PDA

View Full Version : Black Ants

Imaginagent
Jul. 23, 2012, 02:14 PM
I live in Northern Florida and am having a problem with black ants in and around my riding riding and one main pasture. I tried putting down amdro and another ant product that said it killed black ants, it got rained in (like the package said on both products) and the ants are still there. Thinking of contacting the companies about a refund, but in the mean time, anyone know of something that works to get rid of them. You can't stand out there without them everywhere, and sometimes getting on you. They don't bite as bad as the red fire ants, but they will bite!

birdsong
Jul. 23, 2012, 02:28 PM
Amdro is still the go to but you have to broadcast the entire area if they are that bad.

Do you have Dursban ? I just recently treated a large area successfully with it. With our daily rains it washed right in and a mound that I had been struggling with and chasing from place to place finally gave up!

Imaginagent
Jul. 23, 2012, 08:17 PM
I will have to check for Dursban. Will see about trying the amdro again. We did broadcast the entire ring, plus the path besides the ring where the ants were as well. Maybe the additional rain will wash more in.