PDA

View Full Version : Eventing barns near Hattiesburg, MS

lalocke
Jun. 25, 2012, 01:30 PM
I am moving to Hattiesburg, MS in August. Anyone know of some good places to board around Hattiesburg? Dressage instructors? Jumping instructors?

Thanks!

faybe
Jun. 25, 2012, 03:09 PM
Oh gosh, this won't be helpful but growing up in south LA we used to go up there to show at Happy Valley all the time when I was a kid. I don't think Happy Valley has even run in 10 or 15 years, but gosh it was a fun event!

I don't know of anything in Hattiesburg itself (which doesn't mean much, since I've not lived down that way for many years) but know there are event and dressage trainers within hauling distance in Louisiana that you might connect with. And Debi Crowley is in Alabama, although a bit too far for regular training most likely. You might contact Rick Dunkerton (of EventEntries) as they are based down that way.

rthonor
Jun. 25, 2012, 06:04 PM
I live in Louisiana and used to ride at Happy Valley...fun times;)

Anyway, I would contact Lyn Quast- www.sedariders.com

and see if she knows of anyone in that area.

faybe
Jun. 25, 2012, 07:12 PM
Rthonor, I grew up riding with Lynn and Greta when they were on the south shore! Seems like they both have good setups now post-K.

rthonor
Jun. 26, 2012, 07:18 AM
Yes, they both have their own setups now. I took a long break from eventing......I used to ride with Michelle Trufant when she lived in Louisiana. This was in the 90s. Now I am getting back in, and see Lynn and Greta all the time:) Great people! Lynn is the president of SEDA.

lalocke
Jun. 26, 2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the help! I will look up these folks!

vineyridge
Jun. 27, 2012, 01:11 PM
Unless it's died recently, there is a Hattiesburg Pony Club. they might be a good source for information.

There is one for that area. It's called Southern Breeze Pony Club. They don't have a website, but contact information for them can be found on the US Pony Club website here:
http://www.ponyclub.org/?page=FindPC

lalocke
Jun. 28, 2012, 07:02 PM
Great info!! Thanks!