PDA

View Full Version : More from the archives!

lauriep
Jun. 17, 2002, 07:53 PM
Well, I went through some old boxes of memorabilia (and much junk) and pulled out some more items of my vintage (late '70s-early '80s). Over the next few nights, I will post some gems for your entertainment. Some I will post as "Guess Who?" and some I'll tell you about. I hope you enjoy them!

Guess who this young man (with me and my first Dal, Tweed)is, circa 1976 at C.W. Post. Went on to a VERY successful pro career!

Bonus points if you know what the "EF" on the curtains stands for!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 17, 2002, 07:53 PM
Well, I went through some old boxes of memorabilia (and much junk) and pulled out some more items of my vintage (late '70s-early '80s). Over the next few nights, I will post some gems for your entertainment. Some I will post as "Guess Who?" and some I'll tell you about. I hope you enjoy them!

Guess who this young man (with me and my first Dal, Tweed)is, circa 1976 at C.W. Post. Went on to a VERY successful pro career!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 17, 2002, 07:55 PM
Famous jumper owners, pictured at the Hampton Classic, 1980, with none other than Dick Cavett!

Guess who?

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 17, 2002, 07:57 PM
Famuos A/O jumper with her first foal, named Spike.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 17, 2002, 07:59 PM
Name the horse and rider.

Hint: they would have been the 1976 winners!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:03 PM
in the same program.

HInt: the ad was for the USET and featured competitors from '76 Olympics.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:05 PM
These were the Currey kids and their ponies as I had them when I worked there. How time flies!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:06 PM
and one of his lesser known jumpers, Icey Paws. He was in the barn when I worked for Rodney, winter '78.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:09 PM
in 1976, Buccy was the Grand Prix Horse of the Year. Here are the final standings. Note the money amounts! And the second place horse, Radnor II, actually had more money, but Buccy had more points.

The names of these old horses should bring back some memories!

Laurie

Anne
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:22 PM
Is the EF for Erdenheim Farm?

lauriep
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:24 PM
Their colors were blue and yellow, and I didn't know of them at this point.

I worked for this "EF."

Laurie

SBT
Jun. 17, 2002, 09:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lauriep:

HInt: the ad was for the USET and featured competitors from '76 Olympics.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's gotta be Frank Chapot! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Don't know the horse, though...

~Sara /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

~"Shut up, brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip."~

lauriep
Jun. 18, 2002, 03:40 AM
on Frank. Anyone know the horse? Not one that first comes to mind when thinking of horses Frank rode, but a famous one with a couple of other riders.

Laurie

Tobi
Jun. 18, 2002, 06:05 AM
i wish i had some idea who these people and horses are!!! the only one i got was Frank's picture...

thank you SO much for posting these pics, they are alot of fun.

btw, i saw your reference last night in Karen G's article in PH. after all of your posts, i feel like i know everyone!!

MBS
Jun. 18, 2002, 06:19 AM
The young man looks like Greg Best.

lauriep
Jun. 18, 2002, 06:25 AM
MB, that is indeed correct. GB at the ripe old age of 12, I think!

I want to leave the guessing open a little longer, and then I'll post the answers for those "youngsters" who want to know.

Tobi, what article in PH?

Laurie

Alex Trebek
Jun. 18, 2002, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lauriep:
Famous jumper owners, pictured at the Hampton Classic, 1980, with none other than Dick Cavett!

Guess who?

Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eugene Dixon?

Alex Trebek
Jun. 18, 2002, 06:30 AM

Hint: they would have been the 1976 winners!

Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve Stephens/ Impala?

Alex Trebek
Jun. 18, 2002, 06:31 AM

Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Equinox Farm?

Flashy Gray
Jun. 18, 2002, 06:46 AM
But it's Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Butler, who owned Balbuco and countless others - too many to name.

Love love love the Dalmation photo. Sigh, that's what life is all about on some days /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NinaL aka Chrissy
Jun. 18, 2002, 07:16 AM
Famuos A/O jumper with her first foal, named Spike.

Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair Warning?

Nina (guessing but remembering Fair)

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Irving Townsend.

NinaL aka Chrissy
Jun. 18, 2002, 07:17 AM
on Frank. Anyone know the horse? Not one that first comes to mind when thinking of horses Frank rode, but a famous one with a couple of other riders.

Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mainspring?

Nina (dredging names up and guessing again)

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Irving Townsend.

wtywmn4
Jun. 18, 2002, 07:23 AM
Oh thank you lauriep!!! We need these, refreshing and wonderful to look at..With all the controversary (sorry bout the spelling), 180 days and counting, ugh, this is the BEST.

