PDA

View Full Version : Hello NH!!!!

Wonder Why
Feb. 13, 2002, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone (all 6 or so of us). What is everyone doing with this freezing weather and lovely ice? I'm just a bit envious as my trainer and others are headed to Ocala for a couple of weeks of riding/showing in the sun. Who is riding right now, who isn't and any other news.

I am riding maybe twice a week if I can get the trailer safely out of the driveway (skating rink). My horses are fuzzy and unfit. I am however tack shopping to satisfy my desire to do something that has to do with riding. Getting measured for custom chaps (Christmas gift). Can't wait for them and the spring.

Let's hear what you are up to.

Wonder Why
Feb. 13, 2002, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone (all 6 or so of us). What is everyone doing with this freezing weather and lovely ice? I'm just a bit envious as my trainer and others are headed to Ocala for a couple of weeks of riding/showing in the sun. Who is riding right now, who isn't and any other news.

I am riding maybe twice a week if I can get the trailer safely out of the driveway (skating rink). My horses are fuzzy and unfit. I am however tack shopping to satisfy my desire to do something that has to do with riding. Getting measured for custom chaps (Christmas gift). Can't wait for them and the spring.

Let's hear what you are up to.

SAS
Feb. 13, 2002, 10:39 AM
This winter is just awful. Luckily, I have one of my horses down in Rhode Island in training. So, I try to get down there a couple of times a week and can at least ride in a freezing indoor - no ice or snow to worry about. However, I am trying to sell my other horse so I have had him home most of the winter. Right now he is down in Rhode Island too as I have a few people looking at him. I told my trainer he HAS to get him sold as I can't bring him home - his pasture is one huge skating rink. And, he is not exactly sensible when turned out. Counting the days until spring!!!!!!!

Dry Clean Only
Feb. 13, 2002, 11:07 AM
I haven't touched a horse in a couple of months!

Considering starting lessons in the spring, depends on my financial situation. Getting my fix talking to others and by reading this board!

Maybe someone wants to stuff me in a tack trunk for the trip down to Ocala? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I hear the new grounds are incredible!!

Dragoon
Feb. 13, 2002, 12:08 PM
With inflatable palm trees and beach balls!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

No, I'm really not. It is a good idea though, and considering everyone (yes, Wonder Why and I go to the same barn /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) is making like geese and flying south, the assistant trainer and I got a chuckle out of the "decoration" idea. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, right now Spencer and I are working on our jumping (we've suffered a couple minor setbacks), and staying home and playing. I hope to do some more shows when the Gang gets back...but for now we're just schooling with everyone else in the happy indoor.

Mel - Wendy looked great last time!!! How's the great white wonder, Tory, doing?

- **Co-Founder of the Everyone Thinks I'm A Pessimist Club**
- I'm workin' on it...

Britney
Feb. 13, 2002, 12:25 PM
Who is coming along fantastically! I am so proud of him. As much as I hate winter I'm fortunate enough to have an indoor which I would die without. But, I can't completely bash this winter.. It's been pretty mild. Aside from the everyday loss of all feeling from my ankles down(feels like your walking on stumps.. pleasant, really /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ) The ocassional freezing of the paddock hose and having to lug 5 gallon buckets to fill my horses tank, It's been super.

Although, I absolutely CAN NOT wait until the days when I can ride in the huge outdoor, just have to watch I dont get my white bell boots dirty /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I am so going to take advantage of summer. At this point I dont care how hot it gets, I'll just think about how fridgidly cold it is right now.

I'm actually starting the show season relatively early(for me anyway). Hopefully taking Aly to his first little 2-Phase at the end of April. Well, thats about it. And Lindsey, you will be so proud to hear that Aly did his first triple bounce over x-rails last night! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif All I can say is , So much Fun!!

Britney

*It's funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word
We are screaming inside, but we can't be heard*

second chance
Feb. 13, 2002, 12:25 PM
Just gotta love good 'Ol NH!

Yesterday was lets just say interesting. It was our night to do chores, there are exactaly 2 skating rinks out in the pastures, due to them being on a hill, everything was melting and then, bang, big freeze.

My horse has been really full of it... I was long lining her yesterday and we had a very naughty green horse brain fart....

Our indoor attaches to the barn aisle, well we decided that we were going to end working and go out there, but, it she was sort of panicy... for some reason.

She went backwards<backing up> from the indoor into the aisle and almost down the main aisle.... its sort of set up like a T.

Well, that was corrected and we didn't do it again... just after my dad left to go to DD<dunkin donuts> we had another stupid move.

Huge chunk of ice/snow fell off the indoor, we didn't know what to do withour self.... we went in circles making the lunge line go around her neck<have you ever seen a reining horse do a spin?> she was exactly like that.... hindfeet didn't move, just flew around with those front feet<sort of turning on the haunches but really fast>..

So, after we got untangled, I checked her all out and she was fine, I got on her and rode her, everything went really well.... shes now BENDING! which is a huge accomplishment... shes bending and going round and forward... I knew we could do more than 2 things at one time!

Oh and our BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT of the night was, we put a hay bale out in the indoor and we jumped it.... my horse has never jumped that type of thing....

first try, we went sailing over it!!! woohoo! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It was the wide way, which was around a 2ft wide.... then we flipped it up the tall way, 2 feet tall maybe.... then, she flew over it, we trotted it and then even cantered it, getting our distances everytime!

Lets just say, she is a very very very easy 4 year old to ride! Almost push button.... yet, you don't just sit there, she does make you work sometimes.... jumping is really smooth and not back jaring.

A little horse with huge movements!

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group <Part 2>

Wonder Why
Feb. 13, 2002, 12:26 PM
Dragoon, Torey is doing better. He saw the vet/chiro this past week and got adjusted. He is on three weeks of walk/trot and then Scott will come out again. He should be ready to start real work when Gretch gets back. I am coming down, barring bad weather, on Sat for a lesson on Wendy. She felt great. I plan to show her in the adult hunters and maybe a little hunter pleasure. I didn't get to see your horse go. It takes a while to get in tune with a new mount. I may try to get a lesson or two with Michelle while the others are in Fla.

Anyone else from NH here?
Who is an adult, who is a junior?
Tell us about your horse(s).
Tell us about you.

We need something to tide us over until spring!!!!

Britney
Feb. 13, 2002, 12:35 PM
Second Chance, I consider that a big accomplishment! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif My horse just started jumping and hasn't really been exposed to many types of jumps yet, different colored rails and a flower box pretty much narrows it down. So, let's just say his confidence isn't quite all there yet, and to say the least, he would freak if we ever even brought a hay bale into the ring. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Britney

second chance
Feb. 13, 2002, 12:47 PM
Britney-

You can call me Nellie not Second chance... it's much easier to type...

Thanks, well,I have been blessed with an abnormally sane 4 year old, show me a horse whose first horse show she could care less, although we did neigh quite a bit in our dressage test... hopefully we can event later.

I tested the waters in Hunters and dabbled in 2 phases this past year, now, we will attempt to introduce scary jumps.... although we jump liverpools, fake logs, verticles, x-rails, small oxers, gymnastics.... never stops unless I stop riding.... even then its just like "woah, you were not riding, pay attention then lets go!!!"

Do you have AIM or anything like that? Linds and me are just curious..... If you do, instant message me at Ievent2 or Drifterssandybar

Dry Clean Only
Feb. 13, 2002, 12:49 PM
Why is it that I feel the need to order a new show coat, knowing that the chances of me actually riding a horse, never mind going to a show, are very slim at this point? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

:Sigh: I have the most lovely outfit envisioned, I just have to get over my paranoia riding in public and get on a horse again finally /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see Wendy! I remember her as a real green bean when I was just a little walk-trot rider - in fact I think you two are in the background of pictures of my first show at good old Pony Farm /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dragoon
Feb. 13, 2002, 12:50 PM
That is wonderful for everyone! Good news all around /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

Britney - I love your horse...he's just too cute. Sounds like he's doing GREAT!!! Invite me over sometime to see him, you, Amy, Dee Dee....the gang /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . You need to come and meet Spencer too.

