PDA

View Full Version : Aiden update.. Posted Pictures! Must end the Aiden thread. Aiden is doing excellent. THANK YOU COTH!!! (137) 1/23

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RolexH
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:07 AM
Today, Tuesday, Jennifer, Joey and I will be traveling to Georgia. Jennifer's testing for living donor is scheduled for tomorrow and Thursday. Her first test is the CT scan. This test will be the one that determines size. As we all remember no one has made it past this test. Through out this process there are many disqualifying steps and procedures. We ask for you to pray for us as we travel, and for Jennifer while she undergoes the living donor work up.

Late yesterday we had our first bit of good news that we have had honestly since Aiden was born. Unfortunately on Friday the UNOS (united network of organ sharing) replied with a denial to our apeal to put Aiden at the top of the list. We were devested. I mean ablsoutley crushed. This meant that Aiden had lost his hope to get an organ. His only hope was to get a living donor match. You see the board has a maximum of 21 days to reply to an appeal. If the board cannot make a decision during that time, then the points requested automatically are applied. Last Thursday was the end to the 21 days. On FRIDAY we received a note that Aiden was denied.

Everyone was shocked and angry. The transplant team, and our transplant manager worked to fight this ruling. Immediately Aiden went to the hospital for lab work. They wrote a grievance about the delay on the reply. We were looking at another 21 days to hear anything.

As a wonderful and beautiful Christmas gift, the UNOS board gave Aiden the 40 after acknowledging hat they did indeed take longer than their 21 days. Automatically Aiden received his 40 PELD score! The 40 is only temporary. Another board at UNOS has been sent the request. They have the power to deny or keep the number given to us. Please pray that Aiden continues at the top of the list. And during this time we receive the call for a liver while he is at the top.

We know that God sent us this set back, to remind us that what we face will not be easy sailing. We have been floating on fumes thinking that once we just get his liver we will all be okay. Well, it is time to recharge. We have a long road ahead of us. Aiden must be able to not only get the liver, but survive and recover. With help from you, prayers, and strength, we will overcome these obstacles.

We are leaving this morning to head to Atlanta. Please pray for Jennifer, and us while we travel. Pray that Aiden stay strong. We had to print out hospitals that are on the way to ATlanta in case of another bleed.

We also wanted to thank everyone for the support. I did get an oppertunity to get online last week and see everyone stand by us. It helped so much. We are very lucky to have friends like you. Thank you for the amazing auction. We are blown away by the giving and selflessness.

I will have someone update for us. PLease keep checking in! XOXOXO

~~Lisa~~
Save a life, be an organ donor

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Dec. 31, 2002 at 12:59 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Dec. 31, 2002 at 02:40 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Dec. 31, 2002 at 11:23 PM.] http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 01, 2003 at 08:16 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 02, 2003 at 01:03 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 02, 2003 at 04:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 03, 2003 at 10:38 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 03, 2003 at 01:54 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 03, 2003 at 11:51 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 05, 2003 at 05:58 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 06, 2003 at 12:47 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 06, 2003 at 09:27 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 07, 2003 at 09:55 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 08, 2003 at 07:21 PM.] http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 12, 2003 at 04:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 13, 2003 at 11:12 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 14, 2003 at 06:08 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 15, 2003 at 11:34 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 16, 2003 at 01:24 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 18, 2003 at 02:36 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 22, 2003 at 11:39 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 23, 2003 at 12:09 AM.]

RolexH
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:07 AM
Today, Tuesday, Jennifer, Joey and I will be traveling to Georgia. Jennifer's testing for living donor is scheduled for tomorrow and Thursday. Her first test is the CT scan. This test will be the one that determines size. As we all remember no one has made it past this test. Through out this process there are many disqualifying steps and procedures. We ask for you to pray for us as we travel, and for Jennifer while she undergoes the living donor work up.

Late yesterday we had our first bit of good news that we have had honestly since Aiden was born. Unfortunately on Friday the UNOS (united network of organ sharing) replied with a denial to our apeal to put Aiden at the top of the list. We were devested. I mean ablsoutley crushed. This meant that Aiden had lost his hope to get an organ. His only hope was to get a living donor match. You see the board has a maximum of 21 days to reply to an appeal. If the board cannot make a decision during that time, then the points requested automatically are applied. Last Thursday was the end to the 21 days. On FRIDAY we received a note that Aiden was denied.

Everyone was shocked and angry. The transplant team, and our transplant manager worked to fight this ruling. Immediately Aiden went to the hospital for lab work. They wrote a grievance about the delay on the reply. We were looking at another 21 days to hear anything.

As a wonderful and beautiful Christmas gift, the UNOS board gave Aiden the 40 after acknowledging hat they did indeed take longer than their 21 days. Automatically Aiden received his 40 PELD score! The 40 is only temporary. Another board at UNOS has been sent the request. They have the power to deny or keep the number given to us. Please pray that Aiden continues at the top of the list. And during this time we receive the call for a liver while he is at the top.

We know that God sent us this set back, to remind us that what we face will not be easy sailing. We have been floating on fumes thinking that once we just get his liver we will all be okay. Well, it is time to recharge. We have a long road ahead of us. Aiden must be able to not only get the liver, but survive and recover. With help from you, prayers, and strength, we will overcome these obstacles.

We are leaving this morning to head to Atlanta. Please pray for Jennifer, and us while we travel. Pray that Aiden stay strong. We had to print out hospitals that are on the way to ATlanta in case of another bleed.

We also wanted to thank everyone for the support. I did get an oppertunity to get online last week and see everyone stand by us. It helped so much. We are very lucky to have friends like you. Thank you for the amazing auction. We are blown away by the giving and selflessness.

I will have someone update for us. PLease keep checking in! XOXOXO

~~Lisa~~

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Dec. 31, 2002 at 12:59 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Dec. 31, 2002 at 02:40 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Dec. 31, 2002 at 11:23 PM.] http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/lol.gif

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 01, 2003 at 08:16 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 02, 2003 at 01:03 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 02, 2003 at 04:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 03, 2003 at 10:38 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 03, 2003 at 01:54 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 03, 2003 at 11:51 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 05, 2003 at 05:58 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 06, 2003 at 12:47 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 06, 2003 at 09:27 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 07, 2003 at 09:55 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 08, 2003 at 07:21 PM.] http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 12, 2003 at 04:50 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 13, 2003 at 11:12 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 14, 2003 at 06:08 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 15, 2003 at 11:34 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 16, 2003 at 01:24 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 18, 2003 at 02:36 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 22, 2003 at 11:39 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 23, 2003 at 12:09 AM.]

barbaraG
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:16 AM
Lots of hope and Prayers coming your way!

BarbaraG
Great Warrior Volunteer /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HSM
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:20 AM
Hopes and prayers for even better news, and will be sending *vibes* to help you re-charge!

Thanks for the update Lisa - you know how we all feel. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Inverness
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:26 AM
Everything I have that is crossable is crossed for you guys. Hopes and prayers are with you too.

"Lord, make me sober . . . but not yet."
-St. Augustine (sort of)

Member: We Loffed Willem First Clique

Kryswyn
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:28 AM
and surely this Season of Miracles will be one for your family.

~Kryswyn~
"Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"

agedbayhunter
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:29 AM
Prayers that everything works out and <<<HUGS>>> for you all!

Fetlocks
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:43 AM
& special COTH jingles for you all.

God speed.

(And thank you for the update).

Lily
Dec. 10, 2002, 07:19 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out in Atlanta. Have a safe trip and keep us updated when you can! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JumperEq
Dec. 10, 2002, 07:31 AM
I'll be praying and jingling curb chains for all of you. Good luck in Atlanta!

.:Erin B #2:.
How's he gonna read that magazine rolled up like that? What the ... - a fly.

jumpit15
Dec. 10, 2002, 07:31 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet they don't have horses...

BustersMom
Dec. 10, 2002, 07:45 AM
Best of everything to all of you.

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group

Pony Mom
Dec. 10, 2002, 07:46 AM
In our thoughts and prayers everyday.

JINGLE * JINGLE * JINGLE

It's all in the details!!

shmon
Dec. 10, 2002, 07:48 AM
Good luck to Jennifer - and stay strong, Hawk family. Jingling and thinking of you all!

lilblackhorse
Dec. 10, 2002, 07:51 AM
and hopeful. You are in my thoughts daily, and will be praying that the tests go well for Jennifer. All our best from here...jingle jingle!

Don't misunderestimate me. I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.

Everythingbutwings
Dec. 10, 2002, 08:00 AM
Good luck, Jennifer!

Hang on Lisa, Joey and Aiden, there WILL be a match.

Friendship is Love without his wings
-Lord Byron

knowonder
Dec. 10, 2002, 08:05 AM
Jingles, prayers, pleadings, whatever it takes! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"

Cinnybren
Dec. 10, 2002, 08:06 AM
Lisa, Joey, Aiden and Jennifer -

You are still at the top of my prayer list, I do hope and pray for a Miracle for you all this Blessed Season.

Cheers and jingles,

Brenda & Murphy

hitchinmygetalong
Dec. 10, 2002, 08:13 AM
Safe journeys. You all are in my daily prayers.

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
-Louisa May Alcott

Tackpud
Dec. 10, 2002, 08:19 AM
Thoughts and prayers for all of you! Best wishes for a safe trip and a very happy ending.

Good luck Jennifer and bless you for going through this process.

Heidi
Dec. 10, 2002, 08:40 AM
Jennifer, wishing you the best, and minimal discomfort during the CT testing. You make me speechless.

Best of luck to the Hawk family for a safe, uneventful (no bleeds), successful trip.

onetempies
Dec. 10, 2002, 09:08 AM
For an uneventful travel to Atlanta and that Jennifer's testing gives Aiden the xmas gift he most wants... a new liver.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Show goals achieved & Sass is in foal! 6 months down... about 5 more to go.

We've got STANLEY! Wings Rock!

IUPRider
Dec. 10, 2002, 09:22 AM
Lots of hugs and good thoughts /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

goobs
Dec. 10, 2002, 09:43 AM
Things will work out in Atlanta, I am sure and my fingers are crossed very tightly. Jennifer, if you haven't earned your wings in heaven yet, I am sure that you will be sprouting a pair very soon. My prayers are with all of you and I will be thinking of you guys all day long. Kisses and tight hugs. xoxox

monstrpony
Dec. 10, 2002, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the update and best wishes for uneventful travels and a successful trip!

Linny
Dec. 10, 2002, 10:21 AM
Hugs and prayers for a successful trip.

Extra hugs and kisses for little Aiden. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Resident racing historian

Dakotawyatt
Dec. 10, 2002, 10:30 AM
When I read this post for the first time, it touched me in a way i can't describe. My son's birthday is April 17, 2002...2 days before Aiden's. All I prayed for was his health. When he got here, it was so hard because of a number of things. We love our son with all of our heart, but at times, we were just so frustrated and exhausted. After hearing Aiden's story, I am so grateful for what we have with our son; it's truly put into perspective our "gripes" such as not being able to sleep past 7:30 AM. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Hawks...my mom works at Northside Hospital, right across from CHOA. If at all possible, my son and I would like to meet Aiden one day while you're here in good 'ol GA. So happy for the update, and praying for the donor match!!!!!

