PDA

View Full Version : Party on the Porch!

Portia
Jan. 17, 2001, 04:27 PM
Jair posted his very nice "philosophical thoughts" thread (not to be confused with "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" from SNL), and several people agreed people may be feeling a bit testy due to Winter having set in and Spring being a good ways away. There's only one good cure for that, and it's a Party on the Porch! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

So we'll get BossHoss out of the tub, move the ponies out of the kitchen, get the fluffy dogs out of the rockers, and have HuntJumpSC fire up the still. We can unwrap the Christmas lights from HSM, start making baleing twine and duct tape decorations, and maybe even invite the Stair Sitters up for a quick taste of brew. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Now Kellybird -- I said a taste, not a guzzle!

Kachoo, where are you? Oh, that's right -- Malaysia. But, c'mon the rest of you Canadians! You know how to have a good virtual party!

Portia
Jan. 17, 2001, 04:27 PM
Jair posted his very nice "philosophical thoughts" thread (not to be confused with "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" from SNL), and several people agreed people may be feeling a bit testy due to Winter having set in and Spring being a good ways away. There's only one good cure for that, and it's a Party on the Porch! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

So we'll get BossHoss out of the tub, move the ponies out of the kitchen, get the fluffy dogs out of the rockers, and have HuntJumpSC fire up the still. We can unwrap the Christmas lights from HSM, start making baleing twine and duct tape decorations, and maybe even invite the Stair Sitters up for a quick taste of brew. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Now Kellybird -- I said a taste, not a guzzle!

Kachoo, where are you? Oh, that's right -- Malaysia. But, c'mon the rest of you Canadians! You know how to have a good virtual party!

ErinB
Jan. 17, 2001, 04:36 PM
Hey Portia, I'm 16. When would one qualify as a porch sitter, hmmm? Sounds like fun up there!

*~Erin~*

Tap2Tango
Jan. 17, 2001, 04:40 PM
"The porch" reminds me of the olden days on the equisearch board!! I know there are some of you who know what I mean.....Suz....????LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Portia
Jan. 17, 2001, 04:52 PM
Sparkles, that's exactly what this is -- its the COTH Annex of the old Esearch Porch. We rebuilt it a few months ago after Esearch crashed and changed. We haven't used it much recently, but it's about time to kick it back up.

ErinB, at 16 you qualify as a Stair Sitter, I think. You'll have to check with Jo, Kellybird, Reagalmeans, and Becca -- they pretty much control the stairs. To get a rocker on the Porch you have to be muuccchhhh ooolldeeer.

Like heidi, or Colin, or Jair, or Robby Johnson. They're old enough for the Porch. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

JB, drop the dog and get the pink pills away from Boss Hoss!

ErinB
Jan. 17, 2001, 05:05 PM
I was on E-search, too... that's why I'm not in a huge state of confusion, lol!

Portia- Darnit! Well can my horse sit on the porch? She's about 33 in people years. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

*~Erin~*

Louise
Jan. 17, 2001, 05:27 PM
Well, dang it Portia, move over and let me sit down. I'm cranky and crabby, but I think a good deep swig of whatever brew is being served might just cheer me up just fine. I have my fuzzy socks on and brought along the quilt that my aunt made many years ago, to wrap up in, so I'm all ready to settle in and "set a spell."

Portia
Jan. 17, 2001, 05:32 PM
Sorry Erin, the only horses that get on the Porch are the real retirees, like Cougar 2's Wubs. Louise's horses can come on the Porch, too, since they're both retired.

Louise, pull up a dog to warm your feet, lend us a kitten to warm our hands, and have a swig of Cider to warm the insides. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Then tell us some cute kitten stories. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Louise
Jan. 17, 2001, 05:40 PM
I'll bring the kittens along, for sure. Betsy would just love to warm your hands, and she'll be glad to lick them raw at the same time. Marissa dun't much cotton to laps, but she will be glad to play egyptian statue and pretty up the place.

Actually, they have been pretty good kitties. Three weeks now, and not one thing destroyed or even damaged. Pretty good, huh? Jaime Lynn did a good job of raising them.

Becca
Jan. 17, 2001, 05:42 PM
A good party is always a good thing! And quite frankly, I'm joining Louise. I'm in those lovely winter doldrums. Sick of School, sick of snow, sick of winter, and i miss my pony-pies dreadfully. So I'm all for clambering up those stairs again- I need it!

AND- Luckily for all you elite stair-dwellers, and the less fortunate lawners (though still feel your immense priviledge by merely being allowed to attend such a faboo party just on the lawn!) I have brought some lovely Diet Coke (essential) and the Hot Chocolate is cooking (yes, we even have marshmallows) Sarah, I believe you are responsible for the cookies. Kelkel, you get the after dinner mints, and Jo, I believe you will have the flatware.

So have no fear, even though we are still too linber and youthful to be on the covetted porch rocking chairs, we'll enjoy ourselves, even if we are looking through the window frames like sad begger children..and we all know I sometimes sneak up and pretend to be a little dog in the corner and Portia sneaks me some of that great Porch food every now and again..if ya'll are nice, I might even share..

Justbay
Jan. 17, 2001, 05:56 PM
I have a big bag of potato chips I could share....

Tap2Tango
Jan. 17, 2001, 06:02 PM
Erin, I turn 16 on Wednesday...So we can chill together on the steps!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

stop4
Jan. 17, 2001, 06:06 PM
I am still claiming my top step on the porch....

I think that we will definatly take up the offer for some alcohal.....what about the vodka? or did me and Kelsey already steal all of it? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Becca
Jan. 17, 2001, 06:11 PM
I think not! tut-tut. The only Alcohol we ever touch is when we eat the worm from the bottom of the tequilla bottle!

And YOUR /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Top stair?? I think not, darling!!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

stop4
Jan. 17, 2001, 06:22 PM
I think that me, Clemsonrider and someone else were on the top step...then Kelsey, ErinB and Sarah on the second....

