PDA

View Full Version : Lost my girth at MDHT I

CMCEventer
Jul. 9, 2012, 01:29 PM
Hi anyone who was at Maryland Horse Trials I this past weekend... I returned home to find that my jumping girth did not come home with me! I also lost a horseshoe on XC, but I'm pretty sure I made it all the way to the cooling tent with my girth. We thought we had everything when we headed back to the trailer, so perhaps someone inadvertently picked it up?? It's very very small, and took me ages to locate, so would love to get it back (show management is also looking for it). I'm dreading trying to locate another one so small.

Black, synthetic, no elastic, small holes in material. Very short - about 14" or 16".

I was one of the last Training level riders to go on Saturday.

Please email me at cheriechauvin@hotmail.com if you happened to arrive home with an extra girth. THANKS!

curlykarot
Jul. 9, 2012, 04:28 PM
We had about 3 or 4 girths in the lost and found at the end of the weekend (plus crops bell boots and some other assorted things) at the secretary's stand. I believe we have something like you mentioned. I'm going out there tonight, I'll look and e-mail a picture. Nobody turned in your shoe btw.... perhaps it will turn up this week.

Guyot
Jul. 9, 2012, 05:31 PM
Your girth was dropped with my stuff back in stabling I turned it in at secretary's. I also found a shoe with pad and two hex studs in warm up and gave that to the xc area steward. Hope you get your stuff back!

CMCEventer
Jul. 9, 2012, 05:46 PM
Yay! Thanks everybody! I just got the photo "line up" of found girths at Loch Moy - and mine was among the nefarious suspects!! It really made me laugh to see all those girths all lined up - and mine being the teeny tiny short one at the end!

Thanks Guyot - Loch Moy called me about that shoe on my way home - it's close to what I lost but not quite. Maybe someone will find it walking courses next week. Thanks though!!