PDA

View Full Version : Your Dream Cross Country Course

Wellspotted
Jul. 3, 2012, 08:56 PM
How would you build it?

What would you build?

I am thinking more Amoeba/Minimus - BN here, not Badminton or Rolex. ;)

JFCeventer
Jul. 3, 2012, 09:37 PM
Training height, all the fun stuff with bank complexes and water complexes, but no ditches ;) Horse is not a fan :lol:

Blugal
Jul. 3, 2012, 09:38 PM
In order:

Ditch with different sizes (fairly easy to build)

Bank with a ramp option (fairly easy to build)

Water jump

a treed section and some hills

galloping lanes

Sunken road

ACMEeventing
Jul. 3, 2012, 10:00 PM
What Blugal said but with options. Build the questions so they can be tackled individually or grouped together to make it tougher (like going from a N to T, or T to P question). A single coop for instance, but with a another coop on a curved 3 stride. Taken individually as a N, taken together as a T. You get the idea.

Water is an expensive undertaking but it is so worth the construction if you can recoup some of the cost in schooling fees. EVERYONE wants to school water.

Jumps with adjustable heights. Denny has some of these at his Southern Pines location. The coop has planks that are added or subtracted to change the level. Brilliant design - the same jump goes from BN to P in a few moments.

When adding XC obstacles to a private farm without an unlimited budget, you have to get max use out of minimum space and cost.

Catie79
Jul. 4, 2012, 01:19 AM
I would want it on sandy footing like what I've seen in Aiken. Oh, how I love that footing. I would also want sections to cut through wooded areas before galloping across open fields.

And then I would have Derek DiGrazi design it, but at Novice/Training height. I want the questions, just not the crazy and terrifying size.

I would want:

Wide, inviting tables.
A baby coffin (all elements being bitty so the horse could be stuffed through if necessary).
A lovely water for splashing through, possibly with a log in.
A little set of steps.
Baby versions of interesting fences, including branches hanging off of trees and things like that. Anything other than 'coop log coop log'. I would love a carved animal jump.
A real brush fence for my horse to drag her toes through.
A narrow, inviting corner so I can get over that hangup.

So no, I don't want that much. Really! :D

Cameraine
Jul. 6, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hmmm, BN-T height.

Water complex with a bank in, and a log in, plus an easy walk-in crossing for green horses.

Bank with a ramp option

Ditches of various sizes

Tables

Lots of skinnys and a couple of corners.

Trakheners (I find these scary)

All this on rolling terrain with plenty of open galloping space and fabulous footing.