"The daughter who won't lift a finger in the house is the same child who cycles madly off in the pouring rain to spend all morning mucking out a stable." (Samantha Armstrong)

saus
Dec. 10, 2002, 11:45 AM
Max and I will be thinking of you on your trip. Praying for a match with Jennifer, God bless her! I hope this is the best holiday season ever for you guys and the miracle happens soon.

Thanks for not giving up posting on this board. I know recent events have been hard on you, but for those of us who think of you as family, it means so much to be able to keep up with what's happening with you and Aiden.

Have a safe trip.

Love,
Jane

~SC~
Dec. 10, 2002, 12:30 PM
I'll be praying for y'all up here in Nashville, although my heart is down in Atlanta. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Good luck! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Sarah~

~*Southern Comfort*~

~Disgruntled College Students Clique~Georgia Clique~Junior Clique~ Buckle Bunnies /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Midge
Dec. 10, 2002, 01:22 PM
Best of luck to you and a special prayer for Jennifer. If she'd like a chat with someone who went through it, she's welcome to call. I forked over a kidney, not a liver, but I spoke to Hank Hulick on a couple of occasions when I was preparing for the donation and it was great to talk to someone who had been through it.

Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

slave4tucker
Dec. 10, 2002, 01:41 PM
Starting a prayer chain in Florida for you. God Bless you and give you the strength that you will need.

kt-rose
Dec. 10, 2002, 02:18 PM
Best wishes for a safe and uneventful trip and a week full of good news!!

And so glad you have been able to come back to posting here -- we all want very badly to help in any way we can and provide all the support we can.

Now I'll go jingle for Aiden and Jennifer!

Kate

Willem
Dec. 10, 2002, 02:47 PM
Und mein modder Coreene (I loff her), she loff you too und every night she giff me extra pat und say "This it be for Aiden." Der foto von COTH von Cactuskate it be hanging in mein tack locker und we like to think that she be smiling down on you, too (she haff this there so Kathy she can to go for rides mit us in spirit).

------------------------
I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

STF
Dec. 10, 2002, 02:59 PM
Good luck in the highest form!

"Work to ride, ride to Work"

Charis
Dec. 10, 2002, 04:26 PM
Have a safe trip!! We're all praying.

Dakotawyatt...welcome to another Bartow countian..email me! :> )

Merry Christmas to all...and Peace on Earth.

HJRider
Dec. 10, 2002, 05:41 PM
And I know I speak for everyone at Red Gate Stable when I say this! We are pulling for you Aiden!! And God Bless you Jennifer!! That is the best gift you could ever give!! Hang in there Lisa and Joey!! Hugs all around!!

Love,
Darci, Dustin, and all of us at Red Gate Stable!!

Policy of Truth
Dec. 10, 2002, 05:58 PM
Many prayers being lifted up for your family and Jennifer...God is watching....

June
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:11 PM
Came back from DC to such developments! Go with God and all our prayers, hugs, and love and support and don't forget that laptop! Much love, and jingles! June

Spot
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:20 PM
And hoping and praying a lot for you all that Aiden not only gets his Christmas liver but that he bounces back with the same determination and sheer chutzpah he has shown ever since he was born.

Thinking of you all, my friend ...

"Spot"

SBT
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by saus:
Thanks for not giving up posting on this board. I know recent events have been hard on you, but for those of us who think of you as family, it means so much to be able to keep up with what's happening with you and Aiden.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts EXACTLY, Jane! Lisa, thank you for "coming back" and putting the Aiden Update thread up again, right where it belongs. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I for one can't stand to not know how the little guy is doing. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I will be praying for a safe journey to Atlanta, no complications for Aiden, courage for Jennifer, wisdom for the doctors, compassion for the UNOS folks, and peace for you and Joey. I will also be praying that, one way or another, Aiden will get a new liver soon. It's gonna happen, I can just feel it! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hang in there!

Love,

~Sara
*Charter member of the GM Fan Club*
*Member of the Dirt Divers 78th Airborne Unit, ATH Squadron*

Prairie
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:52 PM
Prayers of peace and hope for baby Aiden and his family. May miracles be yours this holidy season.

deltawave
Dec. 10, 2002, 06:58 PM
I took my little boy to see Santa tonight (NOT a big hit with Evan...Santa's pretty darn scary to a 2 year old if you think about it!) and the little boy in front of us was a cute, active little guy whose mom and dad said he'd had a liver transplant about a year ago. HE smiled for Santa and seemed delighted--after what he'd been through a big bearded guy in red velour was no big deal, I figure! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I immediately thought of you, sweetie, and reminded myself to say an extra prayer for you and your family. I hope it's a sign that you will be getting your new liver for Christmas!

XOXOXO

"If you think your hairstyle is more important than your brain, you're probably right." Wear a helmet!
www.deltawave.homestead.com (http://www.deltawave.homestead.com)
www.seeliecourt.homestead.com (http://www.seeliecourt.homestead.com)

Bethe Mounce
Dec. 10, 2002, 07:01 PM
As many have mentioned, we're in the season for miracles and they do happen.....God will ensure you all stay safe in your travels down this road of the unknown.....Jennifer is truly a gift sent from Heaven, of that, I am certain. May the postings here bring the Hawk family and Jennifer the gift of strength and comfort....what a hell of a family this bulletin board has become. The comfort and solace one gains from everyone else is simply a miracle in itself...I am so impressed and so humbled.

canadian eh?
Dec. 11, 2002, 05:35 AM
Praying for a Christmas miracle for Aiden, 'tis the season for miracles you know /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Spot
Dec. 11, 2002, 05:39 AM
"what a hell of a family this bulletin board has become. The comfort and solace one gains from everyone else is simply a miracle in itself...I am so impressed and so humbled."

We did have a few *black sheeps* in the family though /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif that needed to be shown the door, but I agree - 99.99% of the people on this board are truly amazing and really get together when the chips are down.

You know - what goes around, comes around, and none of us know whether tomorrow or next week or next month we need support from all of our COTH extended *family*

"Spot"

Fred
Dec. 11, 2002, 05:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bethe Mounce-Blasienz:
As many have mentioned, we're in the season for miracles and they do happen.....God will ensure you all stay safe in your travels down this road of the unknown.....Jennifer is truly a gift sent from Heaven, of that, I am certain. May the postings here bring the Hawk family and Jennifer the gift of strength and comfort....what a hell of a family this bulletin board has become. The comfort and solace one gains from everyone else is simply a miracle in itself...I am so impressed and so humbled.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and Spot is right, we never know when one of us might be in a similar position.....
I just read an article in the paper yesterday about a policman in the US who was terribly burned in a car accident while on the job. I was so moved reading about his courage and determination, and the love his wife showed for him, and thought while reading it how quickly life can change.... and none of us knows when or how. We should all be grateful everyday for what we have. And try not to get caught up in the pettiness of the everyday. (easier said than done). I think of you every day Lisa, Joey and Aiden.

hitchinmygetalong
Dec. 11, 2002, 06:17 AM
Hoping no news is good news, that Jennifer passes each test with flying colors! (How brave she is, how brave you ALL are.)

Lots of jingles!!!!

-Louisa May Alcott

Bethe Mounce
Dec. 11, 2002, 06:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spot:
"what a hell of a family this bulletin board has become. The comfort and solace one gains from everyone else is simply a miracle in itself...I am so impressed and so humbled."

We did have a few *black sheeps* in the family though /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif that needed to be shown the door, but I agree - 99.99% of the people on this board are truly amazing and really get together when the chips are down. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes, always a "few" in the crowd! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I am just a person sitting behind a keyboard and monitor, sure, I know a few folks on this bulletin board personally in that we have met face to face, but what I find so impressive is that a group of people are banding together for a good thing who hardly know each other--meaning not many have ever met face to face. In this day and age of what goes on in the rest of the world, Aiden's Story, is proof that people really are compassionate and giving and supportive of each other.....this story relates so closely to the true meaning of the season. And while my heart aches for Lisa and her family, their story puts my own life in perspective. Aiden, in his own way, has helped me deal with certain family issues, shall we say? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And for that, I won't ever forget.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You know - what goes around, comes around, and none of us know whether tomorrow or next week or next month we need support from all of our COTH extended *family* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely, we never know from moment to moment what will happen and we must never be afraid to share and seek comfort from virtual friends. Life is so very short and we must live each moment to the fullest and of course, eat dessert first! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

May we all find joy in this time of miracles and may we all be blessed with health and happiness for ourselves and our equine family members. This story resurrects (sp?) the good in all of us which really leaves me so reflective and humbled.

Every morning as I drink coffee and sit on the fenceline watching everyone gallop off to the north 40, I think of Aiden and his family and send a prayer up to Heaven.

