PDA

View Full Version : Great lesson today!!!

Mukluk
Jun. 25, 2012, 10:59 PM
We worked on Beginner Novice test A for dressage. Getting better. Angel is good about stretching her neck down in the free walk. First time schooling xc! Did beginner novice fences my girl pricked up her ears and was "yeah momma this is FUN!" She LOVES to jump. I had a blast. Trainer thinks the girl has lots of scope and potential. I am so excited. First "event" this Sunday. We are just doing intro but I am still super excited!!!

sunnycher
Jun. 26, 2012, 12:47 AM
That is so fun, good luck and remember to have a BLAST, there will never be another first time...

superD
Jun. 26, 2012, 10:47 PM
Congrats!! I am moving my boys to an event barn next week!! I have always wanted to try it so since I am at a loss right now as to what I want to do why not????? I know I am real tired of hunters and love hacking out.

Sounds like you are having a blast! Good luck at your first event!!!!

bizbachfan
Jun. 26, 2012, 11:25 PM
so excited for you!!! just breathe as many told me and don't get too nervous as I did, remember it is for FUN

Mukluk
Jun. 26, 2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks everyone. I am very excited. This is just a one day fairly casual show. The trainer thinks I could do beginner novice but I choose to start out a little easier. We are going to do intro which will have jumps that are 2'3 for stadium. I know that's tiny but we don't normally jump higher than that so I think that would be smarter. We are hoping to do a real three day event in September and plan to do beginner novice for that one. I'm just so excited that after owning this horse for 4 years and just not getting to do eventing due to lack of money and/or soundness issues. I finally have the money (barely) and a sound horse. So excited and very curious to see how we do in dressage. No matter what we are going to have FUN!!!