Nellie - Horray!! I want to see your mare out there this summer....she's gorgeous enough /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

And Mel - that's great he's feeling better. I'll probably be out on Saturday to school Spencer anyway.
As far as Spencer's going - here's a real UPDATE:

We've learned how to bend /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . He's been doing stretches to help his stiff and locked neck, and he's really getting more supple. Lots and lots of lengthening/shortening exercises with serpentines. That program works wonders. He's light(er) now, we've put him in a myler that just floats his boat. Jumping at home has hit a high note, as in we actually DID it last week. Even that 3' stone wall with a bench and a rail on top...he was brilliant. Flying changes too!!! Very, Very happy with him.
As for the Mt. Holyoke show, he was wonderful in the schooling ring - he looked and felt like he'd done this forever. Balanced, bending (I daresay on the bit), and jumping well, even over coolers. However, we had a problem in the show ring. We were eliminated both rounds (though we got further in the second /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ). He DID jump the liverpool, though! First try, no stops. I was fed up at that point and actually rode him. Funny how sitting down and going makes a difference /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

Until next time....

- I'm workin' on it...

Dragoon
Feb. 13, 2002, 12:53 PM
*BUMB Lexi /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif*

- I'm workin' on it...

Britney
Feb. 13, 2002, 01:10 PM
Awww Guys I'm really feeling the love in this group /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Nellie- Your mare sounds great! With the she sounds like she goes she has to be part draft or something. She isn't is she? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'd love to ride such a brave 4 year old. Well, my AIM situation is a different one.. technically I have it, because I have a Screename and used it for ridiculous amounts of time when I had it here at my house.. But, I've since been banned from it here and can only go on at friend's houses so I'm on periodically during the weekends. I think I'm going to attempt to ask for it back, but in the meantime I will definately add you to my Buddy List.

Linds- Don't worry, I already have you on there /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I seriously want to come up to your place sometime! Spencer is the cutest thing.. It sounds like you guys really are coming along nicely. As for Aly, yes, he is adorable.. I call him my little chico because he has this fire engine red cooler that just makes him look like he really needs a sombraro to match. My mom was so excited because he's actually gained a whole 30 lbs. since the last time we weighed him, so hopefully it's the corn oil that I've started adding thats putting the weight on.. Atleast it hasn't made him any nuttier /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And just give me a free time and you should seriously come up and visit. Dee Dee and her friend Kristi from school are out most often on Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat. Riding. Amy usually rides or free lunges Geeves, Dee Dee rides Porky(who she loves) and Miles, and Kristi lunges/rides Presley. Maybe you could even hop on Miles, I'm sure Dee Dee wouldn't mind a break from him /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Britney

second chance
Feb. 13, 2002, 01:19 PM
britney- Nope almost 100% qh, although she does have appendix in her /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif technically, Paint though, Black and white to be exact. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wonder Why
Feb. 14, 2002, 05:31 AM
It's nice to hear from everyone. Is there anyone else from NH out there?

Lexi, I can sympathize with the desire for a new show outfit, even if you don't think you are going to show in the near future. It's like having a safety net of some sort because you might show. Why the nervousness for riding in public? You used to just go for it. Remember, it generally feels worse than it looks. You just need to find a good situation so you can ride more. I didn't ride for 7 years during and after college. I didn't have regular rides before that either, just some lessons when I could afford them. Even if you have to end up waiting till college is over before you are really able to get back into it, you can still get back out there!!!!!! You don't forget how to ride, you just get a bit rusty.

I am excited with how well Wendy is doing. She is better if I don't show her a lot or school jumps often. Lots of flat work to stay fit and an occassional school over fences is all she needs.

Have to get to work, the kids are coming in.

Lisa Cook
Feb. 14, 2002, 05:39 AM
I'm here in New Hampshire...very fortunate to have an indoor ring, so I've been able to ride several times a week.

I have a 9 year old TB that I event, hunter pace, foxhunt, and generally have a lot of fun with!

One big sanity saver for both us: we go over to Hampton Beach every other week and go for some nice gallops. It makes endless circles in the indoor a little bit more bearable, plus it is a nice release for all of that pent-up energy! :-)

867-5309
Feb. 14, 2002, 07:15 AM
Have a h/j & eventing past with friends and connections still around (was at WEF for a week last year and boy does that sound tempting right now), but currently teach a lesson program of saddleseat equitation students at a competitive show barn here.

This week has been the hardest week all winter w/the ice, wind and the temps. Teaching 50 lessons a week with the wind blowing & no turnout because of the skating rink pastures is tough on the horses, forget about me!

Keep me in on NH clique activites!

"Lighten up, Francis."
Sgt Hulka- Stripes

second chance
Feb. 14, 2002, 07:23 AM
its official, NH winters suck! well, you already knew that.... duh /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I went out to the truck this morning and the first breath of cold air, man, it killed my lungs, thy are semi frozen after one breath.... I can't imagine what it feels like up in Canada about now.

well, back to web page design now.... after a long 3 pg. quiz...

Dry Clean Only
Feb. 14, 2002, 08:29 AM
Yeah Linds! I'm glad Spencer is doing well, I told you it would be gerat for you guys to go to AKF full time!

I'm just in a weird place, going from being at a barn where I pretty much had free rein (LOL what a great pun /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ) and could ride whatever horse whenever I wanted, to not being really with a barn at all. I was definitely spoiled in some ways as a junior. Now things are a heck of a lot different and I can't just go and ride anymore (I found this out the hard way /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ) Oh well!

Once I figure out when/where/if I am moving out of my house I will have a better idea of if I can afford to ride. Everyone cross your toes for me!

I will have to at least come watch at some shows, to see how all of your guys are doing! I don't think I evn went to watch a single horse show this past year! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Wonder Why
Feb. 14, 2002, 08:56 AM
With "Sunny" and Lisa Cook it brings our NH numbers up to 8!!!!!!!!

As many of you in NH know, I am an adult with two horses that I keep at home. I have a(gasp) grey Arab gelding, Torey, that I have do the jumpers and dressage with and have done eq. with in the past. I also have a TBx buckskin mare, Wendy aka. "Wonder Why", that I use mainly for hunters and previously, eq. I am planning on not doing anymore eq. Yeah!!!

Lisa Cook, I think I met you many years ago at your barn. I was trying a horse for a young girl. The horse was a grey TB named "Sully". He was at your barn to be sold and I don't think he was part of your regular program. Do you remember this?

It is interesting to hear what everyone is doing. Keep the posts coming.

Dragoon
Feb. 14, 2002, 09:05 AM
SAS, Lisa, and SunnySTRH, where are you guys from? Where do you ride?

Nice to see the NH Clique growing! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lex - come out and ride the Big Brown Cow sometime for fun!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

- I'm workin' on it...

baymare
Feb. 14, 2002, 10:36 AM
No, I don't live in NH, but I can see it from here. And all this talk of frozen pastures and woolly-mammoth type equines makes me feel drawn to this group!

My horses have been in the barn all week due to the incredible ice in my paddocks. I won't even use the one LEVEL paddock, it is so bad. I have bruises all over from falling down so much! I have even considered driving my car to the barn, even though it is only about 100 feet from my house, just because I am so sick of falling down!

The good news is that our indoor is up and useable, and we love it. I am having lots of fantasies about showing next summer. Do any of you come to the shows at GMHA? We could have a "Northern New England" COTH BB get-together sometime this summer!

Britney
Feb. 14, 2002, 11:10 AM
Hey Baymare, I think I probably speak for all entire 8 of us when I say your welcome to our group. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I totally support a Northern New England BB get together! As far as GMHA, I think Nellie has been there, or maybe that was Huntington. I will probably be at Huntington next year with my new guy. Do you come to any shows down here? Do you do Hunters,Jumpers, Event? I event personally, But I do enjoy the company of all my Hunter friends and happily attend shows with them. Well, let us know more about you.

Britney

*When the friends are gone
When the party's over
We'll still belong
To each other*-Shakira

Wonder Why
Feb. 14, 2002, 11:49 AM
Baymare,

You are certainly welcome to crash our party.
Yes, I showed at GMHA once last summer and really enjoyed it. It was the Spectrum Series and I plan to show there again this summer, probably more than once as it is less than two hours from my house. The course were nice and the prizes were great.
It would be fun to meet people from the board. I only know a couple from here. I ride with the same trainer as Dragoon and have known Dry Clean Only for ages.

You are so lucky to have an indoor! My plan, a large dome over my entire property. It's only 4 acres so I don't think that is asking too much!!

Wonder Why
Feb. 14, 2002, 12:31 PM
Have a great week all, school vacation is next week so I will be away from my computer and will not be viewing or posting tommorrow. Stay warm!!

second chance
Feb. 14, 2002, 12:35 PM
Wonder Why- YOU ARE SOOOOO LUCKY! our vacation starts the week after next.... thank God.... my brain is going to go on overload and hopefully not autopilot.
------*********--------*******-------********-----
I have shown at GMHA and Huntington as well as ridden with Denny Emerson, I did an event at Vershire Riding School and have been to Hitching Post....

