PDA

View Full Version : Saddlepad racks/storage ideas

horserdrs
Jun. 19, 2012, 10:00 PM
Looking for new ideas for organizing my endless supply of saddlepads...without using rubber tubs or shelving. Love the look of old fashioned wood racks,dowels etc-not just the standard hanging 3 or 4 bar ones..... any ideas and pics would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

tle
Jun. 20, 2012, 09:06 AM
Well, I'm not sure if this qualifies as something you don't like, but all my pads (as well as all the pads at the lesson barn where I ride) are hung using PVC. I'll try to explain as I'm not sure I have a picture available.

Take a length of PVC... about 18-24 inches long. Attach it vertically to the wall. I recommend using the metal plumbing brackets to go around the PVC to hold it in place (vs. putting a screw through the PVC itself).
Attach a 90 degree PVC elbow to the top of the vertical piece.
Attach a 2nd length of PVC ... about 12-18 inches long... to the other end of the elbow. This portion is what you hang your pad on.

You can group them quite close together -- a couple inches apart. They swivel so you can sort through them or hang something in the middle quite quickly. They're hanging up, so they dry well and are up "out of the way". And because they swivel, you can "squish" them against the wall and really be out of the way. I've also hung light weight sheets & blankets this way... just have to put the PVC higher up off the ground.