PDA

View Full Version : Genesee Valley Hunt Helmetcam

EventingJ
Jul. 9, 2012, 09:12 AM
We ended up 7th - a bit of a bobble in dressage after she swapped leads in a canter, and my poorly formed circles got as a 40.9, and then we had a silly rail in stadium - but clean and fast for cross country!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIczNQqtDw0&feature=youtube_gdata

overall a great outing and a successful second training for us :D

oldpony66
Jul. 9, 2012, 11:05 AM
Awesome! I love helmet cams.
We were there, but I didn't see any training rides ... DD competed in Novice. It was our first time there - loved it!

trubandloki
Jul. 9, 2012, 12:21 PM
Very cool. Thank you for sharing.

Oberon13
Jul. 9, 2012, 02:28 PM
Fun! I love the gallop up the hill where you're so happy with her because she had just dumped the ditch and brush...nice ride!!!

HPFarmette
Jul. 9, 2012, 02:35 PM
Love the "woo hoos" :-)

Heliodoro
Jul. 9, 2012, 03:00 PM
Another great video. I saw your score later in the day, congrats!

I must say I kept glancing at the Training xc jumps when I walked Novice and thought "that's not so bad...hmm maybe next year..." Poor Goober! He was all set to run around the steeplechase course again after sighting the last 'chase fence after the warm up log, though!

ACMEeventing
Jul. 9, 2012, 06:24 PM
Great job, what a fun course! You've got yourself quite the little pocket rocket!

Thanks for sharing :)

Fancy That
Jul. 9, 2012, 06:32 PM
Wow, congrats and thanks for posting that helmet cam XC trip.....it was a BLAST watching it! :) Your mare seems so willing and you can tell you were both having fun out there.

Isn't XC fun!!?? Thanks again for sharing :)

Neigh-Neigh
Jul. 9, 2012, 10:07 PM
Love 2:27 when she really starts haulin ass! That's a game lil mare you've got there!

EventingJ
Jul. 10, 2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks! I thought a couple of those fences were so big... I swear walking up to them they were bigger than 3'3", but riding them felt great :) The ground was quite hard, I let her gallop out in the good footing near the ditch combo - she loved it!

We will be at Stuart's this week - only at Novice. When I entered Stuart we had not yet run a training, and it was just safer to do Novice at a venue like Stuart incase we had issues at Great Vista and GVH, plus the ground being so hard she could use a break in all the pounding on her legs :) I'll be sure to post our Stuart Novice course (I am going to have to wear a watch to not go TOO fast this time) - next year it will be Training I hope!

awm
Jul. 10, 2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks for sharing your ride! So much fun to see your mare's ears and how
she would look at the jumps she was passing, then lock on to her jumps!
Loved hearing the "Good Girl"s! And seeing how you were looking for your
next jumps!
Did you take a water from me after Stadium?!!!

Good luck at Stuart this week!

Big_Grey_hunter
Jul. 10, 2012, 11:50 AM
Great job and good luck at stuarts!

EventingJ
Jul. 11, 2012, 04:53 AM
Thanks for sharing your ride! So much fun to see your mare's ears and how
she would look at the jumps she was passing, then lock on to her jumps!
Loved hearing the "Good Girl"s! And seeing how you were looking for your
next jumps!
Did you take a water from me after Stadium?!!!

Good luck at Stuart this week!

ooh I did! I was the one all in pink :D Thanks so much for volunteering!

KateMcCall
Jul. 11, 2012, 09:30 AM
Very cool! thanks for sharing! your horse seems very alert on the course :)

foundationmare
Jul. 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
That is frickin' amazing! I can't wait to see you at Stuart! OTTBs totally rock!!