Remember you claimed the bottom one so you could help control the lawn kids.....

stop4
Jan. 17, 2001, 06:36 PM
I looked it up.....Me Jaded Erin on top step, kelsey Sarah and CLemson rider on second.....you were the one who wanted to sit by the lawn dogs.... Remember how me and Jaded promised to make IDs for everyone so we could drink!

::::jumps up to get a goat out of HuntJumpSC's still::::::

Becca
Jan. 17, 2001, 06:45 PM
[B] POOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAA!!!!!!
[B]

(yes, Becca is whining now!!) Where are you to defend my claim?? *gasp*

Louise?? Duffy? SoEasy? DMK? Hattie? (I'm becoming mildly panicky by now..) Anyone out there?? You guys know my claim!!

(my oh my, Becca has had a rotton day and she has resorted to whining...its a sad sad day)

Could it be that I actually was generous enough to watch over the dogs? That just doesn't ring true as a Beccaism.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

stop4
Jan. 17, 2001, 06:49 PM
ummmm.....yeah not all of us have reached "beccadom" but as I recall this was the Chronicle porch....or did you just move the esaerch board here.....either way I am sure we can make room for one more.

Louise
Jan. 17, 2001, 06:56 PM
Sorry guys, I think that the top step is big enough for all who DESERVE to be there. Hmmm, now, who has done something nice for me lately?

ErinB
Jan. 17, 2001, 06:58 PM
Sparkles101, sounds good to me! All you younger steplings, scoot please. The older ones sit nearest to the porch so we can listen in on the conversations above. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Which is exactly why the youngers sit near the bottom. Some things you just don't need to hear yet. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Justbay- Goody, 'cause I have dip. Haha. What else are we missing...?

Sandstone, I see you sneaking off with that. Tsk tsk.

*~Erin~*

stop4
Jan. 17, 2001, 06:59 PM
Would you like a very cute 6 week old lab puppy to keep you hands warm? I just happen to have one of those....

ErinB
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:01 PM
Louise, all I know is that I haven't been (too) bad lately. Does that qualify me, by any chance? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

*~Erin~*

Kelsy
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:07 PM
Step down! Ha, we claimed our steps woohoo! So who's making Mar and my fake ID's so we can drink whenever we want? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifAnways, Mar and I claimed the steps so that we can talk to each other the whole time!

ErinB
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:09 PM
'Scuse me, Kelsy, but I was a step sitter at E-search! So this gives me the right to move up. As for talking all the time, you could just as easily do that on the next step...! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

*~Erin~*

Regalmeans
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:09 PM
you simply can't be trusted!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think that me, Clemsonrider and someone else were on the top step...then Kelsey, ErinB and
Sarah on the second.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes Sandstone....only I thought you agreed to move over and share with me and Kelsey....and we all shared the vodka...or was it hard cidar?

And yes, Becca, I also brought the cookies /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif God I need to come here more often and defend my claim!!!

Sarah

stop4
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:10 PM
Yeah Kel! That is why we sit together! and Jaded had this razy idea last time that we get fake IDs....we can make them out of duct tape and those dried out black markers that collect in the top of tack trunks.

Sarah~ you are across form Kelsey! Definatly close enough to share the Vodka AND hard cider!

Regalmeans
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sarah~ you are across form Kelsey! Definatly close enough to share the Vodka AND hard
cider! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now I feel truly loved.......

Sarah

Tin
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:14 PM
Three cheers Portia, I think that's exactly what everyone needs right now /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And even though I've been in hiding for a little while, I am still the official beer distributor for all dem canadian eh! Unless I've been stripped of my duties? Have I? Please NOOOOOOO!!! *begs and pleads with oscar winning performance* ouch that hurt the knees can someone help me up?

So everyone over 19 (21 in the states) have a beer and enjoy!!!! And all you youngin's sorry /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif *pssst I hide 4 cases under the porch, if the ponies haven't finished them off they're yours*

Steve
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:24 PM
Hey Marion + Kels, can you sit on my lap marion and we can share vodka! and when your not there kelsey can sit on my lap and share thats after she was on her stair master of course!

Steve

stop4
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:29 PM
::::looks around for Portia, HSM, and Weatherford or Flash:::::

(Thanks Tin! I will be quite)

ErinB
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:34 PM
Ok since my spot has obviously been very rudely taken, where will I sit? Hmm?

*~Erin~*

Tin
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:37 PM
Forgot about the fake ID's, quick grab the duct tape and give me a dried out marker!! Man I haven't drawn people in ages *lets a pony like the tip of the dried out marker* k line up everyone, Sandstone you first *quickly sketches Sandstone who now resembles a stick figure with a cartoon bubble stating "hi, my name is Sandstone"* There ya go /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif NEXT!

-Tin (formerly Jaded until found out "Jaded" was used in other BB's)

Oh and since I'm older then the stair sitters and younger than the porch sitters is it o.k if I sit on the porch railing? Remember I do give out beer and I won't sit infront of everyone view, please? If not, can I be suspended from the porch roof you know in kind of a swing or something?

Regalmeans
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:38 PM
Now when do I get *my* fake ID?

Okay Marion and Kelsey let's go look around under the porch then run back to protect our seats.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ErinB - ofcourse there's room for you....
remember the porch has VERY BIG STEPS.....