I did go to Spectrum but didn't ride, just went up to watch Becca, Heather(her sister)and our friend Tara....

==================================================

I'm considered a Junior in the HJ world.... I have been riding since I was 2, which is 14years but 10 years with lessons.

My current horse is a 15.2(at withers) and maybe 16h(at rump) 4 year old paint mare.....

I have owned her since December 2nd of 2000.

I showed her at our barn this summer at the jumper shows, and 2 phases....

--------------------------------------------------

I live like 10-15min. from AKF, but I board my horse at DCF<double clear farm> in Warner.... primarily an event barn, but Becca and her mom were running it last summer and had some hunter shows there.

I'm a sophomore in H.S. but can't wait to graduate.... it will not come early enough.

and the Northern New England Get to gether sounds so much fun! we'll have to try to do something... I'm tired of hearing about the Mosby's<sp?> get together and all of us up here in the frigid cold are stuck well, up here with snow, wind and ice...

~Nellie~

baymare
Feb. 14, 2002, 12:58 PM
but I would be glad to be adopted.

We live in Springfield, VT. It is just across the Conn. River from Charleston, NH; about 10 miles from Claremont and an hour or so from Keene.

My husband and I are just putting into effect our lifelong dream of having our own mom-and-pop, friendly lesson-type barn. We met when I was teaching at the Dartmouth College barn in the early eighties and he was working in the barn, so we do have some NH roots!

At the moment we have Willa, the original baymare, a 22-yr old Appendix QH. I have shown her hunters and evented up through Training level with her, and now my husband does adult jumpers with her. As a matter of fact, they won the mini-Prix at the Spectrum show last summer. Imagine, coming home from a horse show with money in your pocket, more than enough to take the whole family to the creemee stand on the way home!! They do have creemees in NH, right?

We also have Izzy, a seriously fun and fat Morgan mare who I want to show over fences this summer and would LOVE to event; and Bix, an 11 yr old Hanoverian who is trying to make the transition from dressage to jumping. He is very talented and very cool, and I really hope he works out.

Rounding out the farm are my lesson horses, Cookie Monster, a super duper large pony who has done lots of hunter stuff and maybe will come to some shows if I get a short stirrup rider or two; and Fleur, your basic solid citizen pink appaloosa school horse.

We have 12 yr old twin boys who "sorta" ride (what is it with boys??), two dogs, and three cats.

I hope to meet some of you this summer! Years ago two of my favorite shows were the Lancaster and Deerfield Fair shows... Do they still exist??

Dragoon
Feb. 14, 2002, 04:48 PM
Consider yourself the first honorary member of the NH Clique!! Welcome, welcome /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . Yes, Deerfield and Lancaster exist....I live near the Deefield grounds. Great fair /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif .

And yes again....I've been to GMHA (the Spectrum Series with Wonder Why) and it was the most fun I had had all summer. The GMHA youth center is absolutely GORGEOUS!

I live in a "neat" (haha Britney) town southeast of Concord. I ride at the same barn as Wonder Why, and have a Hanoverian/TB gelding named Spencer, who is my Soon-to-be Eq horse....maybe jumper /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . He's just cute.

- I'm workin' on it...

second chance
Feb. 14, 2002, 06:34 PM
I went to the Deerfield Fair this year..... but to watch, really way to busy for my horse.

However, I'm involved with 4-H<gasp!> /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif I did do a 3 day show there, we have had several hiarious moments there with our county.....

one time my tb<17 hand chestnut> dug a hole in his stall<dirt bottom> there at the grounds, I go into the stall without looking down, I drop about 3 to 4 feet due to him being bored and rototilling<sp?> his stall... needless to say, the hole got filled back up and 2 bags of shavings just barely covered the mess he made...

This year, just before getting tacked up, my horse decides to lay down, basically before a huge class, I was running late as it was.... lol... what a time.

It was scored with the danish system<100-90 Blue, 80-89 Red, 70-79 white>

we walked away with 3 blues and a red... darn hunter under saddle.... we can't always be perfect! well, I think its pretty good for a 3 year old<at the time> to maintain a level head with never in her life seeing bleechers or being to a huge fair grounds.... pretty good.

well, welcome to the NH clique Baymare.... technically it should be Northern New England Clique.

LemmyNH
Feb. 14, 2002, 07:31 PM
Hi all. I'm from cold NH as well, have lived here all my life. I have known SunnySTRH for years and ride at the same barn as Dragoon (although I don't know if she would know who I am!). I just bought my first horse, a 13 year old TB named Arnold, and I'm having a blast! I hope to do some jumper shows and maybe a little bit of eq in the summer. My fiance and I are in the process of buying 75 acres of land where we'll build our dream house and barn. Hopefully that will happen by the end of the summer or early fall. In the meantime, I'll enjoy riding in the indoor for the remainder of the winter!

Dragoon
Feb. 15, 2002, 03:54 AM
Am I right?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I LOVE Arnold....quite possibly the most adorable boy in the barn /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . We have a lot of fun at Apple Knoll, hun /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board, and have a lot of fun! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Linds /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

- I'm workin' on it...

Lisa Cook
Feb. 15, 2002, 06:50 AM
I've ridden at GMHA & Huntington both...love GMHA, in particular!

Wonder Why - I don't have students or train horsess - just a plain ole amateur with 1 horse -so I'm afraid that I'm not the person you are thinking of in regards to the gray horse, Sully.

I'm thinking of going to the Apple Knoll Farm in Millis, Mass (not Gretchen's!) for a schooling jumper show this Sunday. They have a heated indoor, which is the only way to show in the winter! :-) Anyone else going?

Remi and me
Feb. 15, 2002, 06:55 AM
I live in VT too - on the Conn river and I work in Littleton. My husband and I are very seriously considering moving to NH next year when youngest child is graduated from high school. I currently board at a lovely facility near by my home. I have a 6 year old Canadian TB (who I am beginning to think is really a Standardbred) Unfortunately my horse got a little injury at the end of December (a nasty cut on the face) that has kept me off him until this weekend I hope!) I would like to go in the jumper division (eventually) but this horse hasn't told me yet what he will actually be suitable for (read as - I don't know what I'm doing yet.)I am hoping to find horsey property so I can bring him home at least for part of the year - I've always had a horse or two at home and I miss that! Well, thanks for letting me go on about us. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

867-5309
Feb. 15, 2002, 09:21 AM
LemmyNH: WELCOME! Congrats on Arnold, he is THE cutest. About time you began posting.

Dragoon: Ask LemmyNH for my dossier. :--) I've been out to Gretchen's & know her a bit. Our barn helped her at Deerfield this year a Nat'l Show Horse Gretchen rode, if that is a hint.....

I am IN LOVE with Hayley's pony. (Arnold's next door neighbor)that pony was trotting round at LANCASTER FAIR (baymare) -ears pricked fwd with Hayley riding on the buckle and sightseeing at the yeehawing other kids horses and didn't get a ribbon. Our trainer in his accent said "The Yudge has no heart."

We should get together for Attitash if it happens or one of the VT grand prix. Or for a cabin fever expedition we could do a dinner gathering. I've been to Moseby's, and the Common Man is a good NH substitute.

"Lighten up, Francis."
Sgt Hulka- Stripes

Dry Clean Only
Feb. 15, 2002, 10:36 AM
Wow! We have a whole group now!

For those who don't know me my name is Lexi, and I have been kicking around the NH hunter scene for about 10 years now. I was going to UNH but am taking some time off. Me and Dragoon grew up at the same barn, and even learned to ride on the same Morab pony!

I'm not currently riding anywhere, since I know as soon as I start taking lessons I will want to start showing, and it will all escalate and before I know it I will have no money and the bank will be coming for my car!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I think it would be great if we could all meet up for Attitash or one of the VT shows! Even if I'm not riding I still love going to shows.

LiLy101
Feb. 15, 2002, 01:20 PM
is anyone here located near enfield NH???????

second chance
Feb. 15, 2002, 04:01 PM
our barn is about 45-55 min from Enfield... closest to Sunapee<sp?>/Lakes Region.

