PDA

View Full Version : Shout out about Sharon White

LAZ
Jul. 11, 2012, 09:08 PM
I am in the midst of hosting my first of two event camps this summer and wanted to post a shout out about Sharon White.

I had a very last minute cancelation by one of my clinicians (Canceled Sunday night a week out) and was in a last minute panic to find another, good, quality instructor. I called Sharon, she got right back to me, rescheduled her week to make it work out to come here and save the day. Mind you, we'd never met, so she was helping out a complete (panic'd) stranger.

I have to say, all the things I'd heard about her are true. She's fun, she's easy to be around, she's encouraging, she's very knowledgable and now she's got about 40 new, staunch fans! She was wonderful addition to the camp.

*AND* she's already agreed to be one of the clincians for event camp again next year. :winkgrin:

CallMeGrace
Jul. 11, 2012, 09:16 PM
Great to know!! Almost local!

scubed
Jul. 11, 2012, 09:20 PM
Sharon rocks!

Wee Dee Trrr
Jul. 11, 2012, 09:35 PM
AH! Just another reason I wish I could ride at camp :(

barnworkbeatshousework
Jul. 11, 2012, 10:08 PM
Agreed, Sharon is awesome!

asterix
Jul. 11, 2012, 10:33 PM
Sharon is perhaps the nicest, most genuine pro I've met. She is awesome!

Lisamarie8
Jul. 12, 2012, 09:24 AM
LAZ, I was at Sharon's for a XC school on Friday and when asked if I could schedule another lesson before MDHTII, she told me she wasn't going to be around this week. While I of course was bummed, I'm happy that her fan club is growing! :)

I can't say enough amazing things about her. I hadn't been able to ride with her yet this season (trailer issues) and my horse and I had been having some spooking (read: stopping) issues XC. In one lesson she got us back on track; going forward and thinking positively (we finished on our dressage score of 23 at MDHTI, which probably wouldn't have happened without her help). She is one of the most gifted instructors out there. The fact that she's also one of the most positive and nicest people around is just an added bonus.

Wits End Eventing
Jul. 13, 2012, 10:26 AM
So glad you posted this LAZ.
Sharon is the kindest, most positive and amazing person.

WE LOVE SHARON!!!

Carol Ames
Jul. 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
:yes: Good on her!

Carol Ames
Jul. 13, 2012, 11:42 AM
Good on her!:yes:

Carol Ames
Jul. 13, 2012, 11:49 AM
I used to do this sort of thing, hop in my truck go wherever:confused:; This sort of gig is so very :eek:stressful on the clinician, go someplace you may know nothing about; the set up, mike, available jumps, etc. for the clinician
this all added stress!:(

Rabtfarm
Jul. 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
I do not know any upper level eventer who isn't :
1. A first class act,
2. Truly a safe clinician and great sport,
3. Willing to work with the host to be effective.

All of the top level eventers are great folks to work with, just needing a modicum of organizational support at the hosts end(meaning if you want to fly with the eagles, support their tail feathers!)
At least that has been my experience to date.

George

LAZ
Jul. 14, 2012, 12:35 AM
I do a lot of clinics here with top people--two 4 day camps and multiple 2-3 day clinics and most clinicians are great & I've never had any issues getting someone who's come here to come again.

However, Sharon, in this case was way over the top since she stepped in after someone bagged out with less than a week out (this person had been on contract with me back in January to come for camp). She knew nothing about me or my program here as we'd never met previously--it was a leap of faith on her part that I'd be an OK person to work with. She stepped in, fit right in, was absolutely great in all aspects. Not everyone who is a good clinician can fit into a 4 day camp with all levels from Green-green-green to prelim and make every single camper better & more confident, but she was great and everyone loved her to pieces.

This is not to take away from Leslie or Dorothy (my other two clincians)--I already knew they were fabulous. :D

I do not know any upper level eventer who isn't :
1. A first class act,
2. Truly a safe clinician and great sport,
3. Willing to work with the host to be effective.

All of the top level eventers are great folks to work with, just needing a modicum of organizational support at the hosts end(meaning if you want to fly with the eagles, support their tail feathers!)
At least that has been my experience to date.

George