Sarah

stop4
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:46 PM
Your seatr was NOT rudely taken, you always sit between me and Jaded....but now Jaded is Tin and is sitting on the porch railing.....

daytimedrama
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:49 PM
I was out on the lawn but i think that I should really get a seat on the stairs /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Christina~

Tin
Jan. 17, 2001, 07:57 PM
Sandstone> only if the beautiful, smart and oh so respected porch sitters allow me to, will I be on the railing or maybe just leaning up against it?
It would be an easy place to hand out Canadian drinks such as Canadian beer, Polar Bears (shots) and some really good Canadian made vodka. If not, I still reserve my spot beside Sandstone and Erin!!

stop4
Jan. 17, 2001, 08:08 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me! (By the way, I love my new ID! Looks just like me)

And with you (possibly) sitting or leaning almost on the porch and me sitting on the top step in front of Portia(....maybe if i turn just right she won't see me stealing the hard liquor) We will definatly have plenty of fun! And I promise to replace verything that I drink....anyone ever had Biltmore wine?! no shortage of that stuff... how about 2 of those per bottle of the hard stuff?

ErinB
Jan. 17, 2001, 09:05 PM
Ok! Now that I know that my seat was NOT rudely taken, I'll come back.

Daytimedrama, what on earth are you doing down there?! Awwww... /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

*~Erin~*

Kellybird
Jan. 17, 2001, 09:08 PM
As I recall, my last porch episode involved me locked inside by C2, with some of the higher step citizens passing me cider through a window. I always get caught being the humanitarian, passing around all of the "refreshments." It was not my fault that Regal said she was thirsty--Portia, I SWEAR I was only trying to relieve suffering!

I get a top step, well, because, I do. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And all those ponies passed out on the lawn? Soooooo not me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ErinB, you definitely can sit on the steps....beware, adults are not to be trusted with the drinks, so watch them closely....
Maybe fake IDs should be required, it'd keep the riff-raff with those silly real IDs at bay.

Ciao, everyone...;)

Portia
Jan. 17, 2001, 10:04 PM
Oh my goodness! I go home and leave you kids alone, and just look what happens! Becca, get the sheep out of Schoolie's big rocker! Reagal, you and Sandstone take the goats back to the lawn where they belong. They're chewing on the the duct tape and if we're not careful the whole plac is gonna fall down around us. Kellybird and Kelsy, try and see if you can find Boss Hoss or HuntJump SC under that big pile of baling twine and feed bags in the corner. And somebody please get the pony out of the still!

Tin, please/ hand me a LaBatts and let's turn on a hockey game. For some reason, I feel like pretenting to be a Canadian tonight. Where are Boss Hoss and Kachoo when we need them?

Louise, more kitten stories, please. As I write, I have my little Monster and Creature sitting under my chair. Well, that is, Monster is under the chair. Creature has managed to pull the bottom lining open and has climbed inside the chair. Ah, wonderful Ikea craftmanship.

And yes, that's right! I'm not posting this from the office! Yes, kids and neighbors, will wonders never cease -- only a year later and I finally got my own little laptop and I'm at home. Yeehaw! Now nobody's safe. Mmmwaaahahahaha! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AAJumper
Jan. 17, 2001, 10:33 PM
I've got plenty to go around! I need a good party....it's been crazy at work lately. What an excellent idea Portia! Is there any room left on the porch....at a ripe old age of 31 I qualify, right? I better get to work on my rocker! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mad Mission
Jan. 17, 2001, 10:53 PM
Ok, i wasn't around back in the day at E-search, though i post there now- but what are the qualifications for sitting on the steps? The top with Sandstone and the others sounds about right for me...

Becca- DOn't you know, tequilla is good for you- kills the worms.

Can my horse sit on the porch though? She could use the rest. She isn't too terriably old- middle aged, but she is a boarder-line cripple. Plus she has worked hard in her life and trys despite her many troubles.

Louise
Jan. 18, 2001, 04:32 AM
Yeeee Hawwwww!!! Portia has a laptop - now the fun begins. I'm glad to hear that my two kitties aren't the only ones who have the insatiable desire to be "inside" something. There isn't a nook or cranny on the porch that is safe from exploration, when I bring the Holy Terrors along.

Sandstone, your puppy is adorable, but, with the two kittens, I already have my hands more than full. Besides, I bet you and he are already best buds and inseperable.

ErinB - give me some warning the next time you decide to be bad, that's something I would really not want to miss, it's such a rarity.

By the way, where are Schoolmarm and Snowbird? I thought they had pledged to hold up their corner of the porch, cobwebs and all.

TeriKessler
Jan. 18, 2001, 06:19 AM
Can we rename it to the veranda, so I come, too?

Jan. 18, 2001, 07:12 AM
Don't let the kitties see Tin--they LOVE beer, and may disown you as their mom for a bit til they come swaggering back an pass out at your feet. Hmmmmm where are those pictures of them? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Louise
Jan. 18, 2001, 07:46 AM
Hah, I would have guessed Betsy would love beer, but Marissa? What a surprise!

Just got pictures scanned today. Tonight I'll sit down and try to figure out how to post the darn things, which, as computer challenged as I am, could be fun.

Jan. 18, 2001, 07:52 AM
then looks at you like "who me?"!!!!!

Lord Helpus
Jan. 18, 2001, 08:05 AM
the folding kind, but with arms and footrest. I need to settle back so my 15 year old doggie Berkeley has lots of room to lie on my lap and I still have room to be needlepointing a belt over his head. (He is oblivious to kitties and, at his age, just like to snoozer with mom near by.) Can't sit still and listen to good gossip -- er, stories-- without a needlepoint belt project in my hands.

How is the weather for the party? Warm and sunny? About 75 degrees with a light breeze? And huge shade trees on the front lawn, under which the smaller children are playing tag (quietly and with no arguments or shrill voices).

AHHHHHHHH. That's comfy now.

Portia
Jan. 18, 2001, 09:16 AM
Teri, your section of the Porch can be a Veranda if you want, as part of the Southern tradition of gentility. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Louise, I've never met a kitty who didn't like a good cave. The IKEA chair is just my babies' latest attempt at cave dwelling. They have dug holes in the bottom lining of the box springs on both the beds in my house. When they disappear, I look under the bed for lumps hanging down in the lining. Luckily, most of the good furniture is too close to the ground for them to burrow under, and the dining and occassional chairs are too small to make good caves.

