PDA

View Full Version : The Road to Burghley!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jun. 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
Just wanted to let folks know of some great events coming up in the Unionville PA area (and online). We are starting fundraising efforts to help get Kate Hicks/Belmont and Erin Sylvester/No Boundaries to Burghley CCI4* this year!

Both had great results at Rolex this year, are training hard and are ready to go...so a bunch of us in both barns are kicking off a fundraising effort The Road to Burghley!!!.

There will be a Fundraising Dinner on July 18th at Northbrook Orchard.... with a silent auction and guest speaker Jimmy Wofford!!!!:D:D:D

Dinner, drinks and a great speaker should make for a fun night.

Select silent auction items will also be available on line (I believe next week). I will post details here...there are some really great items.....including a dinner with Boyd Martin:cool:

Details on activities will be available on Erin's and Kate's web sites or you can send me a PM and I will send you more information.

We also have other exciting events planned for this summer including:

July 17 Jump Derby at Plantation Fields. Levels Elementary--Prelim.

July 25 Jumper show at Farideh Farm.

Any questions--PM me. We are wrapping both boys in bubble wrap and hoping for a great experience for both Kate and Erin.

Kate's web site: http://katehickseventing.com/cms/

Erin's web site:
http://www.lilybridgeeventing.com/index.htm

Any other good fundraising ideas are greatly appreciated---and positive thoughts and cheers always welcomed! These are two really great eventers that I'm happy to support! GO BELMONT AND BUCKY!!!

Maude
Jun. 26, 2012, 06:23 PM
Great post Melissa!

I don't know Erin, but I sure know Kate. If anyone deserves to go to Burghley, she and Belmont do. I'll be at the fundraiser in July. Maybe I'll even go for that "date" with Boyd. ;)

Denise

LAZ
Jun. 26, 2012, 08:52 PM
I have some great pictures of Kate & Belmont from Rolex, I'm happy to share them--they really caught my eye.

I'll have to look & see if I have any of Erin & her horse--I didn't get a lot on XC.

retreadeventer
Jun. 26, 2012, 10:00 PM
Just wanted to let folks know of some great events coming up in the Unionville PA area (and online). We are starting fundraising efforts to help get Kate Hicks/Belmont and Erin Sylvester/No Boundaries to Burghley CCI4* this year!

Both had great results at Rolex this year, are training hard and are ready to go...so a bunch of us in both barns are kicking off a fundraising effort The Road to Burghley!!!.

There will be a Fundraising Dinner on July 18th at Northbrook Orchard.... with a silent auction and guest speaker Jimmy Wofford!!!!:D:D:D

Dinner, drinks and a great speaker should make for a fun night.

Select silent auction items will also be available on line (I believe next week). I will post details here...there are some really great items.....including a dinner with Boyd Martin:cool:

Details on activities will be available on Erin's and Kate's web sites or you can send me a PM and I will send you more information.

We also have other exciting events planned for this summer including:

July 17 Jump Derby at Plantation Fields. Levels Elementary--Prelim.

July 25 Jumper show at Farideh Farm.

Any questions--PM me. We are wrapping both boys in bubble wrap and hoping for a great experience for both Kate and Erin.

Kate's web site: http://katehickseventing.com/cms/

Erin's web site:
http://www.lilybridgeeventing.com/index.htm

Any other good fundraising ideas are greatly appreciated---and positive thoughts and cheers always welcomed! These are two really great eventers that I'm happy to support! GO BELMONT AND BUCKY!!!

OMG!!! I am so there! cool! That event just fits in the schedule!

VicariousRider
Jun. 26, 2012, 10:23 PM
So glad you posted this, Melissa! I'll be there! Bar studying can wait... they are both GREAT and would be excellent eventing representatives in England!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jun. 27, 2012, 07:27 AM
I have some great pictures of Kate & Belmont from Rolex, I'm happy to share them--they really caught my eye.