Tobi
Jun. 18, 2002, 07:45 AM
At the end of the latest issue of PH there is a commentary or an 'in the life' column of Michael Matz's longtime grooom. I believe her name is Karen G.

she talks about her career, recent changes due to MM getting into racing, becoming a steward, and her ankle injury. she also talked about seeing longtime friends this past year at WEF. and although your name was spelled Lori, i assumed she was referring to you as the groom of Balbucco (again, sorry about the spelling!!).

AM
Jun. 18, 2002, 08:16 AM
I, too, received my PH yesterday and reading the My Turn column by Karen Golding. When she talked about a gathering in Florida of former grooms and friends, I thought of you and remembered your postings about the Grooms Reunions.

Karen also had another short article on 10 tips for traveling, I think. I just did a quick look through and haven't gotten that far in my real reading.

lauriep
Jun. 18, 2002, 08:23 AM
The Butlers is correct. They sent that picture to me with a Christmas card in 1980.

Fair Warning is also correct, also came with a Christmas card that featured Brumath on the cover.

EF is indeed, Equinox Farm, my first job in the east. Owned by Francesco Galesi (father of Adriana and Christina, for those that remember them). Trainer was Rick Eckhardt, the Curreys boarded their ponies there.

The horse Frank is riding is Viscount.

The horse/rider on the cover of the Invitational program is '76 winners, Robert Ridland and Southside. Robert and "Soo-Soo" went on to do well in the Montreal Olympics.

More tonight, glad you enjoy these "blasts from the past."

Tobi, if it is possible for you to copy that article and fax it or email it to me, or even snail mail, please email me at the address in my profile. Thanks!

Laurie

PS - let me know if you want me to continue to with the "Guess Who?" or if you want me to just identify the pictures right away.

[This message was edited by lauriep on Jun. 18, 2002 at 11:49 AM.]

Tobi
Jun. 18, 2002, 09:23 AM
Laurie, I will definitely copy and fax the article to you tomorrow (it is at home...).

wtywmn4
Jun. 18, 2002, 04:02 PM
Guess who, pleeeeease? Love it!

rockstarr
Jun. 18, 2002, 05:44 PM
Laurie, I just want you to know how excited I get when I see one of these threads. Some I know, some I don't, but I love, love, love these photos and memories that you share. Thanks so much! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fiction
Jun. 18, 2002, 05:50 PM
LaurieP- where did you grow up or goto school?

-----
This is not a true story
-----

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 03:21 AM
I grew up, went to school and started my horse career in Minnesota. Moved east in '76 and have been here ever since!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 03:53 AM
We'll start with an easy one.

IN fact so easy, no clues!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 03:56 AM
these are all from around 1976-1978.

Well known hunter (and sometimes jumper) rider who is still showing.

Horse is by a WELL known sire of the time, and this team did some nice winning.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 03:58 AM
Rider is a "Hollywood type" who rode a lot.

HOrse is extremely well known A/O hunter.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 04:01 AM
Name the horses and riders in these four photos.

A couple easy, one VERY hard...

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 04:03 AM
Name the four riders AND the American coach of this Nations Cup team from Toronto in '78.

Hint: if you followed my World Championships thread, you should have no problem; same team as at the WC.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 04:04 AM
for our final "Guess Who?"

Very well known GP rider of today. Photo is circa '76.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 04:05 AM
This is a really pretty shot (I think) of Balbuco at Lake Placid. Forgot I had it!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 04:07 AM
I'm not going to give you this one. If you followed my World Championships thread, this should be a cakewalk, as you saw MANY pictures of all of these horses and riders.

Name them, l-r. Naming Bert doesn't count!

More tonight, if I can!

Laurie

upperco
Jun. 19, 2002, 04:11 AM
neil shapiro buddy brown carl knee kathy kusner-robert ridland

upperco
Jun. 19, 2002, 04:14 AM
rodney jenkins michael mats dennis murphy and conrad

luv2jump
Jun. 19, 2002, 05:06 AM

Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

luv2jump
Jun. 19, 2002, 05:06 AM

Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Looks like Ellen Raidt, horse's name escapes me!!!

luv2jump
Jun. 19, 2002, 05:08 AM
Rider is a "Hollywood type" who rode a lot.

HOrse is extremely well known A/O hunter.

Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like Linda Blair , maybe on Devon???

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 05:56 AM
Carl Knee is correct on your first guess, the rest wrong.

RJ is incorrect on second guess.