The Porch definately has to be located someplace other than Houston this week -- rain, rain, rain, and it's too cold in the East. So I vote we move it to Indio for the rest of the circuit. We can sit on the Porch and watch Hap Hansen ride and wish we could be so good. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Regalmeans
Jan. 18, 2001, 09:22 AM
Hehe /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It was not my fault that Regal said she was thirsty--Portia, I SWEAR I was only trying to relieve suffering!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sure Kellybird just blame it all on me....of course.....it was all me and ErinB and Sandstone had *nothing what so ever* to do with it....yeah...right...

Sarah

stop4
Jan. 18, 2001, 11:04 AM
opps! Me sneak alcohal? I think that you must have been drinking if you are saying things like that..... /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Pam that weather sounds just lovely!

Becca
Jan. 18, 2001, 11:15 AM
A much needed reminder. My youth may allow me to lose my priority place on the steps (even though we all KNOW that if I really wanted too, my supreme powers would pull through and have me all by myself on that top stair if I wished it) There is one thing that can NEVER be threatened! The Lawn Rulers. Taffy reigns Supreme, and because we like Regal so much, Regal reigns at his side. (Thank you, Sarah)

Portia has a lap top now- the fun can start! (Not that it hasn't been fun /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

LOUISE- I DEMAND being shown those pictures!! Its a law, donchya know?(what Becca says goes...or something)

Mad Mission- wait- tequilla is good for you? kills the worm? I would hope it kills the worm. Dead tequilla worm is allowed. Alive? extraterrestrial, if you ask me..

And the creme de la creme is my puddy-tat /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (Who will play w/ Betsy and Marissa;)) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Louise
Jan. 18, 2001, 11:20 AM
Becca - Tompkins is ultra neat, what a cutie - as is the munchkin with him, that your little brother by any chance?

OlmosHeaven
Jan. 18, 2001, 11:20 AM
I'll bring a space heater if I can have a spot on the porch. And a kitten who's pretty imperturable and loves to warm laps. Her mom may come, but she prefers to lie sphinx-like on the chest of somebody who's prone. The yellow lab gets pretty excitable, but she'd love a lap, too, or a spot next to somebody. I probably can't get the toy poodle away from my husband.
All I need is something to lean against and I can bring my own pillow. My retired horse gets a little antsy in crowds (he's mostly blind), so I think he should stay home.

stop4
Jan. 18, 2001, 11:25 AM
Becca~ I don't seem to recall anything about you being so much cooler than us that you could kick us off of our top step /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Shay Darra
Jan. 18, 2001, 11:32 AM
Look out everyone!! If Portia's porch is in Houston, we may all have to pitch in and turn it into an ARK! As a member of the 50+ club, is there an extra rocker (on pontoons, of course) available?

Will the rains ever cease? Since I have limited access to an indoor, I've been spending my evenings fashioning flipper feet for Zephyr and Max. For those who may remember, I was asking about "Z" names a couple of months ago for my new guy, but none seemed quite right for him. He's now Max, and if we ever progress to the showing stage, he'll be Max A Million.

They're saying maybe sleet and snow for Houston tomorrow. Hope you "sunny and 71" Floridians are having fun!! Pleeeese don't gloat!!

I'm rowin' on over with my pitcher of Margaritas!

Portia
Jan. 18, 2001, 11:44 AM
Becca, your Tompkins looks very much like my little Creature, with the grey stripes and white chest and feet, but Creature is unique in that 1/2 her face is brown stripey and 1/2 is grey stripey. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Monster, on the other hand, is part black and part white, with a Phantom of the Opera mask thing going on. Now that I have a scanner at home, I will scan and post photos of the kitties. The third cat, Greyling, is a non-snuggler so she wouldn't be much good on the Porch. She too prefers the absolute power of laying on a person's chest while they are laying down.

Olmos and Zephyr's Mom, we'll have to put the lawn kids and Stair Sitters to work on building that ark. Plenty of duct tape and baleing twine around for them to work with.

Taffy and Regal of course get the lawn. We need them to keep the ponies in line. By the way, Boss Hoss has a brand new stud pony that just came out of the field, so we may need to get a good supply of those pink pills ready for her. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ErinB
Jan. 18, 2001, 11:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ErinB - give me some warning the next time you decide to be bad, that's something I would really not want to miss, it's such a rarity. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, is it? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Well in that case, how about I give you a cat AND a dog? My pwecious little puddy cat RC and my Aussie, Addie! On second thought, I do still want them. Perhaps you could just borrow them? My kitty got declawed ( /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ) but that means he won't claw you in the head if you need a real fur scarf!

*~Erin~*

ErinB
Jan. 18, 2001, 11:51 AM
Hehehe here they are.

*~Erin~*

Portia
Jan. 18, 2001, 02:03 PM
Aw, Erin, what a darling spotty puppy and stripey kitty! Dare I ask what said puppy has in his mouth? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif So long as he promises not to chase the sheep or ponies, he's welcome on the lawn anytime!

Kellybird
Jan. 18, 2001, 02:22 PM
...I may be mistaken, but in my quite sober state I see nothing in puppy's mouth--looks like a stick on the road behind him. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

This is why we have step-sitters, to keep the porch-sitters from hallucinating too much! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HSM
Jan. 18, 2001, 02:28 PM
Well I may be late but I'm here!

Look's like there's more young'uns than porch-sitters at the moment. What's up with that? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif I know JOH is having some 'puter problems, but where are the rest of us oldies?

Ya know, this is an equal-opportunity porch... non-ex-e-searchers (if that makes any sense) are MORE than welcome! Only requirements: no longer a young'un, sense of humor, love of duct tape and baling twine, and a penchant for rocking veeerrry slowly for the entire day. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

(BTW...Sandstone - - I saw that back on page 2! Be careful there!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

Ok, guys...let the party begin!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Becca
Jan. 18, 2001, 05:49 PM
Portia- just going all out hey? Scanner at home..laptop...whew!!I dare say we might need to see some PONY pictures in addition to the oh-so-desired kitty pictures!! You and Louise had better watch out, I might steal your kitties to have at school with me. Everyone needs some a CUTE as your guys'!