Sorry, I rambled and got terribly philosophical....I tend to do that when my emotions are running high. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bethe Mounce
Dec. 11, 2002, 06:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fred:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bethe Mounce-Blasienz:
As many have mentioned, we're in the season for miracles and they do happen.....God will ensure you all stay safe in your travels down this road of the unknown.....Jennifer is truly a gift sent from Heaven, of that, I am certain. May the postings here bring the Hawk family and Jennifer the gift of strength and comfort....what a hell of a family this bulletin board has become. The comfort and solace one gains from everyone else is simply a miracle in itself...I am so impressed and so humbled.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and Spot is right, we never know when one of us might be in a similar position.....
I just read an article in the paper yesterday about a policman in the US who was terribly burned in a car accident while on the job. I was so moved reading about his courage and determination, and the love his wife showed for him, and thought while reading it how quickly life can change.... and none of us knows when or how. We should all be grateful everyday for what we have. And try not to get caught up in the pettiness of the everyday. (easier said than done). I think of you every day Lisa, Joey and Aiden.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alas my words don't adequately express my feelings.....writing is not my strong suit. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif We all deal with sad times or difficult times as we live our lives; Aiden's Story puts life in perspective---don't sweat the small stuff! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I draw strength myself from this story--helps to keep "me" in perspective. The auctions are proving to be so successful.....I want it shouted from every roof top all over the world what is going on here...stories about humanity and how us humans get our act together when one member is having difficulty is truly inspirational and gives tons of incentive for me to live my own life in a better way. Who would have thought a child would have caused me to rearrange me? Those here who know me personally and have met me, know exactly how stubborn I am and how pigheaded I can be......but out of the mouths of babes! Go figure! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HuntJumpSC
Dec. 11, 2002, 07:15 AM
{{{Prayers}}}{{{Crossed Fingers}}}{{{Lots of Jingles}}} /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif SUZ

~~~"It weren't me...Booger done it!"~~~

onetempies
Dec. 11, 2002, 10:50 AM
everything is still crossed. (((HUGS)))

Coreene
Dec. 11, 2002, 11:02 AM
For not having a way with words, you sure managed to bring a tear to my eye. My dear, you summed up so many of our thoughts so beautifully!

cinnabar
Dec. 11, 2002, 02:28 PM
Waiting for news about Jennifer, with fingers crossed and curb chains jingling!

xoxo

Portia
Dec. 11, 2002, 03:03 PM
Bethe, I'm proud and happy to be one of those folks here who have had the pleasure of meeting you in person. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

More jingling and prayers for Aiden and all.

Xctrygirl
Dec. 11, 2002, 03:56 PM
I just hung up the phone with Lisa. WE spoke briefly about the stuff going on in Atlanta and she asked me to post this update for everyone. It pains me to do so as I see all the hope and support and desire for there finally to be a match.

Unfortunately Jennifer was not a match. Her arteries are too small.

Lisa, Joey and Aiden will be heading home to Florida tomorrow.

On the upside they still have the Peld of 40. The two auctions combined are at a net profit so far of $31,000 plus, and Aiden's lungs still work fine, as I heard him in the background!!

Thats all. Lisa will try to post herself soon.

~Emily

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious never truly live at all"

TrakHack
Dec. 11, 2002, 04:03 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Nitro's Mommy
Dec. 11, 2002, 04:33 PM
(that's not actually what I said outloud when I read the news, but I can't post it........)

And I thought I was having a bad day......Puts things into perspective.

Lisa, you and your family continue to be in my prayers.

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" --Steven Wright

Galloway
Dec. 11, 2002, 04:49 PM
Sad trip back to Florida.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.
May the Almighty think of you too.

SBT
Dec. 11, 2002, 05:37 PM
...WHY? /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif This is so frustrating. (Though I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to Lisa, Joey and Jennifer!)

Do you hear that dull thudding noise? That's me banging my head against the computer monitor. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And this is what I think about the no-match (edited so Aiden can read it when he's older): "#$%*%#&@* !@#&%^**&^$& $%^%#&^&!!!!!!!!"

Ahh, now I feel better. Lisa, I hope you are finding things to pound on (better buy a pillow for the trip home), and that you will soon feel your strength and hope restored. There is still that PELD score, and Aiden may yet get his new liver for Christmas!

Hang in there. Big ((((((((HUGS))))))))) to Lisa, Joey, Aiden, and Jennifer!

~Sara

Tackpud
Dec. 11, 2002, 06:17 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I'm so sorry to hear this. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Jennifer - you are an angel to have tried. Here's hoping the right match will be here any hour!

knowonder
Dec. 11, 2002, 06:30 PM
They are hanging in there--they've dealt with this setback and we are moving forward--we'll hopefully know what the next step is by tomorrow--one of her main concerns as always was that we let you guys know.

Keep that support coming--it makes moments like these a little easier to bear

Bethe Mounce
Dec. 11, 2002, 06:56 PM
First words out of my mouth were, well, they cannot be repeated! This has to be so frustrating for all. I think of what this family has endured......the strength they must have has to be the strength of a zillion horses. There is a light at the end of this tunnel, just don't know how long the tunnel actually is....and that light will be the right answer, a new liver, for Aiden. I'll be doing some chatting with the Man upstairs tomorrow on the fenceline....

Baileybff
Dec. 11, 2002, 07:05 PM
I never knew the difficulty behind all of this. It makes me proud to say that I have a little heart on my drivers license. I WILL be a donor one day! I just KNOW that Aiden will find a donor very soon...My thoughts, prayers and tons of LOVE being sent your way! All of you are so strong and that strenght passes through to your beautiful little boy! All I want for Christmas is for Aiden to find a donor!!
Hugs and Kisses XOXOXO
Natalie
Red Gate Stable

I RODE, I RODE...Well, if you can call it that....I RODE!!

SLW
Dec. 11, 2002, 07:18 PM
Thinking of you all every step of the way- hugs to all the Hawks.

SLW
"It is I."

onetempies
Dec. 11, 2002, 07:32 PM
Well dag nab it!!!!!!!!!! (another one here who edited what she REALLY said!).

Sigh... (((HUGS))) to Lisa, Aiden, & Joey... Jennifer too.

Fetlocks
Dec. 11, 2002, 08:09 PM
I'm sure that is disappointing news but it must mean that the perfect donor is still out there!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif praying often and jingling hard /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Linny
Dec. 11, 2002, 08:12 PM
Praying and jingling here too. I am so sorry to hear the news.

Melzy
Dec. 11, 2002, 08:20 PM
Prayers are still being sent from MD for you Aiden.

Yes we all are disappointed Jennifer didn't make the match but let's try to keep this thread positive for the family. We have a lot to be grateful for. Aiden's smile is on the top of my list. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I look at his adorable photo everyday and count my blessings.

Stay hopeful everyone. The Hawks need us more now. Hugs to all.

Lord Helpus
Dec. 11, 2002, 08:25 PM
In telling my sister about Aiden and the BB (it is hard to explain, actually how this is a real community and all about the auction), my sister told me that she was now on a national registry for bone marrow donation, due to the need of a friend's child (who she was not a match for).

Isn't there anything similar for livers? I guess not, or your quest would be over by now.

Perhaps Aiden's plight can spur the development of such a registry?

I am so sorry that a match is so hard to find. But there is one out there for him. I truly believe that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I lied. Horses ARE my whole life. I have no other life at all.....

Kinsella
Dec. 11, 2002, 08:43 PM
Well drat...

Hugs and kisses to the little man! And hugs to you and Joey (don't think I should be sending kisses to you or your husband!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

RolexH - you have mail /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Angela

"Every day is a great day for hockey." - Mario Lemieux

IUPRider
Dec. 11, 2002, 08:45 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

{{HUGS}} That liver is coming. Just hang in there.

Kryswyn
Dec. 11, 2002, 09:08 PM
Thoughts and prayers from icy Brightwood tonight.

~Kryswyn~

agedbayhunter
Dec. 11, 2002, 09:35 PM
Jingles and prayers --lots and lots of them!

I wish we could all be there to greet you when you get home with hugs (and maybe some milk and cookies and your favorite bunny slippers).

Stay strong and positive (as you always are) and give that little trouper a goodnight kiss from his BB aunties and uncles.

Medievalist
Dec. 11, 2002, 09:37 PM
suck. sorry RolexH to hear the news...

Centre Equestre de la Houssaye (http://www.eii.fr/houssaye)

RodeoHunter
Dec. 11, 2002, 10:39 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Keep your chin up RolexH, there's bound to be some good news soon!

Beezer
Dec. 11, 2002, 11:12 PM
But I am sticking to my resolve that this is just one more twist building up to the blockbuster Hollywood happy ending!

Curb chains still jingling ... Aiden, my young friend, someday you will have one helluva story to tell!

Dearest Santa: All I really want for Christmas is flying LEAD CHANGES!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Bentley
Dec. 12, 2002, 05:10 AM
And that's how I really feel,

So sorry for the bad news, and still crossing my fingers that someone will match soon.

Alixe

SillyHorse
Dec. 12, 2002, 06:05 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Beaming strength your way.

hitchinmygetalong
Dec. 12, 2002, 06:20 AM
Quote:

"EYES UP! KICK ON!"

Turning my curb chain jingle meter up a notch!

-Louisa May Alcott

cinnabar
Dec. 12, 2002, 07:01 AM
Jingling and thinking positive thoughts for success the next time.

xoxo

June
Dec. 12, 2002, 07:03 AM
But jingles, love and prayer from our family to yours! Stay strong, we are here and with you in spirit and prayer!
and love, June

Clive's Mom
Dec. 12, 2002, 08:02 AM
Can someone please repost the qualifications for the living donors? What do they need to have to be considered?

thx.

jing jingle jang jingle

J. Turner
Dec. 12, 2002, 08:31 AM
Please do post the requirements of a living donor. Does it start with blood type? I'm O+

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
-- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
*** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
*** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***

saus
Dec. 12, 2002, 08:49 AM
I said my "expletive deleted" so loud two people stopped by my offfice to ask what was wrong. Hang in there Hawks. All our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Whenever anybody asks what I want for Christmas, I ask them to send a donation to Aiden's fund and sign a donor card. I feel so lucky to have two healthy children, asking for anything else seems greedy.

Still hoping for a Christmas miracle. Big hugs to all the Hawks and to Jennifer.

Love,
Jane and Max

Nitro's Mommy
Dec. 12, 2002, 08:54 AM
We love you Aiden oh yes we do
We don't love anyone as much as you!
When you aren't feeling well, we're sad--SO SAD!
Oh Aiden we love you--OH YES WE DO!

Feel better soon sweetie /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" --Steven Wright

Wicky
Dec. 12, 2002, 10:27 AM
So sorry to hear the news.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Aiden, Lisa and Joey}}}}}}}}}}}

goobs
Dec. 12, 2002, 11:15 AM
I was laughing at what someone said here in the office while checking up on this thread - the update wiped the smile right off my face. I know you guys must feel like slamming your fist right through concrete - well that's how I feel right now. Press on - this is just a tiny bump in the road. Please send Aiden all my hugs and kisses. I feel so bad for all involved; the Hawks are still in my prayers and thoughts every single day.

Seven
Dec. 12, 2002, 12:31 PM
Still in our thoughts and jingles from NY!

{{{{{{many hugs}}}}}}

Nitro's Mommy
Dec. 12, 2002, 12:32 PM
I say a lil prayer for you..................

knowonder
Dec. 12, 2002, 12:43 PM
OK guys--going to try and post the basics--if you want further detail, please email me.

This is the ideal:

1. Small framed female under 35
2. Shorter rather than taller with a lean body mass (as little fat as possible)
3. Type A or O blood
4. No anti-depressants, birth control, hormone therapy, anti-anxiety, etc drugs

