PDA

View Full Version : UNH Summer HT?

mg
Jul. 7, 2012, 01:45 PM
Anyone going to the UNH Summer HT tomorrow? This will be my first rated event since my pony's injury last spring and I am very excited! It will also be the first event I've ever gone to completely on my own... I'd love to buddy up with someone down there if anyone else is going! :)

Larbear
Jul. 7, 2012, 06:57 PM
Hi mg, I was entered but had to scratch unfortunately....otherwise I would have loved to have met up with you. :) I usually end up going alone so it's nice to hook with others. Hope you find someone, looks like the weather tomorrow is going to be really nice too; no humidity and lower temps!

vagabondrider
Jul. 8, 2012, 05:30 PM
For anyone who went to UNH...what's the footing like in the dressage arenas? I haven't been there in years but will be doing a dressage show there later this month. Thanks!

Hilary
Jul. 8, 2012, 06:13 PM
For the dressage show in June they used the 2 all weather footing arenas and the grass ring - all large size.

At the event they don't use the grass ring, but instead the ring in the fenced outdoor arena next to the indoor - but it is not large enough for a large arena.

Larbear
Jul. 8, 2012, 07:00 PM
How was the footing for the stadium?

mg
Jul. 9, 2012, 09:19 AM
I thought the stadium footing was fine. It was in the sand parking lot next to the temporary stabling, as usual. I know some people get bothered that it's not groomed arena footing or don't think it's deep enough, but I think it's just fine. I don't like deep footing anyhow!

Big thank you to UNH and all the lovely volunteers for another great horse trial! My pony and I had a blast and are very sad we will have to miss the fall HTs.