PDA

View Full Version : A "lovely" weekend in NC for BBers

VTrider
Nov. 6, 2000, 08:26 AM
A great time was had by all COTH BBers this weekend at the VHSA Associate Championship Show in NC (ironic - huh?)

Actually - the judging was very bizarre to say the least. I will let Anyplace Farm and Kennett Square comment on that - then I will add my $.02.

Poor Anyplace Farm had a awful time getting to the show.

The Bob Martin Ag. Center is amazing - as nice or nicer than the VA Horse Center. If you ever get the chance to show there...GO!!

The courses on Sunday were a lot of fun. Kennett Square was wearing her tiara - I am not lying!!

I wore Duffy's shadbelly for good luck...I had a great trip, but the judge thought that a horse who missed two jumps had a better trip...No lie. The trainer of the horse that won even admitted that his horse shouldn't have won!!

Happy Monday everyone!!

VTrider
Nov. 6, 2000, 08:26 AM
A great time was had by all COTH BBers this weekend at the VHSA Associate Championship Show in NC (ironic - huh?)

Actually - the judging was very bizarre to say the least. I will let Anyplace Farm and Kennett Square comment on that - then I will add my $.02.

Poor Anyplace Farm had a awful time getting to the show.

The Bob Martin Ag. Center is amazing - as nice or nicer than the VA Horse Center. If you ever get the chance to show there...GO!!

The courses on Sunday were a lot of fun. Kennett Square was wearing her tiara - I am not lying!!

I wore Duffy's shadbelly for good luck...I had a great trip, but the judge thought that a horse who missed two jumps had a better trip...No lie. The trainer of the horse that won even admitted that his horse shouldn't have won!!

Happy Monday everyone!!

mizzwade
Nov. 6, 2000, 09:14 AM
Glad you had a great time!! I am sure KS will fill us all in with all the news.... Did she wear her red feather boa??

Inverness, if you are out there - thanks for putting up a bulletin board on Shamrocks stall, I hear its very cute!!

VTrider
Nov. 6, 2000, 09:18 AM
I only got to see the tiara - but she looked smashing in it!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I too am looking forward to her recap of the show!!

Inverness
Nov. 6, 2000, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mizzwade:

Inverness, if you are out there - thanks for putting up a bulletin board on Shamrocks stall, I hear its very cute!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow Mizzwade, news travels fast. I only put up Shamoozle's board yesterday afternoon! He's a sweetie to me when we play, so I thought he deserved some recognition.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 6, 2000, 10:56 AM
Well, I'm embarrassed to say, but woman enough to admit that I darn near ended up in Williamston, SOUTH CAROLINA on Friday night. Ended up in NC at a lovely 2 a.m. Got about 2 hours of sleep.

Yes, Kennett had her tiara. I, on the other hand, had designer luggage under each eye. By Sunday, my Clarins eye gel finally kicked in and I was able to reduce them to attaches.

Kennett was also kind enough to entertain me while I braided and threatened my dog's life from time to time while she lounged in her chair in our stall. The woman's humor is in everlasting supply.

On the judging: No, our horse doesn't smile when he hacks so he managed to squeak out a fifth in one of the Pleasure classes. His first trip in the Children's was darn near flawless and he didn't get jack. It was one of those trips where complete strangers clapped, whistled and whoop/hollered. Very strange. Granted, I agree with the judge on our horse's other rounds. We should have left him (the horse) behind to plow the lovely cotton fields of Williamston for the rest of his life for how he performed the rest of the show.

Did I mention the facility was off of Prison Camp Rd? Nice place but I was scared. The area kind of had a "Deliverence" feel to it.

We got to do a little drag racing. Our Suburban took some old Camaro that went 'blub-blub-blub-blub' at a red light. I couldn't resist. The whole town just brought the redneck out in me.

VTRider is just awesome. Put in some really pretty trips. And she just looked very fetching in Duffy's shadbelly. Shamrox (a new poster), who is w/my group, braided her horse. Thankfully, he has like three hairs for a mane because we got a little tight on time at one point.

And can someone please explain to me why it is that I can walk my dog into the lobby of the Ritz Carlton and go right up to my room but I have to smuggle her into a Holiday Inn Express?

[This message has been edited by Anyplace Farm (edited 11-06-2000).]

Sleepy
Nov. 6, 2000, 11:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:

And can someone please explain to me why it is that I can walk my dog into the lobby of the Ritz Carlton and go right up to my room but I have to smuggle her into a Holiday Inn Express?

[This message has been edited by Anyplace Farm (edited 11-06-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because dogs are not allowed in hotels in NC. I nearly had a hissy fit the time one of the mothers booked us into the Four Seasons instead of our old HoJo out by Sedgefield. I just could not figure out how I was going to smuggle the dog across that lobby.

One show in Winston we wrapped one of the dogs like a baby to take it up to the room. Until we met a Lab riding the elevator by itself. Don't know who pushed the buttons for him. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 6, 2000, 11:11 AM
Too funny about the Lab! We ended up sneaking my monster in thru the back door, which the front desk guy reluctantly told us we could walk thru. I put her in her kennel, threw a towel over it and used everyone else as human shields. Of course, she had to bark in the middle of the night. I came close to stuffing her ears with my wax earplugs but knowing her, she'd scratch it out and eat it.

VTrider
Nov. 6, 2000, 11:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
[B]Ended up in NC at a lovely 2 a.m. Got about 2 hours of sleep...

Kennett...The woman's humor is in everlasting supply.

Did I mention the facility was off of Prison Camp Rd? Nice place but I was scared. The area kind of had a "Deliverence" feel to it.

VTRider is just awesome. Put in some really pretty trips. And she just looked very fetching in Duffy's shadbelly. Shamrox (a new poster), who is w/my group, braided her horse. Thankfully, he has like three hairs for a mane because we got a little tight on time at one point.
[B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

APF - Thanks for those kind words - you must not have seen my first trip Saturday night - LOL. I was very happy with my stakes trip - glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was good. I was afraid I was getting dilussional or something.

Bless Shamrox - when APF and gang got to the show at 2am - Shamrox had to braid four of our horses that were in the pleasures. She did a magnificant job!! Yes, PK does have a thin mane, but he is going to Mr. Ray's Hair Weave on Thursday!!

KS provided me with tons of laughter!! Bless that woman!!

I too noticed the Prison Camp Road sign - that was eerie!!

APF - I enjoyed chatting with you - your student did a great job!! All your girls were very sweet!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by VTrider (edited 11-06-2000).]

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 6, 2000, 11:41 AM
VTR- Please tell PK that Hair Club for Men is probably going to be a more natural look for him.

Thanks for the compliments on the girls. They really are a good crew and I would go insane if they didn't know how to put up with me.

Yeah, looks like your Serio lesson (and all of your hard work prior to that) paid off! Putting in a respectable trip is always desired...you nailed it every time we saw you.

BTW- did you get any of the pictures from the guy at the photo place? Kind of disorganized in terms of how to find your pic...we saw one of my kid (CL) but our guy was a little uneven. I know he had more but there was no way to find your class. You had to go thru sheafs of proof pages for each day...kind of a bummer. There was one other guy taking pics from a real camera...did you get his name? I wonder if he'll send proofs?

VTrider
Nov. 6, 2000, 11:44 AM
APF - The guy who was developing pictures there...well I saw a total of 10 good pictures of people. The quality of his pictures were not very good IMO. Great for the little kids there though. I am sure he made a killing off them!! I didn't notice the other photographer. I hope proofs are sent!!

Where is Kennett Square...I can't wait for her commentary!!!

And yes...the Serio lesson was very beneficial!!

Bumpkin
Nov. 6, 2000, 11:47 AM
Is there anyplace where the results are posted?
Or will they be posted in a future issue of COTH?

VTrider
Nov. 6, 2000, 11:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bumpkin:
Is there anyplace where the results are posted?
Or will they be posted in a future issue of COTH?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe on their website...www.vhsa.com - but I doubt it... /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Morrissey
Nov. 6, 2000, 02:06 PM
Enjoyed reading the nice comments about my daughter, VTrider. I don't get to see her ride as often as I would like, so, it is great to hear about her and P.K. through the B.B.. She is indeed lucky to have so many wonderful and supportive friends in "hunter land". I spend most weekends in race and steeplechase world, as I did this past Sat. running two at the Montpelier Hunt Races in Orange Co., Va..

shamrockz
Nov. 6, 2000, 02:16 PM
VTR - Thanx 4 the braiding compliments! i dont think ive ever braided a horse so fast in my life.

That show was pretty fun actually, minus the strange judging... imo haha!! There were a lot of cute lil ponies running around too.

The drag racing was pretty funny... i had to hide under the seat for that. haha jk!

We almost got out to touch the cotton bales too... prettttttty funny... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

O yea and im retarded - hahaha i told VTR & APF that my username was shamrox... i must have done that for something else? http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/confused.gif
haha sorry about that

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 6, 2000, 04:01 PM
I agree that the Bob Martin Agricultural Center was awsome - even better than the facilities in Lexington (on a slightly smaller scale). Although, I wasn't thrilled with the motel accomadations in nearby(??!) Washington, NC. Did anyone else have to stay out there? It proved to be a tough neighborhood around midnight Saturday night. In an effort to express displeasure with the occupants of the room next to me, local revelers hurled large items at the motel room door and window (they missed the intended target; hitting my room instead) Pretty scary stuff especially when you have your child in the room with you!!! We WON'T be back!