Again--these are ideals--if you want further info just email me and I will be happy to share what I know with you.

Thanks!

hitchinmygetalong
Dec. 12, 2002, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knowonder:

This is the ideal:

3. Type A or O blood

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm spot-on perfect EXCEPT I turned 49 yesterday. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'll keep on donating that good ol' A positive every 56 days, though!

Oh, my donor card has been signed for YEARS...

-Louisa May Alcott

Coreene
Dec. 12, 2002, 01:04 PM
I am too old, too tall, too fat and too drugged up.

Gosh, when you put the criteria together it really narrows it down!

Duffy
Dec. 12, 2002, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:

Gosh, when you put the criteria together it really narrows it down!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto what Coreene said - goes for me too. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Hang in there Hawks!!

{{{{{{ H U G S }}}}}}

"I can justify anything!"

Jaguar
Dec. 12, 2002, 01:29 PM
Best of luck!

It sooo sad what you must go through, and while i havent posted much on this thread, I have been praying for a donor for baby aiden for a long time. I hope that he gets the ultimate christmas present

Hang in there aiden, you are tough and strong, and we are all jingling curb chains for you!!!!

A classic is something that everyone wants to have read but no one wants to read

Zephyr'sMom
Dec. 12, 2002, 01:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knowonder:
3. Type A or O blood
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was OK until #3 & 4 - I have AB+ blood and I take birth control pills.

Geez. There's someone out there, though!!

*hugs*
-Zephyr's Mom

http://community.webshots.com/user/sharon_kenney1359

http://www.ZEGifts.com

Melzy
Dec. 12, 2002, 02:00 PM
I match Coreene and Duffy! Now I feel sad. I think I'll eat another piece of chocolate. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

HJRider
Dec. 12, 2002, 02:14 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Jennifer won't work out. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
It's good that he still has the PELD 40 though! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Keep your heads up and hang in there!! We're all still praying and jingling for you!!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ~Darci~ /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Lily
Dec. 12, 2002, 03:44 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the happy ending is just around the corner!

Stay strong, Lisa, Joey and Aiden! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

stegall
Dec. 12, 2002, 04:10 PM
DRAT! I had been mulling over the idea of stepping forward for the last month-When I saw the latest about the nonmatch, I was going to volunteer. I was just about to ask the question, when you answered, and on the good side-I am a short under 35 female with type O. However, I am built like my bloodtype "O" /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif and birth control is the only thing that makes me feel human. I can stop the drugs, but forget about getting skinny anytime soon-it took a long time for me to get this way in the first place. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

So-if you can meet some of the criteria and choose to try a grumpy short fat woman with type O-just tell me where to show up. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

CourtneyLiz
Dec. 12, 2002, 05:22 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I am sorry to hear that Jennifer is not a match. I am still jingling and I hope there will be good news soon!

Anna Quindlen's column in Newsweek this week is about organ donation! Hopefully she can inspire some people.

Courtney

barbaraG
Dec. 12, 2002, 05:38 PM
too old

too fat

don't know what brand of blood I have

and on Meds for thyoid.

Darn!

BarbaraG
GWV

Flash44
Dec. 12, 2002, 05:54 PM
I fit all the criteria, except I'm a wee bit out of shape right now. But not too badly.

Flash44@comcast.net

canadian eh?
Dec. 12, 2002, 07:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:

Gosh, when you put the criteria together it really narrows it down!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coreene .....you made me smile through my tears for Aiden /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thanks.

For Aiden, hang on little guy, I'm still holding out for that Christmas miracle.

RolexH
Dec. 13, 2002, 10:32 AM
Exactly.

So we went up to Atlanta, and with the very first test the CT, (once again) we were told that Jennifer was not a match. It was difficult because Aiden was in the middle of his appointment at clinic, and the surgeon walked in. He said something like:

"Jennifer we thank you fro the beautiful offer. It is very nice of you. You are a very good friend, and a wonderful person. Your liver is the perfect size. Couldn't fit better. However, we were able to measure your ateries and they were much to small for Aiden..."

We were so sad. I kept trying to keep positive. But we all had a good cry. Even the coordinator had a tear. (she said we were making her cry.) As the surgeon left the room, I said. There is one thing I learned about riding: You need to get back on the horse after a fall. There is no time to be sad right now. Aiden is doing so wonderfully! SO we look at our blessings we have today.

Aiden is doing well. He has been going down hill a little. But it is slight. He hasn't gained weight, and his ascities is now perminent. The have doubled his lasix to 20mg a day. But we still have the peld of a 40!! That means that Aiden has HOPE! And we have hope! He is so happy too! What a little fighter!!

SO THANK YOU SO MUCH for the posts. I read them and wept. I could never stop turning to my friends here at COTH. This is what has kept me going. I appreciate Erin and everyone bending the rules to continue with this topic. Aiden will make it through this. I know it.

Okay the next steps:

We are now testing our very own COTH member : knowonder. She it will be neat becuase she can update from first person perspective. Sara, has been a wonderful friend during this time. We met here at Coth and she was able to meet Aiden in person when he was sick over Halloween.

I do not know what the timing is on the testing. the holidays actually delay this. Hopefully we will know soon.

We are waiting and waiting. The said they can call us anytime. We could get a call today for a liver, or not one at all for months. So let's just pray that Sara is the match. (I have a good feeling about this.. mother's intuition) And Aiden has a wonderul new year and new life ahead of him.

I have recieved emails from a few people. I am going ot be emailing each of you back. Thank you so much for the wonderful gestures. Don't worry Correen I am too tall and fat too! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif haha (needed that laugh!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) It WILL happen. We are just being tested right now. (boy and what a darn test it is!)

The Hawk family loves you all! XOXO

~~Lisa~~

Seven
Dec. 13, 2002, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the update, Lisa!!

You all are still in our thoughts and prayers! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Keep on kickin'

Coreene
Dec. 13, 2002, 10:48 AM
If I ever had a daughter, I would be honored if she would have even half of your strength and character. You are an inspiration.

Tackpud
Dec. 13, 2002, 10:53 AM
Lisa - you are truly an incredible person! My prayers are with you daily and best wishes for a happy holiday season filled with new livers!

caffeinated
Dec. 13, 2002, 10:56 AM
Bugger- I take too much medication. Birth control and migraine meds.... Otherwise I'd be spot on too. I really really am hoping and praying that Sara can help you! I don't even know you guys, and was thinking I'd like to try till I read the requirements.

**and people say gov't employees are useless... HA!**

goobs
Dec. 13, 2002, 11:00 AM
Lisa your updates and optimism give ME hope - isn't it supposed to be the other way around? ha ha! Don't worry, 2003 will be a fresh new year for all 3 of you where you can leave all the trouble and hardships of 2002 totally behind forever. Love you guys - praying hard for the right liver to be plunked right into your laps! Unfortunately I don't meet the requirements either. I have some friends in Atlanta that I wouldn't have minded hooking up with if I did meet the requirements - meaning that I would have definitely gone through the testing for Aiden! Okay so why does everything have to have "thin" and "young" on it all the time!? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FlightCheck
Dec. 13, 2002, 11:05 AM
so I'll just go back to the auction and keep on bidding!

~Thoughts and prayers~

Risk-Averse Rider
Dec. 13, 2002, 11:19 AM
You may not meet the donor requirements, but you can show your support by adding photos to the COTH gallery on the e-Curb Chain (http://www.aledobb.com/ezzell/) site.

Just e-mail photos, including horse's name and your screen name, to jingle4aiden@earthlink.com

(dogs, cats, birds, iguanas... all are welcome, not just horses!)

Portia
Dec. 13, 2002, 01:18 PM
I was just telling my secretary Dawn about Aiden and the auctions, amusing her with the designations other than member that people have chosen, and she left my office and came back in with a check for Aiden's fund at the ALF.

I said, "oh no, you don't need to do that."

And she said, "Yes I do. I'm a mom."

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mcmIV
Dec. 13, 2002, 01:23 PM
Don't kill me for asking what may have already been explained! I'm late the table of the aiden-story, and have been slowly catching the past few months. There are too many threads to read through!

What is a living donor? I know the criteria were spelled out, but what does it *mean*?

Does it mean that person can donate something as a living person? Does it mean *if* that person happens to die, Aiden has called "shotgun" on their liver? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm not sure if livers can be "sliced" and shared.... I know kidneys can be taken out and given away, but you don't have two livers!

martha

COME BID ON MY STALL SIGN. ITS TOTALLY AWESOME! (http://chronicleforums.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=6656094911&f=2086065951&m=7786040771)

SoEasy
Dec. 13, 2002, 01:27 PM
Martha

your liver has two lobes ... and you can donate one while you are living ... and, amazingly, both lobes will regenerate so that both donor and recipient have functional organs

Seven
Dec. 13, 2002, 01:29 PM
mcmIV

A living donor is just that...a living person who is willing to part with a portion of their liver. Yes, liver's can be sliced and shared because the liver is one of the few organs that will re-generate. Bone marrow and kidneys may also be donated by living donors...and of course, blood is donated all the time.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Heidi
Dec. 13, 2002, 01:30 PM
Lisa, you are an inspiration to us all.

I am certain, positive, that a donor will be found soon for Aiden; in the meantime, take care and give darling Aiden mucho kisses from his virtual BB aunts.

knowonder
Dec. 13, 2002, 01:55 PM
Hey guys:

I just spoke with the transplant coordinator and got the tentative schedule. I will go for bloodwork TONIGHT--they will rush that to Atlanta--then if that all goes well, I am scheduled to go to Atlanta next Thurs and Fri--the 19th and 20th of December for the big tests--CT Scan, Arteriogram, etc.

As soon as I hear if the blood work is a match or not, I will post it here.

I just spoke with Lisa (RolexH) as well and she is busily calling her family to give them the news!

Wish us all luck! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I can't believe our journey has finally begun!

Fred
Dec. 13, 2002, 02:15 PM
good luck girl - you are an inspiration to us too.
What you are doing is incredibly brave and generous and kind.
and Lisa, I never cease to be amazed by your strength, courage and positive outlook.
I think our motto should be "eyes up! kick on!".
we are thinking about you and Joey, and of course our baby Aiden.

Duffy
Dec. 13, 2002, 02:18 PM
Knowonder! That is fabulous news!! And what an incredible person you are as well!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm doing what I can on the auction side! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"I can justify anything!"

Policy of Truth
Dec. 13, 2002, 02:24 PM
I realize this is last minute and I may not fit the criteria (I haven't read through the entire thread, so I'm so sory if I missed it!), but I am going to visit Luckyduck in Atlanta next weekend (12/20-22). I am willing to get any blood tests needed prior to flying down to see if I would be a match. Please let me know if that would work...and even if next weekend is too short a notice, I would still be willing to do it.

knowonder
Dec. 13, 2002, 02:34 PM
I have to admit that I take and have taken vicarious comfort from all of your posts supporting Lisa Joey and Aiden--it really gives me the warm fuzzies when I read these threads and I think of all you guys who have done SO much for Aiden and who really care about this family.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

Duffy--Thanks--I'm just REALLY glad we're on our way!

knowonder
Dec. 13, 2002, 02:35 PM
