PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Quarab made her debut today!

clbailey54
Jun. 29, 2012, 01:55 AM
I am proud to introduce Half Arabian/Half Paint KB Jull Fahim+// (KB Omega Fahim++++// & HC Wild Irish rose) who entered the prestigious world of Grand Prix today. Jull scored 59.36% and won Grand Prix which qualifies her for the Arabian & Half Arabian Sport Horse National Championship show in September. Her sire Omega and Jull won all four Open FEI classes at this show in 2010. Like father like daughter she is attempting the difficult Grand Prix level. I wonder if she is the only Quarab in history to reach Grand Prix? I am very proud to have a true "Sea Biscuit" in this discipline and really look forward to her bright future. Thanks to her breeder Elaine Kerrigan of Kerrigan Bloodstock and her talented rider/trainer Chelsey Sibley.

Update
Region 3 Championship results for KB Jull Fahim+// ending July 1and a small brag

Jull won both GP and I2 this weekend. Region 3 is one if not the most competitive regions in the U.S. for dressage. Jull has won EVERY championship test she has entered for the past 5 years. 2 3rd level classes, 2 4th level, 2 PSG, 2 I1, 2 I2 and now 1 GP. I am very proud of this fun and talented horse. Thanks For letting me brag a bit. It has been a long journey and I think she is worthy of some praise as well as her trainer/rider Chelsey Sibley. It was a great show with MANY wonderful and talented horses!!

alto
Jun. 29, 2012, 02:10 AM
Congratulations! :)

except I was really hoping for a video :cry: :winkgrin:

s65horsey
Jun. 29, 2012, 02:13 AM
Congratulations! :)

except I was really hoping for a video :cry: :winkgrin:
Me too. :(

Isabeau Z Solace
Jun. 29, 2012, 06:07 AM
Super Cool! In light of the recent conformation/suitability threads, this would be a really fun horse to see a conformation picture of.

Cold Spring Farm
Jun. 29, 2012, 06:25 AM
Congratulations! Awesome accomplishment!!

Having seen Jull and her sire in person a few years ago....I can say that she is a beautiful and very accomplished mare. It was very cool to see her and Omega do their victory gallop side. Y side. It WAS an out-and-out, full-on gallop around the coliseum....and then they both came right back and walked on a long rein. Both just looked like FUN to ride! And isn't THAT the bottom line for so many of us.....horses that are talented AND fun (and safe!)??

Looking forward to the video...such a a great start, and you know it's only going to get better!

ArabDiva
Jun. 29, 2012, 10:53 AM
very very cool. love to hear about arabs and arabx succeeding in dressage! I hope to be there one day! Just went to my first sport horse regionals last week and had a blast. Went top 5 in 3 dressage rides and 2 SHIH classes.

ManyDogs
Jun. 29, 2012, 10:59 AM
Congratulations! My first horse was a chestnut Arab-The Egyptian Prince x a domestic mare, so I'm always rooting for Arabs or Arabxs.

MysticOakRanch
Jun. 29, 2012, 11:40 AM
Congrats! Were they at Starr Vaughn (currently hosting Arab Regional Sport Horse show)?

Perfect Pony
Jun. 29, 2012, 11:45 AM
Very cool! Love half Arabs too, my first horse was one and she was brilliant.

clbailey54
Jun. 29, 2012, 12:25 PM
This pic is of Jull at Prix St Georges a few years ago. I am going to get more recent pics and videos in the next few months and will post them here. I am waiting for pics/videos at Nationals at the end of Sept.

Jull and trainer/rider Chelsey Sibley

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg628/clbailey/JullandChelseyextendedtrot.jpg

Sionna
Jun. 29, 2012, 02:07 PM
Springan Fefer was a Quarab and bronze medel winner at the 83 Pan Am in Grand Prix.

Very very very glad to see another Quarab at GP! That's awesome!!!!

Pocket Pony
Jun. 29, 2012, 02:16 PM
She looks lovely! I agree, I want to see a video!!

Congratulations! :yes::cool:

Blkarab
Jun. 29, 2012, 03:46 PM
Congratulations!!!! My gelding is a Quarab and it gives me hope that we will reach GP someday.