Louise- That is Peter:) The apple of my eye /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif He is EXACTLY like I was at his age, and it frightens me trumendously!! Cute though, huh? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Don't get me started- I could show you a whole GALLERY of Payson pictures /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif egads..

Sandstone- Ah, but no.. NEVER will I claim to being the desireable 'cooler' Just more powerful. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Gettin' a bit cheeky there, aren't we??(I'm all in jest /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Don't take me seriosuly!:):))

KELLY!!!! You are breaching the ettiquette! We never tell the hostess of current-porch party that she ahs been drinking too much! She's halucinating? MAKE something up!!! sheesh!

Portia- I believe that is a large bone which the dog is planning on burrying under the porch.
(Btw cat and dog are very coot, Erin!!)

stop4
Jan. 18, 2001, 06:01 PM
Saying you are more powerful than me is not very nice....I thought we went through this whole popularity/coolness thing with Colin a while back.....no one here is any cooler then anyone else.

Becca
Jan. 18, 2001, 06:55 PM
Its all just a joke:) I am entirely kidding around, and mean no harm, as anyone who knows me will you.

I am terribly sorry if I offended you. That was certainly not my intent, nor has it ever been. You have my apology, and please join us on the top step. There is room for all:)

[This message was edited by Becca on Jan. 18, 2001 at 09:13 PM.]
My goodness, I was in the process of editing when you evidently read the previous post. I apologize for my sarcasm.

[This message was edited by Becca on Jan. 18, 2001 at 09:19 PM.]

stop4
Jan. 18, 2001, 07:09 PM
OMG! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Now I am offended.

Louise
Jan. 18, 2001, 07:20 PM
OK, now I'm confused. Why are you offended Sandstone. Looks to me like Becca just apologised to you.

DMK
Jan. 18, 2001, 07:29 PM
As long as both you and Becca realize that I am the MOST powerful person, we will all get along fine /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mad Mission
Jan. 18, 2001, 07:49 PM
Terri, i like the idea of calling the porch the Veranda as well.

HSM- If you want another porch sitter, i'm there. Many parts of my body are aged much past were they should be, so we all could pretend.I procally couldn't sit on the steps too long and still be able to get up anyway. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

L Scott
Jan. 18, 2001, 08:04 PM
I've pulled up a couple and have plopped myself down. Mind blocking the sun, everyone, I need all I can get. Very pale.

Pass me a.......what will I have? I'll have a Labatt's Blue, but I'll drink it slow, so ya'll won't be left behind.

Oh, you want one, go ahead, 2-4's over there, on ice.

Ahhhhh!

B.G.M. heidi
Jan. 18, 2001, 08:22 PM
LCR Scott, shift your butt over and make some room for me on the Muskoka chair. Think it'll bear our mutual weight? Gotta save the other chair for Canter who seems to be MIA...

Portia, I enlist Hans to help you with your laptop woes and you in turn call me old...though I am relative to the younguns attempting a coup of the top perch...

Okay, to keep up with the refined sensibilities of the NYC girls, lookee what Hans has packed in my thermos -- sour apple martinis, girls, enough for all, except the younguns. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

L Scott
Jan. 18, 2001, 08:37 PM
I brought several chairs to loose ourselves in, but I'll share mine. There, how's that!

What a lovely evening. Hey, nice dog, who's is it?

Canter is taking a little holiday. I'm sure she'll be very bummed when she finds out she missed this soiree!

Maz, Jair, One Away, Palisaides(omg, who have I forgotten from my clique) where are you? We're are having such fun.

I haven't been to the States in ages. This is so, so, so sooooothing.

Must be the beer. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jan. 18, 2001, 08:43 PM
I hope your sumo-son is on a bus on his way down here to wrestle with my darling daughter before they really get into "who's the best at the pony-finals" debate!!!!!!!

BTW, my rocker is on the back side of the verranda so I can partake of my own grape-juice. I'll share, but hard stuff, and cider don't agree with me!!!

Becca
Jan. 18, 2001, 08:43 PM
Canter is here in SPIRIT, if not physical being. It will all be O-KAY.

B.G.M. heidi
Jan. 18, 2001, 08:49 PM
Sumo-son ain't getting on no stinkin Greyhound to New York until we work out a few details of the dowry. What'd you offer the last time, hmmm, wasn't it a pallet 'o' warmbloods and some kinda farm on 200 acres...where's my lawyer, yoo hoo Inverness, where are ya when I need ya?!?!

Becca, stop crying for mammy-Canter - she'll come home as soon as the Eminem tour ends... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

daytimedrama
Jan. 18, 2001, 08:51 PM
ErinB> does that mean your ofically inviting me up closer to the porch (on the stairs) near the mosquito zappers and all the fun /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Christina~

Jan. 18, 2001, 08:56 PM
He should be so lucky as to have a potential brain-surgeon like my daughter!!!!!!!Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmppppppppppphhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Becca
Jan. 18, 2001, 09:04 PM
WHY WAS I NEVER INFORMED?! Mosquito zappers.. They make the world go round... the light...its so pretty.....

HEIDI! Ok /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'll stop. But only because I am an M&M fan. Peanut Butter, please.

B.G.M. heidi
Jan. 18, 2001, 09:16 PM
Jamie Lynn, noooo, sumo boy's on his way to Japan where he shall realize wealth beyond our wildest dreams as champeen toddler in the uber sumo ring in the sky. You shall be begging me for his hand in marriage!

And methinks that given your daughter's talents with a crop, he'll need some sumo skills to summon up when she challenges him to a Fruit-by-the-foot sandwich making death-match.

What're you gonna wear to the wedding BTW?