If you'll go through the thread here--I posted the criteria earlier--if you are still interested, email me or Lisa /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HSM
Dec. 13, 2002, 02:38 PM
Here is exactly where pacificsolo can find it: donor criteria (http://chronicleforums.com/groupee/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=6656094911&f=5566064631&m=9096029971&p=5)

Since no way no how do I qualify (I'm with Coreene!), maybe I can help this way!

Lisa thanks for the update and keep it up warrior mommy! Prayers and jingles and {{{hugs}}}.

Coreene
Dec. 13, 2002, 03:01 PM
You have me in tears. I am in awe of you. Y'all are my heroes.

knowonder
Dec. 13, 2002, 03:10 PM
Honey you've got me beat hands down--I can't begin to tell you what your email did for my morale that day!

I owe you a big hug! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SBT
Dec. 13, 2002, 05:50 PM
From one Sara to another: You rock! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I am too tall and don't meet the non-medicated requirement. If I did, I'd be following you to Atlanta!

I think most everybody here would give half their liver to Aiden if they could. This is a wonderful group of people. And we LOFF our Aiden! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Best of luck, knowonder! Prayers and hugs to ALL.

~Sara

Bethe Mounce
Dec. 13, 2002, 06:19 PM
Knowonder.....what a giving and generous person you must be. The gift of life is an extraordinary gift. I remain very optimistic and very positive that the light at the end of the tunnel is very near, so we must keep our "eyes up and kick on" to get there! Wishing all the very best.......

Liverpool
Dec. 13, 2002, 06:59 PM
Oh you guys...

Is this the most amazing community or what?

Aiden is the most loved baby!!! (as he should be)

Hugs and kisses to you all, but especially knowonder and the Hawks. We are all praying for you. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
Oscar Wilde (1854–1900)

SLW
Dec. 13, 2002, 07:00 PM
Knowonder- you are awesome!!!

While reading the criteria list I was thinking "Dang, the donor has to be the same small person who can actually WEAR, and have them be baggy, some of those size 24-26 breeches, in white no less, over on the auction!!!" Then, I see you fit the bill!!! Go get 'em girl!!

Sending more positive hugs and thoughts to the Hawks. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SLW
"It is I."

J. Turner
Dec. 13, 2002, 07:04 PM
I want to help, but while I am short in stature, I am not small. Maybe small enough, but, my list of meds ... BC pills, anti-everything! I would go off everything to save wee-Aiden's life, though.

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
-- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
*** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
*** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***

onetempies
Dec. 13, 2002, 08:55 PM
Thinking big artery vibes and perfect liver size vibes & shippin' them yer way!

Best of luck! You ROCK!

Adelita
Dec. 13, 2002, 08:59 PM
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too......except the age part. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

&gt;^.,.^&lt;
~~Linda

Adelita
Dec. 13, 2002, 09:00 PM
Hey guys:

I just spoke with the transplant coordinator and got the tentative schedule. I will go for bloodwork TONIGHT--they will rush that to Atlanta--then if that all goes well, I am scheduled to go to Atlanta next Thurs and Fri--the 19th and 20th of December for the big tests--CT Scan, Arteriogram, etc.

As soon as I hear if the blood work is a match or not, I will post it here.

I just spoke with Lisa (RolexH) as well and she is busily calling her family to give them the news!

Wish us all luck! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I can't believe our journey has finally begun!

Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Knowonder, words fail me....
(((((((hugs)))))))

&gt;^.,.^&lt;
~~Linda

Policy of Truth
Dec. 13, 2002, 09:26 PM
You have an e-mail...

FionaJ
Dec. 13, 2002, 10:38 PM
Good luck knowwonder and baby Aiden! My prayers are with you all.

Nikita
Dec. 13, 2002, 11:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueGreenBlue:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too......except the age part. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

&gt;^.,.^&lt;
~~Linda<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm.. me too, except for the drugged up part. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh well, I can still keep sending prayers and good thoughts... not too old, tall or fat for that!

Bentley
Dec. 13, 2002, 11:33 PM
oh, and on BC too - so its SOL for Alixe's liver....

How long do the drugs have to be out of your system? If someone went off BC (for example because it's not usually necessary compared to say, high blood pressure meds) would the liver be ok after the last of the meds were cleared out? I'm O type blood, and fit all the other criteria, and would be more than willing to get myself tested when I go home in a week, and would willingly give up the Birth Control for as long as necessary if it cleaned up my system enough to use. Aiden's worth a few months of menstrual cramps anytime /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Of course, hopefully Knowonder is a perfect match and none of this matters /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'll keep my fingers crossed for all you brave people.

Alixe

Catalina
Dec. 14, 2002, 08:07 AM
Crossing my fingers and toes that knowonder is a match. Good luck.

cinnabar
Dec. 14, 2002, 08:24 AM
You are doing what so many of us wish we could do for Aiden. Like many fellow posters, I don't fit the bill either, so we will be with you in spirit as you go through the testing.

Hang in there, Hawks! :-)

xoxo

Trixie
Dec. 14, 2002, 12:06 PM
I too would go off everything if it would work, but don't you have to wait a few months for everything to clear?

I've gotten my friends following the auction for aiden thread. They're stoked, one wanted to donate but realized he has nothing even remotely horse related (we're all art students) so he just sends his love and good wishes. As do I /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'd like to send hugs and snuggles for all you brave, completely selfless people out there doing such good.

knowonder
Dec. 14, 2002, 03:46 PM
Hey guys--thanks soooooo much for all those awesome posts! They made me cry! I went to have mt blood drawn and it is off to the lab. We should have the results by Tues. That seems like an eternity right now!

To answer the question about being off meds--I know for BC pills you need to be off at least 3 months--the risk is to you the donor, not Aiden /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyway--thanks again for all the awesome posts--they inspire me! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Linny
Dec. 14, 2002, 04:41 PM
Knowonder, you have reached the level of courage and generosity that rivals RolexH herself. I am in awe of your willingness to go through this testing.

I'm still jingling and praying for the Hawks, and you I'm adding you to the list!

RolexH
Dec. 14, 2002, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone. Yes, knowonder is an amazing person. I am thrilled to have her as a friend as well as all of you. They say it takes a community to raise a child.. this is really true for Aiden.

Aiden is doing very well. He is playing and happy as usual. His ascities is not going to go away until he gets a new liver. He had an ultrasound on his portal vien (going to the liver) and it was very restricted due to scarring (cirhosis). So at this point we wait. Everytime the phone rings, we jump. Everytime the cell phone says we have a message, we jump. It is hard waiting, but the hardest part is still to come.

I also wanted to post something to you about the auction. I wanted to start my own thread,but I know the rules. SO, I am posting this here and Erin's thread about the auction. Please read:

To everyone who particpated, donated, watched, hope to win, worked their tail off, and just allowed it to go on with out making a big fuss:

Our family wants to thank you. Never in our wildest imagination did we think the merchandise auction would raise this much response and support. Having the bills for Aiden has been difficult. The financial burden, although not our top concern, is something that we are reminded of everyday. When we met with the hospital's finacial office, and they sat us down with our insurance information and told us what we needed, we were shocked. It was hard for us to even understand the whole liver tranplant thing. Then to hear that Aiden would need a life time of expensive medications and would have on average 3 hospital stays a year, (on a healthy year) after transplant. We had no clue. Honeslty we thought just give him a transplant and he would be fixed.

You all have given us more than money. More than just finacial help. You gave the most powerful gift of all. Your love. Joey and I never asked for any of the three fundraisers that you all have helped with. Instead you all were jumping to help. Look what that says about you guys! You are just so special!!! We have honestly had a hard time even accepting any help. It is very humbling. But with the joy and love in our hearts we greatfuly thank you and pray for blessings for you every day.

I know we have said it time and time again. But there will never be a time when it will not be said. You are our HERO's and our FRIENDS. You are the aunties and unlcles for Aiden that will help shape him to have intergrity and the gift of giving.

Thank you for all you did, and gave, but mostly thank you for the love you shared.

Lisa , Joey, and Aiden

~~Lisa~~

Charis
Dec. 14, 2002, 09:50 PM
We love you....
And pray for you!

knowonder
Dec. 15, 2002, 06:29 AM
I just wanted to share this with you guys--I'm not even sure how to best relay it--but here goes.

When I talked with Lisa last night to tell her how the blood draw went and when we would know something she was out Christmas shopping...wow. I know she thought I was really quiet on the phone because normally we are VERY boisterous when we get together--but I was crying the whole time and struggling desparately for it not to show. Why? Because we all take all those "chores" like getting all of our Christmas shopping done for granted. The other day when I called she was cleaning house--her house, not some hospital room in the children's ward.

I'm probably babbling here but at that moment last night I wanted, more than anything, for the Hawk family to have the BLESSING of normalcy and boredom. It was a treat and a rare break for Lisa and Joey to be thinkng about Christmas--and what were they doing? Thinking of others and enjoying that brief respite from Aiden's troubles. I know you all already know this but these are very special people we are dealing with folks.

So--for Lisa, Joey, and Aiden--I pray that one day soon your biggest decision is whether or not to do laundry today, that your biggest worry is if you sent the car payment on time, your biggest fear is that you won't place well in you next horse show, and that you are inundated with the mundane and the usual. And of course, as always, that your biggest joy is watching your precious baby boy grow big and strong.

Tackpud
Dec. 15, 2002, 06:32 AM
Rolex and Knowonder - you guys are fabulous! My thoughts and prayers are with you everyday.

Fred
Dec. 15, 2002, 06:37 AM
and Knowonder - beautifully said, none of us could ask for more. Both of you are very special.

canadian eh?
Dec. 15, 2002, 06:52 AM
Lisa and Knowonder you are both an inspiration to us all, god bless you.

onetempies
Dec. 15, 2002, 02:09 PM
could not have said it better myself! Hoping that this is the one for Aiden... (((jingling)))

RolexH
Dec. 15, 2002, 08:11 PM
So our "perfect" little baby was screaming his head off!!! HAHA LOL he was terrified. It was so cute though. Like a big dork I brought my video camera. I have it on video. I did get a pic and it was right beofer he started to have a fit. He looks mad though. LOL... Get 'em Tiger!

It was so sweet when Santa asked us what we wanted for Christmas we said a liver. He got teary eyed. He said he had been a Santa for 8 years (the beard is real!!) and he never heard anything like that before. So we are hoping Santa will get us what we want. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, as usual I had to scan the photo and show you guys. I wish I could play the video hahaha. I also have a few others. Hope you don't mind.

(prayer request: please pray for Briana's family. Little baby just got a liver transplant)

~~Lisa~~

RolexH
Dec. 15, 2002, 08:14 PM
here he is in his Santa outfit /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~~Lisa~~

RolexH
Dec. 15, 2002, 08:18 PM
Here is another /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~~Lisa~~

Charis
Dec. 15, 2002, 08:18 PM
Lisa,

There is an hysterical article in today's Atlanta Journal/Constitution on the front page of the "living"
section....

Photos of screaming terrified babies on Santa's lap! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Aiden looks very calm and cool!!

RolexH
Dec. 15, 2002, 08:23 PM
Charis: I never thought he would cry! he gets poked with needles, has had major surgeries, lives with liver disease.. but SANTA!!!!!! hahah LOL he is still a "normal" baby. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Here is my favorite picture. He was sleeping at Grandma and Grandpa's house. He loves his baby beare blanket.. awwwwwww

~~Lisa~~