LemmyNH
Feb. 15, 2002, 04:58 PM
Dragoon and SunnySTRH, thank you for the compliments on Arnold! I feel like a proud parent and of coure I think he is pretty adorable. I'm looking forward to riding this weekend, hopefully the weather will be mild. I'm sick of being cold!

husgurl
Feb. 15, 2002, 05:15 PM
actually, north ! i'm in Milan NH, really small place but i love it !

my show mare is at my trainer for another 2 months so i'm taking it easy this winter ! my other horsies are just enjoying themselves.

well, let me introduce myself...

i show in hunter under saddle

i own a 4 y.o. mare appendix-qh that i will be showing again this season. she's 16hh, dappled grey, really long legged, super fancy and flashy, if you wanna see her daddy, go on www.skysblueboy.com (http://www.skysblueboy.com)

i also own a 8 y.o. hanoverian-tb, 16.1hh, dappled grey also, really flashy, great disposition, never shown him yet but will eventually...

plus a 4 y.o. appendix-qh stallion (will gueld him in a few months), 16hh, bay, would have been a really nice HUS prospect but he had a bad accident as a yierling and is lame but will try some stuff with him this spring to see if we can fix this...

hubby owns a qh mare (reining) and a yierling from that mare too...

we have a little girl (abigael, she's 28 months old) and she has her own pony (somebody gave it to us) and old mare (around 25 y.o) and really well trained.

we also own an old english sheep dog named Julio and he's 7 y.o. and a bernese mountain dog named Charlotte and she's 7 months old plus a cat Felix about 9 months old...

ok, i've bored you all enough now...

by the way, i'm french so you'll have to excuse my english a little...

second chance
Feb. 15, 2002, 05:19 PM
Husgirl-

Oh my, I have relatives up in Milan, well "Dummer".... lol.... cool, it is a small place up there with PLENTY of wild life.... one of my relatives up there has horses, well, 2 of them. One is a farrier<used to shoe a lot of horses, but now works for the Highway department>

send me an email and we'll have to chat!

Britney
Feb. 15, 2002, 05:47 PM
geez guys.. Alot has happended since I last posted.. I actually feel really really horrible right now because I just found out about Ascan /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It's just absolutely horrible Linds. Well, I'm excited our group is becoming so popular! I think getting together at Attitash(If it happens /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ) or one of VT shows would be so cool.. Since, I haven't formally introduced myself to a few of you, let me tell you a little.

Well, I used to ride and I go to school with Dragoon, and have talked to Dry Clean Only a bit. I too live in the same "neat" town south east of Concord..huh.. it certainly is a different one. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I am a Sophomore in High School. 6 months ago I bought my first horse. He is a 6 yr. old, 17h, OTTB. He only raced twice. I am having the best time of my life training him. He has come so incredibly far and has a very good( sometimes nutty) head on his shoulders. I will probably test the tiny little schooling jumpers and two phases for the most part this summer but I eventually want to take him Preliminary in Eventing and Go to both of out First One Star. Grr.. I always seem to manage to say alot more than I mean to. Oh well, I'm just a bit chatty. Well, welcome all the newcomers!!

Britney

Hey Linds, We came in SECOND! YEAH! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

When the party's over
We'll still belong
To each other*-Shakira

Britney
Feb. 15, 2002, 05:49 PM
Oh I forgot! Hey Nellie, you ARE at Double Clear! Thats so cool. I have planned to do like all of your Jumper and Two-Phases there. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif They sound really nice.

Britney

When the party's over
We'll still belong
To each other*-Shakira

Dragoon
Feb. 15, 2002, 07:30 PM
Check out all the NH people! We are a dedicated bunch! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
SunnySTRH....I'm thinking and thinking, but I can't come up with your identity! Then again, I completely blanked on my Anatomy exam today too...it's just not a good day for the ole' cerebral cortex /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif .
Laurie - belated congrats on Arnold! You two always look spectacular together /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . You guys can come and play with us at the shows!

Quick Spencer Update: He completely saved my butt yesterday! We felt pretty good on the flat, a little forward and down, but decent. But jumping - he completely redeemed himself for the stopping last weekend! We had to do a one-stide hard bending left to the wall (on the corner) bending left again to a narrow gate....wow what a turn! He was great over fences all day - he's really getting there /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Britney - We're still kicking your butt!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I love Sondra and Sam....that whole crew cracks me up /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

And Ascan...I found out yesterday when he wasn't in his stall and I saw the note on the door: "I would gladly listen to him kick his door if he would just come back." /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif At that point I figured it was one of two things. Gretch and Michelle confirmed it later. I really cried when Gretch hugged me - then it really hit home he was gone /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif .
I feel so bad for Gilly....I wrote a poem about Ascan and gave her a call, and I'm hopefully going to get to drop off my card to her tomorrow (he was leaving for FL on Sunday).

- I'm workin' on it...

Britney
Feb. 15, 2002, 07:44 PM
I know.. I seriously cannot comprehend what Gilly must be going through.. I can't imagine being able to bring him back to Gretch's to be buried. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I felt evem worse when I heard they were supposed to be going to FL on Sunday. I just really can't function well when things like this happen.. It's so nerve wracking to me to have to try and imagine how someone would have to go through this.. He certainly was a beautiful boy. Ughh, I almost want to cry. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I felt just like this when I heard that Jess's Alex died last month. It's just too heart-breaking. They shouldn't have to go through this.

Britney

When the party's over
We'll still belong
To each other*-Shakira

Dragoon
Feb. 15, 2002, 07:48 PM
Jess and I got together tonight (she may be purchasing that 3rd horse of mine...gasp! lol) and had a long discussion about loss. She is still devastated over Alex, and I can imagine why. I'll tell you the WHOLE story if we get together over the vacation. It's very tragic.

Everybody's sad about Ascan - he was probably the last horse on earth I expected to go down. He was the most beautiful animal and the best ride...he'll be sadly missed /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif .

- I'm workin' on it...

LiLy101
Feb. 15, 2002, 08:27 PM
anyone know of a stable called First Choice Riding Academy?

Dragoon
Feb. 15, 2002, 08:30 PM
Nope, sorry /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

*In Loving Memory of Ascan (1993-2002) - "Fly upon angel's wings"*
- I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn.

Britney
Feb. 16, 2002, 03:56 PM
Ugh..God.. I just can't feel anything but horrible for anyone who has to go through that. I felt so bad today because Amy was trying Gilly's Pessoa( she rode Aly in it ) Because she said Gilly wanted to get rid of it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I can't imagine being able to talk to Jess about Alex, it must have been so hard. Well, I'll be at the barn probably three days this week during the day and probably the other two later on. I have to ride Aly the Vampire during the day when the sun is shining through the indoor.( He's such a fruit, the sunlight scares him and he gets pissed that he can hear the other horses outside.) So, just um, let me know what your schedule is going to be like when you find out. Maybe by the end of the week I can come up and visit Spence too.

Britney

When the party's over
We'll still belong
To each other*-Shakira

second chance
Feb. 16, 2002, 07:06 PM
I have heard of First Choice Riding Acadamy<sp?>... why? They came to our jumper shows...

Britney- Yes, I DO board at DCF, its a nice barn, not to classy but, suitable for what we need /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Linds & Britney-

I'm sorry to hear of Ascan.... even though I don't know all the info, its a great loss.... a very pretty horse too.

LemmyNH
Feb. 16, 2002, 07:28 PM
Very sad about Ascan. I have yet to formally meet Gilly and only saw her ride once, but Ascan seemed like a total character! Gerry (my fiance) loved him. The first time Gerry came to the barn to meet Arnold, Ascan was out in the field and when Gerry walked over to the edge of the field, Ascan came cantering over and Gerry was amazed at how big he was and how the ground shook!

Dragoon, thank you so much for the compliments on Arnold. We certainly try hard! Congrats on doing the one stride line, to the stone wall to the bending line successfully. We jumped that on Thursday and did some cowboying to get through it but it was fun!

Husgirl, one of my best friends grew up in Milan, what a small world!

For those of you who rode today, I hope you enjoyed the warm weather, I know I did! Can't wait for spring...

LiLy101
Feb. 16, 2002, 07:34 PM
second chance: I sold my old large pony to them and I was just wondering how she was doing

second chance
Feb. 17, 2002, 07:05 AM
after being to lazy lastnight to even think about posting /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

well, heres what we accomplished yesterday.

We did gymnastics yesterday with out tripping/falling down and forgetting to jump.... ah, were so talented! LOL.

we had 3 bounces in a row to a one stride then we ran out of room so we had to halt...

not doing it with the "Hunter" look, ie: legs tucked and square.... they were about 18" and maybe one was close to 2ft.

but, man what a reality check to let go of her and release....

It was fun!

oh and if you have time read my topic: Hacking/conditioning what would you do?

if you want to see how our first hacking expedition went yesterday ie: DANGEROUS!

~Nellie~

Dragoon
Feb. 17, 2002, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LemmyNH:

Dragoon, thank you so much for the compliments on Arnold. We certainly try hard! Congrats on doing the one stride line, to the stone wall to the bending line successfully. We jumped that on Thursday and did some cowboying to get through it but it was fun!

