PDA

View Full Version : where to advertise for a lease in SE PA?

sorabird
Jul. 9, 2012, 09:35 PM
Hi,

I am seriously considering grad school in the spring, but can't afford to take my horse with me, so I would like to lease/sell her. I would rather lease her so that I would get her back when I'm done school. My parent's are in SE PA, (Montgomery County) and they could go check on her once in while if she was down there, but I don't have any connections down there in the horse world anymore. Any suggestions on where to advertise a lease? I will try craigs list but it seems like there should be some better places to post it. Thanks!

retreadeventer
Jul. 9, 2012, 09:43 PM
I would try the Area II website classified section, it gets a lot of attention among eventer. You don't really say if she's an eventer but because you've posted in this section, I assume she is.
Are you on Facebook? the mid atlantic dressage group would be a good group and also Equestrians. Are there any other groups, anyone else?

scubed
Jul. 10, 2012, 05:34 AM
you could send it out to the Area II adult riders group if she is suitable as well as the USEA II site. You can also send to the Radnor Hunt Pony Club for their marketplace. Horse of Delval is a possibility as well

Benson
Jul. 10, 2012, 07:39 AM
The Pony Club in that region is very active. She might be a great match for an upper level PC'er looking for a ride.

bogie78
Jul. 10, 2012, 07:49 AM
You could also try the Horse of Delaware Valley Classifieds: http://www.horsedelval.com/

And Equine Marketer: http://www.equinemarketer.com/

VicariousRider
Jul. 10, 2012, 08:37 AM
Since you have a little time (you say you're considering going in the spring?), I would try to directly contact some trainers or groups (like pony club) that you think would be a good fit. You haven't said what your mare has done so I'm going to assume she's a LL eventer. If you are serious about selling her there are a number of sales programs that are quite successful in Chester County (such as Courtney Cooper at C-square Farm). You might also consider listing her on Sport Horse Nation (sale or lease) and putting up flyers at local events. If you can't get to them maybe have some friends take and post some flyers (Plantation Field, Bucks County, etc.).

lcw579
Jul. 10, 2012, 11:19 PM
you could send it out to the Area II adult riders group if she is suitable as well as the USEA II site. You can also send to the Radnor Hunt Pony Club for their marketplace. Horse of Delval is a possibility as well

If you want your horse on the RHPC Marketplace you can send your ad to radnorhuntpc@gmail.com and I'll get her listed.