PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Inexpensive board S. Chester County/Fair Hill area

pompeiii
Jun. 30, 2012, 09:40 PM
I don't usually post over here, but in the cheap boarding near Malvern thread in the H/J forum, people mentioned to ask on the eventing board. Anyway, I was hoping some of you have some boarding recommendations as I am no longer comfortable where my horses currently reside and feel the need to move ASAP.

It's not an emergency situation, but to make a long story short, my horses no longer have access to shelter and I was not informed (they had access to the shed before I left town for a few days and didn't when I returned today. Only horses on property are mine and the barn owner. My horses regularly spend hours in shelter during heat and buggy times). And with the bad storms we've have over the last few days... Anyway, my horses are not happy. They do have some shade from trees, but it's not enough...

I'm looking for a self care field board situation in the Southern Chester County (Landenberg, Nottingham, Oxford areas), Southern Lancaster County, or Fair Hill, MD area. Backyard barns preferred. I do like to have access to some kind of outdoor ring/pasture where I can ride, but as long as there's shelter, running water, and a place where I can store feed/tack/hay, I'm happy. I can even compromise of the storage requirements.

Any ideas/suggestions? I have 3 horses (2 geldings and a mare) and really need 24/7 turnout. I prefer self care, but would possibly be OK with a co-op situation, or cheap field board where I would check on horses daily. Thanks!!

Meredith Clark
Jun. 30, 2012, 10:16 PM
Twin Elks farm would probably suit you. It's in Jennserville, great owners, but their not horse people. Last time I was there it was $100 a month, 20 some acres, multiple run in sheds and water. 2 large barns to store stuff. They do round bales during the winter.

pompeiii
Jul. 1, 2012, 07:29 AM
Twin Elks farm would probably suit you. It's in Jennserville, great owners, but their not horse people. Last time I was there it was $100 a month, 20 some acres, multiple run in sheds and water. 2 large barns to store stuff. They do round bales during the winter.

Thanks, I'll give them a call and see if space is available.

Any other suggestions?

retreadeventer
Jul. 1, 2012, 08:44 AM
Message Xctrygirl, she knows a lot of the boarding areas around there. Also there is a road behind Fair Hill on the PA side, with four or five boarding stables on it. I occasionally drive past there and often think what a nice road to board a horse, so close to town yet backyard of Fair Hill. Might be Elbow Lane. Also check the Horse of Delaware Valley classified ads, there are usually a lot of boarding ads.

VicariousRider
Jul. 1, 2012, 02:37 PM
Look at the postings at the Unionville tack shop and post office. There have been a number of those types of things posted there recently but they do change often. Also google the classifieds for Horse of the Delaware Valley if you haven't already.

pompeiii
Jul. 2, 2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm still looking but I have some calls out and a friend who kindly offered me a spare pasture w/ shed (would be perfect except for the location/distance)--nonetheless, it's a backup plan. Any other names/numbers are always appreciated. Horse of Del Val is always hit or miss. Sometimes they have a lot, other times its mostly full board.