...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cowboying....that's totally what it was!! BIG horse, little turn....it took a couple of times for us too /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif .

And you two are a great couple! I've decided that everyone who's staying home from HITS is going to have a beach party in the indoor /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . Tee hee.

Britney
Feb. 18, 2002, 05:03 PM
Hey Guys,

You'll be excited to know I finally have a jumping pic of Aly. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ( Yeah Linds!) It is part o the triple bounce we were doing last tuesday. He looks so cute!

Britney

When the party's over
We'll still belong
To each other*-Shakira

In Memory of Ascan, 1993-2002.

second chance
Feb. 18, 2002, 05:44 PM
awe /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Aly is cute! It must be the week/month for gymnastics! Gotta love those bounces... it corrects the horse and the rider /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Today, I went and splurged at Cactus City in Hampton....

heres what I got:

pair of new tall boots, I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO SEMI CUSTOMS!!!! Yeah for me /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Effingham<sp?> boots.

2 Pairs of bell boots, one hunter green<cheep ribbed ones, she gets scratches from Davis ones /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif > One pair of pull ons, white... man, lets see if houdini<sp?> can rip these/get them off... shes the queen of stepping on them/tearing them....

1 pair of Ariat paddock boots, lace ups, black.

1 "Tube" of whitening chalk, to see if it works, hopefully we can get rid of those aweful stains that I work hard on removing but, doesn't seem to budge/disappear /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

and a new helmet:

ATH, boy, I'm in love with it.... soooooooo comfy, fits my head too! I did look at a Troxel Grand Prix gold, but, even a xlarge dug into my forehead.... but didn't fit on the sides...
but, I love the ATH, not overly expensive, but did add a good amount to the bill.

1 pair of navy polo wraps... now just awaiting a yellow/marigold color.... can't find them anywhere! to complete our colors...

1 pair of SGS gloves<I never can find a pair that fit!>

and a huge bill.... my bank account is in shock... over $688, YIKES! No more buying anything, just need to have shoes done ONCE AGAIN... argh, I hate my horses feet, they grow like weeds! This week is #6.... not to bad, we squeezed out an extra week... now, need to get the courage up and call a farrier....

Does Anybody know of Patrick Culinane<sp?>? He was raised by the parents of my former farrier, the one in the fatal accident in December.... he thinks he knows me, so, it may just work out well.

well, enough of this...

~N~

Dragoon
Feb. 18, 2002, 05:49 PM
Horrayyy for Aly!!!!!!!!!! Britney, he looks SO GOOD! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif You guys are going to kick royal butt this year /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . And that's my official opinion /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif .

As for goods....nothing new, I wish I had money or I'd buy from Bevals...right now I'm working on a new hockey helmet and a Van Teal shirt /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif .
What do you guys think: Bright chestnut horse with lots of chrome, Navy jacket, Tailored Sportsmans (of course)....what color shirt?? Soft yellow or light grey?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I'm really in a toss-up here. LOL

Britney
Feb. 18, 2002, 06:55 PM
Definately the soft yellow! Thanks for the compliments on Aly guys, He's such a little chico! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Geez, Nellie, you certainly did splurge. I may go do the same at Dover on Thursday. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Hey Linds, what color shirt do you think would go well with the bright dapple bay boy and a navy herringbone jacket?

Britney

When the party's over
We'll still belong
To each other*-Shakira

Dragoon
Feb. 18, 2002, 08:15 PM
Anything but pink!! LOL
Actually, one of the girls at AKF had a bay/navy combo last year, and I have to say the pale yellow looked nice. You could always do light blue, or striped. Bays and navy are relatively easy to match! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kansaschester
Feb. 19, 2002, 08:22 AM
I am not exactly a resident of NH but spend a lot of time there because my parents live in Freedom (near Ossipee). I am looking for a barn to go to for lessons somewhere near us or even in Northern Massachusetts. We show mostly hunters and some jumpers on the A circuit in the St Louis area. Any suggestions?

Dragoon
Feb. 19, 2002, 08:56 AM
If you're up in Ossippee, but are willing to travel to Northern Mass, there are a few barns to check out. You could probably come to my barn! Gretchen Anderson of Apple Knoll Farm in New Boston, NH (where I am) has a wonderful program and does A's in MA and VT. It's a distance from up north, but there aren't many quality barns up there. You'd have to travel a ways anyway. She's in FL now at HITS for a few weeks. Give me an email if you want to know more /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

~Linds

EqRider13@aol.com

867-5309
Feb. 19, 2002, 09:21 AM
And where is his place?

"Lighten up, Francis."
Sgt Hulka- Stripes

Dry Clean Only
Feb. 19, 2002, 09:41 AM
Sunny - Silva's place is on rt107 in Deerfield. Before he moved in it was really really run down, he seems to have improved it from what I hear. Have never experienced them personally. I am just automatically suspicious of any horsey 'pro' that moves their operation to NH. It is a nice area but not exactly horse central, ya know? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I can't believe that something happened to Ascan! One of you will have to get in touch and fill me on on what happened. Poor Gilly, it sounds like was really 'going places' with that horse. Not to mention how entertaining he was!

Aly looks like a real cutey pie Brit! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

867-5309
Feb. 19, 2002, 10:20 AM
Sunny with a name change, it was just time....

Thanks DCO, is it the one past teh fairgrounds on the left? Indoor w/stalls attached? Hmm, interesting.

-Heard about Ascan what a tragedy.
-Kansas: Gretchen's for the adults (under 1 hr from the lake), Pony Farm in Temple-(2 hrs from lake)-GREAT adult and child camps/weekends- for the kids are recommended.
-Lemmy got pix of Arnold yet? Post!

Dragoon
Feb. 19, 2002, 10:54 AM
Sunny, I still can't picture you, LOL. I need more clues.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hilary
Feb. 19, 2002, 11:20 AM
Me too - I'm kind of late to the party but I don't post much on the H/J board - I'm an eventer through & through and it's foreign territory over here!

I live in Concord with my 3 horses (past, present & future eventers) and don't have an indoor so the only progress we've made since December is in the hoof growth dept. Since he's a big TB I guess that's important....

I've met Nellie up at DCF - that's the closest indoor so I come up to use it in the early spring sometimes (in fact that was me a couple of weeks ago on that little bratty bay horse who spooked at Sandy - seems he's never seen a paint before) but I'm afraid I don't think I've met anyone else.

Hilary

Dry Clean Only
Feb. 19, 2002, 11:54 AM
Nope its not the one after the fairgrounds - it is was before them actually, and sits really really close to the road with some beat up looking buildings around it. If you are headed towards the fairgrounds on 107 from rt4 it is on your right. The one I think you are thinking about is White Picket Farm, which is the big white place before the turn to 101.

Ugh - I am seriously deprived of horses right now, and lovely warm days like today are depressing!! If anyone needs someone to play with their horses with them call me!!! I am dying here! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

second chance
Feb. 19, 2002, 12:02 PM
the barn on the way to Deerfield is White Picket farm, if I'm not mistaken......

LOL.... Hilary- it just made for a more interesting ride hehe.... not to mention 2 colored horses and a plain bay.... arena full of color!

the Silva's place is in deerfield, Sons of the wind farm... I think....

Britney
Feb. 19, 2002, 04:25 PM
I have to say I definately was thinking of the light blue.. I think I wanna stick with either solid or maybe windowpane or plaid. I was kind of leaning toward like a lavender..seems like it would work. Can you tell I'm not good at this? Hey, are you going to the Rochester Rotary Cub show thingy?

Britney

When the party's over
We'll still belong
To each other*-Shakira

LemmyNH
Feb. 19, 2002, 04:35 PM
Sunny, why did you change your name? You threw me for a loop until I saw your "lighten up Francis" quote. As for pictures of Arnold, I'm working on it! I took some a few weeks ago and should be getting them back shortly. No action photos, just him standing in the crossties. The pictures are not very flattering. I contacted the Jockey Club to get a copy of his pedigree, very interesting, he has some famous thoroughbreds in his bloodlines! I didn't ride tonight but went to the barn to trim Arnold's mane. He won't allow it to be pulled so I bought one of those things, I think it is called the "manemaster" or something like that, and it worked great! He looks very handsome! I did his whole mane in about 20 minutes and he stood still! That is it for me tonight, I'm going to go do something fun, like my taxes, yuck!

Britney
Feb. 19, 2002, 06:14 PM
Hey Thanks Lexi! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif He is doing extremely well.