I'll have to look & see if I have any of Erin & her horse--I didn't get a lot on XC.

Very cool LAZ! I'm sure Kate would love any pictures (and Erin too). You could send them directly to Kate--her email is on her web site but it is

Kate@katehickseventing.com

She is a really effective and yet pretty rider--and can teach too (actually--I can say that about Erin too!) :)

wizetta
Jun. 27, 2012, 07:28 AM
Go Kate and Erin! I'll be there!

kcmel
Jun. 27, 2012, 07:56 AM
Awesome! I will keep looking for updates and will try to make the dinner (it's about a mile from my house so I have no excuses not to go!)

kcmel
Jun. 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
BFNE, you should post the schooling show on the HJ forum. There was a thread a few weeks ago looking for schooling jumper shows in Chester County (and there weren't many coming up).

LAZ
Jun. 27, 2012, 10:50 PM
Here's one of Kate

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150779639967648&set=a.10150779635522648.407006.641567647&type=3&permPage=1

gorebels91
Jun. 28, 2012, 01:40 PM
Sad I can't make it. Both of these girls have worked SO hard, and had commendable showings at Kentucky. Go girls, kick ass abroad!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 3, 2012, 06:48 PM
Online auction is up!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/road-to-burghley/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Additional items will be added over the next few days. We also will have some different items available for the silent auction at the benefit dinner. I will try and list some here and willing to be a proxy for people who can't be there:D

Highflyer
Jul. 3, 2012, 07:51 PM
Gosh, no one has bid on anything? I'll get things started. :)

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 3, 2012, 10:38 PM
Gosh, no one has bid on anything? I'll get things started. :)

Thanks! There are some great items and more added each day. We did save a few of the really good ones for the benefit dinner too :)

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 5, 2012, 09:24 AM
We are having some issues with the ebay auction. Some of the items, like the lessons, ebay is not letting us post so they will go to the silent auction at the benefit. We will find an alternative way for people who want to bid but can't attend the dinner.

VicariousRider
Jul. 5, 2012, 09:51 AM
We are having some issues with the ebay auction. Some of the items, like the lessons, ebay is not letting us post so they will go to the silent auction at the benefit. We will find an alternative way for people who want to bid but can't attend the dinner.

I heard about that... what a bummer!!

I wonder if there is another site that can be used.... I think it's generally impermissible because it's so much harder to enforce (specific performance and all that...).

Should be a great event!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 5, 2012, 09:59 AM
I heard about that... what a bummer!!

I wonder if there is another site that can be used.... I think it's generally impermissible because it's so much harder to enforce (specific performance and all that...).

Should be a great event!

We looked...no luck (unless you are a 501(c)(3)). Most were very expensive.

VicariousRider
Jul. 5, 2012, 01:15 PM
We looked...no luck (unless you are a 501(c)(3)). Most were very expensive.

Darn... Hopefully the attendees will be ready to bid!! :D

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 7, 2012, 06:58 PM
ok...we fixed some of the ebay items so they are back on line

Search seller "road-to-burghley"

http://www.ebay.com/sch/road-to-burghley/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

gorebels91
Jul. 7, 2012, 11:11 PM
Who else is planning on running Burghley in addition to Kate, and Erin? I know Sharon White is entered as well!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 9, 2012, 03:01 PM
Who else is planning on running Burghley in addition to Kate, and Erin? I know Sharon White is entered as well!

My understanding is there should be several this year. Sharon, Kate, Erin, Phillip, Boyd (with maybe two)....I know all intending to compete. I think I read Nina was considering it too. I would also think that perhaps some of the alternates for the Olympics may if they are not called upon.

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 17, 2012, 10:08 PM
Great turn out to the Jump Derby today!

It was a bit on the hot side...but it is July. Thanks to all those that came as well as the volunteers and staff at Plantation!

I had a blast on my green bean and hopefully others did as well!

On to the benefit dinner tomorrow night! Hoping for a great turnout!