PDA

View Full Version : Need to find an Eventing barn and trainer in the San Diego Area

EventerDoc
Jul. 18, 2012, 12:24 PM
Hi all,

I am asking for your advice and recommendations. I am a solid training level event rider looking to move up, making a military move from Washington state to San Diego in the summer of 2013. Would love to find a quality barn and trainers to help my new fancy Dutch WB mare and semi retired/pet TB hunter find our eventing home near San Diego. I will be working at Miramar or Balboa and will probably live near there. Hubby will be working at Coronado. Thrilled to be moving so close to Galway Downs and Copper Meadows, may even make the trek for the November 2012 Galway Downs event. Not a fan of children/teen drama, but am a huge fan of turnout (coming from the emerald land of 24/7 turnout in WA) and must have an invested trainer/barn staff that communicates well and promotes success in their riders. Willing to pay for quality. Trail access and dog friendly a plus. Any recommendations?

Much Obliged,

Doc

runNjump86
Jul. 18, 2012, 12:40 PM
Sending you a PM

Jul. 18, 2012, 01:26 PM
You'll love the facilities at Kingsway Farm, which is where Hawley Bennett and Erin Kellerhouse are located, what you won't like, is the commute from the Miramar area, the off ramp to the 79 gets REALLY backed up in the evening and the 15/78 merge gets really backed up in the mornings. And, its about a 50 minute commute.
You also might want to look at Tammie Smith's place, she just moved and that might be a more realistic location.
There are several nice barns that aren't eventing barns that might work for you as well. I'd contact Liv of Pro Equine Grooms, she knows the whole area back in there....http://www.proequinegrooms.com/
Ramona might be an option, there is boarding at Copper Meadows. Terri Rockovich would also be someone to look up in that area for suggestions.