PDA

View Full Version : Plantation jumper derby?

Meredith Clark
Jul. 6, 2012, 12:07 PM
Does anyone have information on this? I'm pretty sure it's on July 17 but that's all (I think) I know! Plantation's web page doesn't come up right on my phone so I don't know if it's there.

Thanks!!

Ajierene
Jul. 6, 2012, 12:11 PM
You made me go look it up!

Tue, July 17
Elementary through Prelim
$60 for first round
$40 for second round

I have not decided if I want to do it or not, will probably depend on finances and the fact that I am leaving for a 10 day class on the 18th. I am thinking you can pay up to that day, since I do not see a closing date.

Meredith Clark
Jul. 6, 2012, 01:49 PM
Do you pre-enter?

You better not go, you might fall off during the course after you've jumped. Lol

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 6, 2012, 01:52 PM
Do you pre-enter?

You better not go, you might fall off during the course after you've jumped. Lol

I don't think that you have to pre-enter. Kate and Erin will also have details up on their web site.

It is a fundraiser to get the both to Burghley as well as raising funds for the large event in the fall at Plantation. What is nice is you can do two levels or repeat a course. Nice schooling opportunity!

Fingers crossed the weather will be good. I think we are starting at 2 but I will get back to here on the schedule.

JenniferTWfarm
Jul. 7, 2012, 07:32 PM
Any updates on the time?

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 7, 2012, 08:15 PM
Any updates on the time?

I'm checking.

More details on http://plantationfieldhorsetrials.com/cms2/

but not times yet. I'm pretty sure it is starting at 2pm but want to confirm.

Ajierene
Jul. 7, 2012, 09:03 PM
Do you pre-enter?

Oh, your a funny girl! I will have you know, we did the entire cross country course after the last show, and went to Joe's, and have not fallen off yet! Of course, we haven't attempted a 2-stride again....

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 7, 2012, 09:38 PM
I'm checking.

More details on http://plantationfieldhorsetrials.com/cms2/

but not times yet. I'm pretty sure it is starting at 2pm but want to confirm.

Looks like we are starting at 1:30pm with Elementary....about 1 hour each division.

Xctrygirl
Jul. 8, 2012, 08:39 PM
Do we know how the format will work? I assume Stadium and Xc fences mixed and in and out of the "ring" but I was curious how extensively the xc course would be used. Would the water, ditches, banks etc be in this exercise or not?

(That would make a difference in which level I enter ;-) )

Thanks in advance.

~Emily

Meredith Clark
Jul. 8, 2012, 10:23 PM
$60 a class is a bit steep... even though I strongly support the cause!

NeverTime
Jul. 9, 2012, 06:38 AM
Officially, "Water and XC fences will be used in all levels," is what I've been told.
[[ETA: Thanks, Amy, edited my response accordingly.]]

AKDragooPhoto
Jul. 9, 2012, 07:06 AM
It is my understanding that they will be jumping in the center field where the first CIC show jumped, which puts you in the center of the cross country course.

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 9, 2012, 10:43 AM
$60 a class is a bit steep... even though I strongly support the cause!

We based the price on what was done for similar derbies. But unlike an event...you can go at two levels or have two rounds at a pretty affordable price.

lcw579
Jul. 9, 2012, 10:57 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun. I see they have the 12th noted on the entry form, but does anyone know if we could still just show up on the day?

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 9, 2012, 11:15 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun. I see they have the 12th noted on the entry form, but does anyone know if we could still just show up on the day?

yes-- I'll confirm it with those in charge but last I heard we were not really scheduling times--so it will run a bit more like a schooling jumper show. I think that if you don't enter by the 12th, you will just have to enter on the day of. Just if you enter ahead of time, you will be sure to get in on the off chance that we get too many people....

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 10, 2012, 09:10 AM
yes I confirmed that you will still be able to just sign up the day at the event. Divisions will run about 1 hour each and we will hopefully have some time at the end of the day for more schooling (i.e. you will be able to run another course just no ribbon).

All courses will have water but it will be an option for elem. Only Prelim has a ditch I believe...and a few of the levels will also use the bank.

But remember this is a fundraiser and schooling event so if you want to go around a fence....that's fine, your are not going to get pulled off the course--just will be out of the ribbons. If you miss your division--you may also be able to school, we will be flexible within reason.

Bit of Britain has donated some goods so we should have prizes too! It should be a fun fun event!

retreadeventer
Jul. 10, 2012, 04:34 PM
thanks for doing this, born free!

lcw579
Jul. 10, 2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks BFNE - we'll be there. From the people I've talked to I think you're going to have a nice crowd.

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 11, 2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks BFNE - we'll be there. From the people I've talked to I think you're going to have a nice crowd.

:D:D:D:D

I'll be there with my greenbean too. Would rather just have Kate ride her but I think she may be too busy;)

scubed
Jul. 11, 2012, 02:33 PM
We're coming over from Blue Hill