PDA

View Full Version : Deleted an important bookmark! ARGH! Farm links free-for-all!

TheJenners
Jun. 20, 2012, 04:17 AM
I can't believe I did that! I had a bookmark with links gleaned from here on cool, interesting, helpful links and pictures from other COTHers' farms...and I must have deleted it. It's certainly not there now. <headdesk>

So here is what I remembered having:

- A link showing a picture of a COTHer's fenceline, it was no-climb with a rail of vinyl on the top (and maybe some hot?), and she gave instructions on how they did the corners even. The picture was of a corner, and maybe some horses? and the fence was tall.

- A couple different round bale type feeders, one that had maybe heavy wire cage material that smooshed down on the hay?

- Stall with corner diagonal hay feeder, on the ground

- Some sort of...geotextile? or something, for lining paddocks and/or arenas?

And many more than I can't remember, because hey, I saved them in bookmarks! <headdesk>

TheJenners
Jun. 20, 2012, 02:21 PM
So I posted this in the middle of the night (when I went looking for something, obviously). Bumping for the daytime folks who are NOT cursed with the vampire shift...

Simkie
Jun. 20, 2012, 02:32 PM
Well, the geotextile would be cow carpet, or another heavy duty geotextile fabric. http://www.usfabricsinc.com/products/cowcarpet

I'm afraid I can't help with the rest. :(

TheJenners
Jun. 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
Grrr. I am such a dunce. Thanks Simkie. If anyone has ANY farm links they like, feel free to post.

bdj
Jun. 21, 2012, 09:57 AM
- A link showing a picture of a COTHer's fenceline, it was no-climb with a rail of vinyl on the top (and maybe some hot?), and she gave instructions on how they did the corners even. The picture was of a corner, and maybe some horses? and the fence was tall.

Can't help much with the others, but I have two memories of photos of someone's no-climb fence with vinyl top rails... I'm pretty certain one was from jleegriffith's place - because she had it installed prior to our big snowstorm a couple of years ago and she's sort of local to me (Delmarva peninsula). Her fence was installed by the Amish and has a white top rail, I think.

Second one, I can't remember who posted - just remember that the top rail was black vinyl and the scenery in the background was pretty and mountainous... I'd check back through the threads on no-climb fencing here in Around the Farm - because I'm sure that's where I saw it (I was in the pre-planning stages of my own fence project then...)

bdj
Jun. 21, 2012, 10:00 AM
- A couple different round bale type feeders, one that had maybe heavy wire cage material that smooshed down on the hay?

Had a flash memory as far as the slow feeder stuff - not sure this is the link you were looking for, but they have a bunch of different styles under various pages here:
http://paddockparadise.wetpaint.com/page/Slow+Feeders

Hope that helps!

TheJenners
Jun. 21, 2012, 06:17 PM
I remember the mountain/high desert looking background for the fence I remember as well. And bdj, thanks! I've never seen this site and it has tons of ideas :yes:.

SCM1959
Jun. 21, 2012, 07:51 PM
Here is the link to the fencing. I kept this, too ... love how it looks!

SCM1959

http://www.ponydom.com/farm/farm8.html

TheJenners
Jun. 21, 2012, 07:59 PM
Oh that's TOTALLY it. Just showed DH.