APF was right-on in describing the area as having a "Deliverance" feel ... perhaps that's why Kennett Square was reluctant to don her feathered boa - having the appearance of a bird of prey is not the look one should strive for in Williamston were supper is only a gunshot away! The tiara however, was lovely!! Not too gaudy yet oozing just enough in-your-face attitude so as to put the "usual suspects" on notice. All in all, a productive weekend.

VTrider
Nov. 6, 2000, 04:04 PM
Where is Kennett Square - someone needs to make sure she provides us with an entertaining commentary!!! Inverness...can you handle this?

KC
Nov. 6, 2000, 04:15 PM
I believe Miss Kennett Square is relaxing on Monday after her exhausting weekend in the hinterlands. She is scheduled to return to the e-world on Tuesday and I'm sure she'll provide a troubadour's tale of her many adventures!

Hold on to your tiaras, ladies, she'll be back!

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 6, 2000, 04:22 PM
I have no doubt that Kennett Square will be posting soon in an effort to provide the in-depth humorous comentary that all you COTH BB'ers are craving. It is quite possible that she's suffering from a slight case of tattoo-envy ... were you aware that Washinton, NC is home to one of the finest tattoo establishments in the Southeast?

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 6, 2000, 05:18 PM
Ruh Roh!!!! Problems with the COTH server ... I'm in twice - sorry!

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 6, 2000, 06:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueGooPonyShampoo:
I have no doubt that Kennett Square will be posting soon in an effort to provide the in-depth humorous comentary that all you COTH BB'ers are craving. It is quite possible that she's suffering from a slight case of tattoo-envy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that she is reviewing Jeb and Jair's little excursion into luring innocents to do the Wild Monkey Dance under the shadow of the Washington Monument while she was off in the hinterlands protecting her flock of points plebes.

We shall soon learn of her feelings on the matter of Heidi and Slugger and the wicked way the cause of the Honorable Sea Urchin Relief Foundation Fund was waylaid by those theifs of hearts, Jeb and Jair!

KS, I am sorry to bring this up but while you were off in the all so important year end points tallying, your name was NOT on the tongue tips of some of your most vocal "devoted" chums. Character smearing ran rampant. Drowning in Cheez Whiz and the slandering of Scottish legends, Mardi Gras flings to which YOU were not an instrumental part of the entertainment!

I was personally shocked. Moesha will vouch for what I report. Colin was slandered for no reason, and you know Colin provides reasons aplenty. She is not speaking to me as it turns out I eyed up her cowboy by completely innocent mistake - I thought it would reflect well upon her taste!

Congrats on a good show to those of you who were lucky enough to attend! NC can be a scary place but, speaking strictly for myself, I am glad to know that some COTH BB'rs can function on a higher plane without supervision. (Could it be that you are the salvation of our reputations? Is there an underlying reason why those who didn't go were not invited?)

Justbay
Nov. 6, 2000, 11:31 PM
Well, I was hoping to meet some of the COTH BB's down in NC, but I saw no tiara's or "red capes"???

A very nice place, I thought. The town was a bit peculiar- tried out the Golden Corral-
first night- pretty scary...ugh..did KFC and Pizza Hut after that. No mini-marts had any ATM machines...

I thought there were some very nice horses there, and I thought when I was there- Fri- Sat, the judging was just fine.. but the pony pleasure was a little CRAZY and the SCHOOLING BREAK for the SHORT STIRRUP riders almost undid me!! YIKES!! Can you say DANGEROUS????

Fashion statements to follow..

JrTbHunter17
Nov. 7, 2000, 12:04 AM
Anyone know who won in Small Ponies or Pony Equitation?

Policy of Truth
Nov. 7, 2000, 12:23 AM
Where WERE you people?! I am so embarassed that your impression of this fine state is from THAT! The horror! And what is up with the VIRGINIA show being held in NC? Don't you guys LIKE your state? I'm actually hoping to move there soon! Is there something I don't know, but maybe SHOULD????
Sounds like you guys had lots of fun anyways...and the judging being bad? YUP! Welcome to NC...proud state of some of the MOST ignorant horse people known to the equestrian art! Reason 1 BILLION to move to VA! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif!
Seriously, it is a nice state, minus a few 50 or so counties! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KC
Nov. 7, 2000, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <snip> And what is up with the VIRGINIA show being held in NC? Don't you guys LIKE your state? <snip><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, er, ah; I'll be gracious, diplomatic and brief. Others can fill in the many gory details!

The VHSA Associate show was originally scheduled to be held in Lexington, as it has been in the past, but sacrificed the date when a Large Show Corporation requested to put a show on during the same dates at the same location. The VHSA thought the NC facility was the next best choice.

So don't hesitate to join us in Virginia! The NC site was hopefully a one-time deal . . .

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 09:24 AM
And to continue on what KC said, as it turned out, the Large Show Corporation ended up not having their show there after all and the SWVHJA ended up having their show there.

BlueGoo-ImLaughingWithYou... Where did you guys stay? The Days Inn? See, you gotta go to those high class places like us..the Holiday Inn Express. See, right next to us was one of those old motels that is now apartments. We got to see a very young mother with a towel on her head, in her 'silk' pajamas, aid her toddler in bonking his head on the door jamb. We were with all the huntin' guys. Lots of huntin' trucks in our parking lot.

Did I mention while we were at the gas station, two people ran off without paying? If I had known that was OK to do, I would have done it too and saved my client $50.

As Shamrokz mentioned, I really did want to pet the cotton bales. I regret not having that experience now. We were afraid of getting buckshot though.

Did anyone else notice the party supply place and the pet store on the way to the park? They were like these random little shops out in the nowhere. Somehow, a party supply just didn't seem to fit there.

KS and VTRider, next time I see you, allow me to do my Billy Bob impression of the snakes he sells in his pet store and how he makes earmuffs for them out of the cotton balls. He also rents himself out as a snake charmer at the party supply for entertainment (vs. pony rides).

Yes, we did Golden Corral too. Given the rest of the town, that was like going to the Four Seasons for brunch. I have to admit, I was so happy to have real grits, see chipped beef and all the tea is sweetened, just right...

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 7, 2000, 09:29 AM
Did anyone else notice the party supply place and the pet store on the way to the park? They were like these random little shops out in the nowhere. Somehow, a party supply just didn't seem to fit there.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me, is it like Tallahassee with the little local business such as "Trailer o'Hair and Nails"?

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 09:34 AM
Actually, no. There were cotton bales, trailers, cotton fields, signs for a ghost town (I thought we were already in it) and then boom...something like "Ellen's Party Supply". Then, you went a few tenths of miles down the way and then there was this house with the pet store. They must have some awesome pets because you'd have to drive quite a ways to get there...it'd have to be worth it. Then, we exited to Prison Camp Road....

VTrider
Nov. 7, 2000, 09:41 AM
the SWVHJA ended up having their show there.

As Shamrokz mentioned, I really did want to pet the cotton bales. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SWVHJA always has their show at Lexington on this set weekend. So they didn't really affect VHSA's show.

Re: the cotton - some of the ladies in my barn wanted to get some of that cotton to use to stuff their horse's ears!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 10:55 AM
So, which TS show conflicted? Or was SWVHJA a TS thing?

Billy Bob uses the cotton as ear muffs for his snakes. He also has dancers that come along on his snake-charming engagements that are half-necked. They use the cotton balls to cover particular areas that the eyes should not see.

Kennett Square
Nov. 7, 2000, 10:55 AM
Ladies,

I have finally returned to the land of the living. Between a nightmarish ride home (A six hour drive, a six year old and a six month old, enough said!!, horrific judging ( what was the criteria... ticks to count, late swaps, bad form, color? Still pondering that one! Plus did she ever look up in a corner to see a missed change or buck?) I then too, while there, contracted a lovely head cold which is trying to progress to my chest, not to mention my allergies which decided to kick in at the most in-opportune time. I had to stay home and medicate. I was worse than most junkies doing crack yesterday. But the price was worth it. Today I am feeling better.

The show facility was lovely. Nice barns, rings and the people at the facility were dying to help you and extremely friendly. I give a huge thumb up to this. The down side. It was a nightmare to stay at the hotels. None of my people want to go back. I've seen horror movies with less chance of danger and demise. Not to mention that a six hour drive is an incentive to hop in the rig and spin on down. It ain't cheap to go that far for a show that pays no money out. Except the stakes class.

I got to met VTRider who is a lovely girl and looked something like a runway model when she put on Duffy's coat. Not that she isn't great all other times! Duffy, Can I wear your coat and try to be tall and thin too? We had several giggles about people and horses and I was glad to finally meet her. Sorry not to have been able to meet anyone else.

As for the Tiara....I did wear it. Nardeen Hendeerson took pictures of me wearing it and Anyplace was in the pics too. Just remember...if it's on the internet it must be true......I didn't wear the cape. It wasn't cold enough and the Scepter was being fought over by all the children. Seems they wanted to use it as a crop....Can you believe they thought it was a crop? Poor upbringing, we need to work a little harder with the parents.