Also, please identify which picture you are, um, identifying!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 05:57 AM
On Elly Raidt and Linda Blair.

We'll wait to see if we get any guesses on the horses...

Laurie

Fiction
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:25 AM
Taking a completly random stab at the GP rider on the pony- Nona Garson? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

-----
This is not a true story
-----

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:38 AM
Boy rider.

Laurie

luv2jump
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:50 AM
Laurie - OK Devon was not right , so how about Lnda Blair on Ivory Coast????
Ellen Raidt on Fleetwood Mac??
LUV2JUMP

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:55 AM
The horse Elly is riding bears the name of his sire as part of his name, which was very common with a lot of the offspring of said stallion.

The horse Linda is riding was a successful A/O horse for someone else (whose name escapes me) prior to Linda buying HER.

Laurie

Melzy
Jun. 19, 2002, 09:02 AM
Hunter rider still showing jumpers is Katie Monahan Prudent.

Tobi
Jun. 19, 2002, 09:18 AM
Is the little boy, McLain Ward?

Kennett Square
Jun. 19, 2002, 09:52 AM
Was the horse Linda Blair riding Mink and Pearls?

Roo
Jun. 19, 2002, 09:53 AM
Is Linda Blair on Mink'n Pearls?

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 10:07 AM
and yes to the others!

McLain at about 2?

Mink 'n' Pearls.

Ellen Raidt is riding Clavier's Clancy, sired by the popular sire of the time, Clavier.

Still waiting on a few more answers that are outstanding; where are the Canadians weighing in on their photo? That should be SOOOO easy.

Who is in the first photo of the bank and gray horse?

Haven't had any guesses on the "four-fer" either. Where is everyone???

Laurie

[This message was edited by lauriep on Jun. 19, 2002 at 03:03 PM.]

Kennett Square
Jun. 19, 2002, 10:16 AM
I want to say the rider on the first gray is Bernie Traurig, the horse looks very familiar but I'm drawing a blank on the name.

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 10:18 AM
not Bernie.

He is a course designer today, and loves his golf!

Laurie

Dementia 13
Jun. 19, 2002, 10:19 AM
Who owned Mink & Pearls before? I am drawing a blank!

Laurie, as always, wonderful pictures and memories. Very cool thread.

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"

Alex Trebek
Jun. 19, 2002, 10:21 AM
Who is Michael Cody? (Mink 'n Pearls) Oops -wrong game! LOL

Course designer/rider: Buddy Brown.

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 11:19 AM
to Alex (Wiseguy) Trebek. Michael Cody was extremely successful on Mink 'n' Pearls, then went on to marry Anthony d'Ambrosio.

And a big yes to Buddy Brown! Any ideas on the horse he is riding?

Canadian, your time is running out!

Laurie

baymare
Jun. 19, 2002, 11:45 AM
Buddy on Little Bit?

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 11:58 AM
that is indeed correct.

So we are still waiting for answers on the "four-fer", the canadians, and a correct id of the Rotterdam Nations Cup team, right?

I am going to post the answers at 4:30 pm, est, if I get no more guesses!

Hope to have a few more for tonight!

Laurie

dublin
Jun. 19, 2002, 02:51 PM
More great pictures, Laurie. Thanks so much for posting them!

Do you have all your photos on any sort of online photo hosting site, like Webshots? I'd love to look at them periodically without having to do a search for your various topics. (okay, so I'm lazy....) /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

buryinghill2
Jun. 19, 2002, 03:12 PM
It just goes to show you should go with your instinct. I almost guessed Clavier's Clancy, but I thought it was a long shot. Ellie did some riding for Emerson during the time we had Clancy. Emerson was a huge fan of Clavier, and we had several of his offspring in the barn during that time. Clancy was owned by Sally Haas I think. Ellie rode him some, but Sally Kuhn showed him more. Tom Dembinski might have also shown him. You can see we were all over the place with riders before Leslie came along! Tom, Ellie and Brian Flynn all rode for Fairfield early on.

wtywmn4
Jun. 19, 2002, 05:51 PM
Four-fer RJ, Michael Matz, Dennis Murhpy, and Conrad?

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:10 PM
I just KNEW you would be the one to get the hunter pics!! I wish I had some of your treasure trove to post! If you ever want to trust me with them for a short while, I'd be happy to scan them for you if you don't have access to a scanner. For the number of years and horse shows I had, I really don't have that many pictures - just never thought of it!

Four-fer answer:1) Scott Nederlander and Southside, 2) Conrad & Balbuco (what a surprise), 3) RJ and Prime Time (my first GP horse and first GP winner), 4) Steve Stephens and Grey Chief.