Britney

When the party's over
We'll still belong
To each other*-Shakira

Dragoon
Feb. 19, 2002, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlyingChange824:
I have to say I definately was thinking of the light blue.. I think I wanna stick with either solid or maybe windowpane or plaid. I was kind of leaning toward like a lavender..seems like it would work. Can you tell I'm not good at this? Hey, are you going to the Rochester Rotary Cub show thingy?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love our little fashion discussion over here....these clique threads really are like little social gatherings! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Lavender...hmm....if it's a nice, pale lavender, then I think it would probably work with a navy blue coat /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . Worst comes to worst, light blue will ALWAYS be fashionable....to be honest, I like the navy, light blue, bay combo /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif .

Alexis!!! Come with me to the barn if you're so deprived! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wonder Why
Feb. 25, 2002, 05:47 AM
Hi everyone, just back to work and my computer from vacation.
There are so many of us now. Who'd have thought?
Went with my friend on a shopping spree (tack stores). Got measured for custom chaps, black with green and "bone" trim. I got a fancy silver buckle to dress them up a bit. We went to Dover and State Line that day also. Lots of fun!!!!!

Ascam died from ulcers perforating his stomache. I found out the Sat. after he died because I was at the barn and noticed that Sherri was on Calvin and Michelle asked Gretchen how Gillian had looked on him. I was a bit confused and asked Michelle about Ascam and she told me what happened. So sad.

I hope that the gang in Fla. is having a great time and being successful.

I spent yesterday riding my mare up and down my driveway. What a thrill, where is spring? Soon I hope.

Wonder Why
Feb. 25, 2002, 09:45 AM
I just checked some of the results for last week in Ocala. Gwen, Gretchen and Janelle have recieved ribbons. I couldn't go throught the entire site, took too much time.

Dry Clean Only
Feb. 25, 2002, 12:02 PM
Good job AKF girls! I hope they are all having a blast in Florida!

Becca
Feb. 25, 2002, 01:16 PM
Ok...the party can start /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So I am horrifyingly slow- SORRY!!! You have No idea how hectic life is!! Every time I think its slowing down, things just get more and more crazy...

Very sad about Ascan:( He was a beautiful boy.

Losing a horse is one of the hardest things in the entire world.

Just to quickly brief you guys who do not know me in on who I am, I'm Becca. I live in Bradford, and have about 490 horses (Or so it seems when i am feeding in the subzero temperatures at night!)

Actually, we have 6 (one of whom is officially Tara's, who is my best friend, but he lives with us)Blue, and Taffy are my babies. taf is retired, and living the life of Riley, and Blue is just working on becoming a thriving Ad. htr, and someday Ammy Owner for me:) He is BEAUTIFUL, and I will post a recent picture within a day, when i scan it..if i remember.

Anyhow, we are usually found at the NH shows, or VT. We keep our horses at home, and my mom, Pam Payson, is our trainer. I also ride w/ Cookie Desimeone down here at Dana Hall, where I go to school (Wellesley, MA).

Anyway, thats essentially me:) Oh..I'm 18, and a Senior in HS (yes...GRADUATING!:))

Dragoon
Feb. 25, 2002, 01:36 PM
Mel.....what's the address for the Ocala results?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Thanks!

- This Week's Lesson: He's bigger than you!!!

Becca
Feb. 25, 2002, 01:49 PM
www.horseshowsinthesun.com/ocala (http://www.horseshowsinthesun.com/ocala) Linds

Also- who was asking about shirt-coat combos? My FAVORITE of my combos is My Navy windowpane coat with a beautiful lavender shirt- it looks BEAUTIFUL (oops..my vanity is coming out! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

second chance
Feb. 25, 2002, 02:38 PM
lol, Becca- I'll do the honor of posting a pic of blue for you! hehe. The one from Spectrum...

It seems like it has been so long since we've talked or seen eachother.... T is just to much, keeps us in stitches.

Does anybody know of Joe Ledoux hes a farrier from up north<well, not up north per se, New London area>?!?

I'm getting with the fashion, not truely but, its a first, I have a navy pinstriped coat and a white shirt with navy stripes..... not to shabby for me... i'm a "plain jane"... but, I do have puke green breeches.... but only one pair that are having a hole in them

well, off to walmart to get 40 pics developed.... from today... we did dressage and my fingers and legs are killing! Stupid me forgot my gloves /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

btw, heres Becca on blue:

NH clique

second chance
Feb. 25, 2002, 02:47 PM
er, well, i'll attempt to do it when I get back, internet connection is extremely slow, 1/2 of the gremlins didn't even load... argh stupid AOL!

NH clique

Dragoon
Feb. 25, 2002, 02:48 PM
We should have a graduation partayyy at Fieldstone! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif MUWAHAHAHA.....

And, Mel's in the Equine Journal! Big picture of the Great White Wonder and Wonder Why in the "Exercises for Hunters and Jumpers" article /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

- This Week's Lesson: He's bigger than you!!!

Becca
Feb. 25, 2002, 05:31 PM
Lindsay!! YES!!!!!!!!!!! Grad. Party. I see it now. Its a plan!

Nel- I know! Its been forever!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I never seem to have any time. I hope to be over at the barn a bit over my spring break, I wanna see Tar work w/ Allie. How was your birthday, and how is the Sandy beast and your family doing? Tell everyone I say hi!

I'll post a picture tommorow:) I just have to get up the energy to scan it....!:)

Now i have to go do my homework..wheres the motivation??

second chance
Feb. 25, 2002, 05:41 PM
my bday was okay.. thanks for the gifts... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shampoo for the cow will be a great thing, saying she has huge stains on her legs!

um, i'll attempt to do the pic in a few min... I'm downloading another internet provider<juno> for free, due to the reason I'm sick of the connection speeds, of zip... zilch.

Um, everybody here is doing good... I'm very busy, Mon, Tues, Wed, I have drivers ed from 6-8 YIKES! then thurs and fri I have off THANK GOD! then Sat we do chores then sun I have off... and to do homework...

Jeez, i'm a very busy girl!

awe, can't you two<Linds and Becca> wait just another 2 years, then I can join you... or I could graduate next year with the exact amount of credits.... ugh!

well, off to download stuff, well, the furance stinks too...well, that was very random.

TTYL... in a few.

NH clique

Wonder Why
Feb. 26, 2002, 05:11 AM
I was so surprised to see that picture of me and Torey in the Journal. It is from the Maine Medal Finals. It is probably one of the better pictures I have ever had taken. I always get pictures of me making faces or the horse has their eyes shut!

I got the results from Ocala by just searching under HITS Ocala. I didn't note the address. The site lists all HITS shows but they are seperated by location and date.

Torey is currently off. He has a lovely case of thrush in his right hind foot so we don't know if that is what is causing him to be off or something else. I am so upset that this thrush has gotten so bad. It isn't like he is stuck in a wet stall or left without having his feet looked after. I have had problems with thrush in that foot for a long time but it was never this bad. We have another appointment with the vet in two weeks to reevaluate and see where Torey is at that time. Wendy is doing fine. Both are shedding a lot.

second chance
Feb. 26, 2002, 06:03 AM
wondery why- Awe, that stinks! Thrush is the worst... my horse's frogs were getting a bit soft so I slapped on some of that lovely Thrush Buster, boy I looked pretty afterwards.... I looked like I got in a fight with markers..

I'm so glad my horse isn't the only one shedding like crazy. Hopefully we will have an early spring... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Okay, now for the real question for all of the NHers and the VT crossovers....

who do you use for a farrier?

I have been having the worst of luck... I have tried 4 or 5 of them... one said that he will come out however we need more horses.... argh! Although it's very understandable.

I have tried:

Patrick Reilly (from Rochester Equine)
Patrick Cullinane(he will come out
but for more horses
Joe Ledoux, hes 15 min. away from our barn and he said NO!
Rebecca Watts- its 2 hr. drive for her...
Troy Nelson- I didn't try him, but he will not come up that far for one horse... buts that is more than okay... for me saying he has a grudge on me because I used Matt Sanborn instead of him... oh well.

Ever since Matt passed away, we have yet to find a farrier who will come... Patrick Cullinane is one of Matt's brothers, so, he said that he would take over my horse or our barn if we needed him to, just not at the moment because my horse is the [B}only[/B] one that needs to be done!

ok, my rage is over... I was soooooo mad lastnight when I recieved a phone call that was slightly on the rude side... but oh well.

~N~

"for want of a nail, the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe, the horse was lost.
For want of a horse, the battle was lost.
From the loss of the battle, a war was lost."

