PDA

View Full Version : prefab center aisle barn, anyone?

kiwifruit
Jul. 7, 2012, 10:49 AM
Again, I'm debating about bringing back my current riding horse home from a boarding situation after I did the math on how much I am spending (yikes!) Anyway, I have a nice setup at home, five acres fenced in with a shed row barn (3 stalls and a small tack room) inside. The set up is nice is good weather but when it snows or rains, the stalls get wet because they are not protected. When I bought the shed row barn, I didn't have an overhang installed with the thoughts of putting together a center aisle barn with another shed row someday down the road. Anyone have one? What are your thoughts? Costs? My original shedrow was about 8K. I'm assuming that price plus cost of roof? Would love to do a loft but I think I'm gonna run out of $$$ especially if I want to put in a small ring.

Bluey
Jul. 7, 2012, 11:07 AM
Try local builders, explain you want to make a center aisle by adding a opposite row of stalls to what you have, maybe with a ridge vent.

They can give you estimates of what that will cost.

Whoever prefabricated the shedrow stalls, if they are still in business, may also prefabricate what you need, check with them.