PDA

View Full Version : Amerigo Saddles - changing the tree size?

eventing_kp101
Jul. 8, 2012, 09:06 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew of how much it cost to change the width of an Amerigo tree, and places where I can get it done? I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of Amerigo dealers/reps but just need some back ups if they don't work out or at least an idea of the price range I'm looking at until they are able to get back to me. The saddle has never been altered and is currently a M needing to be changed to a MW.

Thanks everyone :)

Black Points
Jul. 8, 2012, 10:53 PM
I have a MW Amerigo dressage saddle that I want to change into a M tree and Ann Forrest at Equestrian Imports quoted me $300.

Is your saddle a dressage saddle? Maybe we could excange;)

KateWooten
Jul. 8, 2012, 11:10 PM
I can press the tree, so can Mike Scott. Pretty much any Schleese rep, most Albion reps should have the equipment, any Custom Saddlery rep. You can do it by tracings, but honestly, it is So much easier, more reliable and accurate to do it on site with the horse right there in front of you, so you can have whoever it is set the tree and try it on the horse.

I tend to be very conservative, particularly with narrowing (because if you go too far, it's expensive to widen it again !). In your case, I would be widening, so I'd have to drop the front panels anyway, so $250-$300 is about right. A Schleese rep *should* be able to do it for less because on their machine, I don't think they have to drop the front panels.

If you tell us where you are (PM if you need) I can probably find you someone reliable who can visit.

eventing_kp101
Jul. 8, 2012, 11:26 PM
I have a MW Amerigo dressage saddle that I want to change into a M tree and Ann Forrest at Equestrian Imports quoted me $300.

Is your saddle a dressage saddle? Maybe we could excange;)

No way!? That's a funny coincidence! It is - an Amerigo Deep Seat Dressage I believe. What model is yours? Perhaps we could :)

eventing_kp101
Jul. 8, 2012, 11:28 PM
I can press the tree, so can Mike Scott. Pretty much any Schleese rep, most Albion reps should have the equipment, any Custom Saddlery rep. You can do it by tracings, but honestly, it is So much easier, more reliable and accurate to do it on site with the horse right there in front of you, so you can have whoever it is set the tree and try it on the horse.

I tend to be very conservative, particularly with narrowing (because if you go too far, it's expensive to widen it again !). In your case, I would be widening, so I'd have to drop the front panels anyway, so $250-$300 is about right. A Schleese rep *should* be able to do it for less because on their machine, I don't think they have to drop the front panels.

If you tell us where you are (PM if you need) I can probably find you someone reliable who can visit.

Thank you very much for all that info! I will pm you my location - thank you so much for your help!