PDA

View Full Version : Time To Get The American Team Cheer On!

retreadeventer
Jul. 18, 2012, 04:03 PM
I think it is time to send our thoughts, hopes, and best wishes to our American riders over in England getting ready for competition! While we've not heard very much from the riders as to what is going on, and how they are managing, I hope that we can just post messages from EVERY eventer on COTH sending best wishes! And link to any signs or messages or photos you'd like to send to encourage them! Let's see how many we can get on one thread! Go Eventing! :)

GO TEAM!
USA USA USA!!!!

runnyjump
Jul. 18, 2012, 04:39 PM
Of course, Go TEAM USA! Hoping everyone has their best ride and ALL riders and horses come home safe and sound!

retreadeventer
Jul. 19, 2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks, Runny. Looks like team spirit is
not very present.

ADM7040
Jul. 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
Well I am excited for our team and the Olympics in general. I think we have an excellent chance of our team and individuals doing us proud. I know that not everyone is happy with all the individuals and horses selected, but everyone there is very talented and very capable of doing USA proud. The years of work is paying off for ALL the athletes at the Olympics and I hope that they are all proud of their accomplishment of making it to the world stage whether that be Equestrian, Fencing, Track, Swimming or any of the other sports that make the Olympics such a very cool event.

Good luck Eventing Team USA and to the rest of the equestrian athletes and their superb mounts! Congratulations as well to ALL the Olympians, I hope that this is the time of your lives!!!

JP60
Jul. 19, 2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks, Runny. Looks like team spirit is
not very present.
Given the nature of two other recent threads many are still muttering about selectors and what they'd like to do with them.:eek:

I wish the best for all of our riders, and in truth, all the riders; that they finish safe and well.

I'm cheering the lone Austrian (Austrian Vielseitigkeit, rocken das Haus), Boyd, Tina, and one of my favorites, Mary King.

(I went to EN and found this

Ever been to Jamaica? Not really the type of place you'd imagine taking up 3-day Event training, right? Well, Samantha Albert (http://www.samanthaalbert.com/) isn't your average lady. This year, she will become the only Jamaican to ever compete in an equestrian event in the Olympics. Quick tid-bits: she used to improvise in training by rolling logs into the sea for water jumps, and she has a horse named "Squirt". [Usain Bolt ain't got nothin' on Samantha Albert (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/17/olympics-jamaica-equestrian-three-day-eventer?newsfeed=true)]

Reading the article I am all in for MS Albert. My dream podium, Jamaican, Austrian, Canadian. I am a sucker for the long shot :):

There wasn't enough time for me to connect with the "team" so I instead cheer on eventing and will gladly argue that it beats basketball any day and then some.

hightide
Jul. 19, 2012, 02:23 PM
Well I am excited for our team and the Olympics in general. I think we have an excellent chance of our team and individuals doing us proud. I know that not everyone is happy with all the individuals and horses selected, but everyone there is very talented and very capable of doing USA proud. The years of work is paying off for ALL the athletes at the Olympics and I hope that they are all proud of their accomplishment of making it to the world stage whether that be Equestrian, Fencing, Track, Swimming or any of the other sports that make the Olympics such a very cool event.

Good luck Eventing Team USA and to the rest of the equestrian athletes and their superb mounts! Congratulations as well to ALL the Olympians, I hope that this is the time of your lives!!!

My thoughts exactly! Good luck to everyone — it's such a big accomplishment to have made it there, and they're all talented in my eyes.

Heliodoro
Jul. 19, 2012, 02:47 PM
GOOO Team USA! Really excited for Will C, fingers crossed all our riders and horses make it through safe and more importantly sound!

I'll drag out the final outcome since I will be pretty much off the grid for the entire Olympics, apparently wireless and Alaska are not symbiotic... who knew?

JER
Jul. 19, 2012, 04:17 PM
I'm cheering the lone Austrian (Austrian Vielseitigkeit, rocken das Haus),

I'm envisioning you with your red-and-white giant foam finger that says Österreichische Vielseitigkeits ist die Nummer eins!

(Not sure I'd go out in public in SC with that on my hand. Be careful, JP60. :))

ACMEeventing
Jul. 19, 2012, 05:36 PM
Best of luck to team USA! And fingers crossed for dry weather and safe runs for everyone :)

And now, thanks to JP60, I'll secretly be rooting for the lone Jamaican . . .

ellena
Jul. 19, 2012, 06:23 PM
Go Team USA - if you all perform the way we know each of you is capable of, this will be very exciting!

kcmel
Jul. 19, 2012, 08:09 PM
Go Team USA! I'm very excited!

shea'smom
Jul. 19, 2012, 10:40 PM
I was thinking today how very much I would like to see Karen get a medal. And how exciting it would be to see Mystery Whisper take it all. and how wonderful it would be to hear the National Anthem.
I am ready for it to start!

monstrpony
Jul. 20, 2012, 10:43 AM
Wishing everyone home safe and sound, with rides they are proud of; beyond that, let the chips fall where they may. Medals would be frosting ... and I *love* frosting!!