PDA

View Full Version : Cobblestone Farms - Dexter, MI

WTCGJH
Jun. 26, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hi,

Is there anyone who can give me some insight into barn life at Cobblestone Farms in Dexter, MI? This is where Cathy Henderson is the trainer. Specifically I'm wondering if she's the type of trainer who yells at her students or if Cobblestone is such a big barn that it's easy to get lost in the shuffle? It looks really nice so I'm also wondering if it's really expensive. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Snugglerug
Jun. 26, 2012, 10:07 PM
Cathy is definitely NOT someone who yells at her students. She's actually very fun to ride with and very encouraging, and she has a great eye.
I don't feel lost in the shuffle at Cobblestone. On the contrary, I've only been there a few months and I feel very welcome and included. Of course, every place is what you make it. If you want to be involved, get involved!
It is one of the priciest barns in the area, but you get great care, a large indoor, 2 outdoors, and a full on xc course, plus lots of clinics and shows right on site. It's worth the price.

WTCGJH
Jun. 26, 2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me how much they charge for a one hour group lesson?

Twisted River
Jun. 26, 2012, 10:49 PM
Cathy is the type of instructor that yells when it's truly for your own good. Like your coming to a fence that you had better kick hard, and do it now, or you're gonna get such an ugly jump that you'll probably fall off. She'll yell then! :yes: I find her to be a wonderful, trustworthy, confidence building instructor (that often has a waiting list).

I don't know what she's charging now, it's been quite a few years since I was in Michigan.

scubed
Jun. 27, 2012, 05:04 PM
I rode with Cathy for years when I lived in Michigan and still consider the Cobblestone gang my second family. We still get together at Rolex and I come out for the event every year. Don't know about prices as I haven't been there in a while, but can't say enough about Cathy and the barn folk there.