PDA

View Full Version : Online Classifieds?

Swishy-Tails
Jul. 13, 2012, 04:35 PM
Hello,

I am looking for some good online classifieds websites to sell an event prospect of mine. If anyone could give me some recommendations that would be great!! I am not much of a horse trader, it just turns out that a horse I have needs to event and eventing is not my cup o' tea! So I want to find him a home he is most happy with!

Or perhaps any other advice regarding selling a horse would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Carried Away
Jul. 13, 2012, 05:13 PM
check out www.sporthorsenation.com. I love window shopping there for event prospects and upper level horses alike!

yellowbritches
Jul. 13, 2012, 06:39 PM
Sporthorse Nation, COTH classifieds, your Area (and possibly adjoining Areas) classifieds. Also, lots of flyers at events if you can manage.

The general classified websites (like equine.com and dreamhorse.com) are good, too. I think equine.com is a far better value, fwiw.

dbolte
Jul. 13, 2012, 08:09 PM
I've had good luck with equine.com as well- definitely good value for the money. Equinenow.com allows free photo ads. You can also post classifieds on the USEA website, and your area's website. Put flyers up in tack stores, at local events, etc. and if there are eventing barns in your area make sure to contact them as well and let them know what you've got. Good pictures will really help!

marcosb
Jun. 18, 2013, 10:31 PM
I don't know of specific equine classifieds sites, but you may have good luck with just some of the general ones, too.

For a nice list of the main classifieds site, have a look at this site: http://www.free-online-classifieds.com

For a long and exhaustive list of pretty much every classifieds site, have a look at this one: http://www.thetoptens.com/best-free-classifieds-websites/

My personal favorite because it does cross-posting to craigslist (so 2 posts with 1 click): http://www.vendalism.com

judybigredpony
Jun. 18, 2013, 10:34 PM
Sports horse nation and FaceBook....social media is the newest and fastest hot spot to get the word out....

LaraNSpeedy
Jun. 21, 2013, 08:47 AM
Is that the event horses for sale on Facebook or is there another one?

When I go on equine.com - it seems like the same as dreamhorse.com - like I see a lot of the same horses so I suppose if you really want to saturate - there is that one too. Craigslist can be a crap shoot - it is a dumping ground sometimes for cheap horses but I have sold 2 horses on there for more than $2500 - horses that were nice older show horses - they found great forever homes with very knowledgeable horse people. So you can sell a horse on there effectively - some people will snoop through there for horses and I think trainers look through for prospects - if they have a client wanting a nice horse and they see your ad - they may perk up. Its a nice FREE place to advertise.

ALSO pass the word on at SHOWS and also, besides your local eventing group - advertise with your local PONY CLUBS, 4H clubs AND DRESSAGE associations - a lot of people are in the dressage to better their eventing.