PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer Canter Cuties!

clivers
Jul. 16, 2012, 05:47 PM
Cruised the listings today and found several beauties including these four!!

1) 4 year old mare: http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6360:fantasy-girl&catid=51:mountaineer-trainer-listings

2) 7 year old gelding: http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6353:dream-smart&catid=51:mountaineer-trainer-listings

3) 5 year old mare: http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6376:jozis-turn&catid=51:mountaineer-trainer-listings

4) 5 year old gelding: http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6358:line-camp&catid=51:mountaineer-trainer-listings

What do you think?

columbus
Jul. 16, 2012, 06:22 PM
You have good taste in your choices. The worst pedigree for sport is the best pedigree for racing in the 7 yo but he is a nice looking horse and I certainly wouldn't rule out based on pedigree. I prefer the mares but I prefer mares. PatO

buffalo colleen
Jul. 16, 2012, 06:39 PM
Excellent eye and taste -- these are some seriously fine looking horses! Great bone, shoulders, conformation, and they don't have the overly long or too straight pasterns one too often sees on TBs. They all look like well balanced horses.
I love the Cox's Ridge, Buckpasser, and Damascus close up in the dark bay mare's pedigree as lines known for producing good jumpers.
As a racing fan and a sucker for the racing royalty blueblood pedigrees, I can't help but drool over Dream Smart. I also love flashy red chestnuts with chrome, and from the trot photo he looks like a very nice mover. If he is still sound and clean legged after so many years of racing, that bodes well for his durability.
I hope you add one or more of them to your eventing prospects at your lovely facility.

circus peanuts
Jul. 16, 2012, 06:39 PM
I love#3. I saw her post the other day and if I hadn't just bought a horse I would be running out to look at her.

Judysmom
Jul. 16, 2012, 08:58 PM
All nice looking horses!

Not as keen on 1, like 4 - but 2 or 3 are my picks.

judybigredpony
Jul. 16, 2012, 09:24 PM
Jozsi Turn...hands down....

Debbie
Jul. 16, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'm shopping for mares and like both listed. The dark bay tops my list. What a nice solid girl she is.

chestnutwithchrome
Jul. 16, 2012, 10:19 PM
Wow, you have nice taste! I would take any of them ;-)

MissCapitalSplash
Jul. 17, 2012, 07:06 AM
I would buy that chestnut mare in a heartbeat if she were closer. LOVE her!

foxhavenfarm
Jul. 17, 2012, 10:57 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE Jozis Turn!

omare
Jul. 17, 2012, 12:45 PM
FWIW The dam of Jozi Turn is a sister to West by West winner of over $1 million (class never hurts in a pedigree) and from the same family as kodiak Kowboy (earner of 1.6 m-same second dam)

amastrike
Jul. 17, 2012, 02:08 PM
Them's some damfine pieces of horseflesh!

Fantasy Girl is a little long backed, but that plus her hind end equals major jumping power.

Line Camp is so nice and beefy, that's a horse who will hold up to hard work. A++ for the pedigree.

Dream Smart is just a lovely lovely critter.

Jozis Turn is nice. All of her parts are great, but for some reason the overall picture strikes me as a tad bit off... but I'm pretty sure that's just me.

My order of preference would be:
Line Camp
Dream Smart
Fantasy Girl/Jozis Turn

But you can't go wrong with any of them.

Vermilion
Jul. 17, 2012, 02:30 PM
While none of them really have the type of neck that catches my eye (they're tied in a little low for me), I would have to go with No. 1.

I'd bet money she's a nice big mover and her expression is my favorite of the 4.

She looks like she may have a similar body type of the Langfuhr granddaughter I acquired recently and if Fantasy Girl moves the same way, I'd say she may very well be worth checking out in person.

wanderlust
Jul. 17, 2012, 04:11 PM
Love love love #1. By far the best all-around sporthorse prospect of the bunch. If I was in the market I'd go snatch her up fast.

Jozsi's turn has a giant body on much finer-boned legs/feet. Plus the leg looks quite short. Pass.

Ainsley688
Jul. 17, 2012, 06:58 PM
ooooo, I like #1! What a gorgeous girl! She looks like she would be a nice, solid, athletic mare. But, I have one of them, and she is pretty awesome, lol, so who wouldn't want another!?

omare
Jul. 17, 2012, 10:25 PM
FWIW Fantasy girl's maternal brother sold for 210,000 and her dam
is a winning half sister to grade II winner Kumari Continent (by Kris S.) and grade III winner Passion (by Came Home).

jenarby
Jul. 17, 2012, 11:58 PM
I took the pics on all of these except Line Camp. If any of you are interested
in these horses, please do call! The mares just have to be seen in person!
Fantasy Girl is Soooo nice! Jozi is really impressive. She is huge. Dream
is sweet and quiet. All of the horses that Johnna has listed are in fantastic
shape. She is probably honest to a fault. Lol. Of the two "broodmare only" mares
she has listed, Arboria has a knee....could be ridden on the flat....and My Violin
is sound, just a little nervous. So she was worried that nobody would
be interested in her to ride.

Jul. 24, 2012, 11:24 AM
For what it is worth, a friend vetted Line Camp and then when it came to discussing price the trainer blew up at her, basically he wanted more than the horse was listed for on canter, the rant got so bad she couldn't get anywhere with him on price.
SO...if anyone is interested in him, he passed the vetting and is likely still available. She paid for xrays and flexions if anyone wanted the report.

jenarby
Jul. 24, 2012, 01:05 PM
All horse that were posted for this trainer have been removed.
He has decided that none are for sale any longer. He decided he did not have
time to show his horses to anyone so they have been removed from the listings.