Risk-Averse Rider
Dec. 15, 2002, 08:27 PM
What a sweet picture of him sleeping...

He *must* get better...

Nikita
Dec. 15, 2002, 08:32 PM
This thread always brings tears to my eyes. What wonderful people are on this board!

Lisa, that photo of Aiden in his santa outfit is just too cute. The next time you get his portrait done, please get at least 2000 wallet size for all his aunties & uncles. What a sweetie...

IUPRider
Dec. 15, 2002, 09:10 PM
Ahhh!! SO CUTE!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

agedbayhunter
Dec. 15, 2002, 09:13 PM
Aha! A fellow Santaphobic! I love that little guy even more. I was also terrified of jolly old St. Nick when I was small. I wrote him letters but never, never, never went to see him.

And the picture with the bear blanket... Awww.....&lt;&lt;&lt;hugs&gt;&gt;&gt; to you, Aiden. You are one cutie pie! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dakotawyatt
Dec. 15, 2002, 09:15 PM
Hey Lisa! That is too funny...brave warrior baby scared of Santa. Mine is 2 days older than yours and he too cried on Santa's lap. We filmed it as well! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I have to show 2 of my christmas pics. God bless and Merry Christmas.

"The daughter who won't lift a finger in the house is the same child who cycles madly off in the pouring rain to spend all morning mucking out a stable." (Samantha Armstrong)

Dakotawyatt
Dec. 15, 2002, 09:18 PM
Kody in his santa hat...

Heineken
Dec. 15, 2002, 09:30 PM
Lisa,
the pic of you and Aiden just brought tears to my eyes. In spite of it all you look well-rested and smiling. I just cannot imagine where the strength comes from but please do not hesitate to ask for help if you need it!
And make sure Santa brings you and Joey each a few hours at a spa in the New Year...you both deserve to be pampered every once in a while!!!!!!!!

I am a Cosi hostess/server...I need more black v-necks for better tips /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HSM
Dec. 15, 2002, 10:06 PM
It is NOT dorky to bring your video camera when your baby is visiting Santa!

In fact, it is a mommy-requirement! Haven't you read the mommy handbook Lisa??!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Glad to see Aiden calmed down and enjoyed his visit with Santa - the pics are great! Thanks so much for sharing them.

You know, I'm half tempted to go sit on Santa's lap myself to ask him for a liver for Aiden, but that would NOT be fair to Santa! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif So I'll have to settle for more jingles and prayers. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~SC~
Dec. 15, 2002, 10:45 PM
awww, those are the cutest pictures! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif All of the Santa pictures from when my brother and I were little are of me beaming away like the perfect child /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif while my brother screams his head off. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Pictures can be oh-so-accurate. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I hope your family has a wonderful Christmas! I believe that Christmas miracles do happen, and if anyone deserves one this year, its Aiden. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Sarah~

~*Southern Comfort*~

~Disgruntled College Students Clique~Georgia Clique~Junior Clique~ Buckle Bunnies /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SBT
Dec. 15, 2002, 10:46 PM
Ironically, I was watching kids sit on Santa's lap today, too. A large company rented the banquet hall at the building where I work, and threw a big Christmas party for all their employees' kids...complete with Santa and his elves! Lots of the little ones screamed. One even freaked out the minute Santa came in the room! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I overheard lots of cute requests: Playstation 2, video games, Barbies, Legos. All quite trivial indeed compared to Aiden's wish for a liver!

In passing, Santa actually asked ME if I wanted to "sit on his lap and tell him what I want for Christmas." /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif My response was, "Umm, no, I don't think so." Had he not been Santa, and had there not been small children around, I might have said something a little different. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif In retrospect, I should have thought of Aiden and taken that offer! All the wishing in the world can't hurt. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lisa, your letter is absolutely beautiful! I think I speak for everyone here when I say that seeing Aiden get a new liver, and get well, is ALL the thanks we will ever need. You are all so brave, and I am so honored to be one of Aiden's "aunties." The title means everything! I can just imagine people seeing Aiden's picture in my house, and me saying, "That's my little nephew. Isn't he precious?" Oh, my...I am getting all teary-eyed now... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Sara

knowonder
Dec. 16, 2002, 07:10 AM
Is he not the cutest kid ever!!!!!??????? And I see Auntie Knowonder's blanket wrapped snugly around him /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fessy's Mom
Dec. 16, 2002, 07:48 AM
Aiden is just the cutest. May he and your truly wonderful and brave family have a Blessed Christmas.

Head of the "I HAVE a CANTER Horse" division of the Mighty TB clique.

"God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of." Springsteen

jumpit15
Dec. 16, 2002, 08:37 AM
We are all praying for Aiden, his family and Knowonder! Let's hope this Christmas is extra-special! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, you can bet they don't have horses...

goobs
Dec. 16, 2002, 10:51 AM
Aw man Lisa! What are you trying to do? Make everyone on this board storm over to your house to squish and kiss that adorable little boy of yours!? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I loved all those pictures; it's good to see him smiling away! He didn't look terrified in the pics but I guess one had to be there! It is pretty funny when kids are scared of Santa though, mine never was come to think of it.

Knowonder - I am just speechless by your actions. I was just catching up on this thread and once again I had to run to the ladies' room one big teary eyed mess! Fingers crossed that everything works out and praying for all.

Zephyr'sMom
Dec. 16, 2002, 12:42 PM
I haven't been able to check in for a while; I only just now learned that Knowonder might be able to help Aiden! *PRAYING MADLY!*

How wonderful to be able to help in such a concrete way! The rest of us will just have to keep sending money. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As we say on HorseCity, BBSHs to all! ("Big, Boob-Squishing Hugs")
-Zephyr's Mom

MCM
Dec. 16, 2002, 01:49 PM
oh, good luck

I've been gone for a while, and am just hoping beyond hope that everything will finally work out.

Happy Holidays, and hold on, things will work out.
With so many good wishes for that little boy, it will work out for him.

**Melissa and Ithaca**

RolexH
Dec. 16, 2002, 06:10 PM
At 6:00 AM tomorrow (tuesday), Aiden has another procedure to help with his varicies. He will be going under anesthesia tomorrow morning, and we hope and pray that things go smoothly like last time. They will insert the endoscope and view the varicies, then sclerose them. Please pray that the veins are in better shape, and that it is not any worse. Obviously this is the condition that has put Aiden in such danger. Every time this procedure is performed it risks him. It can cause ulcering, and even cause the veins to burst. So we are hoping it is like last time where he breezed right through it.

Last night Joey and I watched home videos of Aiden from when he as born and just a few weeks old. We forgot what it looks like to not see the yellow. I know that when Aiden gets his new liver he will be a fair skinned baby with rosy cheeks. I can't wait.

I am saddened to say that a family we know has lost their battle against Biliary Atresia. Please pray for Brianna's family. I only share this with you because I know the power of prayer, and good wishes. I know that if we pray hard enough, we can help her family through this pain. I can't imagine the heartache they feel. She was a six month old baby, so similair to Aiden. It really touches home. I pray that Brianna's Mommy and Daddy feel all of our prayers and love. Fly, baby Brianna, Fly. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I know our family has asked a lot from you, but prayer is the greatest gift of all. Please pray for Aiden's procedure, as well as precious Briana and her family. Thank you.

(If praying is not your thing, a big loud jingle would be great! Thanks!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

~~Lisa~~

goobs
Dec. 16, 2002, 06:44 PM
for Brianna and her family. I absolutely cannot imagine, just cannot. My prayers are with that family.

I am so mad that I am 36 otherwise I would get tested for Aiden. I am A+, am not on birth control, am 5'5" medium build - okay so I may be a bit large but I would still get tested. I am holding my breath until this is all over. Please nuzzle your little boy for me give him a sweet nicker or too also. I don't know what else to do except send money and more money! Godspeed to you, Joey and Aiden. He has so much life in his face, his eyes are so sparkly with brio, he will get through this, he just will.

That picture of him sleeping really got to me. I love when babies sleep, they really look like angels don't they?

RolexH
Dec. 16, 2002, 07:01 PM
sent you a private topic. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~~Lisa~~

Nitro's Mommy
Dec. 16, 2002, 07:13 PM
Lots of prayers coming your families way!!!!!

knowonder
Dec. 16, 2002, 07:47 PM
Talked to the transplant coordinator today--all my blood work except for 2--HIV and Hepatitis came back and were--in her words--perfect and most excellent. Now I have NO reason to believe that either of the 2 tests will come back bad (sadly no sex in A WHILE) and no exposure to Hepatitis so.....I'm off to Atlanta. Jill, the coordinator, was so certain that she has already scheduled the tests.

Pray and Jingle for Aiden tomorrow and then gear up for some massive jingling on Thurs and Fri--Lisa and I have always thought I would be a match--maybe that is just wishful thinking--I hope it is much more than that!

Just wanted to pass on the news as soon as possible--am also posting this on the "Jingle Thread"

I love you guys! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SLW
Dec. 16, 2002, 08:14 PM
Thinking healing thoughts for Aiden and Briannes family. Get some rest, if you can, Lisa.....hugs girl.

SLW
"It is I."

goobs
Dec. 16, 2002, 08:26 PM
Alright! This is great news! This is going to be a good week! Let us know if you will be "the lucky one" as soon as you can!

kt-rose
Dec. 16, 2002, 08:42 PM
and with baby Brianna's family -- what a heartbreak for her family and how scary for you. Will be thinking of Aiden early tomorrow morning and hoping that his procedure goes as smoothly as possible. Thank you for taking the time with all you have to worry about to keep us 'virtual family' up to date.

Kate

happyhocks
Dec. 16, 2002, 08:57 PM
I love the baby pictures. When I saw the pics I realized that, really, babies are the future and the future looks good. Thinking of you. Much Love, Happyhocks

Adelita
Dec. 16, 2002, 09:06 PM
Knowonder said it best.....I too can't wait for your biggest concern to be what you have for supper, or whose turn it is to clean the toilets.

This thread brings tears to my eyes too, tears at the sheer volume and depth of love here. It truly is amazing.

You have my prayers and love, and there is such strength in the power of prayer....

Bless you all, and we love you.
(((((((hugs)))))))

&gt;^.,.^&lt;
~~Linda

akrogirl
Dec. 16, 2002, 10:43 PM
I'll keep jingling for the rest of the week! Good luck, Knowonder, I do hope everything works out this time - it would be such a wonderful Christmas present for Lisa and Aiden.

Xctrygirl
Dec. 17, 2002, 12:04 AM
JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE

I am praying away. Since this is the best I can do. 5'9" 145lbs, big dense bones on birth control and just generally not the right type!!!

My prayers to Brianna's family.

Hang tough Lisa and Joey.... we're all behind you.

~Emily

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious never truly live at all"

hunterjumper19
Dec. 17, 2002, 12:28 AM
Lisa,

PLEASE feel free to contact me, I match the donor requirements, and am MORE than happy to help. My email is in my profile. Best wishes....stay strong-

Aimee /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fred
Dec. 17, 2002, 06:01 AM
praying and hoping with all my heart.
good luck to Sara! (another brave, good girl!)
xxoxo Gail

HSM
Dec. 17, 2002, 06:05 AM
Saying prayers for Aiden's procedure today, and also for Brianna and her family.

Great news knowonder and good luck from here on in!

hitchinmygetalong
Dec. 17, 2002, 06:11 AM
I have chills going up and down my back thinking of you all. I hope and pray that Aiden has no problems with his procedure today.

What sad news about Briana, I cannot imagine the heartache.

Sending cyberhugs and many prayers.

-Louisa May Alcott

canadian eh?
Dec. 17, 2002, 06:43 AM
Jingles for Aiden, Knowonder, and Baby Brianna's Family.... god be with you all.

shmon
Dec. 17, 2002, 07:20 AM
Thinking about you guys during Aiden's procedure this morning....

...and it's too bad I'm 5'10". Otherwise, I fit the donor requirements perfectly.