NH clique

Wonder Why
Feb. 26, 2002, 07:56 AM
I use Lief Erikson (yes, just like the viking). He is out of Gilmanton. He is excellent, has a very good understanding of the movement and mechanics of a horse. He also does adjustments and is into the homeopathic stuff. He works well with the vets I have used. He has kept my horses shod for at least the past 6 years. I dread the day he retires!!!!!

I am using Thrush Buster on Torey. Hopefully it will do the trick. We can't begin to determine what the lameness issue is until that is cleared up. My vet is pretty sure that whatever it is, it isn't career ending. I have never had any problems with him in the 5 years I have owned him and he has done quite a bit of work.

Wonder Why
Feb. 26, 2002, 09:58 AM
Was Matt Sanborn a fairly young guy, kinda small built? If so, I had used him a few times about 9 years ago, I think he was just starting out then. If it is the same guy, what happened to him?

Dry Clean Only
Feb. 26, 2002, 10:26 AM
I think he was really young Mel, so I don't know if it was the same guy you are thinking of (I think he would have only been a teenager nine years ago?). He crashed his truck into a tree and was killed a couple of months ago /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Wonder Why
Feb. 26, 2002, 11:33 AM
It may be the same guy. I think he was just out of farrier school, he was probably 19 or 20. That is too bad. He seemed like a nice guy.

second chance
Feb. 26, 2002, 04:06 PM
awe, a tear in my eye... UGH! Its a touchy subject still.

Um, I did use Matt Sanborn, he was 18 when we first started to have him shoe my horse...

His death was December 21st, He indeed crashed his truck into a tree<stearing problem, something let go/broke and he was pulled off the road into a gully and into the tree.>

Um, he was very tall, our barn owner nicknamed him "legs" because he was about 6ft2 and all legs... Hew was 24 when the accident claimed his life.

His brother used to shoe, Dan Sanborn...

Mel- I don't think that he would of been shoeing at a very young age, however, he did shoe horses when he was 13...

heres a pic of him incase it would ring a bell:

NH clique

second chance
Feb. 26, 2002, 04:09 PM
heres more info, click on the picture, I had scanned it.

NH clique

Wonder Why
Feb. 27, 2002, 04:46 AM
Second Chance, now that you mentioned the name, it was Dan Sanborn that I used a few times. Still, sorry to hear about his brother.

second chance
Feb. 27, 2002, 06:39 AM
Dan's a great guy. Matt always said that his brother was 10x better than him... he was more agressive and didn't take anything from horses, he had a bit of a temper... not bad though!

Matt would always keep his cool if something wasn't going right...

I remember him coming to our barn for the first time, my 17 hand tb had gone without a shoe for 3to4 weeks, he was extremely sore. We couldn't find a farrier who would shoe a big horse.

Well, my horse was very scary, rearing up while matt was just trying to tack the shoe on.... the next few times he came, then we had to trank him and Matt never once gave up.

We had him for 6 years... nothing but a nice guy. His entire family is very nice.

NH clique

no_stirrups
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:04 PM
i didn't know there was any one else in NH, let alone on this site! lol, i use William Kugal, but i have no clue how to spell his name /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif He is great with the horses tho, and if you have time he will explain everything he did and why, it is very interesting.

I want to be in the nh clique, do i have to do something to join?

It is scientificly impossible for a bumble bee to fly... guess no one told the bumble bee

Dragoon
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:16 PM
Just tell us a little bit about yourself, and you're in! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Welcome to the BB, by the way /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

- "Don't look at your horse....I'll tell you if you fall off."
- "The base of the jump is your friend and the way you ride you can never have enough friends."

no_stirrups
Jun. 17, 2002, 08:31 PM
K,i am 16,i live in southern NH.

I show the hunters and eq's with my QH that thinks he is anything but a QH. (I am however self admittdly an ex-qh queen, but oh so done with that whole seen) /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

And basicly all i can think about right now is getting out this summer and campaining w/ my horse and my new taliored sportsmens!

It is scientificly impossible for a bumble bee to fly... guess no one told the bumble bee

Dry Clean Only
Mar. 1, 2003, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to check in with all the NH people!
I am actually riding again and hope to get to a show or two, maybe even a novice event if I lease a horse from the barn owner http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mel, if you are there I hope you and your baby and horses are doing well!

Linds- how's school up in the boonies of NY? And where the heck is Becca!

Any other new NH clique recruits? I can't wait for winter to be over - the Harry monster is already starting to shed! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Flipper K.
Mar. 1, 2003, 04:03 PM
Hi all~ http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I live in Mass., but my horse is up in Nottingham, NH -- so I share your hate for 3 degree days and frozen water buckets and tubs.

I am fortunate enough to board at a barn with an indoor, so we have been riding all winter, frozen toes and all.

My trainer just got back from showing at Ocala and is excited to start concentrating on polishing us up for the spring shows.

My horse's name is JJ -- he's my first, I bought him last year. (Riding since I was in elementary school, and I finally get one of my own at 30!) We went to a couple small shows last summer, and I'm hoping to be able to do some "bigger stuff" this year. (Literally -- I had to do the 18" classes last year, because I seem to lose my mind when I drive through the gate of horse show grounds http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif).

So, glad to know there are other NH people here -- I look forward to chatting and maybe getting to match horses to people this summer at the shows!

-Flip

http://www.RiverCrestFarmLLC.com

Dry Clean Only
Mar. 1, 2003, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the boards and the NH scene Flipper! I think that we have a pretty cool crowd here for the most part http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I can't believe that I hadn't heard of your trainers or farm before - I am so out of the the NH loop!

I am riding out at Double Clear Farm in Warner right now, and having a blast! They have a great indoor too, and nice people to boot!

Dragoon
Apr. 7, 2003, 06:10 PM
Hey hey hey!

This thread can be classified as ancient. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif College life here at Cazenovia is excellent. I enjoyed the sense of accomplishement after my 4.0 GPA last semester (a feat I DON'T think I'm repeating, thanks to two teachers who are utterly inept, neither of them Equine, lol http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ), and riding is really a blast. I've learned so much under the college instructors, not to mention the great people they bring in - Gary Duffy who taught regularly last semester, Mark who's teaching this semester, and Rob Biefeld. Really, really excellent horsemen. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now I just need to get some spare time to make my damn video resume! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Damn, damn ice storm!

As far as NH goes (for you newbies http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ), I live in southern NH and ride at Apple Knoll Farm in New Boston. Last year I did the Children's hunters at Vermont on my Oldenburg, Luna, and hopefully I'll have something to ride this summer upon returning from school. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Did you hear?? New Hampshire has an "A" show! The first annual Silver Oak Festival at Liberty Farm, in August. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Hooah!

"They say there's a place where dreams have all gone,
They never said where, but I think I know.
It's miles through the night, just over the dawn,
On the road that will take me home."
("Going Home" from Gods and Generals)

ShadesofGrey
Apr. 8, 2003, 05:40 AM
Good Morning...

I'm not a frequent poster, but I do enjoy reading the threads on the COTH. When I noticed this thread this morning I figured that I had to post something. I live in NH as well in the beautiful Upper Valley area (I work at Dartmouth College) and keep my horse in Enfield, NH. He's grey TB/Connemara gelding that thinks he should be a jumper while I want to do hunters...sigh. I've had him for about a year and half. I competed him at Spectrum in 2002 and we try to do as many of the jumper shows at DCF in Warner as possible. I am also riding a Canadian Sport Horse for my trainer. He's coming off an injury and needs to be brought back into shape...he's super fun and I would love to buy him but my wallet pretty much dictates what I spend my money on.
I should probably get back to doing something productive at work this morning...

~Laur

Changes come from the power of many, but it is only when those many unite to form that which is invincible, the Power of One. (taken from the book, the Power of One).

Dry Clean Only
Apr. 8, 2003, 06:27 AM
Nice to meet a new NH poster!

There are two of us from DCF here on the boards - SecondChance, who has a cute as a button paint mare, and me. You hopefully will see me at the DCF shows with a 4 year old TBX gelding. He will be making his debut by June at the latest!

I love the Connemara cross - the mare I rode in the jumpers as a junior was a Conn/Arab. So so smart!

Dragoon
Apr. 8, 2003, 09:26 AM
I'm going to have to make a visit to one of these DCF shows...can you say COTH reunion? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Britney
Apr. 8, 2003, 12:05 PM
Ooh, Aly and I will be making a few appearances at the DCF Jumper shows! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif That should be a ton of fun if we're all up there. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

For the few newbies- Welcome! Our Clique is the coolest! We NH people are so quaint and laid back, aren't we? I guess I throw in a little about myself...