JLR1
Jun. 29, 2012, 09:37 PM
Congratulations! A big fan of Arabs and crosses and love to hear success stories!

wcporter
Jun. 29, 2012, 09:40 PM
What a hottie ;)

Congrats!

IdahoRider
Jun. 29, 2012, 10:27 PM
Oh, wow! I remember seeing both Omega Fahim and Jull Fahim last time SHN were in Idaho.

I hope I get to see Jull in September!
Sheilah

Perfect Pony
Jun. 29, 2012, 10:40 PM
Not too hard to find video of such an accomplished horse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwew8kcJZ3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs9n4WlxuTg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItCxynLkOkg

clbailey54
Jun. 30, 2012, 12:59 AM
Thanks for all your wonderful responses. The videos above are from 2010 or so but so much improvement has taken place since then that I hope to make a new one after Sept. If you are at the Arabian Sport Horse Nationals please come and cheer us on. I love the company! I hope Jull is an inspiration to follow your dreams with your special horse partner no matter the breed.
I am at Starr Vaughn currently and will show Jull Grand Prix tomorrow at the Region 3 Championships and then Intermediate 2 on Sunday. I also have another KB Omega Fahim+++/ offspring Kali who will show 2nd and 3rd level. I am just glad to be a part of such a wonderful event.

Here is KB Omega Fahim++++// (sire) in his Grand Prix Freestyle exhibition at this championship show last year. (His 2nd yr at GP). Unfortunately, he had a sesimoid injury last Oct.that has left him out of the circuit this year. Arabians can rock too!!

http://youtu.be/AfnH8diCXuw

PS
Thanks for letting me know there was another prior GP Quarab. I was wondering if another had proceeded us in this journey.

Perfect Pony
Jun. 30, 2012, 10:00 AM
I hope Jull is an inspiration to follow your dreams with your special horse partner no matter the breed.

Arabians can rock too!!

You certainly are an inspiration with your lovely horse. I am actually considering a half-arab, and my first mare was a half-arab (I rode with Nicki McGinnis back in the 1980s!). I have always had a big soft-spot for Arabians.

horsefaerie
Jun. 30, 2012, 11:18 AM
Congrats! I don't think GP feels any better than on the back of an arab!

I have a half-arab at my farm right now that has it in him and is super calm away which is a plus. His owners daughter lost interest so someone will get a nice horse!

Keep us posted about your quarab!

MysticOakRanch
Jun. 30, 2012, 11:28 AM
We'll be there tonight - my stallion (LSH Cadence In Color) is doing an FEI musical demonstration as part of the Saturday Night entertainment.

clbailey54
Jun. 30, 2012, 11:35 AM
I really hope folks consider Arabians or Half Arabians. They are very smart and there are lots of friendly ones especially in the Sport Horse arena. Perfect Pony, kuddos to your work in the past with one!
I have noticed that Kerrigan Bloodstock has branched to half Shagya Arabian and half PB. I think this will be my next sport horse prospect. Bigger, better bone, and wonderful dispositions on this mix. I hope to buy a foal from her next year. Very interesting and impressive mix!

clbailey54
Jun. 30, 2012, 11:38 AM
We'll be there tonight - my stallion (LSH Cadence In Color) is doing an FEI musical demonstration as part of the Saturday Night entertainment.

So neat Mystic Ranch! I will be looking for your performance. Jull shows GP today at 3:45 so if you have a chance come and watch. Since this is only her second time, I will be the one in prayer, sweat and excitement. Come say hi!
Chris

MysticOakRanch
Jun. 30, 2012, 01:53 PM
So neat Mystic Ranch! I will be looking for your performance. Jull shows GP today at 3:45 so if you have a chance come and watch. Since this is only her second time, I will be the one in prayer, sweat and excitement. Come say hi!
Chris

Oh, I wish I could come see her go - I'll be bathing and prepping then - we are just hauling in for the demo - I would have come earlier, but there aren't any stalls (and we aren't showing, Cadence isn't an Arabian). Sounds like there was a huge turnout for the show!

clbailey54
Jul. 1, 2012, 12:02 AM
MysticOak,
What a beautiful and fabulous stallion. What a hunk!! I so enjoyed the freestyle exhibition. He took my breath away!!! Thanks for coming and sharing him!
PS
We did manage to win the GP Championship today and my other horse KB Kalila Fahim+++/ won 2nd level. A great day!!!