I thought Clyde did a wonderful job of keeping the show running. Jane Layback is a marvelous announcer and kept the ring always full and the exhibitors up to date. J.T.Talon designed great beautiful courses and they rode so well. The one down side was the schooling sessions. Extremely dangerous. No one from management monitored it, apparently leaving it up to the exhibitors and their trainers to keep the injuries down to a minimum. This is the only blight on an otherwise lovely well run show. Exhibitor's party had nice food both days and on Sunday the show got over way earlier than we had thought. I was on the road at 4:45. For all of my griping about the judge she did keep things rolling. Great in the hacks, she didn't make them hack for three days to pick a winner. Boom Boom Boom done. I will give her credit for that.

Thank God for all my Northern Va friends who kept me reasonably sane and laughing. Anyplace and her posse are so nice and VTRider is just a delight. we need to do more shows together ladies!!!

I'd like to give a big thank you to all my clients who made the trek and suffered through the poor hotels. I do appreciate all your efforts and thank you for making this another good year for the Cavallo Farm Kids!!! We love you!

VTrider
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:02 AM
KS - I knew I could count on you for a lovely recap of the show. I did love the courses!!

My hotel was a terror as well. Especially since there were kids outside my hotel room cantering up and down the pavement all night going..1.2.3.4.5.6.jump.1.2.3.4.5.6.jump.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:10 AM
Very nicely done, KS.

I am so mad that I didn't bring my tiara. Maybe next year. And maybe next year it can be at Lexington!

Lucky you...you got on the road an hour before we did. We stopped for a 1/2 hr to eat and then again to drop one of the kids in Montclair and probably got back to the barn at about 11:15. By the time we unloaded, etc. and I dropped Shamrockz off, I was in bed after midnight. Did I mention that your favorite dog (mine) raced to the door and went straight to the bed, did a 360, fluffed the sheets to make a nest and looked at me like, "Get in here and turn out the light!!" She was exhausted.

Thanks for the compliments on my crew. They are good kids and I would be miserable at the shows if they weren't.

Could you guys please bring more food next time? There just really wasn't anything left for me when I went snooping. A fruit/cheese/cracker platter would be nice next time too. By the way, where was the champagne?

VTrider
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:14 AM
By the way, where was the champagne?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm APF - Did you not notice the bulge in left pocket of KS's jacket http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:15 AM
VTRider, didn't those kids know the lines were fives?

VTrider
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:16 AM
VTRider, didn't those kids know the lines were fives?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were on ponies - had to do the adds /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

joliemom
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:34 AM
Welcome to NC...proud state of some of the MOST ignorant horse people known to the equestrian art! Reason 1 BILLION to move to VA! ! Seriously, it is a nice state, minus a few 50 or so counties!

Sigh. It is true. NC is indeed the State of Ignorant Horse People. I guess that's why we've shipped in some ringers like Captain Mark Phillips, Bill Long aka the Godfather of Combined Driving in the US, and enough dressage trainers with Eurotrash accents that if you dressed them as clowns they could do the How Many Clowns are in that VW? routine. Otherwise, the natives down here would still be foxhunting on their big lick Walking Horses. Tallyho Midnight's Rackin' King!

Jane, born, bred, and educated in NC, thankyouveryverymuch

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:36 AM
About the buldge in KS's jacket, I thought either because she was happy to see me or she was hiding her scepter from the kids so they wouldn't use it as a crop.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:43 AM
About NC, I have to say, I have been to NC several times in different parts and it's a beautiful state. But, if people are coming to the state for the first time, Williamston, and particularly, the Prison Camp Road stretch don't speak well for it. Guess that's why they don't put pictures of that area on the cover of the map.

I'll take all of NC's breakfast bars w/grits and sweet tea any day over the crappy 'tea' they make here and the "no grits after 11:00 a.m." rule at Bob Evans.

[This message has been edited by Anyplace Farm (edited 11-07-2000).]

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:56 AM

Could you guys please bring more food next time? There just really wasn't anything left for me when I went snooping. A fruit/cheese/cracker platter would be nice next time too. By the way, where was the champagne?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sigh, I can see that I must provision these excursions. The mention of grits has me in tears. To think of the quiche lorraine and finger sandwiches that could have been... The Moet that was missed...

[This message has been edited by Everythingbutwings (edited 11-07-2000).]

VTrider
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:57 AM
Williamston really needs a Waffle House!!!

JrTbHunter17
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know who won in the Small Ponies or Pony Equitation? I had a friend riding down there and I am dying to know how she did. Her pony is Stop the Press in case that helps!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 12:00 PM
Now that I think about it, it does sound odd that although I keep two bottles of Dom in my fridge at all times, I am also known to eat grits and drag race beat up Camaros. Doesn't that make me well-rounded?

Sleepy
Nov. 7, 2000, 12:04 PM
Sorry you guys had such bad accomodations. Actually I didn't know there were any motels in Williamston or Washington either for that matter. You should have gone to Greenville. Although that could have been a problem on a football weekend.

The worst I've ever experienced though was in VA! Orange, to be exact. That was in the dark ages when Orange was as close as you could get to Culpeper (then called Showday). Hair dryer blew a fuse including the AC, but we couldn't complain because we had 5 people and 3 dogs in a room that was supposed to have 2 people in it. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Kennett Square
Nov. 7, 2000, 12:11 PM
The girl who rode Stop the Press won the pony Equitation. SHe put in a flawless round that was superior to the others. Her pony is darling and she truly deserved the win.

Anyplace,

I didn't realize how truly Southern you are. Grits and sweet tea..... they make me shudder!! I can take the sweet tea but sorry no grits for me. All the grits I've ever had made me gag. I am envious of your ability to consider them a breakfast food.

ETBW,

Where were you?? We needed real provisons!! My people did supply a tasteful array of food. But it did run out quickly, especially if you came late in the AM....hint hint hint Anyplace....Food mongers that's what we Cavallo folks are!! And alcohol never passed my lips the entire time down there. I'm ashamed to say this is probably the first time since I was legal that this has happened. Not to worry this weekend will be upon us soon enough. Plus I also appreciate your watching out for me on the BB. That bad Jair needs to have some sense sandblasted into him. I do not take kindly to men triffling with my heart and playing around behind my back when I'm gone. Woman have needs too...... and wasn't that Harold C's neck of the woods to boot??? I'm hearing strains of "Love is in the Air"...

[This message has been edited by Kennett Square (edited 11-07-2000).]

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 12:21 PM
KS - Sorry to hear you didn't get your alcohol fix. You know, they sold it right there at The Filling Station in the coliseum. It was right there next to the Marlboros and the Skoal. They even had loose tobacco so you could roll your own. You shouldn't work so hard next time and take some time to walk around and enjoy the concessions.

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 7, 2000, 01:52 PM
APF - Yes we were at the Days Inn in Washington, NC. The highlight of my stay occurred late Friday night. After getting lost on the way to the Motel, we finally arrived around 11:30 PM. By midnight we were settled in - or so I thought. My daughter decided that she couldn't breath tomorrows's air (literally) if she didn't get some sort of decongestant. So I ventured out into the black night in search of some sort of convenience store. I walked into the only open establishment and immediately knew that I was a fish out of water!!! This was not your mother's 7-11!!!! It was a convenience store/liquor depot/wig clearance center/tattoo parlor! AND they had a large assortment of oriental carpets for sale! Needless to say, I purchased my Nyquil and got the heck out of Dodge!!!

BTW Anyplace, I think I saw you in the barn when Kennett so graciously agreed to the tiara photo-op, but was not introduced (an understandable oversight on KS's part considering the amount of medication she was forced to ingest just to breath). I watched your student ride & thought it was a gorgeous round!

[This message has been edited by BlueGooPonyShampoo (edited 11-07-2000).]

Justbay
Nov. 7, 2000, 01:58 PM
I did find out that the reason they built that nice facilty in Williamston, was b/c it was built with Federal funds, snce Williamton is such a "depressed" area.

"Bob Martin" got the federal funding to build it in hopes it would give a boost to the local economy.

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 7, 2000, 02:00 PM
KS - I'm glad to hear you were returned home safe & sound. I trust all the ponies/horses made it home fine? Shall we begin making preperations for the final push this weekend? You say the word & we're there!!!

Inverness
Nov. 7, 2000, 02:14 PM
And to think that I missed the NC hotel scene to spend the weekend in upper east side luxury w/car service to and from The Garden . . . what WAS I thinking?

Electric Chair
Nov. 7, 2000, 02:27 PM
Well I've been a lurker for quite some time....but I'm venturing "out" to say that I distinctly remember seeing a well known poster, wearing a slightly tarnished tiara, sipping from a half empty clear bottle in the longing area - ha - sick day on Monday indeed!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 02:30 PM
Homer! I love it! Wait until KS sees this. She's been found out! I knew it...

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 7, 2000, 02:44 PM
AH Homer, Homer, Homer!!! Are you suggesting that our beloved KS is nothing more than the libatious reputation that proceeds her? I'll have to admit that I have not personally been privy to the shark club antics that have been described in recent posts ... but, she was on a mission this weekend: take-no-prisoner-points!!! I believe she fulfilled her goals and is thereby entitled to imbibe in whatever "release" she deems appropriate. Rest assured, she'll be back in the saddle again this weekend!!!!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 02:58 PM
Yes, off the wagon and in the saddle...