Canadian Team: Jimmy Elder, John Simpson, Carl Knee, Terry Leibel, Ian Millar.

I'm sifting for tonight's offering right now.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:13 PM
I do have a webshots account that I have posted a few on. That is an excellent idea and I will get on it after I finish this thread, another couple of days. I'll let you know when I get them up!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:44 PM
First, another "four-fer." Same vintage as last night.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:49 PM
This is George and his girls. Name the girls l-r.

Laurie

[This message was edited by lauriep on Jun. 19, 2002 at 11:08 PM.]

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:51 PM
from the '78 Jumping Derby. Name them!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:54 PM
this one's for you! Who is it?

Laurie

Jaysee
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:54 PM
The girls: Melanie, Katie and Michelle.. (the last 2 were named in the picture's caption!!!)

Jaysee
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:56 PM
'78 Derby (the BEST show EVER).. Armand (?) and Bernie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:57 PM
this horse was a TOP junior hunter for several years. Known for his consistency. Name horse and rider.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 07:59 PM
who are around to see these. BIG memories!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 08:01 PM
also for the old grooms.

HInt: they worked for Hunterdon.

Bonus points if you can name the horse (large jr. hunter).

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 08:05 PM
the night wouldn't be complete without a picture of my boy.

This was the cover of the program, and a large poster, for the 1980 World Cup in Baltimore. Little did the organizers know that they were predicting the winner!

The following year, they took the same image, reversed it and put it on a white background, and made a poster for the first-ever Baltimor Internationale Jumping Classic. I am looking at it on my wall right now!

Laurie

luv2jump
Jun. 19, 2002, 08:06 PM
this one's for you! Who is it?
Pony
Laurie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shenadoah Opal with ???

SBT
Jun. 19, 2002, 08:06 PM
...#1, Conrad?
#2, Rodney Jenkins
#3, Michael Matz (I'd know that smile anywhere /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )
#4 ????

~Sara /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

~"Shut up, brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip."~

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 08:10 PM
correct! I caught the caption too late to change it. Can you name the horses for Armand and Bernie? They were the regular rides for both at the time.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 08:11 PM
you've gotta get the rider too! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 19, 2002, 08:13 PM
Michael is correct. Negative on the others. Sorry!

Laurie

Jaysee
Jun. 19, 2002, 08:31 PM
1. Rodney (??)
2. Harry DeLeyer
3. MM
4. Bernie

Jaysee
Jun. 19, 2002, 08:33 PM
78 Derby.. Bernie on The Cardinal, I can't recall the name of Armand's horse at this point in time...!!!

Kennett Square
Jun. 19, 2002, 10:38 PM
Joanie Houston on Shenadoah Opal.

buryinghill2
Jun. 20, 2002, 04:03 AM
I think the first groom picture is Jimmy Plumber. Can't be to sure, I didn't know him very well.

Piper
Jun. 20, 2002, 06:33 AM
The pony is Joanna Houston on Shenandoah Opal. The top junior horse is Murmansk with Frank Houston. They rode with Christina S. out of Heaven Trees.

wtywmn4
Jun. 20, 2002, 06:53 AM
1. RJ on Idle Dice (sorta gave it away at the top /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )
2. ?
3. Michael Matz
4. Bernie on the Cardinal at Devon

Were these from the Gold Cup held in Valley Forge?

Alex Trebek
Jun. 20, 2002, 07:30 AM
Shoot, I KNEW I shouldn't have ridden this morning - missed getting the answers to a two of my favorites: Shenandoah Opal and Murmansk!

lauriep
Jun. 20, 2002, 07:50 AM
RJ is NOT correct. It is Robert Ridland on Nazarius.

Joann and Frank Houston and S.Opal and Murmansk is correct.

Abby, Plummer is correct. I thought you knew him well. The Hunterdon grooms are Lori Free and Johnny Black. I met Johnny when I came out to watch Michael Hart in the Medal the first year he showed in it ('74 or '75). So his was one familiar face I knew when I moved out here and he was a really nice guy. Poncho sort of took his place when he started for H'don. They are working on Elizabeth Sheehan's jr. hunter, Exciteress (always loved that name).

Armand is riding his first big jumper, Sombre.

Much better, class! I'll do one or two more nights before putting this thread to bed. Then I'll take Dublin up on her suggestion and get them ALL up on a website and let you know when I have done that.

But we will still have to have the occasional "Guess Who" to keep you in practice!

