PDA

View Full Version : NEH added to the Cedar Ridge Farm lineup!

Aussie08
Jun. 30, 2012, 12:18 PM
The ONLY NEH offered in Area III this year, to the best of my knowledge.

For those of you, like me, that somehow missed it. Cedar Ridge Farm has added an NEH division on Sunday, August 26th.

http://cedar-ridge-farm.com/category/events/

You can find info on the USEA website, as well as entry forms. We asked Carolyn if she'd consider adding it to her schedule for this year, since she has split her competition days. She hosting the FEH on Saturday and the YEH/NEH on Sunday.

Cedar Ridge Farm in Georgia is a lovely facility and they do a wonderful job hosting their events. Please consider supporting them in any of the divisions on either or both days.

NEH is run differently by many organizers, some gear it towards horses/ponies new to Eventing or those young horses that are not really 'up' to the YEH standard, while other organizers also include those riders that are 'new' to our sport.

It includes an 'in hand' presentation as well an abbreviated Dressage test, that is not scored the same as a Dressage only or HT test, and the jumping is also abbreviated with a mix of stadium and cross country fences and falls into the BN height range.

Personally, what I love about it is all the education that both horse/pony and handler/rider gain. It's a lot of work for the judge as there are separate score sheets for each section and then an overall score sheet. There are always great comments from the judges. Another perk is the cost of entering, much less expensive from a regular HT or CT (generally).

And, it's lots of fun!

dbolte
Jul. 1, 2012, 10:59 AM
Awesome! I was so happy to see the USEA set up the NEH competitions, and it's even better that there will be one in Area III!

Aussie08
Jul. 10, 2012, 11:28 PM
I was glad to see the 'blurb' on the USEA website regarding Cedar Ridge Farm adding the NEH division. I'm told there may be additional info added in the next few days.

And the USEA is now going to work on having dedicated NEH entry forms. That will be so much better.

For those of you who have never been to one of Cedar Ridge Farm's event, you really should consider entering or at least come out and spectate! They do a great job of offering nice prizes and have a lovely facility. Last year they were still running as a one day and they had a lot of entries and they had some of their sponsors there as well. They were able to offer a cash purse for each division, isn't that a rarity?

Check out their website for a list of this years sponsors and for updates.

Hope to see a lot of you there. I'm bringing an FEH entry for Saturday and a NEH entry for Sunday.

Aussie08
Jul. 12, 2012, 11:19 PM
In case you missed the new thread regarding which entry form to use for NEH, I just received word from Leslie @ USEA that the new forms are posted on the YEH page on the right hand side.