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:04 PM
Ok, OK, OK ... You've got me laughing, Anyplace!!!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:14 PM
BlueGooWhichOneWereYou? We were stabled right next to you...

VTrider
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:16 PM
BlueGooWhichOneWereYou? We were stabled right next to you...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I was stabled right across the main aisle from APF!!!!!

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:19 PM
Inverness,

You certainly missed a weekend to be remembered!!!! I'm weighing the two ... valet parking & the Garden on the one hand, or our points-or-bust game plan in Williamston on the other ... hmmm ...

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:20 PM
My daughter rode in Large Pony Hunter on Tea N Crumpets ... KS is our trainer.

WHOA!
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joliemom:
Welcome to NC...proud state of some of the MOST ignorant horse people known to the equestrian art! Reason 1 BILLION to move to VA! ! Seriously, it is a nice state, minus a few 50 or so counties!

Sigh. It is true. NC is indeed the State of Ignorant Horse People. I guess that's why we've shipped in some ringers like Captain Mark Phillips, Bill Long aka the Godfather of Combined Driving in the US, and enough dressage trainers with Eurotrash accents that if you dressed them as clowns they could do the How Many Clowns are in that VW? routine. Otherwise, the natives down here would still be foxhunting on their big lick Walking Horses. Tallyho Midnight's Rackin' King!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, if you guys think NC is horse know-how deficient, try Indiana sometime. It was so good to come home to show with Virginians again. Even though the judging was...imaginative. I'm usually the first person to admit I didn't deserve a ribbon (VTrider can vouch for that) but I thought my horse did get robbed this weekend. And VTrider DEFINATELY was robbed in the stakes class. Unless there's some new rule I hadn't heard about that swapping off in one corner is worse than eating three jumps for breakfast...

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:29 PM
Ohhhh, phooey... I'm not going to remember you, then. I know there were different moms and dads and kids over there. The only time I spent near our stall, it seems, was to braid and I was a little focused on that at the time. Except, of course, when KS pulled up a chair right into my stall and closed the door as if we were two girls in a dorm room catching up on gossip. Well, now that I think about it, it was kind of like that. She was my morning coffee.

[This message has been edited by Anyplace Farm (edited 11-07-2000).]

Electric Chair
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueGooPonyShampoo:
AH Homer, Homer, Homer!!! Are you suggesting that our beloved KS is nothing more than the libatious reputation that proceeds her? Rest assured, she'll be back in the saddle again this weekend!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PLEASE - this is a family BB!

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:33 PM
APF, I'll make a point to introduce myself next time!

sassyjumper
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:44 PM
After looking forward to it so long I didn't have a chance to enjoy too much of the show.

Blew my back putting up the van's ramp. It was my first show back since I fell and had Manley do a sitspin on my elbow. I had a total mental breakdown schooling for jumpers friday night. Couldn't even get over a small 3'3" oxer on my boy. My hotel was over a half hour away. My mental breakdown continued into Saturday when I barely could get through my classes on Manley then Ordained was eliminated at the second jump. To top it off Ordained decided to show his prowess and get some attention by casting himself in the stall early Sunday AM (I hate it when he does that). Thankfully the farm next door caught it and set him right.

By the time we left I just couldn't wait to get home. I am sure next year will be much better.

Shelli

PS: Kenette Square - Next time stop by High Point Farm. We always have the bubbly on ice!

VTrider
Nov. 7, 2000, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WHOA!:
Unless there's some new rule I hadn't heard about that swapping off in one corner is worse than eating three jumps for breakfast...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't even that - He swapped the last stride of the five coming towards the ingate..Eeerrrr!!!!!

Yes WHOA! you were SOOOOO robbed!!! APF will agree with me!!! You are the equitation queen...I look like a sack of potatoes compared to you... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 7, 2000, 04:09 PM
WHOA! I have to say, the girls and I did watch you and VTRider go and you really were much better than her! Haha! No, really, you put in a very respectable trip and I really hate to sound like sour potatoes but I think the judging was a little odd. Some I agreed w/..some I didn't. I hate when they aren't consistent.

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 7, 2000, 06:14 PM
Who has been to the New Jersey Horsepark? I just found their site a few days ago and was pleased to see that they have RV hookups, an ideal situation for those of us who tow with a camper and wish to avoid the entire hotel hassle.

Justbay
Nov. 7, 2000, 08:20 PM
Some results and write up about the show/facility are online...

Plus, if anyone who was there has suggestions for the future...
http://www.huntersway.net/vhsa_associate_championship_show.htm

[This message has been edited by Justbay (edited 11-08-2000).]

Finzean
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joliemom:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Born bred and raised in NC and rather proud of it....I've been to a couple of towns in VA much like those around the Bob martin Horse Center! YIKES!!! But one can at least find suitable accomodations at the Village in Pinehurst and entertain one's self getting lost on the fire lanes in Suffering Pines... I think Farmgate said it best..."like foxhunting in a beautifully manicured park..." or something along those lines. I'm glad Bill Long was "imported" - we leased stalls at the same facility about 7-8 years ago- nice guy. LOL about the eurotrash DQ's, but I must admit I'm eternally grateful to mine!!! And if you think NC is bad - there are places in SC that would make you want to throw yourself off a very very high bridge. On that note..."in my mind I'm going to (North)Carolina..." /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

farmgate
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:38 PM
Good Lord! What's going on over here?
...."N.C. is indeed The State of ignorant horse people."???
Say's who pray tell??
Be careful how you throw around the term, "ignorant". It may just splatter.

RumoursFollow
Nov. 7, 2000, 11:57 PM
AHHHH those of you who made the trek to Williamston (as unplanned as it may have been) should have stopped by Clemson for a visit! My roommate is from there and its about 20 minutes from here! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Glad to hear you guys had a good show... congrats to you VTRider.. sounds like you had a great show.

I managed to crash my computer this past week.. so if anyone was wondering where my (unimportant) commentary went to, I have been computerless for a week! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif

On a positive note, however, Rumour moved to my new trainers (FINALLY!) today, and things are looking good! She did however inform my mother that she needed to send the stall check for GULFPORT!... not quite sure how I feel about traveling out there as opposed to going to Ocala or WEF. But I'll live I guess /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hope everyone else had a spectac weekend as well!

[This message has been edited by RumoursFollow (edited 11-07-2000).]

VTrider
Nov. 8, 2000, 07:57 AM
RumorsFollow....We're glad you are back!! I was wondering where you had been. Yes, the show was fun - I only got one ribbon (in equitation of all things http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif )...so it wasn't exactly great. I was happy with my trips Sunday. I had fun hanging out with my friends and fellow BBers WHOA!, Anyplace Farm and Kennett Square. Will you get a fall break soon so you can come home to ride?

[This message has been edited by VTrider (edited 11-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by VTrider (edited 11-08-2000).]

Kennett Square
Nov. 8, 2000, 09:11 AM
Sassy Rider,

Many thanks for the fine offer of a bit of the bubbly to keep me going through the day. Thank God it wasn't the kids who were making me feel like I needed a drink. They were marvelous. And for me to say that is like Hell freezing over!! I will be glad to come over and introduce myself at the next show where they have jumpers. I'm always glad to meet new people, especially partners in cocktails.....um I mean crime.

I was so glad I had APF and VT there to make me laugh and keep me from fixating on other less enjoyable things at the show. Since one of the other members brought up Suffering Pines, may I add that our judge du'jour is from there. She has lived there for many years and before was a resident of our own neighboring state of Maryland. Small world. I'm still wondering what happened to Kevin Lenehan?

Homer,

So good of you to come out of the BB closet, so to say. Maybe you missed the post but my tiara is not tarnished! I have all my many pony riders hard at work polishing it to a brilliant shine. As for a the half empty clear bottle in the schooling area, alas that was not me. My children's parents know better than to let my bottle get half empty. A happy Kennett Square is a well lubricated one! It bodes well for the kiddies that I'm kept that way. As for the adult amateurs, they know to come to the lessons with lots of libations for me. So my dear Homer tell us more about you....I am fascinated by your knowledge of my likes and would love to meet/know who you are.....reciprocation is the sincerest form of flattery! As for being back in the saddle, all who really know me, know that I am semi-retired from riding. I semi-retired the original KS and now I only hop on for a quick trail ride when the kids need a guide.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 8, 2000, 09:19 AM
KS - Did you see that pic of you and I on the Hunter's Way page? You really looked quite fetching in the lovely yet tarnished tiara.

Justbay
Nov. 8, 2000, 09:19 AM
I have seen a pic of the TIARA and it is definately not tarnished-

Quite sparkley actually...

Kennett Square
Nov. 8, 2000, 09:39 AM
APF,

I did see the pic. But I'm very curious about it. I wasn't wearing any white eyeshadow when the pic was taken and now there appears to be some. I wonder if Sea Urchin didn't get his hands on the negative and do some selective touching up to enhance the big bags under my eyes, so as to draw attention to the big white slashes above my eyes. I liked the pic of me better at Mosby's. Alcohol always inproves the quality of the pic you know....!!!!

