PDA

View Full Version : Evie: 3 PossumS 0

ManyDogs
Jul. 8, 2012, 10:38 PM
Gross. Just found another dead possum. This had better be THE LAST ONE. Evie just dispatches them and then sleeps on her blanket in the hallway for the rest of the evening. :D
We have theories as to how they have gotten in, but nothing that will stand up in court. :winkgrin:
I dunno, hunting doesn't bother me, any animal outside doesn't bother me, but there is something really really wrong with POSSUMS INVADING!!! This has never happened before.
Evie has been spayed. I might need to clone her. :lol:

ThreeFigs
Jul. 9, 2012, 06:40 PM
Three cheers for Evie!

laskiblue
Jul. 9, 2012, 07:17 PM
Possums are tricky critters. I found a young one in my bathtub once. My theory is mama possum carried it in the dog door while I was at work and my dogs were sleeping, but you just never know.

JanM
Jul. 9, 2012, 08:32 PM
Doggie door, people proping door open so possum comes in from garage or carport, or they are truly evil and teleport in. And if you have a basement that's unfinished, there are tons of places to raise a family.

Good for Evie, but it would be nice if she'll let you know she scored another kill, so you could get rid of the evidence.

Alagirl
Jul. 9, 2012, 08:40 PM
are you SURE it wasn't the same one? :lol:

cutter99
Jul. 9, 2012, 08:52 PM
Evie! Evie!! Evie!!!

I do believe Evie needs her own Facebook page!

ManyDogs
Jul. 10, 2012, 08:22 AM
Yes, Evie is a good girl!
I don't know if it was one of the same possums or not. I don't want to know!!!
Hmmm, a facebook page for Evie. Perhaps I'll do an Evie and Noodles facebook page. I had to extract Noodles from her recliner/table/blanket cave this morning so she could go out with the riff-raff :D (other dogs in the run out back) to do her business.
Both are from our local pound. Why???? Why are beautiful purebred sweet girls at the local shelter???? OK, well, Evie is very serious about her hunting in the house so tends to leave things in um, disarray? Boxes, clothes, moves furniture, tugs on anything in her way; you get the picture. :D

WhiteCamry
Jul. 10, 2012, 10:11 AM
Maybe it's the same possum "playing possum"?

carolprudm
Jul. 10, 2012, 04:01 PM
http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/animal-planet-presents/videos/infested-opossums-infest-students-home.htm

Go Evie

JanM
Jul. 10, 2012, 05:33 PM
Many Dogs-the sad fact is that many purebreds, nice senior dogs, and dogs about six months to a year old end up at shelters on death row because people simply don't want to be bothered. I've known people that volunteered by couldn't take it for long when they saw the abandoned animals doomed to die. That's one reason that vets and animal lovers say not to give an animal to someone as a surprise, because it might not be a welcome one that becomes a treasured part of the family.

A friend's daughter volunteered for a while at a really bad local shelter, and kept 'adopting' animals that she and her family used their extensive rescue network to rehome. One was a full blood Chinese Crested, when there weren't that many in the country, so it must have been a very valuable animal-and she found a great home for it. It was in a big area for retirees in the Sunbelt, so a lot of people were given a dog or cat they didn't want, couldn't afford, and so the animal got dumped at the pound.