PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Ian Miller to carry Canadian Flag!

Trak_Eventer
Jun. 27, 2012, 12:07 PM
Vote here for Ian Miller to carry the Canadian flag in London! Always cool for an equestrian to do this!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/interactive/olympics/

Alice
Jun. 27, 2012, 12:33 PM
Done!

Thanks for the heads up.

Mtn trails
Jun. 27, 2012, 04:24 PM
Done. Can we only vote once?

Fred
Jun. 27, 2012, 08:19 PM
done!
please vote for him, he is behind.
I think this will be his tenth! Olympics!!

Cruiser12
Jun. 27, 2012, 10:22 PM
voted and posted link on my FB page! Even my American friends voted for him!

FalseImpression
Jun. 27, 2012, 10:25 PM
But CBC does not choose the flagbearer unfortunately! And if the previous CBC poll (athlete of the year) is any indication... Remember Eric Lamaze and Hickstead were overwhelmingly chosen as Athlete of the Year... nope, they did not get chosen when it was time.
I voted, but I am not holding my breath!!

gottagrey
Jun. 27, 2012, 11:53 PM
Amazing that one would even need to vote for Captain Canada! it should be so obvious to them...anyway count on my vote!

gottagrey
Jun. 27, 2012, 11:57 PM
Done. Can we only vote once?

I think you can vote multiple times... let's just say it was 50+ percent the other guy and 49+% Ian Millar when I voted, and now it's 50%.. 50%

leheath
Jun. 28, 2012, 12:16 AM
I voted and posted it on my FB page also. I hope he is chosen! :)

Foxtrot's
Jun. 28, 2012, 01:56 AM
I'd vote for Clara Hughes as Canada's most decorated athlete in both winter and summer Olympics. Somehow, the horse does most of the work, not the pilot.
(Darn - just Googled her - she was flag bearer at the winter Olympics two yers ago, should have remembered.) Have to think some more...

stupidppl
Jun. 28, 2012, 09:16 AM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! cleary you have NO idea what you are talking about to even think about saying the horse does all the work try something first before you bash something Ian Miller is Captain Canada and deserves 100 percent to carry the flag saying the horse does all the work is like saying the water in the pools for swimmers does all the work ...some people

Mtn trails
Jun. 28, 2012, 12:26 PM
The voting for the men is over and Whitfield won :( Now it's the women's turn and Clara Hughes is one of the candidates to carry the flag. However, that remark about the horse doing most of the work was pretty :lol:.

Foxtrot's
Jun. 28, 2012, 12:41 PM
Gee! Stupidpeople, Greenie, post #1, how nice - welcome to COTH!

This bulletin board is an open discussion group where differences of opinion are aired, mostly politely. Ian would be a great ambassador, but so would others and horses do not rate so high on the general viewing public. (wish they did and we would have more coverage).

Foxtrot's
Jun. 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
Good for Simon - we know him!

charlo
Jun. 28, 2012, 12:46 PM
As much as I would of love to have Ian carry our flag, Simon is a wonderful choice.

Lynnwood
Jun. 29, 2012, 01:57 AM
He only lost by 11 votes that is a slim margin !