VTrider
Nov. 8, 2000, 09:41 AM
That Sea Urchin...so so innocent...yet so so evil /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 8, 2000, 09:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kennett Square:
APF,

I did see the pic. But I'm very curious about it. I liked the pic of me better at Mosby's. Alcohol always inproves the quality of the pic you know....!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alas, McDonalds featuring prominently has cast a sallow tone on what is an otherwise glorious portrait! KS, that's it, I will pack your meals. Daqueries, Bloody Mary's, Hot Toddies and champagne. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The first two to keep up the oh so important vitamin intake, the third to keep that glow in your cheeks and the last to provide vigor!

When I think of the assortment of cheeses going to waste in my larder whilst you go out into the world unprepared is enough to stiffen my resolve to become official provisioner to the court.

[This message has been edited by Everythingbutwings (edited 11-08-2000).]

Kennett Square
Nov. 8, 2000, 10:13 AM
ETBW,

I want to be officially adopted by you!! Thank you for providing me with sustenence at these long shows with very little choice in quality foods. While your at it could you through in a few morsels for our own Ms. Anyplace. She's a tad on the thin side and a good meal would help her keep up her energy as she runs back and forth to the ring. I thinks she's might be a poor shipper. A little nervous and gets off her feed easily. Unlike myself who is a geat shipper and wants to eat whenever I arrive at the show. It's very hard to keep this voluptous figure walking around the show grounds as much as I do.....sigh...

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 8, 2000, 10:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kennett Square:
ETBW,

I want to be officially adopted by you!! Thank you for providing me with sustenence at these long shows with very little choice in quality foods. While your at it could you through in a few morsels for our own Ms. Anyplace. I thinks she's might be a poor shipper. A little nervous and gets off her feed easily. ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look for a basket of goodies on your doorstep, I work just south of Hayfield off the parkway at Newington. Am I correct in assuming you to be within a quick dash? Let me know when you are off to the next royal function and I shall deliver the proverbial good(ies) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RumoursFollow
Nov. 8, 2000, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
[B]RumorsFollow....We're glad you are back!! I was wondering where you had been. Yes, the show was fun - I only got one ribbon (in equitation of all things http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif )...so it wasn't exactly great. I was happy with my trips Sunday. I had fun hanging out with my friends and fellow BBers WHOA!, Anyplace Farm and Kennett Square. Will you get a fall break soon so you can come home to ride?
B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! One ribbon is good! More than I can account for myself usually /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif This past week was actually my fall break... and I had to go home to get my deb dress fitted. (and I have to brag about how it was WAY too big... I've lost a dress size and a half since we measured it a month ago! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) Anyway.. I'm going ot be coming to VA the weekend after Thanksgiving to ride my horse for the first time since August 20th! Not sure if he'll be at a show or at home. Hopefully I'll get to meet everyone soon!

VTrider
Nov. 8, 2000, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RumoursFollow:

I've lost a dress size and a half since we measured it a month ago<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are lucky!!! When I went to college - I blew up like a whale!!!! Freshman 15 was more like Freshman 20!!!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 8, 2000, 12:15 PM
ETBW,

While your at it could you through in a few morsels for our own Ms. Anyplace. She's a tad on the thin side and a good meal would help her keep up her energy as she runs back and forth to the ring. I thinks she's might be a poor shipper. A little nervous and gets off her feed easily. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, now, now...I wouldn't say I don't get my good meals, my dear. But I have noticed this nagging scraping of my teeth up against my cheeks and it just makes it so hard for me to chew thoroughly. Do you think I need my teeth floated? If not, I think it's just that hot, thoroughbred blood that keeps me so thin. Genetics, darling...what can I say?

Kennett Square
Nov. 8, 2000, 01:24 PM
ETBW,

You work so close to where I live. I reside in Rose Hill a few miles north of Hayfield and Newington. So strange....What a small world. Cuuld you drop by on a daily basis and leave me meals? I usually get in too late to cook and have to eat frozen food stuffs...It's so hard to have a full time job and teach the masses to ride...sigh.. But I do the best I can, only allowing myself to suffer for my art. ROFL!!

[This message has been edited by Kennett Square (edited 11-08-2000).]

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 8, 2000, 01:30 PM
ROFL? Kennett Square, I'm ROFC! Rolling on the floor crying! What a heart wrenching tale of your existence... I can't go on...

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 8, 2000, 01:35 PM
You poor thing! And to think of the meals I have been plying my unappreciative co-workers with for so long!

I must bake, simmer and roast, oh boy Holiday Practice! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Electric Chair
Nov. 8, 2000, 01:37 PM
ETBW,
But I do the best I can, only allowing myself to suffer for my art. ROFL!!

[This message has been edited by Kennett Square (edited 11-08-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

K Squared, I think that tiara's gotten a little too tight...ROFL

Kennett Square
Nov. 8, 2000, 01:38 PM
APF,

Honey it's ok, I think what you have is low blood sugar. I think a lovely extra large glass of very sweetened tea and a massive plate of grits will fix you right up. Or the fact we've left lovely Williamston, home of tattoo parlors and no-pay gas stations. Withdrawal is hard but you can do it and I will help. I have a very good friend who lives in Suffering Pines who'll let you stay for a few days to ease your pain. Maybe we can take that short hop over to the Manor to see the judge ( her husband runs that and the golf course there). I know you were so enamored of her judging and ethics at the show. But that's another story I must tell you about at our next show. Just think, did you see two people sitting to her right all day Sunday while she judged? Well she chatted the whole show to them. Turns out it was a parent of one of the exhibitors. How friendly and social that was. Good neighborly Southern hospitality at it's best.

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 8, 2000, 01:45 PM
APF,
How friendly and social that was. Good neighborly Southern hospitality at it's best.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have no idea! My baby sister called from Charleston, SC a few weeks ago to give us all the exciting news that she and her fiance were just married by their neighbor who is a notary.

I sent food.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 8, 2000, 01:53 PM
APF,

Honey it's ok, I think what you have is low blood sugar. I think a lovely extra large glass of very sweetened tea and a massive plate of grits will fix you right up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a matter of fact, I did fix a nice batch of sweet tea the other night and swigged on it while pondering the election last night. I'm feeling revived already.

Just think, did you see two people sitting to her right all day Sunday while she judged? Well she chatted the whole show to them. Turns out it was a parent of one of the exhibitors. How friendly and social that was. Good neighborly Southern hospitality at it's best.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did indeed see that and I tend to try to turn a blind eye because I know no matter what, I can't do a thing about it. I just wish in cases like that, the judge would use a little discretion and understand that it just doesn't look good, regardless of what is or is not taking place.

It's the exact reason why I ask my girls not to whisper when other people are within earshot. When they tell me that they aren't saying anything about anyone, I explain that it doesn't matter...you don't want to even appear like you are. People can do a lot with suspicion.

VTrider
Nov. 8, 2000, 02:02 PM
Turns out it was a parent of one of the exhibitors. How friendly and social that was. Good neighborly Southern hospitality at it's best.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if my good looking father had gone and talked to her...maybe she would've notice my stakes trip, all of WHOA!'s trips and APF's horse's first trip??? Can you all tell I am still bitter /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WHOA!
Nov. 8, 2000, 02:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
So if my good looking father had gone and talked to her...maybe she would've notice my stakes trip, all of WHOA!'s trips and APF's horse's first trip??? Can you all tell I am still bitter /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, maybe it would've helped. Or maybe you just shouldn't have been seen having a good time with me. I believe the friendly parent is one that I know, and who isn't exactly my biggest fan =)! And you do NOT look like a sack of potatoes! I wasn't surprised to see that equitation ribbon.

mizzwade
Nov. 8, 2000, 02:12 PM
"Good neighborly Southern hospitality at it's best."
Is that what you call the waffle King in Greensboro, NC?? Ah, memories of horse shopping...

Kennett Square
Nov. 8, 2000, 02:15 PM
Folks,

Let's not speculate over what parent it was. I do know who's it was but it truly didn't help that person too much. The judge was way happier explaining how tough it was to judge and all the responsibilities that go with it. Wish she had taken some of her own advice..... But just for future reference, a cute man will always win that girl over. Sorry to have missed meeting you WHOA. You must introduce yourself next time!

VTrider
Nov. 8, 2000, 02:19 PM
Sorry to have missed meeting you WHOA. You must introduce yourself next time!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually KS - you did meet her...she was the tall pretty girl who has the grey horse that you like (along with everyone else in the world)...Is the lightbulb coming on yet? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RumoursFollow
Nov. 8, 2000, 03:46 PM
You are lucky!!! When I went to college - I blew up like a whale!!!! Freshman 15 was more like Freshman 20!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe you me, VT, thats exactly what I'm trying to get off! haha. Last year I lived in the dorm and it just happened to be the one that connected to the cafeteria... those people in housing should have known better! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Not that the food was good, but I do love pasta and they had plenty of that. Not good for the diet! lol. This year I live in an on campus appartment where for the most part, the four of us would rather starve than go to the grocery store after class and lose our good parking spots /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VTrider
Nov. 8, 2000, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RumoursFollow:
I do love pasta and they had plenty of that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooohhhhh - you are a carbohydrates addict like myself...bread, cheese and pasta...all I need to survive!!!