Good luck knowonder!!! Bless you for your bravery and generosity /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nitro's Mommy
Dec. 17, 2002, 07:29 AM
I say a lil prayer for you..........

(then if this was the movie My Best Friends Wedding, I'd burst into song............but its not......)

DebS
Dec. 17, 2002, 08:01 AM
Hope all went well.

canyonoak
Dec. 17, 2002, 08:04 AM
JINGLING like I am trying to save my own child.

All good thoughts.

saus
Dec. 17, 2002, 08:39 AM
or my coworkers would think I was a lunatic with all the jingling going on in my office. Hopefully they just think it's the sound of Christmas bells.

Great news Knowonder! Everybody here is grateful to you for doing this for "our" Aiden. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

So sorry to hear about Briana. What a heartbreaker. Sending out prayers for her family.

Damn, I need more tissues in this office.

Love,
jane

Seven
Dec. 17, 2002, 08:40 AM
Just adding some more good thoughts and jingles!!

Can't wait to get some good news that the procedure went well!

Zephyr'sMom
Dec. 17, 2002, 08:49 AM
My stepmother and I were talking about how I wished I could help Aiden, but the requirements were so stringent.

She immediately went off into a rant about how many people don't donate blood, and don't think to sign up for the organ donation list when they get their drivers' license.

Then, she told me that one of the easiest ways to be a living donor is to register to be a bone marrow donor. She says the test is pretty easy, and there are places that offer it for free at certain times.

I haven't had a chance to check into the details on this yet, but I just knew you'd all want to know about this idea.

Does anyone have any information about bone marrow donation?

I'll check around myself and post details when I find them.

-Zephyr's Mom

knowonder
Dec. 17, 2002, 08:49 AM
Just talked to Lisa--Aiden is back home sleeping in his crib. He had a little trouble breathing under the anethesia but not as bad as last time--he didn't ever actually stop breathing. His veins were still enlarged--however one SHOWED SOME IMPROVEMENT--we're taking what we can get at this point /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif His esophagus also remains very constricted--keep those jingles coming!

Lisa will post more detail when she has time but for now he is sleeping peacefully at home in his very own crib /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Portia
Dec. 17, 2002, 08:53 AM
Thank God. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Still jingling though.

Zephyr'sMom
Dec. 17, 2002, 08:58 AM
Sorry for the long post.

www.marrow.org (http://www.marrow.org)

About the National Marrow Donor Program

The National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) is the international leader in the facilitation of unrelated marrow and blood stem cell transplantation.

A non-profit organization based in Minneapolis, Minn., the NMDP facilitates unrelated marrow and blood stem cell transplants for patients with life-threatening diseases who do not have matching donors in their families.

Since its founding in 1986, the NMDP has facilitated approximately 12,000 unrelated transplants for patients with blood disorders, such as leukemia and aplastic anemia, as well as certain immune system and genetic disorders.

The NMDP is the only organization that offers a single point of access for all sources of stem cells used in transplantation: marrow, peripheral blood and umbilical cord blood. At any given time, the NMDP offers hope to more than 3,000 patients searching its Registry.

Through an extensive network of national and international affiliates, the NMDP currently facilitates more than 130 transplants each month. The Network includes Apheresis Centers, Collection Centers, Cooperative Registries, Cord Blood Banks, Donor Centers, Laboratories, Recruitment Groups, Repositories, and Transplant Centers. Another partner, The Marrow Foundation, also supports the NMDP through strategic fundraising efforts with individuals and corporations.

Approximately 40 percent of the transplants facilitated by the NMDP now involve either a U.S. patient receiving stem cells from an international donor or an international patient receiving stem cells from a U.S. donor.

Eligibility Guidelines

All donors must be between the ages of 18-60 and in good health.

AIDS:
If you have or are at risk for HIV (AIDS), you cannot become a marrow donor.

Asthma:
Serious asthma (poorly controlled, requiring hospitalization, etc) is not acceptable.

Back problems:
Back problems (sprains, strains and aches) are common and may not interfere with a marrow donation. Serious back problems, particularly those requiring surgery, may be a cause for deferral. If you have significant back problems, consult your donor center.

Blood pressure:
Elevated blood pressure (hypertension) is acceptable if controlled by medication.

Cancer:
Cured local skin cancer (only simple basal cell or squamous cell) is acceptable. Cervical cancer in situ is acceptable. All other forms of cancer are unacceptable.

Diabetes:
Medication-dependent diabetes is not acceptable. Diabetes controlled by diet is acceptable.

Epilepsy:
More than one seizure in the past year or multiple seizures are not acceptable. Epilepsy controlled with medication, when there has been no more than one seizure in the past year, is acceptable.

Heart disease:
Prior heart attack, bypass surgery or other heart disease is not acceptable. Mitral valve prolapse that does not require medication or restrictions is acceptable.

Irregular heartbeat not requiring medication is acceptable.

Hepatitis:
Hepatitis B surface antigen is not acceptable. Hepatitis C antibody is not acceptable. Any other hepatitis history must be evaluated early in the actual search process. Hepatitis vaccine is acceptable.

Lyme disease:
Asymptomatic Lyme disease is acceptable if the donor has been treated successfully with antibiotics. Chronic Lyme disease is unacceptable.

Malaria:
Malaria more than three years ago is acceptable. If the volunteer finished a full course of antimalarial drugs more than six months ago, he or she is acceptable.

Obesity:
Body Mass Index is used to evaluate weight. Donors may be deferred if obesity presents donation risk.

Organ or tissue transplant:
Heart, lung, kidney, bone or other organ or tissue transplant recipients are deferred.

Pregnancy:
Marrow cannot be collected at any time during pregnancy. Women who are pregnant are temporarily deferred.

Sexually transmitted diseases:
Any history of sexually transmitted diseases must be evaluated early in the actual search process.

Tuberculosis:
Active pulmonary tuberculosis within the last two years is not acceptable.

Immunizations:
Immunizations are acceptable, excluding investigational vaccines. Some immunizations require a waiting period before joining the Registry.

Edited to add: That's wonderful news about Aiden!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tackpud
Dec. 17, 2002, 09:11 AM
YEAH!!! He's home again! Come on little guy - keep going! Thinking of you all the time - best wishes and prayers for all involved.

agedbayhunter
Dec. 17, 2002, 09:43 AM
Sleep snug in your bed little boy! We love you.

goobs
Dec. 17, 2002, 09:53 AM
that Aiden is home safe and snug in his crib. Thanks for letting us know, knowonder. He was heavy on my mind all morning.

RolexH
Dec. 17, 2002, 11:11 AM
Well, the varicies were still very large. One was enormus, but there was one that was smaller. The risks are still there, however not any worse. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The esphogus has a lot of scar tissue in it now. This has caused a lot of problems for Aiden. He can not get solid food down. (for about 1 month now)He can only drink a bottle, and until he is tranpsplanted it will remain that way. They said if the liquid stops going down then they will have to look at more drastic measures. Of course that won't happen becuase we are going to get a liver!

This morning went smoothly except a little weak breathing at the end. This sometimes happens to children with livers like him. The anesthesia can't really filter out and it can cause some delay and make him sleep a little too hard.

Right now he is in only mild discomfort. We gave him some tylenol, it should help. But he did manage to drink his first bottle and it didn't come back up. That is a good sign. He is so tough.

Thanks for the prayers this morning. And the emails that everyone sent. It really lifted me today. Joey and I are running on fumes. This tradegy with Brianna has reminded us that we need to hang in there and hold strong. We have a long road ahead of us. Today is just another little victory. Just like everyday with him. Thank God!

Ohh there he is crying; better go get him... I will give an extra squeeze and big kiss from all of you.....

~~Lisa~~

slainte!
Dec. 17, 2002, 11:52 AM
lisa - you are an inspiration to us all. aiden (and what a beautiful name that is) is a tough little man and i wish to your family a merry christmas and a happy new year.

your strength brings tears to my eyes.

stay beautiful. forever.

-Liz
"The sight of that horse did something to me I've never quite been able to explain. He was more than tremendous strength and speed and beauty of motion. He set me dreaming" - Walt Morey

hitchinmygetalong
Dec. 17, 2002, 12:52 PM
If I could package up some strength and send it to you, I surely would.

"Take some of mine. I have too much."

Don't worry about keeping us posted, use your time to play with Aiden.

We all love you.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

-Louisa May Alcott

Fred
Dec. 17, 2002, 02:02 PM
thank you for keeping us updated. Don't forget to take care of yourself! still jingling here, for Aiden and for knowonder too.
love to you xoox
Gail &lt;fred&gt;

TB Mom
Dec. 17, 2002, 02:16 PM
"The Most Beautiful Stones Have Been Tossed By The Wind And Washed By The Waters And Polished To Brilliance By Life's Strongest Storms"...

Aiden is the most beautiful little rock I've never met. What a lucky little guy to have parents like you and you husband (and ooh so many friends).
God Bless you and your family this holiday season.
My children and I are praying for you.

Tap2Tango
Dec. 17, 2002, 06:48 PM
Sounds good! Lots of jingle jangles from me and Tap Tap!
~Steph
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

*Tapestry* 2000 Dutch WB mare by Contango
*Desperado* 1998 Dutch/TB gelding by Glendale
*Blazin' Magic* 2000 Welsh/TB gelding by Hollering Hills Little Prince

Nitro's Mommy
Dec. 17, 2002, 06:58 PM
Every time a bell rings this holiday season, wether on a door hanger, a salvation army bell, or the bells of a horse drawn sleigh, I will consider any bells I hear (even doorbells) being jingled and jangled for Aiden!!!!!!

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it. Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will. That I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen"

IUPRider
Dec. 17, 2002, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear he's home!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Linny
Dec. 17, 2002, 07:45 PM
Good night, sleep tight and sweet dreams dear little Aiden.

Hugs, jingles and prayers...

For the truth that binds us all together
I would like to say a simple prayer
That at this special time you will have true peace of mind
And loff to last throughout the coming year ~The Christmas Wish

HSM
Dec. 17, 2002, 07:58 PM
Glad you're back home - jingling and praying and sending our best!!!

RolexH
Dec. 18, 2002, 06:52 AM
Yesterday Aiden developed a fever from the procedure. He was crying for hours. I felt just awful. Today he is better, but his little eyes are puffy and tired. bUt he still has a low grade fever. As most of you know we are not supoosed to have ANY fevers at this point. (won't get a liver if we get a call) I am hoping it is temporary and he will work out of it today. I am not going to give him tylenol, going to see how it does on it's own. Our GI specialist is aware and watching him closely.

Okay ready for good news?
Got his labs back yesterday, his blood is clotting PERFECTLY!! His Hemoglobin ang oxygen levels are PERFECT, the entire CBC except the platlets were PERFECT!! The nurse said that if she looked at just those tests she would think she was looking at a perfectly healthy child!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Yay for Aiden.

The only test of those that is related to the liver is the clotting. But to have it STILL be good, means that it is still has some function in it, and the medicines we are giving him to clott his blood is being absorbed by his liver.. Bla bla who cares why, It clotts!!! Yahooo! You see, right now with Aiden's bleeding condtion, this helps seperate it from being potentially catasrtophic, vs just ugly. Right now if Aiden, God forbid, were to bleed, it should clott it's self and he should recover quickly. Thank God!

Okay scheduling my flight to come to Atlanta to help knowonder with her testing. Baby Aiden is not permitted to fly; the blood pressure changes can cause him bleeding and problems. So I will be away from Aiden for the first time in my life. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I will miss him and Joey.

But we are going to find out great news!! I know Sara wil be a match. Just wish us luck. and a big loud JINGLE!!!

Ps/ thanks fo rthe sweet words everyone. Gail, thank you for the lovely emails. It always boosts me knowing my Canbadian friends love Aiden so much.. XOXO