Laurie

Reggie
Jun. 20, 2002, 07:55 AM
Robert Ridland, Michael mats, Dennis Murphy, Conrad

Reggie
Jun. 20, 2002, 08:00 AM
Bernie is on The Cardinal

buryinghill2
Jun. 20, 2002, 08:21 AM
Again, I should have posted. I thought that was Exciteress. I don't have the book, but I think there is a picture of George on Exciteress on the cover of his book.

lauriep
Jun. 20, 2002, 08:25 AM
was out of a 1977 PH with an article on careers with horses. INterviews were with Rock Bottom (Plummer), Hunterdon (Johnny Black) and Country Club (Carlene Blunt's farm).

I saw Exciteress on the same trip in '74 or '75. I thought she was absolutely stunning.

Next time, go with your gut, Ab!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 20, 2002, 07:55 PM
but the next installment will have to wait til tomorrow night - too much going on tonight!

See you tomorrow!

Laurie

wtywmn4
Jun. 21, 2002, 07:09 AM
You know we will wait patiently.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif You are our historian, and we do so appreciate all the work your doing with these.

thecowboyway
Jun. 21, 2002, 07:33 AM
Is the hunter Michael Sasso and Dillon? or something like that...

lauriep
Jun. 21, 2002, 08:26 AM
A pat on the neck is always appreciated! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Leaper, I'm not sure which picture you are referring to, but I didn't post any of Michael and Dillon. I think they have all been identified now, though.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:32 PM
to post another segment on this thread. Sorry for the delay!

Tonight, we're going back even further in time: 1971-1972. These pictures are all from the publication "L'Annee Hippique", a European annual review of international competition in Europe and here.

No guess whos tonight, just IDs. I can't tell you too much about these, but many are familiar faces, just younger!

This first one is the US team at Aix-la-Chapelle in France where we apparently won the Nations Cup. L-R, Bill Steinkraus on Fleet Apple, Neal Shapiro on Sloopy, Joe Fargis on Bonte II, and a young Conrad Homfeld on Triple Crown.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:34 PM
also in France.

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:36 PM
but the magazine is all in French (they later went to three languages, French, German and English).

This is a 20 year old Robert Ridland on Almost Persuaded. The caption mentions that he was a student at the famous Yale University (I could pick that out). /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:39 PM
this is a picture of a 19 year old Conrad on Triple Crown. Caption says they were second in the Wills GP (I think!)

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:41 PM
This is Frank Chapot on San Lucas, in their specialty class, the Puissance.

Laurie

PonyJumperGRL
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:43 PM
Imagine that...the Pony Rider has what appears to be? a HELMET without a HARNESS!

-----------------------------
Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:43 PM
A three-fer!
Robert Ridland and Almost Persuaded, Rodney Jenkins and Idle Dice and, surprise! Joe Fargis riding San Lucas in the Nations Cup at NY. I have no idea why...

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:46 PM
this is Neal Shapiro on Sloopy in France.

Laurie

Carol Ames
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:48 PM
I would guess Mclain ward, the EF is Elan Farm?

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:48 PM
negotiate the Hickstead Bank, the daddy of them all!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:50 PM
This magazine also highlights the junior competitions. Thought you might be interestedin a shot of Marcus Fuchs as a junior!

Laurie

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:55 PM
a predecessor to our Childrens International Jumping competition was held in San Juan, Puerto Rico in '71. Some familiar faces were there:

Michelle McEvoy (Grubb) is third from left, Marcus Fuchs next to the right of her, Juan Rieckehoff is 6th from the left, Michel Vaillancourt is 8th from the left.

I have a plan for one more posting before putting this thread to bed. I'll get to it by the end of the week!

Laurie

Carol Ames
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:56 PM
What a great trip down Memory Lane!Was Frank Chapot riding Viscount? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lauriep
Jun. 24, 2002, 08:02 PM
yes on Frank and Viscount.

Your guess of McLain on the pony (?) is correct; EF was for Equinox Farm, my first employer upon my move east.

Laurie

wtywmn4
Jun. 26, 2002, 07:50 AM
Am just bumping this up, in anticipation. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

lauriep
Jun. 26, 2002, 09:39 AM
you are my biggest fan!

Probably won't be 'til this weekend. I've started rising early and (yeeks!!) exercising, so am not spending much if any time on the 'puter in the evening. So, bear with me!

Laurie

wtywmn4
Jun. 26, 2002, 04:26 PM
Okay, I will be patient. Truth be known, I think I'm one of many, fans that is! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Love those pictures lauriep, they give us hope that all is not lost in the current turmoil...