MysticOakRanch
Jul. 1, 2012, 11:54 AM
MysticOak,
What a beautiful and fabulous stallion. What a hunk!! I so enjoyed the freestyle exhibition. He took my breath away!!! Thanks for coming and sharing him!
PS
We did manage to win the GP Championship today and my other horse KB Kalila Fahim+++/ won 2nd level. A great day!!!

Congratulations on your Championship wins! And thank you - it was fun. We literally had a week to put that whole routine together, so it was a little unpolished - I quickly learned how to use music editing software:lol: And there are CDs all over the house with various versions, more trot, less trot, more P&P, less. Rachel was a great sport about it - she hadn't even heard the version we used last night - we discussed one more edit, I did it, and delivered it to the show grounds:lol:

BaroquePony
Jul. 1, 2012, 12:12 PM
Very cute pair on some of the videos posted.

Nice crossbreed. Moves very well.

Congratulations!!

immigene
Jul. 1, 2012, 09:40 PM
Congrats on all you've accomplished!

I'm inspired to see half arabs in the upper levels of dressage! My gelding is by a Bey Shah arab/out of an appendix quarter horse mare..not sure if he qualifies as Quarab :)

We just started showing him at training level at USDF/USEF region 6. Doing really well with scores from 61-68% Won't make it to regionals, but he can compete with the warmbloods, and judges have really nice things to say about him! Hoping to get to at least second level with him, but you never know!

Its interesting that he matured really late...grew till he was 6-7 (16.1) and really wasnt ready for hard work until then..anyone else notice this about the half arab crosses?

Good Luck
We'll be rooting for you!

clbailey54
Jul. 1, 2012, 10:12 PM
I hope you keep going. You never know how far you and he can go with any horse! I am cheering for you!
PS
I suspect your horse may have matured late because of the appendix quarter horse but I do not know and have not noticed this to be a general rule with these mixtures.

4wdNstraight
Jul. 4, 2012, 09:13 AM
My trainer just rode a Quarab at GP a few weeks ago too! I am happy for you both and it shows that good training and a good temperament can truly go far! I think that she is also planning on Sport Horse Nationals, so look him up.

clbailey54
Jul. 9, 2012, 03:31 PM
wonderful. What is your trainer's horses name? I would love to see another Quarab at GP. Very excited for her too!

Shagyas Rock
Jul. 9, 2012, 04:01 PM
Congratulations CLBaily 54, on your lovely mare's accomplishments. She is a wonderful ambassador for anyone riding dressage on non-warmbloods.

KB Omega Fahim is a gorgeous, exceptional Arabian stallion. He has lovely sport horse conformation. Anyone can see him on Elaine's website: www.kerriganbloodstock.com and there are videos there as well.

I am always ready to toot the horn for the Shagya - an amazingly talented, incredible sporthorse that has lived too long in obscurity. They deserve to be discovered. These horses are incredible - they combine the best traits of Arabians and warmbloods. There are very talented WB/Arab crosses out there - but in actuality, the Hungarians achieved perfection in that blend 200 years ago when they created the Shagya.

Hungarian warmbloods are also fantastic. Visit www.shagya.net for more information.
The great thing about Shagyas is that they come in just about every size. They range in height from 15 hands to 16.1 or so, and are deep bodied, so fill out the leg very well.
My Shagya gelding, Shagya Emir AF (aka Kairos or Kai for short) and I are schooling First Level now and my coach has said she has no doubt he'll get to grand prix someday.

clbailey54
Jul. 9, 2012, 07:54 PM
Congrats. I hope to attain a PB Shagya foal next year out of *Thassia who is a Shagya mare imported from Germany and KB Omega Fahim++++// who is a Shagya approved stallion. I love the Shagya's that Elaine has and I think they will work well in dressage. Great dispositions, good substance and well suited for sport horse disciplines. Best wishes in your pursuit. It is nice to hear you have a Shagya and I to wish others knew more about this wonderful breed!