~~Lisa~~

Tackpud
Dec. 18, 2002, 07:26 AM
Great news on the clotting! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Here's hoping the fever will disappear in minutes.

Good luck on the testing Knowonder!

cinnabar
Dec. 18, 2002, 07:34 AM
Such good news about Aiden's testing! Good luck,knowonder. Please let us know when you have any info. Jingling for you!

xoxo

[This message was edited by cinnabar on Dec. 18, 2002 at 12:29 PM.]

knowonder
Dec. 18, 2002, 07:43 AM
Here's the schedule as I know it--the Big 2 tests are the CT Scan (which no one has made it past yet) and the Angiogram. The CT Scan will be at 4 or Thus afternoon and the Angiogram at 7am (ugh!) on Friday morning--Lisa or I will post Thursday as soon as we know if I got past the CT Scan or not!

SOOOO Jinglers--jingle at 4 on Thurs REALLY loud! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fred
Dec. 18, 2002, 07:45 AM
take care, and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
brave girls, sara and lisa. good luck.

goobs
Dec. 18, 2002, 08:20 AM
Send back some good news from Atlanta! We will all be waiting! I know you guys will feel all the strong vibes of support from this BB in Atlanta over the next 2 days!

Aiden is so strong, he's not gonna let this get the best of him! He'll be around to knock down many Christmas trees in the Hawk household (like mine did last night!) and he is going to break many a window flyballs, etc.

So glad to hear about his blood clotting properly!

Risk-Averse Rider
Dec. 18, 2002, 08:41 AM
My kids are 19 and 23 now, so I had forgotten what it was like in the days of little ones underfoot. We used to put the Christmas tree inside one of those circular expanding wooden gates (remember the pre-safety finger-pinching kind?).

agedbayhunter
Dec. 18, 2002, 11:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RolexH:
Okay scheduling my flight to come to Atlanta to help knowonder with her testing. Baby Aiden is not permitted to fly; the blood pressure changes can cause him bleeding and problems. So I will be away from Aiden for the first time in my life. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I will miss him and Joey.

~~Lisa~~
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember the first time I was away from my baby -- now 26. I was in the hospital for a week for surgery and missed him like crazy, but Mr. Agedbayhunter did just fine with him (with a little help from my mother /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).

RolexH
Dec. 18, 2002, 09:20 PM
I just have a good feeling about this. Aiden is gonna get a MATCH! jingle like crazy. Thank you Sara!! The hawk family loves you.

Begins tomarrow at 9:30! we will post often!

~~Lisa~~

LoriO
Dec. 18, 2002, 09:28 PM
Jingle jingle!!!

All gave some...And some gave all...God bless the USA

Nitro's Mommy
Dec. 18, 2002, 09:35 PM
Going to the hospital, with the BBers behind you,
up and down things go, jingles all the way!
Posts on the board, trying to make spirits bright,
Let's find Aiden a match today!

Oh Jingle chains, jangle chains, jingle all the way
Please let Aiden find a match today-hey!
Jingle chains, jangle chains, jingle all the way
Please let Aiden find a match today-hey!

Kryswyn
Dec. 18, 2002, 09:39 PM
Gimme an L! Gimme an I! Gimme a V! Gimme an E! Gimme an R! What's that spell?

Liver!

WHAT'S THAT SPELL?

LIVER!

G00000000000 Knowonder!

(Sorry for the wacky humor, but really, this is a situation that needs some humor. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Poor RolexH is having to leave Aiden, it's Christmas time, and all of us want a liver for Aiden more than anything else this Christmas!)

~Kryswyn~

Beezer
Dec. 18, 2002, 09:56 PM
you really picked your BB name well, didn't you? You are indeed a wonder. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif A big jingle for you just on principle and another to ensure that the testing goes well.

Lisa, your grace and fortitude know no bounds. There must be a well inside you that goes deeper than any ever created. I know that you draw on many sources for strength, and that your first priority and thoughts are of your precious son.

But I cannot imagine how tired you must be. And though we have never met, I figure I "know" you well enough to say that you will never allow yourself to feel it or admit it. Still ... when your dear boy is settled for the night, go take a bubble bath for me. Pour yourself a glass of wine, get a trashy novel and just wallow for a bit. God knows, you deserve it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My curb chain is jingling for all it's worth for all of you.

Dearest Santa: All I really want for Christmas is flying LEAD CHANGES!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Fred
Dec. 19, 2002, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beezer:
you really picked your BB name well, didn't you? You are indeed a wonder. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif A big jingle for you just on principle and another to ensure that the testing goes well.

Lisa, your grace and fortitude know no bounds. There must be a well inside you that goes deeper than any ever created. I know that you draw on many sources for strength, and that your first priority and thoughts are of your precious son.

But I cannot imagine how tired you must be. And though we have never met, I figure I "know" you well enough to say that you will never allow yourself to feel it or admit it. Still ... when your dear boy is settled for the night, go take a bubble bath for me. Pour yourself a glass of wine, get a trashy novel and just _wallow_ for a bit. God knows, you deserve it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My curb chain is jingling for all it's worth for all of you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

good luck /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BustersMom
Dec. 19, 2002, 06:31 AM
I hope that no news is good news this morning. Let us know how the CT scan was. Jingle jingle jingle.

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group

HSM
Dec. 19, 2002, 06:43 AM
Glad to hear the good news about the clotting - yay!

Gosh, I am jingling as hard as I can - with extra jingles for Lisa having to be away from her baby!!

Psst, Buster's Mom - the CAT scan is this afternoon (Thursday). /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Midge
Dec. 19, 2002, 07:02 AM
PEE before the arteriogram! Many times! As much as possible! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

shmon
Dec. 19, 2002, 07:21 AM
I'll be thinking of you guys, and jingling like crazy (and my pupster is too!)

Baileybff
Dec. 19, 2002, 08:37 AM
Praying that things are going well. We love you Aiden! I will check back in every couple of hours to see if there are any updates! Good Luck, God Speed!
Natalie

"A horse is a horse of course of course"...This person obviously never met MY horse!

Catalina
Dec. 19, 2002, 08:39 AM
Good luck. I hope everything goes well.

hitchinmygetalong
Dec. 19, 2002, 11:08 AM
Good luck! You are all so very brave, I feel so humbled.

Hope to hear GREAT news soon.

Jingles!

-Louisa May Alcott

IUPRider
Dec. 19, 2002, 11:13 AM
Jingles!!

Good luck today, we're all thinking of you!

Willem
Dec. 19, 2002, 11:26 AM
This it be writed in A-merican, aber wenn I sing it it be better (und I don't nott to be wearing no makeup):

The moment I wake up
Before I put on my makeup
I say a little prayer for you
While combing my hair now
And wondering what dress to wear now

Forever and ever
You'll stay in my heart
And I will love you
Forever and ever
We never will part
Oh how I'll love you
Together, forever
That's how it will be
To live without you
Would only mean heartbreak for me

I run for the bus dear
While riding it I think of us dear
At work I just take time
And all through my coffee break time

Forever and ever
You'll stay in my heart
And I will love you
Forever and ever
We never will part
Oh how I'll love you
Together, forever
That's how it will be
To live without you
Would only mean heartbreak for me

My darling believe me
For me there is no one
But you
Please love me too
I'm in love with you
Answer my prayer

------------------------
I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

goobs
Dec. 19, 2002, 12:17 PM
It's 2:16 EST! I wonder how it all went! Oh man I cannot stand the suspense! Please please please God let it be a match! Knowonder - you are so awesome! Jingling like nuts!

Seven
Dec. 19, 2002, 01:09 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif still jingling /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tackpud
Dec. 19, 2002, 01:12 PM
I'm waiting with everything crossed and all chains jingling! Can't wait to hear how it went.

Quinn
Dec. 19, 2002, 01:29 PM
Because I just know it WILL be excellent. Everything is crossed, prayers are being sent and all that I wish for is health and happiness for all of you.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." ~Churchill~

doubletake
Dec. 19, 2002, 01:58 PM
GOOD LUCK! I'mma jingling away really loud!

shmon
Dec. 19, 2002, 02:30 PM
and still jingling extra loud!!

can't re-
Dec. 19, 2002, 03:45 PM
and more jingles and prayers!

RolexH
Dec. 19, 2002, 03:55 PM
RolexH and Knowonder here--we are done with the testing for today. Knowonder came throught the physical and the psych exam with flying colors! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Her CT Scan went well and we are still waiting for them to be read--as soon as we hear from the doctor, we will post it!

Knowonder here--
If everything is good, we start again at 7am with the Arteriogram--during which they will thread a catheter through my femoral artery--that's right the one in my groin! Then they get to use an even larger needle through my side to do a liver biopsy. I then must lay perfectly still for 6 hours so my vein will clot properly during which time they will do an EKG, Echo, abdominal ultrasound and chemical stress test on my heart--yipee!

Back to RolexH
We have the evening to ourselves so we are going to go out and eat at a fancy restaurant (if we can find one) then EqChick will be meeting up with us later in the evening to just hang out. sara nad I are like kids, we have this room with two singlebeds.. slumber party. Unfortunatly we get to wake up to a less than pleasant day.

Knowonder here
Lisa is about to drive herself crazy trying to type and think at the same time--I promise we will post as soon as we hear from the doctor with the results from the CT Scan--I'm taking her to dinner while she can still walk and talk.

More later--we love you guys.

~~Lisa~~

Coreene
Dec. 19, 2002, 04:02 PM
But damn me if you haven't given us our best piece of hope for Christmas. I love both of you and I will be there in spirit tomorrow! But not for any gross parts, ha ha.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

JAGold
Dec. 19, 2002, 04:02 PM
Knowonder -- Good luck tomorrow! I've had most of those procedures performed, and really they aren't bad at all. If you have any questions, let me know! --Jess

Midge
Dec. 19, 2002, 04:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RolexH:
Knowonder here--
If everything is good, we start again at 7am with the Arteriogram--during which they will thread a catheter through my femoral artery--that's right the one in my groin! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get to get shaved. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif I asked for a heart but they weren't interested in artwork. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I then must lay perfectly still for 6 hours so my vein will clot properly <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hence the advice to pee!!! I had a studly fellow pressing on me for 20 minutes. It was only fun for the first two or three. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Risk-Averse Rider
Dec. 19, 2002, 04:14 PM
Jingling madly with fingers tightly crossed that the CT results turn out okay.

Lily
Dec. 19, 2002, 04:27 PM
I am jingling like crazy for you, knowonder! I have a really good feeling about this.

Have lots of fun tonight! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fred
Dec. 19, 2002, 04:29 PM
brave girls - good luck good luck.
Willem thanks for the song - now I will be singing it all night - and who has more fun than David Lee Roth?

Baileybff
Dec. 19, 2002, 04:29 PM
So glad to hear that day one went well! RolexH you are Wonder Woman and you have yourself a little Super Man! Knowonder you are just that...wonderful!! All my thoughts and prayers are with you tonight and will be until the results are in.

L~ Love for that special child
I~ I pray for you
V~ Victory is ever so close
E~ Energy to pull you through
R~ Richer is what you will be

God Bless The Hawk Family! You are in our prayers~ Bless you Knowonder...

Natalie
{The Kimball Family}

"A horse is a horse of course of course"...This person obviously never met MY horse!

CactusLil
Dec. 19, 2002, 04:38 PM
Jingles, thoughts and prayer from VA! Here's hoping all goes well!

DMK
Dec. 19, 2002, 04:45 PM
A little late on the fancy dinner recommendation, but go to CANOE!!!! (in the Vinings, on West Paces Ferry Road by the river - you can get to it from 75).

Another good choice is Blue Ridge Grill, right on West Paces Ferry and 75 (same side of the 75 that the OK Cafe is on).

Last but not least, Kudzu Cafe is very good, if not slightly overrated.

But every time I read the papers, that old feeling comes on;
We're -- waist deep in the Big Muddy, and the big fool says to push on.
Pete Seeger