PDA

View Full Version : PSA why you wash and put away winter blankets ASAP

TBDressage916
Jul. 19, 2012, 05:34 PM
I have one blanket on its 4th winter that I wasn't sure if it was worth repairing or not so I just left it near the wood pile out of the way this spring, well wasn't I suprised when I picked it up that a garter snake family had made a home out of it!!!!!!!! I don't do well with snakes, especially when 3 of them come slithering out of the rip in the blanket! DH is taking it up back in the pasture tonight so they can relocate to someplace else, thank god I didn't put it in my car to go to the laundromat ewwww!

merrygoround
Jul. 19, 2012, 07:58 PM
Might have been an understatement.

"But officer I am nor drunk, I just see snakes!!!!"

:lol: :lol:

Burbank
Jul. 19, 2012, 08:09 PM
I got a hive of yellow jackets that made camp in my blankets one year

ReSomething
Jul. 19, 2012, 11:08 PM
Mouse nest. Small and easy to fix but still . . .

TBDressage916
Jul. 20, 2012, 02:23 PM
mice have legs I'm ok with them!!! It was one of those blankets, hmm do I fix it or has it done its last winter which is why it was just sort of layed out, I have my answer now- as soon as the snakes vacate (I do want them to eat bugs, just not near me!) it's going in the dumpster-I'm not taking any chances putting it in my car!

Foxtrot's
Jul. 20, 2012, 03:23 PM
Are they so picky they have to have dirty blankets, they leave clean ones along?? I think not! Keep them hung up.

Reminder to self - get those blankets cleaned soon.

JB
Jul. 20, 2012, 09:00 PM
I got a hive of yellow jackets that made camp in my blankets one year

Yep :mad: That's far worse than any snake that could make a home, around here anyway. And yep, they got me good :mad::mad:

kmw2707
Jul. 26, 2012, 04:44 PM
I once had a winter blanket folded and stored on a lower shelf in the tack room. Needed to use it one day and unfolded it to find dead baby kitties. I knew I had a feral cat that had had kittens, just didn't know where she had them......