PDA

View Full Version : Stubben super-sale saddles--check out these deals!

purplnurpl
Jul. 7, 2012, 12:43 PM
Stubben has a super sale going on right now.

With the help of Paul from VTO we finally found a saddle to fit Toby (APHAwesomeness) the Cow Pony.

It was the deal of the century for me and Toby is soooo happy with his new saddle that he has decided to write a blog. He's a little slow moving these days due to the extreme heat but he'll get it done eventually...

Go to the used saddle section to find the super sale saddles.
They are not used but actually new or demos.
http://www.stubbennorthamerica.com/stubbenusedsaddles.php

1. Paul and Stubben hooked me up with an XW Genesis Deluxe with fancy butt seat for a fraction of the new saddle price..
2. Stubben then altered it by adding long billets for me
3. and I cut off the standard blocks, added velcro, and stuck my gingerbread (that means big and fluffy) Prestige blocks on it.
(cutting off blocks and adding velcro is an easy at home job that costs less than 50 bucks and takes about 1.5 hours--I'd be happy to help anyone who wants to do this to their saddle)

super sale Genesis saddles:
http://www.stubbennorthamerica.com/stubbenusedsaddlesgenesisjumping.php

side note: it was that odd chestnutty color and after a hot oil yesterday it's almost as dark as the ebony. :D

blairasb
Jul. 7, 2012, 01:13 PM
Oh you're soooo lucky!

I really wanted to find a Stubben XW an an all purpose or jumping saddle for my guy- the shape of the tree suited him just beautifully. Sadly, none of the ones available in an XW tree were a sufficient seat size for me...

I ended up with a used county instead which will get the job done.

In the meanwhile... I'm Envious!

judybigredpony
Jul. 7, 2012, 07:41 PM
Make sure they actually have the saddle, my one and only foray to this program can to naught when after I paid for the saddle they umm couldn't locate it, seems the Demo was perhaps sold before being returned..yes I got my $K+ back but frustrated and disappointed

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Jul. 7, 2012, 07:44 PM
judy (or any other multi-tb stubbeners) - do you have tree size you find fits a lot of the tb's?

judybigredpony
Jul. 7, 2012, 08:14 PM
Medium medium

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Jul. 7, 2012, 10:58 PM
which in stubben numbers is??? 31? or??

Weatherford
Jul. 8, 2012, 05:11 AM
The biomex seat almost works! But, it kills me to have paid a lot more for my Stubbens than this!! ;)

And, if Butet had biomex (or some such thing), I'd get rid of the stubbens...

blairasb
Jul. 8, 2012, 06:47 AM
Anything above a 31cm is considered "wide" by stubben, but 31 is, IMO, kind of MW...

kcmel
Jul. 8, 2012, 07:36 AM
Lucky you, PP! Most of these saddles have been up for months. I keep looking obsessively for them to list the one I am looking for (28 cm Roxane S), but no luck:(.

Dewey
Jul. 8, 2012, 07:51 AM
31 is a medium-wide. I have one, and it fits lots of QH types. It's a tad wide for my appendix mare who is 3/4 TB. I would go for a 29 or 30 for a TB, but it's best to get it fitted first.

SaddleFitterVA
Jul. 8, 2012, 11:59 AM
I have two wide horses. I tried a Passier XW and it was not wide enough. A 32cm in a Stubben used to be way too narrow, but that does depend on the length of the tree points...

Everyone loves these so much, a part of me wouldn't mind trying one, but how soft are they flocked? That is a deal killer for me usually. Most Stubben panels are harder than I like to put on my horse's back.

Those prices are very attractive, but all the XW are in 18" seats.

purplnurpl
Jul. 8, 2012, 04:48 PM
the new Stubbens are super soft.

I've ridden in it once and couldn't even feel the biomex so I'm not sure if the fancy seat is worth the money if purchased at regular price.
Though for someone with back issues it may be a diamond.

Toby is a roping bred old school type paint.
The custom super wide Prestige tree didn't even fit him! (37cm)--not the same cm as Stubben.

Stubben's XW tree fits him great. And I don't consider Toby to be super duper wide.
Even my TB wore a wide in saddle size so it seems that I just end up with wide loads.