RumoursFollow
Nov. 8, 2000, 04:04 PM
Amen to that! Cheese is my main food group. the only thing we end up buying around here is chicken, cheese, and bread. We actually discussed today that we should start going to Sams and buying it in bulk. Sounds like we should all be a bunch of whales.. and although I might fall into that category myself... the other three are TINY!!! Go figure.. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 8, 2000, 04:11 PM

Thank God it wasn't the kids who were making me feel like I needed a drink. They were marvelous. And for me to say that is like Hell freezing over!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were wonderful weren't they? They can be way off on the other extreme at times (yeah, I've got no false illusions about my own kid!!) but they were super this weekend; both in the ring and out. I was really proud of all of them!

Maybe you missed the post but my tiara is not tarnished! I have all my many pony riders hard at work polishing it to a brilliant shine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can attest to this AND it doesn't stop there! There is actually a ritual Tiara Retiring Ceremony that is practiced at the end of each show. The tiara, perched upon an ermine cushion, is paraded about the barn so that each child may pay homage to its opulent splendor.

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 8, 2000, 07:09 PM
Amen to that! Cheese is my main food group. the only thing we end up buying is chicken, cheese and bread.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now dears, tonight I am taking the left over oven stuffer and turning it into delectable Chicken Veronique, a light, yet tasty, melange of breast chicken chunks, white grapes and toasted pecans in a light dressing of honey, mayonnaise, just a touch of dijon mustard and minced sweet onion and celery. Served on a bed of fresh lettuce with a crisp roll ......Ahhh!

Have a bit of smoked Gouda and a crisp apple - No man will attempt to rob you of your repast, it contains greenery.

All the main food groups and easy to tote in a disposable plastic container in your sandwich case.

NOTE: Now is the time to fill your flasks with Courvasier for those all so important checks! It goes so nicely with soooooo many treats and may be appreciated on it's own! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RumoursFollow
Nov. 8, 2000, 07:38 PM
ETBW--

Can I move into your house so you can cook for me? Please? I'll be good I promise! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 8, 2000, 10:21 PM
Well, this'll tick everyone off...

First off, everyone said I'd gain weight when I hit puberty. Nope. I'd gain weight when I got on the pill. Nope. I'd gain weight when I went to college. Nope. I'd gain weight when I got married. Negative. I'd gain weight when I got in my late 20's. Oh please. I'm in my late 30's now and I still weigh 115. OK, so I put on two pounds in the last 15 years.

Excuse me while I go check on my leftover mexican from Anita's...darn, those refried beans are good with that cheese slathered all over them!

This message is to everyone who gives me a hard time for being skinny.

Love ya all! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VTrider
Nov. 9, 2000, 08:08 AM
I'm in my late 30's now and I still weigh 115. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG - Excuse me while I puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 9, 2000, 09:25 AM
Oh my, VTRider! Has it come down to that? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

WHOA!
Nov. 9, 2000, 11:41 AM
OMG - Excuse me while I puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm right there with you VTrider. After all, as a certain friend of ours would say, I AM a big girl! =)

VTrider
Nov. 9, 2000, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WHOA!:
I'm right there with you VTrider. After all, as a certain friend of ours would say, I AM a big girl! =)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I am not built to do Equitation...What's that Queen Song, "Fat Bottomed Girls..." my anthem!!

WHOA!
Nov. 9, 2000, 11:46 AM
Sorry to have missed meeting you WHOA. You must introduce yourself next time![/B][/QUOTE]

I have met you! In fact you're already one of my favorite people since I love anybody that likes my horse. But I was not yet a member of this fine organization so I didn't make the connection =) I have that big
white sweetheart of a horse that is way more worthwile than any man I've ever met <g>

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 9, 2000, 11:46 AM
Well, I'm a twig and can't help it and get so tired of people giving me crap about it. I would NEVER discuss someone's weight with them but wow, when you are thin, people think they can talk about it like you are a piece of furniture.

VTrider
Nov. 9, 2000, 11:48 AM
Well, I'm a twig and can't help it and get so tired of people giving me crap about it. I would NEVER discuss someone's weight with them but wow, when you are thin, people think they can talk about it like you are a piece of furniture.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all just envy you...we love you, APF!!! Take pride in you skinny-ness!!!

WHOA!
Nov. 9, 2000, 11:49 AM
Well, I'm a twig and can't help it and get so tired of people giving me crap about it. I would NEVER discuss someone's weight with them but wow, when you are thin, people think they can talk about it like you are a piece of furniture.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I know what you mean. It's the same way when you're really tall. The stuff people will say is amazing.

VTrider
Nov. 9, 2000, 11:50 AM
Hey, I know what you mean. It's the same way when you're really tall. The stuff people will say is amazing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i.e. - shouldn't you be swinging off a vine with Tarzan somewhere.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WHOA!
Nov. 9, 2000, 12:32 PM
i.e. - shouldn't you be swinging off a vine with Tarzan somewhere.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shhhhh...I'm putting all that behind me now:0

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 9, 2000, 12:35 PM
Well, I think I called you guys supermodels. Much more fitting than 'vine clingers'.

By the way, WHOA!, is it true about Tarzan?

Inverness
Nov. 9, 2000, 02:04 PM
Well, this'll tick everyone off...

First off, everyone said I'd gain weight when I hit puberty. Nope. I'd gain weight when I got on the pill. Nope. I'd gain weight when I went to college. Nope. I'd gain weight when I got married. Negative. I'd gain weight when I got in my late 20's. Oh please. I'm in my late 30's now and I still weigh 115. OK, so I put on two pounds in the last 15 years.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You obviously haven't been eating at ETBW's place!

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 9, 2000, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Inverness:
You obviously haven't been eating at ETBW's place!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will work on her!

Kennett Square
Nov. 9, 2000, 02:51 PM
Ms. APF,

You are perfect the way you are!! I think we need to do more photo ops at the shows. I'll be sure to put make up on next time. Maybe we could do an Associate collection photo album of all the shows we attended in one year together. I know by myself I do too many for me to count on all my fingers and toes several times over.... It could be a lovely best selling designer table book. Sort of like Madonna's book but with our clothes on or at least the majority of them...We of course would include all our near and dear friends that wished to be in there too. Maybe if it became popular enough we could do a seasonal book or even a calender??? Professional Point Chasers Chat about Point Garnerning, has a catchy ring don't you think?

Electric Chair
Nov. 9, 2000, 02:55 PM
Maybe we could do an Associate collection photo album of all the shows we attended in one year together..... Sort of like Madonna's book but with our clothes on or at least the majority of them...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

K.S.,
So this means you'll be omitting the summer Culpeper shows??

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 9, 2000, 03:06 PM
ETBW - you will be official caterer at all of our horse shows next season which we will now call, Tiara Events. Then, I will step on a scale at the end of the year and we'll see how big my butt got.

KS - I can see you and I are going to be partying a lot next year, so, you're on...I'm going to start taking more pictures. I have so many darn pictures of these girls but I was thinking of doing a 'Year Book' this year. So, maybe that's what we should do?

Kennett Square
Nov. 9, 2000, 03:33 PM
Homer,

I have plenty of days in the week to hit Culpeper. Not to worry. Maybe you will stop lurking in the shadows and come into the sun. Looking forward to seeing you in the so called flesh.

Electric Chair
Nov. 9, 2000, 04:00 PM
Homer,
Looking forward to seeing you in the so called flesh.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So called flesh indeed -Obviously you've forgotten Seabrook.

[This message has been edited by Homer (edited 11-09-2000).]

Kennett Square
Nov. 9, 2000, 04:11 PM
Homer,

You are way to astute!! It seems you have been at some of the shows I have frequented. Did I buy you a drink? Flash you? or just not recognize you sitting quietly in the shadows? Tell me more.....LOL

Electric Chair
Nov. 9, 2000, 04:17 PM
Homer,

It seems you have been at some of the shows I have frequented. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes - and some of the horse shows too.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 9, 2000, 04:53 PM
This is getting intriguing.

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 9, 2000, 07:27 PM
HMMM ... curious-er and curious-er...

WHOA!
Nov. 9, 2000, 10:53 PM
Well, I think I called you guys supermodels. Much more fitting than 'vine clingers'.

By the way, WHOA!, is it true about Tarzan?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, thanks APF! And of course it's true! Jane was just a myth--everybody knows any self-respecting tarzan prefers an amazon woman now and then /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kennett Square
Nov. 10, 2000, 08:36 AM
WHOA,

You are not an Amazon, you are a beautiful statuesque women. If I were you I'd try to do the doing the runway modeling. Just think great clothes, beautiful places and lots of money for the big fabulous white horse!!

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 10, 2000, 09:08 AM
Kennett Square, I have to run out to Booth at lunch and can do the mercy run should you so desire.

WHOA! More power to you and the beautiful gray. I second KS's remark, statuesque is a very good thing. So, by the way is Junoesque as I remind my misguided man frequently /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Electric Chair
Nov. 10, 2000, 09:24 AM
This is getting intriguing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't know the half of it - if that chesnut horse could talk...

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 10, 2000, 09:33 AM
You guys are makin' me laugh.

And Homer, please tell me they don't do that stuff in front of the horses...

