PDA

View Full Version : need help quick! FB Enigma Mono

someday
Jun. 30, 2012, 08:30 PM
What type of horse do they fit?

experiences?

tia! might have an opportunity to pick one up tomorrow, but need to hear experiences please

Tuckertoo
Jun. 30, 2012, 10:05 PM
Well, I just have the regular saddle with two flaps, not the monoflap, but it fits my TB well. He's medium wide, doesn't have super shark-fin withers, but he certainly isn't mutton withered. He's fairly slab-sided, but has a sizable shoulder. He's more chunky than your typical TB. Not fat or overweight, he's just bigger boned and isn't super lean.

Here's a pic of him from a few years ago, but the general shape of the topline is still pretty much the same.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4918056915&l=ef3e63d8f4

I know you didn't specifically ask, but as for the rider, I am between 5'8" and 5'9", with long legs. I sat in so many saddles before finally finding this one, and I felt behind the motion in most of them. While this saddle doesn't look like it has really long or forward flaps, it fits me well and puts me in a place where I feel more secure that I have in any other saddle in a long time (I hit a growth spurt and for the longest time had terrible trouble staying with my horse, even over small jumps). I'm a fan. It's a nice saddle, but ultimately, as you know, it has to work for both you and the horse :yes:

someday
Jun. 30, 2012, 10:27 PM
Tuckertoo,

Thanks so much for the info and the pic is very helpful (he's so cute:D)

I've been on the saddle search for too long now and have trialed several saddles and even bought and returned one after realizing I just could not ride in it. I have a chance to get a really good deal on the FB, but no returns will be accepted. However, for the price, I could turn around and sell it without much loss, if any. I just don't want to make a stupid decision based on my desperation:sadsmile:

Tuckertoo
Jun. 30, 2012, 10:56 PM
No problem! :)

I hope it works out for you and you can be DONE with the dreaded saddle search! Believe me, I was right there where you are, so I understand the desperation. Hopefully it ends with this one.:yes: