PDA

View Full Version : my own life will never be this exotic (gossipy horsey Daily Mail article)

JER
Jul. 14, 2012, 04:02 AM
The British showjumper whose model ex-wife is marrying someone else as he prepares to make Olympics bid
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2173336/The-British-showjumper-model-ex-wife-marrying-day-makes-Olympics-bid.html)

I read this immediately after reading about that Papua New Guinea cannibal cult that ate raw brains and made penis soup. My head was already in full spin, so I was barely able to follow this tale of money, sex, horses, weddings and vapid personal confessions.

Make sure you stick with it to the end, the last paragraph is priceless.

:)

Meredith Clark
Jul. 14, 2012, 04:34 AM
"gorgeous" ?

Fred
Jul. 14, 2012, 08:24 AM
I'm just reading another trashy Fiona Walker novel back to back, so this fits right in.

Mickey the Marcher
Jul. 14, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hunter/Jumper forum, perhaps?

Foxtrot's
Jul. 14, 2012, 01:08 PM
Fred - I'm looking for an airplane read - would your book do the job? I read "Riders" on one trip and was able to get right into it, it was such along book but the trip was also long. Need easy, not too complicated, not gruesome for sleepy eyes and weak concentration with interruptions!

Foxtrot's
Jul. 14, 2012, 01:14 PM
Just buy the girl a designer handbag and a bigger ring, and - bam- she's hooked, Paris Hilton look and all.

Fred
Jul. 14, 2012, 01:16 PM
Fred - I'm looking for an airplane read - would your book do the job? I read "Riders" on one trip and was able to get right into it, it was such along book but the trip was also long. Need easy, not too complicated, not gruesome for sleepy eyes and weak concentration with interruptions!

Foxtrot's - Fiona Walker is a 'Brit Chick Lit' ;) writer along the same vein as Jilly Cooper. The books are big and fat, and crammed with characters all of whom have a lot of money and spend a lot of time with their knickers down and quaffing Cristal...
The first one I read was French Lessons, then Well Groomed, most recently Kiss and Tell and now Love Hunt. They are goofy and fun (and horsey).
I am pretty sure this exmodel and her exhusband(s) will be showing up in a future novel.
;)

I'd be happy to send one along to you!

Toadie's mom
Jul. 15, 2012, 12:31 AM
Oh how I LOVE the Daily Mail :D

Fred, thx for the Fiona Walker tip. I love Jilly Cooper, but hadn't heard of Fiona.

judybigredpony
Jul. 15, 2012, 12:43 AM
Why bash her, the men are the idiots...she's the smart one!!!!!!!!

alto
Jul. 15, 2012, 02:24 AM
Foxtrot's - Fiona Walker is a 'Brit Chick Lit' ;) writer along the same vein as Jilly Cooper.
<snip>
French Lessons, then Well Groomed, most recently Kiss and Tell and now Love Hunt. They are goofy and fun (and horsey).
I'd be happy to send one along to you!

I've not read the horsey ones (will look for them!) but read Lucy Talk (http://www.fionawalker.com/books/lucy-talk/) ages ago - it's great fun :yes:

fanfayre
Jul. 15, 2012, 03:34 PM
Better than a Jilly Cooper novel!!!

Foxtrots': you're going to be back in time for Campbell Valley HT, though, aren't you? What will we do if you're not there to jj on x/c day?:eek: It's going to be my youngster's "debutante ball"!

Funny twist-of-fate story: Couple of years ago, I was at a British Car show on our local beach. A British food vendor was there, but leaving a few days later to go to a wedding for "his wife's friend, who was marrying some show-jumper guy, called Ben, I think, yes that's it- Ben Maher". "Who?", I asked, "Never heard of him..." :):lol: The same British car show is on today- I wonder if the vendor's there again, and if he's going back to this new wedding;):D

Foxtrot's
Jul. 15, 2012, 08:07 PM
Ha Ha - what a small world, Fanfayre.
No, I will not be back in time for the Campbell Valley Horse Trials, but you won't need me - (to fudge the score for you) 'cause you're gong to go clear on your baby! But I would have liked to see her. There is always Island 22... let me know.

Fred
Jul. 16, 2012, 07:22 AM
Great small -world-story fanfayre!

Back in the day I used to have a few vintage British sports cars(my favourite was a 1954 MGTF which I bought when I was at university), an old Jaguar.
Now I just have an old pickup truck. :(

Best of luck to you and your baby!!!

snoopy
Jul. 16, 2012, 07:56 AM
Why bash her, the men are the idiots...she's the smart one!!!!!!!!

Agreed...and guys, you get what you "pay" for. As Modonna once proclaimed:

"I look at losing my virginity as a career move".

fanfayre
Jul. 16, 2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the VoC, Foxtrot's and Fred!! It's a shame to not see you at CV, Foxtrot's, but IF all goes well at CV, then I "plan" to go to Island 22- I haven't been there for 6 years!!!!! [I always put plans, goals, etc in quotes, because if I don't, something always comes up to make those plans change, or goals to not be realized, so I never tempt fate]. ;)
I've always wanted a MG, or a Triumph, and an E-type Jag, but since I have horses, I, too just have an old pick-up ( and a Nissan Sentra to run-around in).