Kennett Square
Nov. 10, 2000, 09:39 AM
ETBW,

Heartfelt thanks for the offer of sustenance!! I wish I was at home so I could take you up on it.

Homer,

Which chestnut horse is that? I know quite a few and they all have a lurid past. Seems to me you've heard quite a few things from the chestnut horse's mouth. Anything in particular that you wish to share? I love hearing stories from the past. It's always fun to get someone elses take of the story as it happend and as it gets told....

VTrider
Nov. 10, 2000, 09:41 AM
Like sands through the hour glass, so are the Days of Our Lives!!!

I am loving this!!!!!

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 10, 2000, 09:55 AM
ETBW,

Heartfelt thanks for the offer of sustenance!! I wish I was at home so I could take you up on it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Such a pity but that Jamaican guy at Booth is looking thin, it won't go to waste! (I'm keeping the split of Mum's, though /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Electric Chair
Nov. 10, 2000, 10:37 AM
Like sands through the hour glass, so are the Days of Our Lives!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you might ask Kennett about the sands at Seabrook. Ring any bells K.G.???

Well enough clues for now....back to lurkdom...

Kennett Square
Nov. 10, 2000, 10:52 AM
Well dear folks ask away about the sands at Seabrook. But that is one story I can't claim to know about. Maybe if Homer could refresh my memory I could be able to tell it......Now a lap dance at the Privateer is another thing. LOL!

WHOA!
Nov. 10, 2000, 10:56 AM
KS and ETBW, y'all are way too nice! I appreciate the kind words. And I will be sure to tell the white horse that other people think he's cute, too. He keeps telling me that mom and I are just biased...
Of course, that's only when he's trying to get out of a four-hour Quick Silver bath!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 10, 2000, 11:57 AM
WHOA! You need to hunt yourself down a rower. That's what I have and he is a delicious 6'5", blue eyes, dark hair. They are the most fit males in the world. Time Magazine even said that rowers are the most phyically fit due to their sport (when they were doing a story on my man's buddy who was in this past Olympics). But the nicest thing is that a rower must be very tall.

WHOA!
Nov. 10, 2000, 12:35 PM
WHOA! You need to hunt yourself down a rower... the nicest thing is that a rower must be very tall.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm...I'll have to look into this. Is there any actual water in Indiana? Maybe I'll call this Reason #8 million and two that I need to move back to VA once I'm done up here: I need to find me a rower /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 10, 2000, 12:37 PM
Hmmm. Good point. But there has to be since they had the Pan Ams there and I know they do rowing in the Pan Ams 'cause baby went there for it once.

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 10, 2000, 12:48 PM
Well dear folks ask away about the sands at Seabrook. But that is one story I can't claim to know about. Maybe if Homer could refresh my memory I could be able to tell it......Now a lap dance at the Privateer is another thing. LOL!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

KS - think real hard ... BUCAWZ (remnant verbage left-over from last weekend's NC experience)I'm thinkin' I'd like to hear that Seabrook story! Also, a recount (pardon the term - bad choice considering the current state of the election) of the Privateer story could also be amusing. Pardon me if my facts are inaccurate, but wasn't someone asked not to return to that fine establishment? Oooo, I'm waiting with bated breath for the details! I'm certain the entertainment value of this thread can only be enhanced by your reply.

[This message has been edited by BlueGooPonyShampoo (edited 11-10-2000).]

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 10, 2000, 01:28 PM
OK, I'm back from the Panty Line post... now, KS, what is this about you and lap dancing? Didn't I tell you to stick to the pole? It's too dangerous down there with the masses. Stay on the stage honey. By the way, did you have your tiara on while you did this? I guess this is why Homer said it is tarnished somewhat.

Kennett Square
Nov. 10, 2000, 01:35 PM
Folks,

Ms.APF is RIGHT on about the rowers. I've seen her's and he is definately worth keeping!! I might have to re-think the cowboy and hockey player thing.... But then again why can't I have all 3.ME ME ME it's all about me....LOL

BGPS,

For shame on you!! That is a tale I only tell in detail when adult folks are around!! But needless to say the patrons were thrilled and the staid management mortified. Them being that shocked surprised me, since the horse show had been held there for the last 5-6 years. I can't believe I was the straw that broke the camel's back??? I have been at the Privateer when the love of my life, Peter Pletcher, caused way more of a commotion....sigh... once again ineqaulity of the sexes. So to speak. LOL I think that your penance for being so sassy today is to go to the show with us tomorrow and leave at 4:30AM with a sparkling clean white pony!!!

Electric Chair
Nov. 10, 2000, 01:39 PM
OK, I'm back from the Panty Line post... now, KS, what is this about you and lap dancing? I guess this is why Homer said it is tarnished somewhat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, APF, now you've figured out the meaning of KS and those other "shows" I referred to above...

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 10, 2000, 01:50 PM
4:30 AM and the pony has to sparkle? OUCH!!! Sassy is expensive!!!!

APF, you're absolutely correct: she needs to be confined to the Pole!!!

Homer, it's obvious that you have more than a little "dirt" on our beloved KS. I'll grant KS her assertion that its "all about ME ME ME." Hey! It is! But there is a larger issue at hand, here: You've got the dirt; we want it; whats your price?

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 10, 2000, 01:56 PM
Are you going to Hunter's Way, Amber Hill or Cedar Run? I need to know should I pack cold provisions or is it a short trip and hot items are in order?

Cedar Run has it's advantages, smoked pork barbeque, cole slaw and baked beans with a between classes snack tray of cheese and fruit and holiday meatballs.

Hunter's Way and Amber Hill go the chilled route with quiche lorraine decorated with asparagus and tomatoes, crudite' platter, shrimp cocktail and cheese/crackers.

A mellow zinfandel to accompany.

Always provided are baby carrots, horses need their treats as well!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 10, 2000, 01:58 PM
But there is a larger issue at hand, here: You've got the dirt; we want it; whats your price? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and are there pictures?

[This message has been edited by Anyplace Farm (edited 11-10-2000).]

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 10, 2000, 02:03 PM
ETBW: all of the above ... YUM!

APF: Ooooh, pictures! Works for me.

Electric Chair
Nov. 10, 2000, 02:04 PM

Homer, it's obvious that you have more than a little "dirt" on our beloved KS. You've got the dirt; we want it; whats your price? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'm not cheap.....and yes, APF, I had to go to a number of photo developers - they won't all develop those type of pictures, if you get my drift....

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 10, 2000, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Homer:
Well I'm not cheap.....and yes, APF, I had to go to a number of photo developers - they won't all develop those type of pictures, if you get my drift....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, for the one that will, ask them to put it on a disk so we can post it to the internet. Because, as KS says herself, if it's on the internet, it's true!

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 10, 2000, 02:13 PM
ETBW: all of the above ... YUM! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, yes, but where do I deliver to? The logistics could be dicey. What if I appear at the wrong location and dish up the goodies to a pack of undeserving strangers just because they have cute ponies? We don't want that to happen, now do we?

[This message has been edited by Everythingbutwings (edited 11-10-2000).]

Kennett Square
Nov. 10, 2000, 02:21 PM
Oh my,

I see where a few youthful indiscretions might be brought to life here... Now I am older and have matured somewhat. So of course what one does as a juvenile can't be held against me?

I too must see the pic's. Since I have become a responsible citizen I have put those things behind me, and a quick glimpse might jog my memory. I also see where my "true" friends are going... off to see the fun I had in my youth!!!

ETBW,

I have a feeling I will be all over VA this weekend. Pack a huge basket of all and a enormous thermos of Absolut and CranRasberry for me. At least that way I know I will have a fabulous meal that will not be a dried hamburger patty. I am very partial to all the foods listed above!! Please send me the bill. My clients will be glad to take care of that for me. I shall be beholden to you forever. Give your sweet baby lots of carrots for me!

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 10, 2000, 02:28 PM
Homer: Hmmm ... I'm thinkin' that between APF and I, we could probably scrape together the necessary price (you know APF has a delicious 6'5" blue-eyed rower ... mine is a 6'3" top-dollar techno-wiz-kid)!

APF: WE don't need no stinkin' disk!!!!! I've got a state of the art scanner - photos are fine!

KS: I'm thinkin' we've got ya on the run! Dried burger or ETBW's gourmet tummy-temptors, we're payin' for it anyways!!!! We might as well get a little extra bang for our buck! Oh my, this is gonna cost me big!!!

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 10, 2000, 02:30 PM
Oh my,

I see where my "true" friends are going... off to see the fun I had in my youth!!!

ETBW,

I have a feeling I will be all over VA this weekend. Pack a huge basket of all and a enormous thermos of Absolut and CranRasberry for me. At least that way I know I will have a fabulous meal that will not be a dried hamburger patty. I am very partial to all the foods listed above!! . I shall be beholden to you forever. Give your sweet baby lots of carrots for me!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since it is completely local I shall look for you all at Cedar Run unless otherwise notified! Oh the bliss of a full freezer and friends to eat the result. You have no idea of the favor you do for me!

Luckily I have a picnic basket (well broken in from 'chases) and a propane hotplate!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 10, 2000, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Everythingbutwings:
Oh the bliss of a full freezer and friends to eat the result. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's it, I'm skipping Nashville w/the girls this weekend and I'm coming to Cedar Run.