Becca, sweetness, don't sap yourself dry of tears. Mammy Canter'll come home -- at the very least with a tour t-shirt and a communicable disease. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jan. 18, 2001, 09:40 PM
(my daughter is dictating this) May I have the pleasure of meeting sumo-boy, and walking hand -in hand once before I slam his face in the sand????????

PS---I LOVE sushi!!!!!!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jan. 18, 2001, 09:46 PM
Wish I could be more creative, but I have this "fair pie-eating" contest stuck in my mind... Still PMP

When is the monster arriving???????

Hardly there
Jan. 18, 2001, 09:48 PM
*huff* *puff* Ok I'm finally here *huff* *puff*

Brought my dog/son Jacob hope you don't mind but he just LOVES parties /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Jan. 18, 2001, 09:58 PM
One Away, he ain't gonna pee on my leg is he? Cause I HATE it when that happens - especially when I'm enjoying a relaxed and leisurely evening, enthroned on LCR Scott's lap on the muskoka chair.

Jamie Lynn, baby, he's heeeeerrre!

Watch him in action baby and weep those tears of joy!!!

http://www.adcritic.com/content/smart-beep-sumo-wrestlers.html

[This message was edited by heidi on Jan. 19, 2001 at 12:04 AM.]

[This message was edited by heidi on Jan. 19, 2001 at 12:04 AM.]

Jan. 18, 2001, 10:27 PM
from my darling princess-----Dang, I need more beer.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hardly there
Jan. 18, 2001, 10:31 PM
LOL not to worry Heidi he doesn't do *that*
but he does like to have his but scratched all the time lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You will know when he backs up into you /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

OnyxThePony
Jan. 18, 2001, 10:32 PM
...and can't hear you.... but will join the party eventually.... and will bring back whatever is left of the *ahem* medicinal supplies what I found in the back of the shed and under them floorboards and under Schoolie's pillow and in the tubstill...what's left of em I say...

daytimedrama
Jan. 18, 2001, 11:09 PM
well if we don't have mosquito zappers , we should. There may not be any mosquitos right now but we should look into the Porch's future.

~Christina~

Becca
Jan. 19, 2001, 05:46 AM
There's SUSHI up on the Porch?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Portia- you might have to throw some down my way. I loooove Sushi!

Heidi- what would I do without you? really now. I would spend my life sobbing!! thanks to you, and canter's communicable diseases, I can go on with my life.

One Away- Is Jacob well behaved when it comes to sheep and ponies? (He can look to Pepper as his example!) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JRG
Jan. 19, 2001, 06:28 AM
With pinched nerve, she comes crawling up to take her spot on the porch. Feeling really old, she says "hay yungins, pass grandma a cider."

We really should have these little meetings more often, I am getting confused with all the name changes. I must be getting old.

Weather here is crappy. It is raining, there is still snow on the ground and I am so depressed. Daylight seems to be fleeting and It would be nice not to have to go out of the house stuffed looking like the "pillsbury doughboy". How is FL, is the weather nice. Someone tell us a story?

Regalmeans
Jan. 19, 2001, 07:57 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifI think the step crew must now intervene as the adults have had a little toooo much......hm...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Taffy and Regal of course get the lawn. We need them to keep the ponies in line. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> when you decide to put my horse in charge of something you know you've had waaaaay to much /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I mean I love him and all he does reign supreme (equal w/ Taffy thankyouverymuch) but h'es not exactly the most..um...*dominant*horse.....

Hehe!

Sarah

Jan. 19, 2001, 08:53 AM
runs for porch, and trips over step-sitters (doesn't spill beer)..... DANG!!!! Another bruise!!!!!!! Can I swipe a piece of tuna for beast-child??? She's out grazing a pony, but loves sushi almost as much as her mother...

She says she'll help with the poop cleanup when she's 6---sorry guys! Maybe if we leave a mucker out there for her, she can teach the ponies to use it!

Portia
Jan. 19, 2001, 09:03 AM
Sushi? Becca, Jamie Lynn, you can have all mine! I can't even eat fish when it's cooked, much less raw. The closest I want to get to sushi is watching Sushi Battle on IRON CHEF. ("Fukui-san, the Challenger is now marinating the crab brains before mixing them with the broth made of saki, white wine, and eel innards.") Heidi, perhaps the sumo youngster can get guest shot as a member of the judging panel for Shark Fin Battle. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BTW, anybody got any connections so we can get a nice 36+" flat screen high definition TV around here to watch the Grand Prix's on OLN? (Whenever it is they're showing them now that they've taken them off Saturday night. Hmmmph.) And watch Iron Chef, of course. If this place is gonna be called a Veranda, we need to class it up a bit with some high tech electronics. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

L Scott
Jan. 19, 2001, 09:29 AM
I brought my parents 64" Sony home monster television with mega speakers. Dad bought it to watch Hockey Night in Canada, but he can do without for one night. It's still in the truck as it is a b**** to carry. It was hell getting over the boarder. I had trouble convincing the boarder patrol that we just wanted it to watch Grand Prix of the equine variety. Long lashes go a long way.

Oops, got to go, I can hear him screaming now.

ErinB
Jan. 19, 2001, 10:00 AM
Daytimedrama, I agree. I think we also need an alarm system!

*~Erin~*

Becca
Jan. 19, 2001, 10:08 AM
is ALL MINE!! You can have those nasty california rolls. no thanks!

Portia- I watched the Iron Chef once. It was an experience.. Definately an experience.

My dad decided he needed to do this whole huge tv/sound system in the rec room so he could watch football and submarine movies (and of course Witness). He'll NEVER notice if I steal it and put it on the veranda. We have 127 different sound selections, 10 TV widths, and it is a platinum flat screen- you get the full 3-D effect of those tiny little jumps. Consider it done!! I'll also bring the laser show.

