PDA

View Full Version : Piggy French out of Olympics, Nicola and Opposition Buzz in

RacetrackReject
Jul. 2, 2012, 12:32 PM
It's now public that DHI Topper W has sustained an injury and that as a result Piggy French has had to withdraw from the GB Olympic Eventing Squad, her able replacement being Nicola Wilson and Opposition Buzz.

Xctrygirl
Jul. 2, 2012, 12:34 PM
So sad for Piggy. But I ADORE Buzz. What a neat horse.

~Emily

Kanga
Jul. 2, 2012, 02:05 PM
So glad to hear Opposition Buzz is now on the team! Very suprising that they had left him out to begin with, hard to argue that this isn't the best X/C horse in the world today!!! So happy for Nicola, Buzz & the Bartles!!!!

The Brits are going to be tough to beat!!

JFCeventer
Jul. 2, 2012, 02:12 PM
Sad for Piggy that both her mounts are injured but SO happy for Nicola. I LOVE that horse!

Marney
Jul. 2, 2012, 02:27 PM
I love Buzz....Very sad for Piggy:(

Xctrygirl
Jul. 2, 2012, 02:48 PM
Love these vids:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-17059486

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rbyOwuxinc

Emily

Aspen70
Jul. 2, 2012, 03:33 PM
Go Buzz!!!! Just couldn't quite imagine one of the world's best cross country horses not being part of the Olympic games. It seemed very wrong for him not to be included.
Very unfortunate for Piggy though. She's really a quality rider.

teddygirl
Jul. 2, 2012, 04:34 PM
Agreeing with everyone here; so sad for a class act like Piggy French, buy Buzz is a Rock Star!

TSHEventing
Jul. 2, 2012, 06:32 PM
Biased because my new filly this year is by Fleetwater Opposition, but GO BUZZ!

gorebels91
Jul. 2, 2012, 07:45 PM
I'm gutted for Piggy, first her 4* champ gets hurt, then her super nice younger ride is hurt. I'm ecstatic for Nicola thought, I know she'll do her typical polished riding :)

pwynnnorman
Jul. 5, 2012, 08:59 AM
OK, I can't resist posting this...

I have a gelding who is half sib to Teddy and (paternal half-sib) Miners Frolic, and a filly who is half sib to Teddy and (paternal half-sib) Opposition Buzz (and two others with almost the same relationship to each horse).

Just had to get it out in an Eventers forum somewhere! Ah'm fit to be tied. :D

RacetrackReject
Jul. 5, 2012, 09:49 AM

I have a gelding who is half sib to Teddy and (paternal half-sib) Miners Frolic, and a filly who is half sib to Teddy and (paternal half-sib) Opposition Buzz (and two others with almost the same relationship to each horse).

This post is useless without pictures..lol.

Napoles
Jul. 5, 2012, 09:55 AM

Sooo, they are both out of Teddy's Dam and one is by Miner's Lamp and the other is by Fleetwater Opposition? Cool!! I second the picture request!

pwynnnorman
Jul. 6, 2012, 04:41 AM
Here's the filly: http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2970936860066718914NmbSUE

The boys are rather plain looking (the filly's picture doesn't actually do her justice either as she's quite elegant and feminine).

Alas, too, the filly is a classic hunter type, not an eventer (not that I'm saying she wouldn't succeed in eventing: she's a very confident, enthusiastic ride). The boys -- especially the four-year-old out of Ted's mom -- are awesome...I always thought that the power of Ted's jump had to have come from his Dad -- seeing his Mom, it just doesn't make sense that she'd have it -- but his Mom's non-Theodore babies are just striking in their unexpected "ooomph!" The filly by Future Illusion (same sire as Opposition Buzz) is just a suckling and yet your eye is drawn to her hind end already: whether she's trying to amputate your hand with a kick (being hypersensitive about things touching her legs, as is a Mom-driven family trait) or standing on her head bucking out in the field.

I wish I had the time and resources to do more with them all, but, hopefully, that's coming soon.

Napoles
Jul. 6, 2012, 06:21 AM
Here's the filly: http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2970936860066718914NmbSUE

" The filly by Future Illusion (same sire as Opposition Buzz).

They sound fabulous. :) I can't see the photo unfortunately due to our pesky firewall. :(

I always though Opposition Buzz was by Fleetwater Opposition.

vineyridge
Jul. 6, 2012, 10:13 AM
Napoles, I think what Wynn is saying is that Future Illusion is by Fleetwater Opposition.

pheasantknoll
Jul. 6, 2012, 10:16 AM
Opposition Buzz is the most talented horse not named to an Olympic Team. Sorry for Piggy, but this was the right horse all along, IMNTBHO

Napoles
Jul. 6, 2012, 11:57 AM
Napoles, I think what Wynn is saying is that Future Illusion is by Fleetwater Opposition.

Ah, ok!! Now I understand! Thanks Viney - I am a bit slow today. :lol: