PDA

View Full Version : Question about renting a stall per day

Mtn trails
Jul. 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
I have an opportunity to rent out 2 stalls that I have available for a local event derby where the facility barn is full. One stall is more a shed actually with a large grass paddock attached and the other is in my main barn and is a stall with a smaller paddock attached, both provide 24 hour access to the outside. The stalls are matted, there's water available and a pretty comfortable set up. What would be a reasonable day rate? I assume they would provide their own hay and grain but it wouldn't be a hardship if I provided hay and I could feed as well. I wouldn't expect them to clean the stalls but wouldn't be adverse to it either :winkgrin:

Is $20 a day too much? What is the going rate? Seeing how horse trials charge (in my area) $120 for stalls for 3 days, $20 would be a bargain.

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Jul. 11, 2012, 08:09 PM
That's not too much. I'd say between 20 and 50 is the general range, w 25 or 30 the most common rates I've seen - and that is wo/ paddock and w renter expected to muck well before leaving....

I guess the "shed" element could lower the rate, but esp if I *could* lock mine in if it looked like a wet night and an early dressage test, that still sounds like a great option to me.

gottagrey
Jul. 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
A couple of venues near me charge $50 and $75 per night

Go Fish
Jul. 13, 2012, 01:56 PM
Most barns in my area charge a day rate of $40. Includes stall cleaning, hay, feeding and watering.