I live just east of Concord, same hick town as Dragoon, and I keep my horse in Nottingham. FlipperK- I know your trainer/barn very well, but I don't board there. I got my first horse about a year and a half ago. He's a 17h, bright bay, turning 7 year old, TB Gelding. He's off the track, but has been for 3 years, and is in the process of being trained as my future jumper. We want to do the A/O's one day! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif This summer will be his first show season, so we'll be doing some little jumper shows later in the season but we're starting out at some dressage shows in the area. I, however will be watching at everything from, some NHH&JA shows, VT, UNH Horse Trials, and the "A" show at Silver Oak since my mommy works there. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hope to see some of you (besides Dragoon- she's annoying http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) over the summer!

*Britney*
~Rush Hour~

"He has galloped through young girl's dreams, added richness to grown women's lives, and served men in war and strife." ~Toni Robinson
**Proud owner of a spunky Alydar grandson**

Flipper K.
Apr. 8, 2003, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Britney:
For the few newbies- Welcome! Our Clique is the coolest! We NH people are so quaint and laid back, aren't we? I guess I throw in a little about myself...

I live just east of Concord, same hick town as Dragoon, and I keep my horse in Nottingham. FlipperK- I know your trainer/barn _very_ well, but I don't board there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the welcome, everyone, & Britney, I guess you are close to my barn if you are in Nottingham! I live in MA, so I am not familiar with the area besides the barn http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

JJ & I had our first show of 2003 on March 23rd at Evenstride -- we did the jumpers (which I never do) -- no ribbons for us but there were at least 20 others in the division, and we made it around clean & clear, in the time allowed, jumpoffs included. That's all I can ask, and more than I'd hoped for (did I mention I kind of lose my mind at horse shows?)!

So, I'm not sure when our next show will be (I am planning my June wedding & life is a little hectic) ...

Anyone else planning on showing soon? If so, where?

LemmyNH
Apr. 8, 2003, 06:27 PM
Wow! Its been a while since there has been any action on this thread. I live in Mont Vernon, NH with my husband Gerry, 2 dogs and 3 cats. My horse Two Minute Minor, aka Arnold lives at Apple Knoll Farm where Dragoon rides. Arnold is a 14 year old TB that I do the jumpers with. I've had him for just over a year and we had a great first season together last year. I rode tonight and it felt like February not April! I'm anxiously waiting for spring to arrive for good. Dragoon, congrats on your 4.0, that is excellent! Any idea who you'll be riding this summer? I'm looking forward to doing Vermont again and also Silver Oak since I grew up 10 minutes from there and learned to ride on a black pony named Gidget just down the road from Silver Oak.

Keep your fingers crossed for spring, I can't wait to get out of the indoor!

Dragoon
Apr. 8, 2003, 06:34 PM
Hey there Laurie!

How's Mr. Arnold doing? He's such a great guy. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the congratulations, I was quite proud of that. I'm still aiming for this semester as well, so we'll see how it goes. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I have no clue as to who I'll be riding - it'll depend on what Gretch either has in the barn or what she can get in the barn, assuming she has room. I look forward to getting back to AKF and hopefully doing either a week at Vermont again, or Silver Oak's show. We'll see. Though I loved working for Gretch, I think I'll just work with the state again this summer and enjoy my Sundays out at the barn - riding. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Great to hear from you! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LemmyNH
Apr. 8, 2003, 06:39 PM
Hi Dragoon! Arnold is doing great! He's a little out of shape after a fairly quite winter. We had hoped to do the Mount Holyoke jumper show last Saturday but the weather put a damper on that. No reason to risk life and limb making the 2 hour + drive in sleet and freezing rain! We've attempted to attend three shows this winter but we've cancelled all of them due to bad weather. I hope that's not a trend that will continue through the summer!

Gretch brought a couple of nice horses home from Holland when she and Gwen went on their shopping trip for Gwen's new horse. One of them is a big warmblood named Pedro that is very cute. Not sure what her plans are for him, I think he is for sale.

For now, we're gearing up for this show season. Maybe we'll even move up to the high amateur adult jumpers in Vt if things go well!

When will you be home for the summer?

Dragoon
Apr. 8, 2003, 06:45 PM
Sounds great! That would be wonderful if you did the Highs!

I'll be home on May 10th, if not May 9th. I saw Henry and Frankie, and the two of them are adorable! I have not seen Pedro, but I have heard he's also stunning. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Is Chico still there? What's he up to now?

LemmyNH
Apr. 8, 2003, 06:59 PM
Pedro is very nice. Sheri rode him in our lesson about a month ago because Calvin cut his leg.

Chico is still there, I believe he is for sale. Shayna rode him a few times to get him out and she looked fantastic on him.

Frankie is the cutest thing ever, he gives me the evil eye every time I walk by his stall which leads me to believe he has an attitude! Henry is also gorgous as is Oliver another horse that G brought back from FL.

Dragoon
Apr. 8, 2003, 07:02 PM
Wouldn't it be great if I could lease Chico?....hmm...we'll just have to see how it works out. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

doublete
Apr. 8, 2003, 09:16 PM
Well I'm not from NH, I'm from the state up from you.. Maine... Yuck.
I do ride in NH though....
Just wanted to say hi! And also, whoever goes and rides on the beach, I'D LOVE COMPANY! I have horses that I'm conditioning and its definitely difficult to condition by myself... Probably not the safest either. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Retraining and rehabbing Off Track TB's.

Dry Clean Only
Apr. 9, 2003, 06:05 AM
Doublete - if you have an extra horse I can keep you company http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Unfortunatly I don't have truck/trailer to bring Harry out to the beach, and he lives in Warner so it would be about a 3 day ride http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif But I live in Epsom which is only about a half hour from the coast. Where do you ride in NH?

I am starting to worry about all of you people coming to the DCF shows! How are me and Harry going to make our horseshow debut with everyone watching http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I order you now to all close your eyes when I enter the ring so we don't get stage fright http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Of course at this rate we won't be showing till June. I have been working constantly this month and have barely gotten to ride. Luckily trainer Meg has been on him 3 days a week at least, but he hasn't jumped since we were riding outside a few weeks ago http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

ChromeOnAllFour
Apr. 9, 2003, 07:29 AM
Hello NH Folks,

I'am also in NH, I don't post very often, but thought I would say Hello! I'm currently working with a young OTTB(purchased through Canter/NE). I work with a trainer in Mass, that I rode with as a junior. But plan on getting the baby out and about at NH shows, when she settles down a little. It's great to hear from so many people in NH.

ShadesofGrey
Apr. 9, 2003, 09:03 AM
Dry Clean Only - I hear you on the not being able to ride...I work a full time job (40+ hours a week) and go to school four nights a week as well. My beasties only get ridden when I can squeeze them in...fortunately I work at the barn on weekends so I always make riding time then. The best part about showing at DCF...it's so low key and is an awesome schooling experience. I remember last summer my horse didn't want to do the triple bar that was set up and Cathy patiently took the back rails off and allowed me to school it before adding the rails back up. I would be have been elimated if I was at any other show...Ask anyone from DCF how the rolltop got damaged as well http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'll take the blame for that one. Honestly, the gang at DCF is a great bunch of people. I'm not sure if we'll be making the first show in May, but we should be there in June...I'm hoping...I don't have a trailer, so it makes life a bit more difficult.

Dry Clean Only
Apr. 9, 2003, 11:54 AM
Shades of Grey - hope to see you at the DCF shows!

Even though we 'live there' I am still stilghtly nervous about showing LOL - mostly because Harry isn't mine, plus I think he is a superstar and want him to look his best for the public. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Hopefully he won't have any temper tantrums!

The snow had better melt so that the May show doesn't have to be in the indoor! Luckily the footing in the outdoor is awesome, don't have to worry about puddles. It had about a foot of snow on it last time I looked though http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Flipper K.
Apr. 11, 2003, 06:25 PM
Hey all,

What / where is the DCF show series?

Anyone else get the VT Summer Festival prize list in the mail this week? Just the word "summer" has me all excited!

Dragoon
Apr. 11, 2003, 06:28 PM
My VSF prize list is in probably at my house (I'm at school...)! It'll be waiting for me though. Hopefully I'll be able to attend this year, last year was such a blast! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dry Clean Only
Apr. 12, 2003, 05:07 AM
DCF = Double Clear Farm. It is a barn in Warner NH, and she holds a schooling show series during the warm months. I ride there so if you want a prize list just let me now through email or private topic what your address is and I can get one sent http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The footing is great, the jumps are nice, and it should be a pretty laid back atmosphere.