PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Stuart Horse Trials?

Big_Grey_hunter
Jul. 1, 2012, 09:50 PM
I know it's a couple weeks away, but who's going? If you're competing, what level(s) are you riding? I'm signed up for novice :)

Good luck to everyone who signed up! May your horses stay sound, the weather stay dry and drop 10 degrees, the judges be generous, and the rails stay up!

amastrike
Jul. 3, 2012, 10:28 AM
I'm going to jump judge Thursday and Saturday :D.

EventingJ
Jul. 3, 2012, 11:52 AM
I'll be there too :) Novice division - figured with the ground so hard, I'm doing training with her at GVH this weekend, taking it a little easy on her at Stuart :)

Could really use some rain about now!

awm
Jul. 3, 2012, 12:42 PM
I'll be there jump judging, then handing out the Irish Draught Sport Horse
Awards, for the highest placing IDSH at each level!
Stuart is one of the best! The Organizers are wonderful to work with and
they run a tight ship!
Good Luck to all competing there!
EventingJ, I'll be running the Dressage at GVH and then handing out the water
bottles after Stadium before you go to XC!
Good Luck there, too! I'll be the one with the cane on Sat. Look me up!
Ann

Big_Grey_hunter
Jul. 4, 2012, 10:02 AM
I'll be there too :) Novice division - figured with the ground so hard, I'm doing training with her at GVH this weekend, taking it a little easy on her at Stuart :)

Could really use some rain about now!

Good luck at GVH, I'll see you there :) GHV is your second training, right? I always love to see your mare jump, she gets those knees right up to her chin!

Big_Grey_hunter
Jul. 6, 2012, 09:36 PM
Times are posted!
http://eventingscores.com/eventsr/sht/ht0712/

Rabtfarm
Jul. 7, 2012, 07:49 AM
We are returning to Stuart and we certainly hope to see you again on Sunday Ann!

wishnwell
Jul. 10, 2012, 10:13 AM
My daughter will be attending again this year after having to sit out last year due to an injury. Entered in the Novice division (which btw is quite big ). I'm so nervous/excited for them. I love this venue, such beautiful grounds and this year they have been working like crazy to keep the course in favorable conditions.
I can't wait to see everyone out there! Have fun, be safe and good luck!

Heliodoro
Jul. 10, 2012, 10:31 AM
I unfortunately ended up scratching my ride. The wunderponee is still too plump and I don't want his confidence shaken in trying to tackle those fences while exhausted/out of shape. Perhaps next year... I know I'll have a more consistent riding schedule (I keep leaving for 2-3wks every 3-4 wks, makes it hard to keep the horses in shape) for 2013.

Good luck to all entered. I know they've been watering and aerating the tracks, hopefully the footing should be better!

wishnwell
Jul. 10, 2012, 10:55 AM
Oh no, so sorry you aren't competing :(
I hope you'll at least be there cheering on the locals?

awm
Jul. 10, 2012, 11:17 AM
We are returning to Stuart and we certainly hope to see you again on Sunday Ann!

Looking forward to seeing Bouncer again!

Good luck to all at Stuart!

foundationmare
Jul. 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
I'm going as a spectator for the first time and I am sooo excited. Finally going to see EventingJ and The Jolly compete. The Jolly was given to me when she was retired from racing and gave me one perfect filly who is the spittin' image of her mama! I was delighted when EventingJ bought her as her eventing prospect and look what they're doing now!!

Big_Grey_hunter
Jul. 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
Just finished the course walk for novice! Our weekend at GVH was truly horrible, so I (being a huge wuss) am a bit nervous after walking the course. I plan on glueing myself in the saddle with sticky spray, grabbing my Oh Sh!T strap, and hanging on for dear life :lol: