PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the Wunderponee

Heliodoro
Jun. 28, 2012, 09:19 AM
I present to you, Anderson (aka Wunderponee, Pony Boy)!

http://alphaandomega.exposuremanager.com/p/12gvrdcht1_huyck1/12f1_1865_7_3_59

At our first event together, GVRDC on June 10, rocking the BN division to 2nd place. He's so stinking adorable at times, except when he's decided to be herd bound before dressage or when you wear a paper pinney (you end up bolting around the jump field)... I've also declared that he is the "Buick of Horses," maybe not the fanciest, but reallly comfy and wide. We moved up to Novice last weekend at Great Vista and are now looking forward to ON at Stuarts in 2 weeks.

(I really have no idea how I got placed in Open, when I've done 2 N HTs ever and he had yet to complete 1 when we entered... here's to riding against the Pros!)

In other news, remember the cute OTTB mare I posted about in May? We've managed to convert another Hunter rider into an eventer and her owner is making her debut with Tilly at GVH!

Ace
Jun. 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
He's adorable! I love how tidy he is with his knees. How tall is he? Actually pony-sized?

Heliodoro
Jun. 28, 2012, 10:38 AM
He's actually 15.3, but pretty much a pony in attitude and antics. He's our resident Thelwell at the barn...

witherbee
Jun. 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
You guys are a well matched pair! Photo 8 is a hoot - he sure looks strong there!

FatCatFarm
Jun. 28, 2012, 11:00 AM
Very nice! Looks like alot of fun.

Ace
Jun. 28, 2012, 11:09 AM
I think 15.3 is a great height (for me, at least)! He's really cute, and you look well-matched!

FatCatFarm
Jun. 28, 2012, 11:12 AM
What's his breeding?

Heliodoro
Jun. 28, 2012, 11:38 AM
What's his breeding?

1/4 Perch X ~3/4TB. His dam was one of my trainer's event horses, she's 1/2 perch x 1/2 Anglo Arab (don't remember how much Arab is in there...). His 1/2 brother out of the same dam is 17.1ish and lankier, went Prelim. His 1/2 sister (full tb) is much more refined and stands 16.1. My trainer still has his dam, she looks like a mini Percheron, but went up to Prelim. He got his tight little knees from her as well as her spunk (at 28 and arthritic, she's still boss mare in the field!).

FatCatFarm
Jun. 28, 2012, 11:56 AM
I like the Perch crosses. I bet he has a wonderful canter.