Sarah- Equal reign, most certainly. Taffy however is a dominant beast, so we've got Regal Covered!! (And don't worry dear, there are cookies on that other plate. The sushi is the red fishy-smelling stuff. Cookies are distinctly chocolate chip).

Jamie Lynn- if you toss some tuna my way, I will be sure to get some to your adorable lawn child.

Jan. 19, 2001, 10:19 AM
Emiril RULES!!!!!! BAM!!!!!

Kellybird
Jan. 19, 2001, 12:39 PM
SUSHI!?! I am so there! California rolls, tuna, mahi-mahi....even tried squid and octopus the other day--nothing my stomach wishes to repeat--but I will do anything for an avocado roll or eel!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jan. 19, 2001, 12:45 PM
Ever tried URCHIN???????LOLOL!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

stop4
Jan. 19, 2001, 12:50 PM
yes yes.... What about Urchin Sushi?

Or Urchin juice in Vodka....the new screw driver? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Jan. 19, 2001, 12:53 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OlmosHeaven
Jan. 19, 2001, 02:28 PM
The sun is out, the sun is out! And even though it's cool, I think we can turn off the heater. The lap cats and dogs should be sufficient. If necessary, we can grab a wool cooler (actually, mine has spent more time wrapped around me than it has around any horse I've owned).

Nothing like a sunny Texas winter day and a gathering of friends.

Becca
Jan. 19, 2001, 02:29 PM
Emiril is AWESOME!!!!!

I LOVE Squid and Octupus. Eel is a No. Sushimi is AWESOME.

snickers
Jan. 19, 2001, 04:44 PM
At 27 I think I am eligible for a least a spot on the railing. But just in case a spot has opened on the porch, I have brought my trusty air chair. Just need a spot to hang it from and let the gentle breeze start the sway.

I have even brought along mimosas for the crew on the veranda.

And my FAMOUS "Neiman Markus" cookies. They really are worth the effort of making dozens and dozens.

Annette

Robby Johnson
Jan. 19, 2001, 04:53 PM
(he says, as he comes swaggering up to the front porch)

What on Earth y'all doin' up on the porch?

Y'all got some iced tea? Heidi, slide on over and give me a spot on that porch swing. I gotta rest after gettin' these youngun's run off.

Whew. Lord.

I just came in from town. Y'all ain't even gone believe what I heard at the store ...

Regalmeans
Jan. 19, 2001, 07:25 PM
but it's just so cool /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif So Regal will reign supreme on the lawn (with Taffy) while my fellow step sitters and I curl up with the sushi, and cookies, and the vodka? cidar? Kelly are you supposed to bring the drinks or is Marion getting up off Steve's lap and buying them with her fake ID?

Hehe....bring on the big screen TV and the grand prix....

Sarah * AKA "Regal's Person"

Jan. 20, 2001, 11:11 AM
the shed where I store my KJ Chardonnay, and the various cases of reds!!!!! No shovels allowed on the lawn (in case you kids want to start digging into the "storage" shed). I'll make copies of the keys for those elders that are storing their favorite imbibements there as well. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

stop4
Jan. 20, 2001, 05:43 PM
I am pretty good with a lock....not to mention a sledge hammer... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Portia
Jan. 21, 2001, 12:20 PM
Robby, you and Jair are of course more than welcome on the Porch. Forgive us if the ladies make you boys do some of the heavy lifting.

Speaking of which, the still really should be moved out of the bathtub and into that building with Jamie Lynn's KJ Chardonney. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BobO
Jan. 21, 2001, 02:12 PM
Can I stop shoveling this white stuff (8") and come up on the porch? I used to have a rocker. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Portia
Jan. 21, 2001, 05:50 PM
BobO, you always have a rocker on the Porch! We depend on you to fill in for birthday entertainment when the Chippendales all get kidnapped by certain of our more, ummmm, vigorous Porchers.

As for the weather, I bet by now you're wishing you were back in Houston in August, with lovely 100 degree temps with 100% humidity! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif We've learned to enjoy the cold while we have it, though we don't have to deal with snow. There was a bit of ice on top of the mud puddles at the barn yesterday morning though. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BobO
Jan. 22, 2001, 11:51 AM
the porch doesn't seem the same w/o C2 and SEB.
Lets have some action down on the lawn there. Get those ponies working.

As for the weather , I'll take the snow to that 100+ degree and 100+ humidity in Texas.
I can dress for the snow, and take off layers when I warm up.

HSM
Jan. 22, 2001, 07:16 PM
Well this has turned into some shindig here girl! I mean, I go away for a few days (to hang out on a Florida beach, not to brag or anything.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ), and when I come back it's going strong!

BobO - good to see you! Know what you mean about the stupid snow - I'm quite ready for spring myself.

Glad to see everyone here on the porch....now, pass me some of that cider, would you? Or maybe a beer.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Just keepit away from the young un's.

BobO
Jan. 23, 2001, 10:39 AM
Another thing I miss here is action beer mugs and other items that move.
This site just does not have the feel of the old es porch. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Portia
Jan. 23, 2001, 11:23 AM
I understand what you mean, Bob, but C-2 and Seb have put in occasional appearances here. And how many times did we have to scream "kill the da** monkey!" over there? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HSM
Jan. 23, 2001, 06:34 PM
BobO said:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Another thing I miss here is action beer mugs and other items that move.
This site just does not have the feel of the old es porch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This board doesn't let me post all of the fun little graphics that used to spice up our porch parties so much! Remember the dancing Chippendales?! And as Portia mentioned - the monkey - my finest hour if I do say so myself!

I mean, the smilies are kind of fun /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
but maybe the admin. could come up with a way to post pics & graphics directly into the posts? *hint* *hint* /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Canter
Jan. 24, 2001, 08:47 AM
Portia, I don't think Jair's in any condition to do the heavy lifting...Robby's on his own - but isn't Robby more valuable as chief cook?? When it comes to food he's the man.

