PDA

View Full Version : Attention Area 1 riders

ivy62
Jul. 7, 2012, 05:49 AM
I am looking at a horse in Mass that has competed recently in Area 1. He is a 1995 Trakhener named Marrakesch... Does anyone know him? I am trying to replace my retired eventer that we lost in December. What kind of a horse is he? I am not a beginner rider but definitely have confidence issues until I get comfortable on a horse... I only really want to do dressage and when my daughter is ready to move up she will do some low level stuff..
Thanks in advance

frugalannie
Jul. 7, 2012, 08:14 AM
FWIW, he's a well-loved partner of an amateur who has lots of other things on her plate (kids, business, etc.). We were next to each other in day trailer parking at GHF, and not only did he do very well in a highly competitive division, his manners at the trailer were fantastic. She was easily able to do everything alone, which is saying a lot on XC day!

From my knowledge of him, definitely worth a look.

Adagio
Jul. 7, 2012, 08:57 AM
http://www.americantrakehner.com/Results/horseResults.asp?ID=ORB-A-S1519

If so seems like a been there done it kind of horse. Assuming this is the same horse
Roxanne Booth might be a good contact as she owned and rode him to at least Intermediate. Of course not sure how to connect the dots. Good luck

ivy62
Jul. 7, 2012, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately this is not him. He is from canada. But his record is still nice for me....
Thanks

Hilary
Jul. 7, 2012, 03:46 PM
FWIW, he's a well-loved partner of an amateur who has lots of other things on her plate (kids, business, etc.). We were next to each other in day trailer parking at GHF, and not only did he do very well in a highly competitive division, his manners at the trailer were fantastic. She was easily able to do everything alone, which is saying a lot on XC day!

From my knowledge of him, definitely worth a look.

This.

I don't think there are any skeletons in his closet. Just that she's had him for ages, and together I think they have accomplished what they, together, are going to do. He doesn't owe her anything and she wants a new challenge. He also trail rides, hunter paces - he is a been there done that guy.

ivy62
Jul. 7, 2012, 04:20 PM
I am an adult rerider making the switch from H/J to dressage. I had an awesome ex-eventer, also from Mass and we lost him in a freak pasture accident last December. Prior to him, I had big confidence issues. Last horse was a bolter.... Once I get comfy and trust the horse I am fine. would he be okay with that.
I also have a 10 year old daughter that rides w-t-c on the schoolies but if she can walk him around the farm and work on a lunge line that would be great. I want a nice horse to have a nice comfy life with.
Would he be good for that?
I am hoping to go see him soon

ivy62
Jul. 20, 2012, 01:30 PM
Well, I went and saw him. What a nice guy! He is not exactly what we had but I am sure he is capable of doing the job well... So he will become a New York resident soon.....
Thanks for your responses...

Hilary
Jul. 20, 2012, 02:31 PM
What great news! For rider, horse, and horse's owner.

ivy62
Jul. 20, 2012, 02:44 PM
I feel so lucky to have 2 horses like this in my life.... Most people never have one! If you had told me I would be buying a trakehner I would have laughed. I am a TB person through and through...
Anyone who knew, Tyler aka Mai Tai, knows that those are BIG horseshoes to fill.. I think Marrakesch will do a fine job.... and he is really pretty too!