BlueGooPonyShampoo
Nov. 10, 2000, 02:34 PM
We luv ya, Anything!!!

Kennett Square
Nov. 10, 2000, 03:15 PM
Well folks,

I'm going home now to catch up on my much needed sleep for my worldwind tour of VHSA Associate shows this weekend. I shall not be able to read the besmirching remarks made by some, envious of my spirited youth....

ETBW,

I shall see you on Sunday and look forward to chatting again, not to mention dining with you. Please bring more pictures of your baby.

Ms.APF,

You shall pay for the remarks about a tarnished tiara and willing to pay for photo's. I'll have to see how far back my memory goes and what I can pull out about your youth!! I look forward to seeing you at Cedar Run.

Mommy BGPS,;

I see we shall have to have a little chat. I might just be there all day Sunday at Cedar Run and Mike shan't have to come...hmmmm, no stirrups for the Precious daughter all day? Yes, children should not have to pay for the sins of the parents but.....hee hee hee. I love to torure children and this is the perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

Homer,

I bid you adieu until Monday morning. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite. Can't wait to see he pics.

By the by, I might be hitting Mosby's or the Sharks Club Saturday night. Any takers?

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 10, 2000, 06:01 PM

ETBW,

I shall see you on Sunday and look forward to chatting again, not to mention dining with you. Please bring more pictures of your baby.

Yes, children should not have to pay for the sins of the parents but.....hee hee hee. I love to torure children and this is the perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

By the by, I might be hitting Mosby's or the Sharks Club Saturday night. Any takers?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I, alas, shall behave and miss another chance to bask in your presence at Mosby's. We wouldn't want to miss Cedar Run and the opportunity to dispense the goodies and that would be guaranteed should I divert to Middleburg! Watch out for that toad of a waiter. He has more than likely been remanded to custody by now. Colin has yet to forgive me and has insinuated my reason was overtaken by that moist shadow on the underside of a rock! http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/eek.gif

Miss Maddie has developed a camera aversion but I will attempt new photos to share. She seems to be able to "stop action" the instant I set foot in her pasture burdened by photographic equipment. At all other time she is a practicing Nadia Komanice(sorry for the spelling, I have killed off many brain cells since that Olympics).

And, KS, I love your attitude towards the children. We must share the suffering we went through at their age to be able to attain the lofty position of attempting to impart a small portion of the knowledge OUR teachers tried to pound into our heads

Nasty things, never played nice when I was a child! As you may glean from this, the fruit of my own loins turned 18 yesterday and I awoke to find him STILL in residence! Bah! Out Out Damned Spot! One bad night in my frivolous youth and it lingers. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/mad.gif

MsHunter
Nov. 10, 2000, 08:27 PM
Everythingbutwings,way back in this post you asked about the NJHorsepark.. We are showing there tomorrow. They do have RV hookup,but do you seriously do RVs? You may like the show facility it can be rather nice. It depends what show you want to attend. We are showing tomorrow, they have an A2 runing this week. Email if you ever want more info.
These shows are usually the smaller A type.

Kennett and ETBWs, I would go for the mellow zinfandel and the Absolut' also, in fact together!

For the rest of you, I had a NICE dinner with Duffy while in Virginia this week! What a wonderful person! It was fun, but too short a visit..

For those of you (pacificosolo) who flamed NC the state you live in as far as professional horseman etc, boy oh boy, would I love to live in NC. Come on!

Danny Robershaw, Frank Willard, Pat Dodson and Keith Hastings, Brian Flynn, Patty Heukeroth, who did I miss? ahh, nice weather year round! I am jealous!

Oh, and some Culpeper shows are definitely on our list for 2001, so hopefully I can emet the rest of you (all)!@

Duffy
Nov. 10, 2000, 09:10 PM
I have to say, that meeting so many people from the BB has been so wonderful! My last "first" was with Jane this past Wednesday - a total delight! (And you should see the pix of her babies!!!! sigh. . .drool. . . /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

We can blame Sea Urchin for getting me hooked on the BB. . .I guess Inverness would have been my first meeting with someone through the BB. . .VTrider has become a fixture around my place. My kids have offered her free room and board! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SoEasy came to visit. . .I met up with the group at Moseby's, including: Kennett Square, Colin, ETBW, HM, Elghund, Paige, Texas Dreaming. . .sorry if I've forgotten someone. . it was a while back and many glasses on wine ago! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

At WIHS, I met up with DMK and Hattie and friends, who were there to hold my hand during some upsetting news. . .

I only hope I get to meet, in person, the other special friends I've made and have yet to make in the future. I feel sure that I will some day. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A special thanks to Louise, who was the first BB'er to befriend me.

[This message has been edited by Duffy (edited 11-10-2000).]

VTrider
Nov. 13, 2000, 08:40 AM
OK Kennett Square - how was your whirlwind weekend? We want to know...did you have to go down Prison Camp Road again?

Kennett Square
Nov. 13, 2000, 09:25 AM
VTrider,

Sorry to say our weekend was not as successful as I had hoped. We will end up in 2nd place for both the large pony's and the eq. Not bad for an 11 year old on a 20 year old pure bred Arab with a freeze brand!! LOL I did go to Hunter's Way and had a great time (even though it was a long drive!!). The people were very nice, the jumps and ring quite lovely, and the show very laid back and friendly. I had hoped to take Sunday off, but my boss's wife decided 5:00 AM was a good time to start contractions, so I took the 2nd group to another show and it worked out well. I am SOOOO GLAD it's all over for another 3 weeks and I start chasing again....

When do you go back to the ring?

VTrider
Nov. 13, 2000, 09:31 AM

When do you go back to the ring?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not real sure, I will have to check with my financial advisor, the checkbook, and see what he says.

I had a fabulous show at Lexington this weekend. Got some ribbons in the Adults and then was 6th in the Classic. That show was one of the best run shows I have ever been to!!! I wish I could show this weekend some where, while I have this good momentum from the last two weekends. Oh well, my checkbook and my pony would probably enjoy a rest!!

Enjoy your 3 weeks of rest!!

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 13, 2000, 10:01 AM
KS - I understand I missed some fantastic food this weekend while I was in Nashvegas. The weekend for our point chasing didn't do much for us either. We will finish out 3rd in Childrens, I think second in Pleasure and first in Eq. Considering how tough it was to stay in the top three, we're pretty pleased.

Darling, you would have loved this place I went to called Denim and Diamonds. I will be scanning pictures when I get them back...me singing "I shoulda been a cowboy" by Toby Keith in the Karaoke bar. Very odd to walk around a bar and see every other person go by w/a cowboy hat on. We had a great time.

You're taking 3 weeks off? I am taking some time off to have my own life now and ride my own horse. And I think when we do come back out, we are going to focus on one show series and show like every other weekend like we did in the beginning of the year last year. This every weekend stuff is for the birds and I think we'll pour on the steam in July like we did last year too. I get a whole weekend in my own house this weekend!!!

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 13, 2000, 10:22 AM
A teeny question from silly me. Do many of the show facilities provide hand cream, hair gel, nail files, etc like Cedar Run had in their ladies? I thought that was a wonderful touch (having not only inside toilets but a CLEAN rest room impresses me)

My horses have been completely self care for years and it has been ages since I last went to a show that wasn't Middleburg or WIHS so I found the facility on Sunday to be extra nice.

Kennett Square
Nov. 13, 2000, 12:09 PM
The Cedar Run facility really was so nice. The new lights, good jumps and clean restrooms were very much appreciated. I was most fortunate to be well fed by ETBW, but the rest of the show might like to be able to buy food from a vendor on the grounds. At this show no food was being sold so you had to either have brought it yourself or drive out to get it.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 13, 2000, 01:43 PM
I was most fortunate to be well fed by ETBW, but the rest of the show might like to be able to buy food from a vendor on the grounds. At this show no food was being sold so you had to either have brought it yourself or drive out to get it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ALRIGHT ALREADY! So I missed ETBW's gourmet spread! Must you incorporate some little 'dig' at me about it in EVERY response? I mean, we could be giving someone advise on the board about braiding and you'd say, "Well, as I was nibbling on a homemade wheat thin with foie gras spread lightly upon it, I set my champagne glass down and noticed that the best way to tie up a braid is to....." I'M LEAVING FOR LUNCH NOW!!!

Everythingbutwings
Nov. 13, 2000, 01:46 PM
Be comforted knowing that we did not do the Martha Stewart hoop-la, even used paper (well, Chinet) plates and the stemware was clear plastic to match the cutlery.

And I saw no one having to drive out for food, KS sent them all over to our little do! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Kennett Square
Nov. 13, 2000, 01:50 PM
Missy Missy APF,

You are getting a tad paranoid! I was speaking as a whole for the rest of the exibitors on the grounds. I believe you were indulging in mucho eye candy where you were. I wish I had the chance to be checking out the.....hats... was that what you said...hats...

Have a lovely dinner.

Anyplace Farm
Nov. 13, 2000, 05:21 PM
OK, OK...I'm calm now. Not that my sub from Subway made me feel any better. I plan on endulging at our next little horsie foray. ETBW, you're going to have to do a repeat performance.

p.s. Nashville gave me heartburn.