Cougar2
Jan. 24, 2001, 04:09 PM
Have a party and don't even invite ME? good gawd......hrumph........ I'll just sit in the corner keeping ALL the chippies to myself.... and wait for you all to apologize for ignoring me~

www.hollyhorse.com (http://www.hollyhorse.com)

Robby Johnson
Jan. 24, 2001, 04:42 PM
Hello, Canter? I'm the one with the Bowflex! LOL!

Dee
Jan. 24, 2001, 07:51 PM
Great idea, Portia! Could I join ya'll? Let me have a rocker, please, I'm old. Just give it a tip and get it started--I just wandered in from Lurkdom with a great bottle of Australian Merlot and a bag of Pepperidge Farm Cocolate Chunk cookies....I'm celebrating having just bought my dream horse colt! He's not black with a white mane and tail, but ya can't have everything...

Dee
Jan. 24, 2001, 07:51 PM
Great idea, Portia! Could I join ya'll? Let me have a rocker, please, I'm old. Just give it a tip and get it started--I just wandered in from Lurkdom with a great bottle of Australian Merlot and a bag of Pepperidge Farm Cocolate Chunk cookies....I'm celebrating having just bought my dream horse colt! He's not black with a white mane and tail, but ya can't have everything... /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Portia
Jan. 24, 2001, 08:04 PM
Dee, of course you're more than welcome. Tell us about the dream horse!

And excuse me, C-2kins, but I told you in my e-mail from last week that we were starting a party! You were just too interested in your vet. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

You're here now, along with all the others who have come by and are more than welcome to the party, and that's what's important. Soooo, tell us how Mr. Wubs is enjoying his new retirement home. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dee
Jan. 24, 2001, 08:28 PM
Well, (rocking and taking a sip of Merlot) he's an 18 month old ID Sporthorse--3/4 Irish Draught and 1/4 TB, bay, 16.1 already, and is just Mr. Personality. I figure by the time he's old enough for me to foxhunt, I'll just have to have somebody from the home just roll me up in my wheelchair and put me on him! I'm just in loooove. He's got the WB uglies, but my gosh, he's gorgeous to me....here, somebody take these cookies away from me before I founder!

BobO
Jan. 25, 2001, 02:02 PM
Nice of you to stop on by. This must be the riding season out in the desert. Do you have power? I heard that Calif is back to the stone age w/o electricity. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Portia
Jan. 25, 2001, 02:21 PM
That's right, BobO. They're all going to have to go back to the old ways, kerosene lanterns, cooking over camp fires, riding their ponies to work...

Cougar2
Jan. 25, 2001, 03:14 PM
Stone age is right..rolling black outs the whole nine yards. We are working right now under 'limited light' conditions, meaning if you have sunshine available to you, you have to work without your lights on. Sheez..it's ridiculous. At my barn we cannot use the arena lights and the horses emergency night lights are all turned off..LOL although the horses probably appreciate sleeping in the dark as opposed to with the lights on.

And it's RAINING...good gawd, suppposed to pour for the next 3 days. It only takes one good rain to flood the streets. I hate the rain..everything gets all mushy, unlike most of you we don't have the drainage for rain. But whatcha gonna do?..lol

As for riding season? you know it's riding season all year long! But the desert circuit is kicking off~

As for my absence? Just trying to get my rear end out of school....I should have done this when I was younger..LOL I have tripled my classes this semester to be done this Spring.

Wub has a new home which he seems to love, his paddock is huge and the dumba** has been standing out in the rain lately. Soaked horse. He's never had a paddock this big, nor one where he had a place to lay in the sun or stand in the rain. I forgot whether his Triple Crown jammies are water-proof, it gets soaked but he stays dry. Stupid horse just stands out there getting rained on. He adores to torture his pony-neighbor, which he does for the majority of the day. He has stopped weaving/rocking and paceing his stall, as a matter of fact I rarely get so much as a lip nicker when I walk up anymore..ungrateful rent-horse...LOL
And you my dear? how's stuff?

www.hollyhorse.com (http://www.hollyhorse.com)

HSM
Jan. 25, 2001, 06:35 PM
Oh - - my - - god!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Is it really you C2?? Well whaddya know! Glad to see you up here on the porch - so what did YOU bring for the party? /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Oh, and by the way.. I can vouch for Portia who certainly did invite you...and as she said, it seems you may have been a bit too, um, preoccupied to notice! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cougar2
Jan. 26, 2001, 09:26 AM
I don't have to bring anything baby, I MADE the porch...LOL..Wayyyy back in 97. In one of my steller attempts to slam the illustrius Schoolmarm many years ago, and I must admit I did a good job! I used to tease her about being from the 'ozark woods' of NJ living in her little run down boot leggin, moonshine producing hovel, shack, woodsy house..It was only until many months later did the rest of the gang upgrade her home, her porch to what it has become today.

Back in the days when it only had around 5 participants, even the little Kellybird, who is our original 'lawn-kid'.

It was Jain who was Moody way back when who brought the bailing twine! JOH who added the manure sculptures! Spotted Pony I believe brought the Cider (you all can correct me if I have that wrong) BobO just merely brought himself, although we did take better care of BobO and Geno, the brunt of our slams went to Mark and TK...
BUT for the record~ Not only did I Build the Porch, I also brought the Chippies~ and bringing the Chippies on there ponies? Well I think that's contribution to the party enough..LOLOL

AND where have YOU been? here I send a real nice Football picture to you all, and ya have not talked to me since *sniff* I thought you guys had a better sense of humor~ LOLOL *G*

HSM
Jan. 26, 2001, 02:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> AND where have YOU been? here I send a real nice Football picture to you all, and ya have not talked to me since *sniff* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, so who's NOT reading their email? Hmmm missy?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Didn't you get mine where I was bragging about my TWO FL trips?

Anyhoo, yes, I'd have to agree - as the designer and major organizer of the *original* porch, you are now absolved from having to bring anything else but yourself! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif