PDA

View Full Version : Question for Canter

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:31 AM
Okay, so I am utterly jealous that the CA clique holds the record, only thus far, for the longest damn thread in the history of this BB.

They need a challenge, of the kind that only frostbitten and hearty beer-panel-toque-wearing Canadians can mount. So come out of lurking, assume many, many alters and let's dish. We're goin' for the big one kids. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:31 AM
Okay, so I am utterly jealous that the CA clique holds the record, only thus far, for the longest damn thread in the history of this BB.

They need a challenge, of the kind that only frostbitten and hearty beer-panel-toque-wearing Canadians can mount. So come out of lurking, assume many, many alters and let's dish. We're goin' for the big one kids. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OnyxThePony
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:39 AM
Add my fodder to the fire.
Post number one. Not useless, someone had to get it rolling!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

L Scott
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:40 AM
I can only help out until until 2 pm and then the kidlets and hubby race off to skiland.

Here's a question; what type of dog do all you bb canucks like to use to pull your sleds? Siberian, Malamut, a husky mix.

My personal favourite is the Canadian Eskimo Dog, but they're not a childrens dog.

Where is Balto when you need him.

undefined

L Scott
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:43 AM
are the scurge of civilization. I can never get them to work.

How am I doing.

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:47 AM
My preference is a team of Jack Russell Terriers for sled-pulling duty. With Sumo toddler perched regally atop in his fur parka, munching merrily away on a piece of whale blubber.

OnyxThePony
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:47 AM
I rode with Deb Mccourt and Corky Panerisi. Any takers on that one?
Anyone remember Baccus? He won silver at the 76 Montreal Olympics. He died a few years ago, but had lived out the last many years of his life here. I'd love to hear some feel good stories.
I use a Samoyed, but the caution is their independnce and sheer laze. Been a long time since that breed was the first to the North Pole.. and I frankly, can hardly believe it!

Jair
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:48 AM
Not bad, not bad at all LCR Scott,

But I can one-up you:

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

diane
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:51 AM
I could use Crosby the corgi for the dogsled ..... but we wouldn't go anywhere, he lies down when he's scared and the thought of work would definitely scare him! ... I could use Boom-Boom the boxer .... but she's such a princess she would want to ride in it ... that leaves Bing & Bong, the JRT's .... oh god! we'd go to every tree, under every fence and in lot's and lot's of circles!!! guess we'll have to stick to the golf cart, they all like to ride in that!

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:51 AM
A blonde joke! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

A brunette, a blonde, and a redhead are all in third grade.
Who has the biggest boobs?
The blonde, because she's 18.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:54 AM
What do you call an Alabama farmer with a sheep
under each arm?
A Pimp.

Jair
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:56 AM
Heidi, really, its not even 10:00 AM here! That was sick /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Well, ok, I laughed anyways /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tin
Feb. 23, 2001, 10:01 AM
I actually like to use a team of Saint Bernards, I found the JRT's just couldn't the barrels of my "cold weather joy" as well /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Here's a really really bad joke:

How do you turn a dishwasher into a snow blower?

Give him a shovel!

hahahahahahahahahaha! Origianally it was give "her" a shovel, but I think it sounds better this way /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Well have to go check preggers mare and then go grocery shopping, anyone want anything while I'm gone?

L Scott
Feb. 23, 2001, 10:04 AM
I have the worst cold and I nearly lost a lung laughing at those and am still coughing uncontrollibly(sp).

Thank you.

stupid icons.

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 10:11 AM
Horsey query.

John Pearce has a stallion named Air Jordan, who shares very similar pedigree with my favourite horse. Think the horse won the CT class last year for five or six year olds; I haven't seen him go, however.

So I'm a thinking I'd like to buy a nice mare and breed her to Air Jordan. Anyone have any thoughts - besides, don't do it Heidi, don't do it!

Here's the link BTW to the horse's 'bio'.

http://johnpearce.com/forestview.htm

Oh, here's another one:

How many women does it take to change a light
bulb?
None, they just sit there in the dark and bitch.

MissD
Feb. 23, 2001, 10:13 AM
I used to have a Malamute/Husky cross pulling my sled, but he sadly passed away. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Now I've got a team of a Keeshond and a Great Dane. They don't do any sledpulling though, because the Great Dane would spend the whole time trying to run over the Keeshond. As for blonde jokes, I've got a few. How do you make a wind tunnel? Line up 15 blondes ear to ear. How do you know a blonde has been using your computer? There's whiteout on the screen. Why did the blonde get fired from the M&M factory? She threw out all the Ws. Ha ha, how was that for lame jokes? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I've got another question for you. How big is your igloo? Mine is quite modern, with running water and heat, and it's even 2 stories!

Goodyfourshoes!
Feb. 23, 2001, 10:15 AM
edit

L Scott
Feb. 23, 2001, 10:21 AM
Don't know much about him, although the pedigree is there. The "in foal" rather that "live foal" guarantee bugs me though. Might want to find out about that.

What mare.

[This message was edited by LCR Scott on Feb. 23, 2001 at 01:27 PM.]

Feb. 23, 2001, 10:28 AM
if he was chasing a cat!!! Tie cat to end of lunge whip, and voila!! Load up the sled with kegs of Labatt's, and cases of KJ chard, and lets go play.

My joke: What do you call a cow that's just had an abortion?????

A decaffinated cow...

Heidi, I have a lovely broodmare for sale, but, if she's not gone by April, I'm planning to breed her to Kaliedoscope.

Any oppinions on him???

Jair
Feb. 23, 2001, 10:33 AM
Heidi, thats an awfully high studfee for a 5 year old stallion that has a) done very little competition and b) has no performing offspring

For that price you could breed to some very nice established sires in Europe via frozen semen or using fresh/cooled to the likes of Feiner Stern or Zeoliet who are in the US.

The description also did not indicate his approved status with the different registries.

But he is beautiful looking horse

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 11:02 AM
Okey-doke. Here's my other stallion pick.

Cheaper, not proven, though his sire is among my favourite horses.

http://www.charlotfarm.com/futurist.htm

What's the breed of the broodmare Jamie Lynn? You throwing her in as part of the dowry darling?

BTW people, only 33 pages to go. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

doubletake
Feb. 23, 2001, 11:06 AM
Now here is another stallion w/ a big jump
http://www.rainbowequus.com/images/Lkfreejump0001.jpg
Nice front legs /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 03:11 PM
Hey Doubletake, who's the stallion? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

doubletake
Feb. 23, 2001, 03:34 PM
Hanoverian stallion "Landkonig" I think...I'll see if I can find the site on him later.

JRG
Feb. 23, 2001, 03:44 PM
Thanks Tin!! I am know in the process of wiping coffee off my computer screen. After the snow we had hear last night it was very timely.

I only hope by the time I get home tonight I have a cook instead.

On another note, I might be set free long enough to come home in the next few weeks for a visit. I can't wait. I have visions of timmies dancing in my head.

doubletake
Feb. 23, 2001, 04:03 PM
heidi- http://www.rainbowequus.com/landkonig.html
That's who that nice guy is! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Feb. 23, 2001, 04:19 PM
The mare is a TB (16.3), by Strike a Chord, and the reason that I bought her was because her first foal was a 16.1+++ HH as a 2yr old STUNNING INDIVIDUAL!!!!!!! The 2 that I have out of her are AWESOME (Mandarin was the daddy). I think this mare would make a great cross with a WB or a QH... She throws size temperament, and awesome movers... I guarantee the 2 that I have will be at least 17 HH...

Do I HAVE to wear an orange toque at the wedding??? It clashes with my complexion!!!!LOL

PS--check out my "crap" thread to see another Mandy kid...

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 04:37 PM
Doubletake, thanks for the link. Checked it out, drooled, and I'm machinating. Poor Hans, while he's at work, darling wife sits, surfs and books frozen semen. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Lankonig's now on my list.

Jamie Lynn, sweetness, not only will you have to wear an orange toque but Sorel boots and thong panties under your Vera Wang Mother-of-the-Bride gown. BTW, think I'm gonna stop by for a visit on our next trip to New York to check out your mares of the equine and human variety - not to mention the dowry zamboni.

Feb. 23, 2001, 05:03 PM
from the boarder, and already have a pair of Sorrel's!!!!!!!

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 05:07 PM
OMG, you don't live in Buffalo do you? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

If that's the case, I may have to reconsider Sumo toddler's upcoming nuptials to your beast child citing bad geographic karma. I am NOT allowing my beloved last emperor to live in the land of Irv Weinstein!

Palisades
Feb. 23, 2001, 06:02 PM
Well, I'm always up for a challenge (especially when I should be doing homeowrk instead).

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Love the blond jokes. To contribute my share; How do you know a blond's been on the computer? Someone left cheese for the mouse. The Classic: What's the difference between a blond and cheez whiz? Cheez Whiz has personality. (punch line must be sung to the same tune as the commercial which featured that as their slogan)

Long one, but funny: A woman decides to redecorate her house, so she gets a painter over to look at it. They walk into the kitchen, and the woman says "I want this room yellow". The painter nods, then walks over to a window, sticks her head out and yells "green side up!" The woman is puzzled, but decides to ignore it.

Next, they go into the dining room. "I want this room grey". The painter nods, then walks over to a window and again yells out "green side up!" By now, the poor homeowner is extremely confused, but she ignores it again, and walks into the living room.

"I want this room blue" she says. The painter nods, then calls once more "green side up!" The woman decides she has had enough. "What on earth are you doing?" she asks. The painter apologizes "I'm sorry" she replies, "but I have a crew of blonds laying sod across the street".

Well, that's all for now. I'll check back frequently...glad to see we're being s*** disturbers again, it was getting boring on here! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Tin
Feb. 23, 2001, 06:05 PM
Well I survived grocery shoping but just barely!! Geese some of those people are evil with their carts, I was smashed in the shin twice *son of a #$^^& hurt!* and cut off so many times I lost count. Not to mention someone stole my bananas out of my cart *humph*

Rode beast #2 tonight (Reggie) and he was EXCELLENT! He was like butter, I couldn't have been happier. We even got a compliment from the "dressage queen" of the barn (dub by the dressage riders, not me) I think I should get an award for that /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

joke: (care of JB)

What's the difference between a Northern Fairytale and a Southern
Fairytale?

A Northern Fairytale begins "once upon a time" and
a Southern Fairytale begins "y'all ain't gonna believe this sh!t".

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 06:09 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid. Tin, I got that exact joke emailed to me this morning by a friend whose initials are RH. You don't know this smutty individual do you? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

First Elton/Eminem, onto Steely Dan, the coincidences are eerie! You're not one of my BB alters are you?

Louise
Feb. 23, 2001, 06:37 PM
Just wanted to throw this guy into the mix, especially since he is so close to both you and Jaime Lynn
http://205.163.41.2/scripts/hrsdetl.exe?947206231&0
Imported by Spruce Meadows, loves to jump, has lovely ground manners and he is a true black.

And, I'm not at all prejudiced, just because he is in the barn I board at lol.

doubletake
Feb. 23, 2001, 06:48 PM
Louise- that's a nice horse!
Another stallion- looks well in this picture: http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_ad.php3?form_horse_id=73565

Tin
Feb. 23, 2001, 06:51 PM
Someone hold me! I'm scared!!! Heidi, could it be? could I be your alter? Stranger things have happened, ya know. Ever seen fight club? I'd be your Brad Pitt, hmmm that wouldn't be too bad actually /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
If I am your alter, just a reminder you have a floor plan due next monday and you should get cracking on that model. Oh and you have a lesson on Tin tomorrow /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Noppers, I don't happen to know any RH's, not off hand anyways (I appologise profoundly if I do and just can't remeber).

not a joke, but a riddle. If anyone knows the answer please tell me, it's been bugging me for a year now /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HERE IS A RIDDLE

There are three words in the English language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word.

What is it?________gry?

MissD
Feb. 23, 2001, 07:14 PM
Now I will lie awake until I remember the answer to that riddle. I have heard it before, and I used to know the answer. But I forget! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Wahhhhhhhhh. What is it? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I don't know! Grrrr, I will soon find out. Please out my mind at rest!

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 23, 2001, 07:16 PM
Hehehehe. The word is tin-gry from the Latin, tinageronoasum, def. to feel exceptionally stressed and excited simultaneously; as in, "I get really tingry whenever I think of schooling my horse and spitting out yet another floor plan". /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

NoGreatMischief
Feb. 23, 2001, 08:13 PM
"Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."

This is the original wording of the riddle...it's been twisted over the years to something like the version that Tin gave us. Does this make it any easier? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Tin
Feb. 23, 2001, 08:33 PM
By george she's got it!! Heidi you are a genious!!!! Tingry, man it totally slipped my mind and I use that word so very often /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sorry MissD, but when/if you think of it let us know, I have a big group of people waiting in anticipation /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Let's see, need another joke..... o.k here's another blonde joke, an oldy but goody /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

One day a blonde woman named Sally finally got tired of everyone
assuming she was stupid because of her hair color. She decided to
go to the hairdressers and have her hair dyed brown.

Feeling quite proud of her new look she decided to go for a drive
in the country. After a while she came upon a shepherd. Trying to
test out her new look she walked over to him and asked, "If I can
guess how many sheep you have may I take one for a reward?"

The shepherd thought that she would never guess the exact number
of sheep, so he took her bet and let her try. Amazingly she
guessed 98, the exact number of sheep he owned.

Feeling rather good about herself, she picked up her reward and
started walking back to her car. Before she got there the
shepherd tapped her on the shoulder.

"If I can guess your natural hair color, can I have my dog back?"

JumpTheMoon
Feb. 23, 2001, 09:56 PM
NGM, I have been trying to figure out that riddle for months but everyone I know can't seem to figure it out. I am sick of thinking about it but i want to know what it is! Will you please e-mail me (frostprincess06@hotmail.com) and tell me the answer!
*Katie

Feb. 24, 2001, 05:13 AM
the nuptuals will resume. I'm not in Buffalo--actually Louise is MUCH closer to that arctic-like place...

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 12:58 PM
Come on you guys, only 33 pages to go! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif We can't put the thread on life support already!

Feb. 24, 2001, 02:27 PM
so what do you say to a tainer that has just "looked" at your horse, or do you say nothing at all?????

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 02:40 PM
Ya! Come on guys!
o.k our mare could be ready to pop any time now, she's waxed, has a nice shiny bag and acting uncomfortable. Any name suggestions? Must start with a G.

Oh and I had the "dreaded" lesson today, Tin was excellent!! I forwarned our coach and so we didn't work *that* hard and she was really really impressed with how good he was and how he didn't miss a step /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Yah, bonus points for Tin /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif We're doing gymnastics next weekend so I think a little more effort should be put into riding this week don't cha think? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 02:59 PM
So here we go - humans aren't that different from horses after all.

I, too, got waxed before popping out my babies. Not only are your legs then wonderfully smooth and hair free for the assembled audience but the pain of a bikini wax reminds you of what's coming. Pain in context, that's what it's all about folks.

Jamie Lynn, I suppose it depends on your familiarity with the trainer - and how well you read body language, vocal inflections, and facial tics. Do know that some trainers like to play it calm and cool and will not betray any emotion as a negotiation tactic.

I think I should come over for a visit - at the very least, can assure you that if I LOVE something, it's pretty evident (I tend to jump up and down screaming, "I want that one!", little wonder where Sumo inherited his ToysRUs strategies). Though, given my 'track record', I'll be surrounded by an entourage of people who doubt my eye for horse flesh. Prepare yourself for a caravan dear! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Palisades
Feb. 24, 2001, 04:18 PM
Keep it alive, guys!!!

Okay, my news for the week. My horse has been pretty good lately and we have been working on "big jumps" so that, come show season, we won't be scared by what we're doing in the ring. Bear in mind, anything over 3' is big to me. So in both my lessons this week, we have done a few 3'9" fences and he has been amazing, I'm extremely happy with him! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

What has everyone been doing to beat the winter blahs now that our January thaw is over and winter is back with a vengeance? I've mostly been spending my time hundled under many blankets, muttering "August is only 6 months away". /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Feb. 24, 2001, 04:43 PM
One of the horses that I showed to prospective buyers, cracked it's back REALLY hard over an oxer, and I think I have whiplash. In mid-air, I exclaimed "HOLY-SH!+" and the group of people watching the spectacle were in hysterics. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 05:04 PM
As this thread seems to be in need of all the help it can get, to surpass the 36-page milestone set by Question for Merry, we must keep all posters healthy -- even if they happen to be American in-laws-to-be.

Jamie Lynn, go soak in a hot tub sprinkled with epsom salts. Do not, however, take your computer with you into the tub. We'll give a half hour reprieve from the thread.

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 05:09 PM
Ouch heidi, do you think our mare would like a leg wax before having her baby? We'd need ALOT of wax!

I must say that we do have a LONG way to go on this thread yet. Maybe we should aim for short term goals like.... 5 pages? That's very doable! Then when we hit 5 pages, we can aim for 10 and so on.

2 more pages to go! Yay!! *does wave*

chinese food is not sitting well tonight, maybe I shouldn't have had that 5th plate at the buffet

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 05:18 PM
How would you feel about letting us Michiganders help you out? Our weather might not be as cold, but Canada is our second home!

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 05:20 PM
Hey Clip Clop, do you ever venture across to Windsor to the casino? I have a friend in Bloomfield who's probably won enough at this point to buy himself a really nice WB -- that is, if he wasn't allergic to horses. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 05:22 PM
How goes your article - what are you going to write on?

I'm hosting a slumber party tonight of prepubescent girls. Can you tell? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 05:27 PM
MY GAWD!!! Someone PLEASE post the answer! Im going crazy!!!!

Heidi, I must say, I practically have grown up in Canada, as a child my parents would drag my across the border. I think I might have spent 4 weekends every summer there... Niagra Falls is quite pretty may I add!

appymare
Feb. 24, 2001, 05:39 PM
and that riddle is driving me insane, tin pretty please won't you tell us the answer?

heidi- have missed your posts on emg, have you left us??!!

MissD
Feb. 24, 2001, 05:48 PM
So, everyone, what is the worst injury you've suffered that is horse related? I've been really lucky, the worst I had until today was a twisted ankle. Big ouch, I know. But today, it seems I got a concussion. I don't remember anything about it. I knew that my last lesson I was flying around a lot and suffered mane burn on my face. Apparently I hit the dirt today. I was wandering around the barn crying until my mom took me to the hospital. They had to throw out my contact lenses, grrrr. My short term memory is completely shot. I don't remember anything past 8:00 this morning, and I only remember flashes of things from the past week. My head hurts too. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I'm sure you guys and gals have had worse incidents. Tell me if you want to, although I know some falls we just don't like to talk about.

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 05:59 PM
MissD> ouch!! Hope your feeling better soon. Stay relaxed and out your feet up /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lets see...worst accident... well I think I've had maybe 3-4 concussions (nothing like yours MissD, no memory loss)...no broken bones....no sprains...nothing major so far I guess *knock on wood*. There was a time where my horse fell on my left leg and I was wearing my field boots but didn't want to take them off until my classes were over (once off they would have never went back on). After my classes when I did take them off my leg swelled up about 3 times and throbed so bad!! But in a day or two was back to normal. And another time where I dismounted my pony oddly and bent my ankle weird. It killed and I could hardly walk on it, of course I didn't tell my parents because I had a major party to go to that night and they would have made me stay home /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif But 3 days later I tripped, heard a "snap" and all was good /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Speaking of amnesia, I heard Ainsle Vince was kicked by a horse and lost about a years worth of memory, that she thought she was still with Eric Lamze and didn't know her real fiance. Anyone else hear bout that? Any comfirmation to thses rumours?

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:00 PM
Please Tin... come on, we'll love you forever!!! Promise!!

As far as my worse accident, I have been soooo lucky to have never been seriously hurt. The worst ever was last year, cantering around a tree on the trail, misjudged where my knee was and the distance between it and the tree. youch! One major bruise and numerous ice packs later, I have learned to not canter around trees!
However my oh-so unlucky sister, who rode for only a year, and gave it up, flew off her pony and hit her head on a rock (no helmet), flew off another time and hit the metal wall on the indoor, crashed through a jump only to fly off on the other side to get steped on, got taken through a door while on the horse and was scraped off, and got wacked on the nose by the pony again, this time with a severly bruised nose... and blood-everywhere. All this in one year! I wonder if that has something to do with her not riding anymore...

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:04 PM
Poor MissD /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif . Get lots of rest, your memory will return. Are you throwing up? If so, drinks lots of fluids, nothing sweet though.

My 10-year-old suffered a concussion last year when she was bucked off a pony and here's what I've discovered about concussions: you don't need to hit your head to suffer a concussion, concussions, in fact, travel up the spine; secondly, whence concussed and all inhibitions and social decorum lost, mini-Heidi can swear like a sailor. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Hans has broken ribs and suffered concussions. I've only had the wind knocked out of me; I usually land on my feet. Worse accidents? A friend of ours was riding a young greenie who put on the brakes very deep into a vertical. She was pitched off and landed teeth first on the jump. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

blink_182, yes, darling, I got tired of being slammed on a regular basis on the other board. You can come hang out with me on this board anyday though. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BTW, I have the MENSA slumber partiers working on the riddle - winner to be awarded $20. You see the lengths I go to for you people? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:09 PM
sorry Blink_182/ClipClop but I have no clue what the answer is, it's been stuck in my brain for years now and I was hopeing someone could figure it out.

Heidi, I'll up the anti $10 to any one of your Einstien-wonder-slumber-party munchkins if they can come up with it. Oh and I'll throw in a bag of chocolate chip cookies too /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

doubletake
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:11 PM
I am lost in this thread. What riddle? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

appymare
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:17 PM
I have been pretty lucky so far (knock on wood!!)...always seem to land safely when I fall off....but I was kicked in the knee /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It was awful, there was a huge crack when hoof-knee made contact, it swelled a little on the outside but swelled on the inside so I couldn't bend it for about 3 weeks. Had x-rays but nothing was damaged, only feels tingly and there is a little pain every so often, but I guess that's better than a broken kneecap.

heidi- we all miss your posts on the other bb!! but I have come here to help your thread grow!!!

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:19 PM
doubletake> the riddle is on the second page I do believe. Maybe you'll have more luck with it that we did /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Oh btw does anyone know what a heiku (sp?)is made of? Is it 5 sylibols, 6, 5?

JumpTheMoon
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:19 PM
I know the answer I know the answer nana nana boo boo /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I just had a site up which explains it very clearly so if anyone wants it i'll send it to you. I'll try and explain it to you but i'm not very good at it.

Here's another riddle:
The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end
The end of every place.

What am I?

doubletake
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:20 PM
The letter E /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

elizabeth
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:21 PM
It just NOW dawned on me that the "Question for Canter" title is a spin-off on the "Question for Merry" title.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box.

Good luck, heidi, on your thread. Those CA people are a different breed. They have tenacity. I guess it is b/c they NEED tenacity when they keep having to rebuild homes, cities, barns after every earthquake. I digress. . . .
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:22 PM
Explain. Now. 'nough said

Please??????

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:25 PM
Listen up all:

It is a common practice in riddles to throw in a unrelated sentence or a misleading statement to confuse the person solving the riddle.

If you read the riddle again you may notice that the first two sentences are the only ones referring to "gry". It never asks or implies that there is a third "gry" word.

So... If you re-read it without the first two sentences it is alot easier to solve.

There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."

Picture the sentence if formatted correctly.
There are only three words in "The English Language".

What is the third word? The third word in "The English Language" is LANGUAGE.

Think I may have to overthrow jumpsalot and claim that saint's halo for myself. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tin, you can just throw that tenner in the mail. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

doubletake
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:25 PM
The way the puzzle is worded is the clue.
The first sentence is irrelevant and just to confuse you.

The second sentence says:
"There are three words in the English language."

Notice it doesn't say:
"There are three words which end in "gry" in the English language."

The question "what is the third word?" does not refer to words ending in "gry," it refers to the three words in "the English language".

So the third word in "the English language" is "language".

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:26 PM
oh!oh! pick me! pick me! I know that one JumpTheMoon /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Good riddle! Do you know the answer to the first riddle? if so please email me!

Here's another (easier) riddle:

What object has keys that open no locks, space but no room, and you can enter but not go in?

doubletake
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:26 PM
Sorry, posted that the exact same time you did!

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:28 PM
According to some Japanesse Guy on the Internet:

It's a contemplative poetry that valorizes nature, color, season, contrasts and surprises. Usually it has 3 lines and 17 syllabes distributed in 5, 7 and 5. It must register or indicate a moment, sensation, impression or drama of a specific fact of nature. It's almost like a photo of some specific moment of nature.

Heehee... No, I'm not really that smart... don't you love the copy and paste buttons?

JumpTheMoon
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:29 PM
Ahhhh elizabeth your too good!

Ok heidi already explained it, but she's right. It confused me for EVER too, but now it all makes sense /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:30 PM
OMG!!!! I bow to you heidi and doubletake!! That's so obvious to me know, how did I miss that!!!!! Man is that a load off my mind /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (I have my priorities straight huh?)

Hey heidi, the checks in the mail but I'm afraid the cookies have been eaten, sorry /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:31 PM
I'll share doubletake - we can be co-saints. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

elizabeth, you slumming or have you defected now that I hold the key to your romantic future and a lifetime of bliss? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

JumpTheMoon
Don't do that to me LOL. I hate riddles, i'm always too stupid to figure them out. Heres an easy one though.

Whats mightier than god
Eviler than evil
Poor people have it
and rich people don't want it??

ClipClop
heidi, doubletake, I shall forever worship you!!! A load of my chest!! I think we were all hanging around for that!!!

JumpTheMoon
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:33 PM
Tin is it a computer?? huh huh is it is it?

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:37 PM
I know the answer to that one too JumpTheMoon!

I love riddles, I'm dumb about them too but gives me something to think about when I'm bored. I'm easily amuzed, heck you should see me with a cardboard box I have GREAT fun /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

At least I know the answer to the one I posted, give you guys a hint for those who don't know : You use it alot on for this BB. More confised or clear?

Thanks for the info on the haiku (spelling was alomst close /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif perhaps I'll have to write one now /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And lastly, in self defense the first riddle I posted had the wording completly screwed up that's why I never figued it out (ya right /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif good excuse huh? LOL!! )

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:39 PM
JumpTheMoon, close!! It's a keyboard /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

JumpTheMoon
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:41 PM
Ohhhh so close so close. I'll have to spend my time studying riddles now instead of having my eyes glued to the BB so that I know all the answers to them. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Whats the answer to mine Tin?

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:46 PM
While we're all gathered here, let's ponder the best horse show in Ontario...to be judged on organization, attendance, level of competition, footing/course design, exhibitor parties. Better yet, write a haiku about your fave show.

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:47 PM
We have to at least get to page five before I call it a night!!!

appymare
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:48 PM
30 more to go lol

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:48 PM
PAGE FIVE! I am content with the world!!!!

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:49 PM
And now for my haikus:

My fat bay mare ran
Away fast as I lay thrown
After the scary jump.

The whole world is snow
As I chase my stupid horse
With halter in hand.

Our round is complete
All eyes on us as my coach
Cries and walks away.

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:50 PM
Can we at least say... NO MORE RIDDLES TONIGHT? My brain hurts, and I just can't stop thinking about them!! :-P

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:50 PM
My favourite show haiku

Oh dear Bromont oh
Poutine, less tax, good footing
Wish all shows were thus

doubletake
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:51 PM
Here are some easy riddles:

There is a certain crime, that if it is attempted, is punishable, but if it is committed, is not punishable. What is the crime?

A horse-related one:
Two of the fastest horsemen in the kingdom proposed to the king's daughter. The king didn't like either suitor, but he wanted to look fair so he suggested a horse race in which the winner would have his daughter's hand. The only catch was that the winner would be the person whose horse came in second. The king was certain the race would never take place because he felt that neither horseman would let the other win. Finally, the king's daughter made a suggestion to the two horsemen that would guarantee a fair race. What did she suggest?

While on a safari in the wild jungles of Africa, a man woke one morning and felt something in the pocket of his shorts. It had a head and a tail, but no legs. When he got up, he could feel it move inside his pocket. However, he showed little concern and went about his morning rituals. Why such a casual attitude?

What is the next letter in the following sequence? OTTFFSS_

Have fun! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:52 PM
k, now my haiku about my fav show

Capital Classic
So close to my home, but why
Must it always rain?

JumperEq
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Whats mightier than god
Eviler than evil
Poor people have it
and rich people don't want it?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOOOH, I KNOW IT. Yay genius me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif lol...*insert a smile and nod here* The answer is "nothing". Nothing's mightier than God, nothing's eviler than evil. Poor people have nothing. Rich people don't want nothing (ewww...double negative...sorry to all proper grammar freaks.)

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:53 PM
oh mud, nasty black mud
you dry into sticky brown crud
oh mud, the eater of shoes
you always send me the blues

why wont you just dry up and go away
before i loose so many shoes, i have to pay
oh mud, you freeze to our horse poop
and make sticky brown piles of unpickaple goop.

OnyxThePony
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:55 PM
As "what is the third word that ends in gry", not "what is the third word". Remember tht stupid grade four trick, Mississipi (or insert another long word) is a hrd word to spel.. spell it. Answer: I-T.
Here is an awesome ancient one from none other than Ms Beatrix Potter (riddles from Squirrel Nutkin)

Hickamore, Hackamore on the King's kitchen door,
All the Kings horses and all the Kings men,
Couldn't drive Hickamore Hackamore
Off the Kings kitchen door.

If the ancient wording gets you, take out Hickamore Hackamore and enter a modern word or name. But it won't be any easier /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JumpTheMoon
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:56 PM
K i have two more then I can call it a night.

This is a most unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why? Study it, think about it, and you may find out. Try to do it without coaching. If you work at it for a bit it will dawn on you. So jump to it and try your skill at figuring it out. Good luck - don't blow your cool!

Which is correct to say, 'The yolk of the egg are white' or,'The yolk of the egg is white'?

now for my haiku:

Oh Collingwood
If only all shows
Were as great as thee

OnyxThePony
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:56 PM
Especially when you accidentally found (in with the other horses) a really really dear sweet filly who looooves you but has terrrrible action and is only 15.2 max!!!!!

doubletake
Feb. 24, 2001, 06:57 PM
#1- there are no e's the most common letter
#2- they are yellow, not white, so neither!

SORRY, I CAN'T HELP MYSELF! THIS IS SO ADDICTIVE! (THE RIDDLES, I MEAN)

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:00 PM
doubletake> eep! I have no clue!! Too tough for me!

Here's one from kindergarden though, horse related too /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A cowboy rode into a small town on Sunday. He went into the bar got really drunk and past out for the next 2 days, then rode home on Sunday.

How is this possible?

Hey, told you it was simple /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Here's some more simple ones:

-A roster lays an egg on the peak of the barn's roof, which way does the egg roll?

-Draw 7 stalls on a piece of paper. Now fit 8 horses into those 7 stalls without doubling up.

-Little Johny and his dad were in a car crash, seriously hurt and rushed to a hospital where Johny's father dies instantly. Johny was taken to the operating room where the surgen refused to operate. When asked why, the surgen replied "I can't operate on that little boy, he's my son". Who's the surgen?

(you'd be surpise how many people get that one wrong, quite funny actually /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:04 PM
These are my kind of riddles!!!!!
-Sunday is his horse!
-Roosters don't lay eggs!
-Haha, don't get that one!
-Johny's mom!

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:05 PM
I'm going to toss in a regional horse-related question. Which horse on the circuit do you covet?

I have to confess to wanting, rather desparately Muffie Guthrie's 'paint' Kasjmien. Love the way he moves, love that high knee action at the walk, and his colourings pretty nifty.

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:06 PM
doubletake> wow your good!

BossHoss> yep, I messed the riddle up, but that's excatly how it was e-mails to me! Swear!! Not my fault /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:07 PM
I'll be sure to fill you in... just thought I would go for a peek to see if they are having any bonding moments we should be aware of

JumpTheMoon
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:07 PM
Are we the riddle queens or what?

For your first one, I have no idea. How is that possible? Im dumb /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Roosters can't lay eggs.
Not sure about the third one. How can you fit 7 horses in 8 stalls?
The surgeon is his mom?

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:08 PM
I'll chuck in a horse related question too, does anyone remember Mario Delauries mount named "Ariel"? It was a few years back (read: maybe up to 8), he used her strictly for derbey's and she was a bay SF mare.

*editied, why? Holy spelling mistakes BatMan!

doubletake
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:11 PM
Anyone want to try to answer my riddles? /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Or do you just want the answers...after all, our brains start to wind down at this hour. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:11 PM
They are onto us! Man, those CA folks knocked us pretty bad. Duffy2 even showed up. I personally think they are going to try and make their wake thread bigger than our "Question for Canter Thread"! The horror!!!!

JumpTheMoon
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:15 PM
Don't even get me started on how much I am obsessed with Gettysburg. That horse is so gorgeous, perfect mover, perfect jump, classic looks...ahhh *dreamy look* /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:16 PM
doubletake> I'd love the answers, I've thought and thought but my little pea brain is tired from all the midterms I had to muck throught this week.

Thank God it's reading week and I have no school, except I have no money. Which is why all my friends are enjoying Mardi Gras (sp?) (put on by a bunch of clubs main stream Ottawa) and I'm here, snuggled in and barely awake /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif No complaints though, my tired bones need a rest from my lesson this morning.

Answers to my riddles:

1. Sunday is the name of his horse
2. Roosters don't lay eggs
3. spell out 8 horses i.e "8" in one stall, "h" in the next, "o" in the next ect...ect...
4. it's his mom

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:18 PM
Will Definelty be back tommorow... after all, can't let those CA people win, now can we? YAY! We made our goal!

doubletake
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:24 PM
To put your brain at ease /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
*The crime is suicide
*The daughter would have them trade horses so that they would want to win and have their horse come in second
*It was a coin in his pocket
*OTTFFSSE
They are the first letters of the numbers 1-8
Now you can sleep, y'alls! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:25 PM
ClipClop, your right we did make our goal! But now's it's time to raise that goal to 10 pages (not all tonight of course, though I think I could put a big dent in it if willing /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) Night!

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:33 PM
Oh my, just realized that, despite the thread topic, there's not been a single question for Canter posted. Shall try to remedy the situation.

Dear Canter,

I am writing to you about a friend of mine. She's nice and all (though she does dye her hair once a week and reeks of Miss Clairol) but she keeps insisting that she's a famous Canadian singer. Now, I've heard this girl sing and let me tell you, she ain't no songbird, if you know what I mean. Heck, my lab sings better!

What should I do? Should I lure her to a remote mountain cabin and have her deprogrammed by a roomful of Elvis impersonators (only half of whom have criminal records BTW); or do I have her committed?

Please advise. I am really worried and don't know what to do.

Yours truly,

Celine Dion.

JumpTheMoon
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:33 PM
I've got one for ya.

I am never quite what I appear to be. Straight-forward I seem, but it's only skin deep, for mystery most often lies beneath my simple speech. Sharpen your wits, open your eyes, look beyond my exteriors, read me backwards, forwards, upside down. Think critically and answer the question...what
am I?

THEN you can go to bed. hehe /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

elizabeth
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:36 PM
You hurt me. I am neither slumming nor trying to brown-nose. (Note to Rick: That elizabeth really has a hold on the English language. She correctly used "neither. . . nor.")

You Canadian folk are loaded for bear. (I suppose that phrase is more apropos than I originally intended it would be.) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:42 PM
You sly and cryptic fox you. Lizzie, have not a clue what you're talking about. I wouldn't be the first though, would I? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Bear? What bear? Are you referring to my darling black lab, who BTW, is named Bear, after the grizzlies who roam the periphery of our northern Ontario cabin? Hey, did you notice how well I punctuated the sentence? I do so love my commas. Almost as much as the /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif icon.

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:48 PM
JumpTheMoon> Ak! Now I won't be able to sleep tongiht! Way to go, I have NO clue what so ever. Please tell me!! Please?

oh and here's a pic, why? Because I'm in a picture posting mood and I think this pic looks kind of cool. I know, I'm jumping WAY forward, I went through a phase, but think I'm over that now /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

elizabeth
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:49 PM
Would you preclude my first date with Rick if I pointed out that you really should have had a comma immediately before "BTW"?
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 07:53 PM
Quite probably Lizzie.

Tin, the picture's kinda dark, and the oxer may be small but Tates seems to think he's jumping 4'6.

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:02 PM
Traitor! Don't go telling them to keep posting! J-k of course!!!

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:11 PM
the more commas, and exclaimation points, the better I find!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shoot, sorry the pic turned out so dark. I tried to lighten it up (just now) but it wasn't happening. It's a picture of Taylor, the TB mare we had this summer (recently sold) she was a sweetie pie and I'm kind of missing her right now (don't get attached my butt!) but she has a great home, all that counts /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Here's another picture (once again why? cus I can and you can't stop me nah nah nah nah nah nah!)

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:15 PM
LoL, weren't we supposed to go to bed, say about 2 hours ago, or so we claimed? LoL

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:20 PM
If we try, Im game

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:20 PM
ClipClop> I am sleeping, I type in my sleep ya know /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Well I was going to head off and watch the "mare cam" but my sister has decided to take on that duty for the night. So now I'm catching up on my e-mails and keeping an eye on this board /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ClipClop
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:23 PM
And now we've got a page seven!

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:25 PM
Sleep? Pffflt! Who needs sleep when a war is being waged?!?! BTW, has anyone else noted that we have the ratio-advantage on this thread between the views/replies? The CA'ers wake thread is suffering from a not-even 5% reply-to-view ratio. Would seem to indicate that they're either a really shy bunch or they're all in prison and the power's been shut off for the night.

I suspect, ClipClop, your allegiance to the Canadian cause is such that you feel compelled, driven, perhaps possessed enough, to sit before your PC ALL NIGHT LONG to ensure that we reach 10 pages before sunrise.

Merry
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:28 PM
Ha! We Californians spit on your 7 pages!

(Be forewarned we are all drunk on Margaritas from our thread's ongoing funeral, so we're not responsible for what we say or type).

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SuaveReno
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:33 PM
Hhi from South of the boarder. Do you ever go to any CA shows???? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Merry
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:45 PM
We both must be in need of more refreshments. I hear they're about to put out more bean dip...

elizabeth
Feb. 24, 2001, 08:55 PM
Elizabeth elbows through the crowd, scanning
for the two familiar faces. . . .

Ah, ha. There you are. Come on, Merry. Come on, Suave. You don't belong here. Come on, get in the car.

Sorry to bother, heidi and company. These two imps just got away from me. They won't be bothering you guys any more.

"Will you get a hold of yourselves," elizabeth whispers furiously to Merry and Suave, "You are embarassing me. And, Merry, you are drooling!!"

Tin
Feb. 24, 2001, 10:10 PM
I think ClipClop should be Canadianated for good. ClipClop if you'll do us the honors please take a stand on the 24 of Labatts and accept your honorary orange toque and matching thong. Wear them with prise ClipClop! *wipes tear from eye*

As for you CA'ers, your always welcome here the more you float around the more posts we get, not that we need your help or anything /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif But while your here how bout you put down your margarita's, settle your butts on a milk crate with the rest of us and pull a beer out of the snow drift. The Polar Bear shots are almost mixed and there are some spare orange toques in a pile underneither the husky's, just wipe the hair off and avoid the wet ones /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Man, I just watch Gone in 60 Seconds again, what a movie. I'm in love with "Eleanor" (for those who don't know, Eleanor is a silver '67 Shelby GT with nitro boosters of course) what a sweet car! Horse related because it's a Mustang baby ya!

OnyxThePony
Feb. 24, 2001, 10:30 PM
Nother riddle.. how do you keep a moron in suspense?
Remember THAT little gem? Why is it I only know mean riddles..
I went to a special type of school (hmm don't even start!) where we did alot of those stupid Mensa things. The horse one (which was pretty easy) is alot like the paper one: Welsh Princess is going to get married to one of two suitors. She wants the one but her father the King wants her to marry the other. King suggests that the daughter pick the name of the two suitors out of a hat. The day before she is to pick, she finds out her father has cheated and put the name of the suitor he likes on BOTH pieces of paper. How does she manage to marry the one SHE wants, while keeping the decorum of the family?? (ie, she can't run away, or make a scene, etc). The solution to this is quite easy, but you must remember the location. OK Tin, that will keep you up long enough to post more!

OnyxThePony
Feb. 24, 2001, 10:36 PM
dear sweet grey mare
picked me out from your herd
make my decision hard

So it's not haiku.. what do you call a 4-6-6 poem??

Here think about this:

chestnut filly
with not great legs
why move you so well?

seems to me
your legs are weak
yet float you o'er swell

upright pasterns,
a club foot too
do I dare choose you??

True poem. Please treat as riddle and give me an answer!!

OnyxThePony
Feb. 24, 2001, 10:52 PM
Actually.. I should add.. I don't think she really was club footed. Just an unfortunate viewing circumstance (-20 freezing fingers off, had to go quick and couldn't unpack the snowballs from her feet). Just not what I would normally buy- I am soooo picky.

Feb. 25, 2001, 06:38 AM
and then fall asleep out of exhaustion (mental and physical--I always stress when people come to see horses), and wake up to find almos 5 more pages!!!!

On a HR note, things in my little circus yesterday went very well, and one of the horses (if not 2) may be leaving the premises shortly. Probably the one that isn't mine, but oh well--I'm notorious for being able to sell everyone elses' horses, and my herd continues to grow...

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 07:38 AM
BossHoss> yikes, k lets see....I have a few quesses to that first riddle:

-she puts the suitor she doesn't like on a Welsh pony and sends him on his merry way
-she puts the other suitors name in the running, cheating by covering that piece of paper with a texture or using a heavier paper
-when she pulls out the paper, she reads that it's the suitor she wants and then when someone wants to vsrify the piece of paper, she eats it and runs to her man
-she eats a bunch of junk food, gets really fats so now one wants her. Then she buys a farm with a bunch of very nice horses and had fun with the stable boys /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So tell me, anywhere close? lol!

Now for the second riddle:

hmmm this one is even harder. It's tried to be solved by horsemen/women for thousands of years. Maybe you, BossHoss, are the only one that can solve that one.

Club feet aren't that bad, our TB had one and she was the NICEST mover, had a to die for trot. The trick is to have a great farrier with lots of experience, work with the foot and not against it (meaning don't try to reshape it, just balance it). Our farrier is a gem, he said that out of the GP jumpers he works on 20 out of 35 have atleast one club foot. Food for thought.

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 25, 2001, 08:27 AM
It seems that even mother nature favours the Canadians - it's sunny, and above 50 degrees F today. The snow has melted sufficiently that I can now gaze upon my brown lawn and melted dog patties in the backyard. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 08:41 AM
It's only 0 degrees here, but hey I'm not complaining!! I'll welcome any good weather we can get, the winds been killer the last few days. Snows melting in our backyard slowly and we're discoving things that our puppy (now dog) has dragged out from behind our shed, gnawed on and buried. We must have a cord of wood out there, skidoo parts, a fan belt, a rake (?) and a bunch of sticks ripped off our poor cedar hedges. It's like a little grave yard out there and I'm kind of scared what the melting snow will reveal next, the missing paperboy perhaps?

MissD
Feb. 25, 2001, 09:12 AM
Was that pic taken at Fiddler's Green? I'm an Ottawa gal myself (well, I live in the "new city" but still in the boonies!), so I know most of the shows in the area. Do you show Trillium or A? What is your horse's show name, as I may recognize it.

As for favourite shows, I have a very limited knowledge, but I like the Capital Classic, the RCMP, and Blainville (in Quebec). Trillium Championships ain't bad either.

Should I try some haikus?

Canter, canter, jump
Look up, look past, heels down
Sit up, balance, change

doubletake
Feb. 25, 2001, 09:21 AM
Let's keep this thread going! What do you think of these horse horoscopes? http://www.e-stable.com/horsehoroscopes.asp
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mazzy
Feb. 25, 2001, 09:32 AM
....I have 30 seconds to post in an internet cafe before the train leaves, I can't get into my email after a frustrating 1.5 hour attempt, I am no where near a phone that can get an international line, I have no idea if New York still exists, I have no idea how my ponies are (a fact which is distressing me more than the water which is causing problems that I won't get into) so where else can I go for friends....COTH!!

Hi all from South Africa, I'm still a Canadian and loyal at that, so long live the war and good luck my dear friends. Lead on Heidi fearless leader!! (I will try and send a message next stop if there is such a thing a computer in the desert).

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 25, 2001, 09:35 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif to the California Clique.

How many posts did you get from international jetsetting members whose devotion to your cause was such that they took the time to post in the middle of a desert????!!!!?

I think we should get a credit of 5 pages at least for MAZ's post.

Merry
Feb. 25, 2001, 09:41 AM
Hey, some of our posts came from the past, from psychic "channeling" and from out of nowhere! It is California, you know.

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 25, 2001, 09:46 AM
Merry, I think our MAZ is worth at least 10 of your Shirley Maclaines.

CdnRider
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:09 AM
Thankyou for some lovely entertainment this morning, and some damn nice stallion pictures...

my contribution:

There are 1 blonde and 1 brunetter that want to start up a beef cattle ranch. They have the cows and all they need is a bull. They only have $2000 and they want a good bull. So the blonde stays at the ranch and the brunette goes looking for a good cheap bull as the brunette knows the blonde will get suckered into a bad deal. She finds one a far distance away from their ranch that costs $1999. However she has ONLY $2000 but she decides to spend it on the bull.
She then has to send a telegram to her blonde partner to come get the bull. But the mail guy tells her it costs a dollar per word.
She thinks long and hard and then tells the mail guy to send her the word "Comfortable". The mail guy is really confused how will her partner know what to do.
She tells him well she's a blonde and she doesn't read really quickly so when she reads comfortable, she pronounce it out "come for the bull."

I'm bad at telling jokes hope I got this one right!! I have a riddle and if I can remember it I'll put it down later!

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:12 AM
Hey good to hear from you MAZ! I think that deserves at least 5 pages, what a true Canadian!!

MissD> yep that's at Fiddler's Green. Pretty much we hop around from show to show, sometimes we do schoolings, sometimes trilliums and a few A's, mostly Trilliums though. My horse's name it Tin Can Cody, I mostly show him in the 3' hunters, and my sis sometimes takes him in the adult eq. He's a small bay with no markings and the only horse out there with a really stupid name. Oh and we'll be riding under Kitty Bowland this year.
What about you?
Hey, if you ever see us out and about come talk to me, I won't bite despite what others may say /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Feb. 25, 2001, 10:27 AM
I'm seriously thinking of this one myself--have contract in hand... To breed to a 16.3HH TB mare who has produced exceptional offspring(full TB's and BIG)...

http://www.pintohorse.com/

Any thoughts on the "STUD"???

OnyxThePony
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:33 AM
Tin you are so close with answer number three. Where she eats it. Want to think more, or...
The answer, which I will reveal as it is sooo stupid, not like the horse one which was clever, is this:
On the day of the draw, all the Welsh villagers are gathered in the square to see who the princess will draw. She knows both names in the hat are for the suitor she doesn't want. On top of the high parapet, she stands, and dips her hand into the hat. Drawing out the piece of paper, she affects to accidentally 'drop' it. What with it being Wales, and they are outside on a high castle on a high mountain, the piece of paper flutters away on the wind. the only thing to do is look in the hat and see which paper is left- it is of course marked with the bad suitor's name- meaning, that name she picked, *must* have been the one she wanted!! Of course the King can't protest, or go looking for the dropped paper, because then it will be found out he 'cheated'. And off ride Ms Princess and the guy on two beautiful Welsh ponies and raised tons of little Welsh ponies between them, and grew fat and happy and still wanted each other every day!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

OnyxThePony
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:44 AM
Tin- thanks for the ancedotes on the club foot. I've reviewed the pics and have been changing my mind. Now I'm thinking her conformation is actually really good for what she is.. shorter pasterns, more upright, but then I want that with a baby-going-to-be-huge WB, not my typical light long slopey pasterned TBs. And she is just a yearling (i-yi-ie! she's going to be BIG).
She is a Holsteiner/ Anglo-Trakenher. With what I would consider gross breeding, but hey, you have what you have in front of you.
I also looked at that lovely grey mare, but her leg was shaking. Wether because she was cold, or standing on a funny slope, it didn't really matter, I still took it as a bad sign! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Anyone have any experience with shaking legs?? What was it??
We weren't planning on buying a horse this year, what with the accident and all, but if they go for these rediculously low prices, we just might anyway.
I took some pics which I will develop today.

elizabeth
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:50 AM
My ignorance is overwhelming. How can a dutch warmblood also be a pinto?

I've never see a spotted dutch warmblood. . . .

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:55 AM
Lizzie, the horse that I covet, Kasjmien, is a paint DWB. In appreciation of all of my tireless efforts to give you a boost on your trek down that matrimonial road, perhaps you'd like to buy it for me.

CdnRider
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:56 AM
Hey Tin, remember me....used to go as Sam or CanSam.....ring any bells? I was on your icq list long long ago, you helped with that cushings horse I had.

Sounds like your boy is doing great....is that preggers mare that Warmblood of your sisters?

elizabeth
Feb. 25, 2001, 11:05 AM
I'll talk it over with Rick. In California, which is a community property state, one spouse cannot spend community funds on something big without the consent of the other.

Given that Rick and I will likely marry, I'll need to consult him on the purchase. Of course, if it were up to me, I would buy you your horse. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

As we get closer to the bar, my posts will be exclusively bar related.

Everythingbutwings
Feb. 25, 2001, 11:17 AM
Recording a new album and attending a post wedding party /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Just to throw you off the scent - we from VA know what you tricky Canadians are up to! We saw the entries in the Rogues Road Hurdle! Really - to go so far as to use our trainers for your plots!

Suicide! @#*(%(((##! I finally got one and it was a page and a half still to get to the end of this. More power to you guys, it will keep you busy /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 25, 2001, 11:26 AM
Wingsy, it's like this. What is the tried and true way to bribe a trainer? It's poutine. Unfortunately for you, you did not prepare any for your Casanova menu; thus, the Canadians won.

Maybe worth the drive to Toronto just to weasel out of Canter her famed recipe for french fries, gravy and cheese curds. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MissD
Feb. 25, 2001, 11:31 AM
Tin-- I think the name is ringing a bell somewhere in the back of my swollen brain, but I don't know for sure. I have however heard of Kitty Bowland. Isn't she a jumper judge on the Trillium circuit? I could be wrong though. Anyways, as for myself, I'll be doing a few schooling shows this season, and if I can afford it I hope to do one or two Trilliums. I groom at all of the Trillium shows and a few As for Turnout Stables. I ride there with Deb Williams. If I see you around, I'll be sure to say hi.

I wish I knew some riddles to keep you all busy...

Everythingbutwings
Feb. 25, 2001, 11:32 AM
We do a very nice eggs benedict using Canadian products.

Hey, I know what duex oefs means (that and cold beer were the only things my dad recognized in Quebec)

Molsons is good but not as good with cookies as Moet Chandon. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 11:41 AM
I feel so honored!! I am now an honorary member of the Canadian clique! I will wear my thong and toque with pride! So how is everyone? A nice sunny day for us Northerners... and is that grass I see? Who changed our 5 star rating?

Feb. 25, 2001, 11:42 AM
With an extremely spicey Bloody Merry... I've been told that I make a great one...(bartended for 15yrs).

Elizabeth, I'll have to find the link, but there are actually pinto TB's as well. Kaliedoscope is 1/2 Dutch, and son of Art Deco (full DWB and homozygous) in case you didn't read any further than the cover-page... There are alot of Art Deco's out there doing extremely well... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 12:11 PM
Our Stamina isn't running out, right guys? Come on, I was hoping to make ten pages before dark!!!

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 12:28 PM
CndRider> SAMMY BABY!! How are you? Wow, havent' seen you for a long time and thought you disapeared into cyber space! What's new? How's life? Hope all is well /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Yep, the preggers mare is my sister's WB, you have a good memory!!

MissD> I've heard of Turnout Stables, actually I used to ride with someone from there a few years ago, she rode Smudge when she was there (won't post her name here though). Yep, Kitty is a judge, you name it she judges it. Mostly trillium jumper/hunter in this area but travels to Toronto and Quebec frequently. What horse/pony do your ride out of Turnout? Or do you own your own? Maybe I'll reconize the name.

Have to go teach but will come back later and post some pics we took today of our new farm /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

MissD
Feb. 25, 2001, 12:29 PM
While we're on the topic of stallions, does anyone know where I can find pictures and/or info on Nias? I don't even know what breed he is, but he sired my friend's horse.

MissD
Feb. 25, 2001, 12:36 PM
Tin, you're here at the smae time I am! Wow! I know who you're talking about. Are her initials AW? I doubt you'll recognize the name of the horse I ride (unfortunately don't own my own horse), since she has only been to one Trillium show recently. Anyways, her name is Golden Friendship, or Abby. You've probably heard of a lot of other horses and ponies from my barn though, like Shy Joy, Look Beyond, Captain Hook (sadly sold), Paint By Numbers, Tiny Tyke, Mikey, Mr. Bojangles, etc...

CdnRider
Feb. 25, 2001, 12:47 PM
Tin> I'm doing pretty good, I don't know if you'll remember but I was in Ontario for 4 months last year about this time working for a h/j barn. Quite the experience.
I came home in May and started working for my trainer in June. Started riding one of her in training horses and in September I went back to school and started getting paid to ride that horse. woohoo!! I'll try and post a pic here of him. His name is Nikko and is a 5 y/o black Canadian/Standardbred X. He's pretty nice and I'm showing him this year (hopefully event). Also started showing/riding an Arab he'll probably be a good dressage horse and possibly hunter. We'll see.
Other than that all is good, except I'm going a bit arena sour, I can't wait to hack!!

MissD
Feb. 25, 2001, 12:57 PM
WooHoo, 9 pages! We're almost at our weekend goal of 10 pages. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Must find something to liven up the topic a bit. What's your favourite Canadian beer? And how much, on average, do you consume per month? I, being too young to legally partake of beer, would NEVER EVER touch the stuff. Can't wait til I'm 18 and can go over to the Casino in Hull though... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 01:02 PM
I think it's about time we got some food in here, after all, the CA's have a caterer! Anyone volunteer???

OnyxThePony
Feb. 25, 2001, 01:10 PM
SAM- it's me...now what wassss my name back then? WackyRider? Remember, or did you leave, when the E-Search board went down twice a day and I had to choose a new name every four hourse? ANYways, it's me, Lisa, in Calgary.
Splash the pony is sold, I have a new one who is still for sale, Janie is sold, um..who else..everybody else is pretty much sold.. I got into a horrendous car accident coming home from Edmonton-> Calgary in Nov.. got hit by a truck.. some people say they saw it on the news.. we were in a black GMC 1/2 ton that people said they saw but couldn't recognize as a truck.. we were very lucky and walked away, but I sold everything b/c I couldn't ride.... but now I'm back on a horse and have to relearn everything... looking at some WBs right now, although we said we wouldn't buy anything this year..all the news I can think of...

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 25, 2001, 01:22 PM
OMG, you're right. Every clique has a caterer but us. And I don't think Timmy Horton's qualifies. We're going to have to run a contest...

1. Who's ever cooked one of the following:
-whale blubber
-elk/moose/anything with antlers

2. Who can start a fire using only frozen horse poo and butane?

3. When serving Kraft macaroni and cheese, how much ketchup should one add?

4. Which of the many delightful Canadian beers is best for beer stew?

5. President's Choice Fireside Pie or Tourtiere - which is better?

And our own version of Iron Chef, what would you do with the following ingredients:

-ground pork
-canned salmon
-bottle of HP sauce
-an onion
-can of Blue
-ground coffee beans from Timmy's
-maple walnut cruller
-two strips of back bacon
-cup of rice vinegar
-two pieces of raw sea urchin

CdnRider
Feb. 25, 2001, 01:34 PM
Hey WR!! That is awful about the car accident, so glad your doing ok. Wasn't your back kind of bad before??

Its really good to see you again!! What are you selling??

Looking for a wb eh? Going to do h/j with it?? If you're interested we have a super nice big tb here. 16.3, jumps beautifully.

Now that I'm sitting here thinking, weren't you going to go to Texas or somewhere south? Hmmm, I don't quite remember.

Anyways my lunch has arrived *pats bf on the head* hehe ( :
Talk to you soon!!

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 01:43 PM
-I've cooked deer and elk! Pheasent to!
- This ones harder... I've never tried! Have you? LoL!!
-One word- YUM! I love kethcup!
- Hehe, how 'bout ALL of them!!!!
-Now, the ground pork can be cooked add added with the onion, and the hp sauce. We can feed the sea urchin to our huskies and sip our coffee while huddled in front of the campfire. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by ClipClop on Feb. 25, 2001 at 04:50 PM.]

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 01:46 PM
How 'bout I hire some male strippers for us all to make up for it?

Feb. 25, 2001, 01:53 PM
1. Who's ever cooked one of the following: -whale blubber---Does shark count? -elk/moose/anything with antlers----Yes--hubby hunts deer.
2. Who can start a fire using only frozen horse poo and butane? Don't need the butane--give my Rottie some chili...
3. When serving Kraft macaroni and cheese, how much ketchup should one add? As much as small child desires--she likes it on scrambled eggs too...
4. Which of the many delightful Canadian beers is best for beer stew? Definately Labatt's
5. President's Choice Fireside Pie or Tourtiere - which is better? I like the PB+J cookies.
And our own version of Iron Chef, what would you do with the following ingredients:

-ground pork--put it in the chili
-canned salmon--add egg/garlic/parsley/bread crumbs, and a few other spices, and make "cakes" (fried in pan using lots of butter.
-bottle of HP sauce--give it to the dog to add to his octane level.
-an onion-chop it finely, and add 1/2 to the salmon cakes, and the other 1/2 to the chili.
-can of Blue--Drink it silly!!!!!!!!
-ground coffee beans from Timmy's---feed them to the dog as well, for even higher octane!!!!!
-maple walnut cruller--dog won't eat that, so I'll give it to the beast-child to keep her off my back while cooking...
-two strips of back bacon--use it to wrap the leftover coffee beans in, and stick in pot of boiling water until the coffee is of the proper consistancy/color.
-cup of rice vinegar--I usually take cucumber, and carrot--slice thin, and marinade--delightful salad.
-two pieces of raw sea urchin ---definately give it to the dog--Have you ever tried that stuff????? I LOVE sushi, but THAT'S disgusting, besides, it's poisonous if not properly prepared--don't want that on my conscience!!!!!

Lord Helpus
Feb. 25, 2001, 02:17 PM
I know I don't get a real vote, but I want to see Jamie Lynn's Rottie get a fire started. (Notice I said "see" not "smell".....)

So, one unofficial vote for JL as caterer... (Jamie Lynn, it is a thankless job, just ask Melissa Cardinas how many people appreciate her ...)

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 02:25 PM
JL's going to smell up the whole BB! Dive for cover!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 02:27 PM
Now our Canadian clique will be known for making a certain pungent odor arise from this thread... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

[This message was edited by ClipClop on Feb. 25, 2001 at 05:35 PM.]

Feb. 25, 2001, 02:37 PM
I cook on the weekends to relax and get over the thanklessness (SP?) of all of the little brats that I teach during the week. I really like the ridin/training part of my job much better, the horses don't talk back(much), and they know who feeds them.

Baby quiche anyone???

Can't cook in an orange toque however, it mught make me sweat, and I don't usually add salt-it's not healthy...

We can hook the dog up to a hose, then light the end, and all toxic fumes will be eliminated...

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 02:57 PM
MissD> Yep that would be her! Great rider and great person in my opinion /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'll have to keep an eye out for you horse at the shows this year, I'm sure she's beautiful!

Oh and my fav. Canadian beer, is Blue though I must admit I'm a Bud girl at heart and you don't want to know how much I consume in a month /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sam> Yep, course I remeber you came to Ontario, to work with Lark right? Or did you come down again? The horse your riding right now is very pretty, reminds me of Bean (must be the STB). Glad you ridings going well and your keeping busy (on that aspect anyways). And I'm soo glad you popped in on these posts, it's so great to talk to you again, we had a lot of fun back in the icq days /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

To everyone else, I think I'll stick to plain ol' poutine for my meals thanks, nothing that'll take 3 washes and a bucket of FeeBreeze to get the stench out of my clothes. I can make kick a$$ cheese crepes though anyone interested? Can put back bacon on the side /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Feb. 25, 2001, 03:11 PM
can we throw some seafood in, and offer KJ as well as the Blue??? Asparagus on the side, and poutine for a main course--for those who don't want the poutine, we could make smashed potatoes from the other stuff...

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 03:16 PM
To contribute to the potluck- I have decided to bring my world famous no bake-oatmeal, chocolate cookies. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Oh yeah, and heres some bean dip!

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 03:22 PM
Okay, so with JL's rottie's fire, and the bean dip I just brought... I think were going to get kicked off the BB!

Everythingbutwings
Feb. 25, 2001, 03:24 PM
All of those shrimp and crab mini-quiches unwanted in my freezer, the extra chocolate chunk cookies that just don't go well with beer.

Perhaps if I outfit the RV with knitting needles and orange wool to replace the Keeneland sale catalogs and fly fishing poles where the lunge lines and head bumpers are stored ........

(Carefully edited to remove Whips from the text - replaced with "lines" so as to not fuel this fire)

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 03:46 PM
Everythingbutwings> comprimise, chuck the seafood into the crepes and chocolate chunk cookies certainly DO go with beer. Everything goes with beer silly /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

O.k, here are some pics wether you want them or not. We brought the digital camera to our farm and snapped away and since I have the time I made a collage, enjoy!!

Picture:
1. some of our back fields looking from the porch
2.what the stalls look like in barn #1
3.what it all looks like from the road (except the fields). First building is hay loft/tractor storage, you can see barn #2 on the right and the peak of barn #1 behind the first building
4.our old farm house (house #1)
5. shows where the hot tub *fingers crossed* will go, right where the circular table is (picture a nice winter day sitting in the hot tub watching the horses run)
6. Tin sticking out his tongue ( at bording stable)
7. barn cat! we have a barn cat!!

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 03:53 PM
Beautiful pics Tin! Can't wait till I can see the grass!!!!

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 03:57 PM
Tin> Did you by anychance use to post on the E-Search BB under the name TinCan? Or something of that sort??

ClipClop
Feb. 25, 2001, 04:39 PM
**dances around in orange thong and toque!**

10 pages!! In your face CA clique! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

elizabeth
Feb. 25, 2001, 04:43 PM
ClipClop, will you single-handedly be bringing the thread to page 11? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Palisades
Feb. 25, 2001, 04:50 PM
I go away for one day (*ONE DAY*) and look what I find!!! I just spent an hour reading through all this. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Don't you just love the great frozen north? You can tell that everyone had freezing rain and was trapped at home last night.

My riddle contributions (a couple pages late, but that's okay):

30 white horses on a red hill. First they champ, then they stamp, then they stand still.

Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking.

This thing all things devours, birds, beasts, trees, flowers; Gnaws iron, bites steal, grinds hard stones to meal; Slays king, ruins town, and beats high mountains down.

These are fairly tough (at least to my feeble mind)... have fun guys!!!

Palisades
Feb. 25, 2001, 04:55 PM
Okay, Heidi, I'm begging for help now...this goes for everyone!

A little while ago, I asked TH to do some Canadian coverage, and Ken asked me to write it. Now I'm having trouble getting started. How to describe our unique little horse world? Can any American really understand Collingwood, the poutine booth at shows, or Henderhell?

So this is an all out plea for any insights, ideas, thoughts, comments, criticisms, opinions, or otherwise interesting tidbits. What the h*** should I write about?!?!?!

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 05:08 PM
ClipClop> Thanks, I can't wait to see grass either! lol! And yep I used to post on the E-board as TinCan, but got sick of the crashes /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Fred
Feb. 25, 2001, 05:13 PM
LOL ok I live only about 1/2hr away but that's the first time I've heard that!

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 25, 2001, 05:15 PM
I don't think there are enough distinctions between the Canadian/American show scenes. A show is a show is a show. The only distinction that jumps out at me is that we don't have A/O jumper classes - but that in and of itself does not an article make.

Look at the Canadian community economically and explore the fact that there are many American clients who venture up practically each and every weekend to look at horses. I'd start by calling a group of 20 pros, ask them what % of their business is U.S. export, whether they've ever sold a horse (that they didn't want to) because the American currency offer was too great; and what horses they've sold onto the U.S. that have done phenomenally well. My list of pros would start with Wayne, Kim Curtin, Mac Cone, Beth, Eric, Jay, Doug Henry (though he's not technically a pro), Torchy, Ian, John Pearce, Jill Henselwood. This inquiry would beg the larger question, of course, of whether we're selling our best to the U.S. on the basis of the mighty American $$.

Alternatively, you may want to do a profile of a Canadian pro who's risen through the ranks -- without money and heavy sponsorship.

Hope the above helps. When you coming to babysit?

Fred
Feb. 25, 2001, 05:16 PM
is a Thoroughbred. Last I heard, he was in the Ottawa area with Ellard Bandy.

and how the *&^%$ do you do those grinny smilie faces. When I try, I keep getting the word"undefined". which does not have the same effect. watchundefined

Canter
Feb. 25, 2001, 05:34 PM
Heidi, you are the queen of hilarity!!! You rock!
Question for Canter indeed. LOL!

Palisades, along with Heidi's idea comes:
No pony jumpers here.
How come our nicest horses like Forever Scarlett, Sylvia etc. would only be average at a US show.

I can't believe you guys got it to 10 pages!!

Question for Heidi - how many weeks until our first outdoor horse show?? February is really starting to bug me.

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 05:36 PM
Yep Nias a TB and is with Ellard Bandy (Maple Ridge Farm, I think), Broadway Harry and Gambit Z (owned by Elmcroft) stand there. Last I heard Ellard was going to be moving to the states (new Jersey?), so I don't know what he'll do with the stallions if that rumour is true.

Fred> to use the smiley faces just click on the instant smiles an inch below the Post Now button or just draw them yourself

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif = : ) (take away space between)
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif = : (
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif = : D
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif = ; )
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif = : p

Canter
Feb. 25, 2001, 05:40 PM
Heidi my girl, I had no idea you harboured a little green monster! Muffy is cleaning up (well, doing rather well) at West Palm with Kas.

Must now go back and finish reading pages 7 through 10 LOL

Feb. 25, 2001, 05:41 PM
In your search for people to speak with, try contacting some NY trainers---shoot, all the ones from Buffalo are in Florida... I used to go to Canada for the Bolton shows, and a few others, and as I vividly recall, I remember the colors of the ribbons being different during my first experience there. I came out of the ring crying (I was 7) that they'd given me the wrong ribbon (it was red) and I was soooooo confused... I'm scarred for life!!!!

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 05:45 PM
OMG! Canter speaks /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif So how do you like your "shrine"? lol!

How much do I hate cleaining tack let me count the ways...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10...um... what comes after 10? .... darn I've run out of fingers ....

Canter
Feb. 25, 2001, 05:51 PM
Tin - you deserve a medal. In return I'll clean all of your tack. Which do you prefer I use, glycerin soap or Murphy's? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BTW - I've been away. Had to see a man about a horse.

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 06:00 PM
Canter I love ya baby!! And since your so nice in offering to clean my tack I'll let you choose /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It'll all be fed-exed to you tomorrow, so if you see oh about 3 fed ex trucks outside your door you'll know who to thank /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

What horse? give us details DETAILS! unless you mean "had to go see a man about a horse" in the way my grandpa uses that phrase, in that case please no details /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

MissD
Feb. 25, 2001, 06:42 PM
What?!? It's been half an hour and nobody has posted anything, so I decided to do it myself. That's a big deal for a lazy 16 year old like myself. The beer topic didn't work out too well, so I'm starting another little something to talk about. What are your favourite song lyrics? Who is your fave band/singer? Do any songs/lyrics describe you or your horsie? Will this topic occupy you for the next page or so or will I have to come up with something else equally lame?

Hmmm, I'm thinking I'll answer my own questions.

Favourite lyrics of the moment:
"If loving you makes a slave of me then I'll spend my whole life in chains" from Lose Your Way by Sophie B. Hawkins.

Favourite band: Our Lady Peace! They're Canadian, and they know how to make music. Maybe we should send them a shipment of thongs to wear on tour...

Now to describe my horse (okay, she's not mine, but you get the idea...): You'd have to listen to the whole song, but it's "Beautiful Like Me" by Joydrop. The chorus goes "I'm not beautiful like you, I'm beautiful like me." It totally describes Abby because she's amazing but not in the way you'd think or expect a horse to be. I know this is kinda confusing, but it does make sense to me! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Talk to all you Canadian gals (where are all the guys?) later...much later, as I actually have to go to school tomorrow. Ugh.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif MissD /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 07:05 PM
well our sweetie pie mare just tried to attack our barn manager while being fed and then lunged and squeeled at a familar family walking by her stall. Maybe tonight will be the night she finally foals, or she's just fed up.... hopefully it's the first one /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Well mare cam will be on all night just in case /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 25, 2001, 07:06 PM
Leave it to an American defector to the Canadian clique to put life into perspective for us all. The very proud ClipClop wrote:

**dances around in orange thong and toque!**

10 pages!! In your face CA clique!

ClipClop, you see, realizes that LIFE is truly about the accessories (though darling orange thongs are so last year, we're now onto turqoise) and revenge. I'd once again point out that we reached our ten-page milestone in record time and our view-to-post ratio remains at 10%.

Canter, darling, how nice of you to join us. How're the post-op scars? Do you get the ouchies when you lift your arms above your head? Warm compresses dear.

Tin, lovely farm. Perhaps we need to take a field trip out Ottawa-way. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kryswyn
Feb. 25, 2001, 07:16 PM
Palisades wrote
30 white horses on a red hill. First they champ, then they stamp, then they stand still.

Your teeth?

Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking.

A river?

This thing all things devours, birds, beasts, trees, flowers; Gnaws iron, bites steal, grinds hard stones to meal; Slays king, ruins town, and beats high mountains down.

Time

Aren't these from Tolkien's The Hobbit where Bilbo plays the Riddle Game with Gollum?<Kryswyn's closes eyes and rocks to and fro trying to recall where her copy of same is buried in a box>

Feb. 25, 2001, 07:21 PM
complexxion!!!!! My lovely beast child has one of those faces that matches EVERYTHING!!!!!! (sucking up to future MOL)

Palisades
Feb. 25, 2001, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Keep 'em coming...

As for the riddles, I will confess that they are from The Hobbit (using it as part of an independant study right now). Teeth was right, as was time, but you missed the second one. Any other takers? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Or can I claim the title of (plagarizing) riddle queen?

What is everyone's first show this year? I believe mine will be at Hendervale on April 7th, if we manage to get our act together by then. Oh, and Fred, the Henderhell thing was started over on EMG, we've had some good conversations on that topic. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

OnyxThePony
Feb. 25, 2001, 07:40 PM
Tin- where am I in the baby poll? Did I win my baby yet??
I thought the 30 white horses.. were on a blue or black hill.. and they were the foam of the waves?
I like the cat one: Always chased, Never caught: a sunbeam /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Sam I emailed you.
Tin new property is gorgeous, congrats!

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 07:49 PM
I love The Hobbit, will have to skip through it tonight to find the answer to the second riddle /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

O.k guys-

PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

-where: my farm
-when: when it gets warmer
-why: cause!!
-who: EVERYONE!

BYOB, BYOOT, BYOTT & BYOT

*BYOB- well y'all should know that one /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
*BYOOT- bring your own orange toque
*BYOTT- bring your own turquois thong (orange acceptable)
*BYOT- bring your own tent, I ain't trying to squeeze y'all into my room. Just won't work /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Feb. 25, 2001, 07:51 PM
be March 24-26?I think--in Ithaca, NY. Cornell polo arena don't ya know...

(sorry folks, it's only "B" rated, but I need to get the youngsters out before the big "A"'s start up here in "almost Canada-land")

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 07:56 PM
Sorry BossHoss, you were out of the running on the 17th. Your colour/sex/markings guess still stands unless you want to change it /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Here's who's left in the poll for dates:

Flash- March, 2nd; bay filly with star, 1 sock and little bit of white on the other

fernie fox- March 9th; bay colt with star, stripe and 4 white socks

TeriKessler- April 1st and a zebra

tecumsea- last week feb./first week march; bay colt with star, 3 white socks

Chanda- March 11th (Chanda's b-day); bay with one white hind, one front and star

Kryswyn
Feb. 25, 2001, 08:05 PM
Palisades 2nd riddle was:

the answer is A FISH!!!!

YESSSSS

Feb. 25, 2001, 09:17 PM
but my Rottie is ready to fire up the grill... Who has the pan of Filets?????

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 09:19 PM
well it's about 15 mins after 12 and I'm still working on my tack. Seriously. I've been sitting cross legged on my floor for the last 3 hours and now my knees are KILLING me! Serves me right for letting my tack get this dirty, though I must say it's looking pretty good right now. I'm almost done maybe another hour or so but now I don't want to ride in it! Maybe I'll ride them both bareback with just a halter, easier to clean /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 09:21 PM
no filets here only fish sticks.. will they do? We can add some special sauce, like ketchup, and make them really fancy, gormet fancy!!

Feb. 25, 2001, 09:25 PM
SLAVES to do your tack???LOL

Feb. 25, 2001, 09:28 PM
my own tartar sauce (w/dill) put them on a bun with cheese, and nuke them?????

Beast child likes ketchup far more than I do.

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 09:28 PM
*sigh* nope, most the slaves run away from me screaming when they see me come with my tack, the rest were abducted by aliens I do believe. Darn aliens /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 09:32 PM
hmmm You go right ahead! Sounds good! I'll take any left overs you want to toss over /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
I'm cookin a midnight breakfast right now, hash browns and eggs *nummy* want some hashbrowns with your fish stick/tartar sauce on a bun sandwich? They're plently to go around /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Feb. 25, 2001, 09:54 PM
of ketchup!

Just finished last years' books, and now am allowed "playtime"--goin to get another glass of wine---sorry beered out!!!

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:10 PM
Are you kidding? Ketchup is like Kraft Dinner, there's alway plenty of it!

Congrats on finishing last years books.... I'm still working on my tack. Frequent breaks make it take alot longer /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Feb. 25, 2001, 10:17 PM
mac-n-sneeze tonight!!!!!LOL

No ketchup-daddy made it.

Feb. 25, 2001, 10:22 PM
gotta get to page 12...............

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:46 PM
*throws hands up in the air and dances around FINALLY cleaned tack*

Feb. 25, 2001, 10:50 PM
have a pig-roast...

I used to live way up in the Adirondacks and that's what they did there as far as havin a really big party.

Most of the people attending didn't have all of their teeth, and brought jugs of wine with screw-tops, and probably didn't use deodorant enough--but they were really nice people...

Who's bringing the keg of "Blue"?

Which "pig" will we roast?

Whose bringing the "horse-dourves"?

We have power for the grill, who has a spatula to work that (for those non-pork eaters?)

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:54 PM
Here's a question for everyone:

Besides your horse, what is your most prized "horsie" possesion. Can be money related or sentimental, up to you.

My most prized possesion is my bracelet (sp?) with Tin's name on it. The only time I ever take it off is to have a shower, I even wore it with my prom dress /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The one I had for my last horse was very well used, I wore it until it broke (about a year after I sold him) and it's now stored in a keep sake box is the rest of his momentums. I guess it lets me have my horses with me no matter at the barn or in school, a little reminder everytime I look down at my wrist.

There did that make page 12?

Tin
Feb. 25, 2001, 10:56 PM
I'll bring the keg!!!! and extra deoderant for anyone who needs it, just in case /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Feb. 25, 2001, 11:01 PM
and THEN go to bed!!!

My most prized horse-related posession, is the sign I had made for my former farm. I had a picture of Mandy on it, and had to scrimp and save for months to have a "real" signmaker do it and do it right--gave the sign to hubby for our first anniversary.

Now that we've moved, and Mandy is gone, the sign will be placed over Mandy's grave---once the ground thaws...

Merry
Feb. 25, 2001, 11:07 PM
Hey, you guys got any crabcakes? We're running low on appetizers over on the other thread. You know, everyone shows up for a wake if there's food. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Feb. 25, 2001, 11:11 PM
stealing my teary moment and offering food!!!!! Guess I better get back to the kitchen, and start making the Bloody Merry mix for tomorrow's brunch...

Feb. 25, 2001, 11:26 PM
nothing went wrong, I was adopted by the CC back at Thanksgiving during their coupe. Actually, I was taken hostage, and the the gracious Heidi released me once she realized that my lovely beast-child was a perfect match for sumo-boy. Besides, I beat Canter in a Zamboni race--or was it who could chug a Labatt's fastest??? I'm WAY past bedtime, but you guys have the time differential on your side.LOL

Canter
Feb. 26, 2001, 05:55 AM
Jamie Lynn no way should you be driving a zamboni under the influence. It's going to take a couple of days to repair the icemaking machine!! Just remember, winning isn't everything - I won the beer chugging contest or were you hugging the porcelain throne when the winner was announced?
Are you still in bed nursing your hangover? You guys party waaaay too late.
Nice of Merry to remind us all about food. Wonder what they're serving for breakfast?

My favourite horse-related possession is my very first show jacket...favourite, not really, but I marvel at the fact that I was once sooo tiny.

Think we could start a whatever happened to?
Someone mentioned Gail Greenough. What's she doing now?

I hear Heidi runs a dominatrix service for male grand prix riders. True or false?

[This message was edited by Canter on Feb. 26, 2001 at 09:20 AM.]

Feb. 26, 2001, 06:46 AM
just get insomnia sometimes, and I had to make this post to page 12!!! I was taking beast to school, and cooking at the same time!!! If you remember correctly, part of my "initiation" to the Canadian Clique, was to drive a Zamboni while drinking a case of Labatt's in a matching set of orange toque/thong, while singing "Oh Canada". I SWEAR you were there, and trying to drag-race me in your Super-Turbo Zamboni!!!

ETBW gave me the idea (joining us?), about Eggs Benedict, but I'm gonna up it one. Ever heard of "Breakfast at Brennon's"? (a form of eggs bene)

For those who don't like that, I have prepared scrambled eggs with ketchup, and cooked that back-bacon...

Bloody Merry or Mimosa anyone? Hmmmm, what do you call Blue mixed with orange/tomato(e) juice???

Jumphigh83
Feb. 26, 2001, 06:51 AM
I believe it is called...DISGUSTING!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JumperEq
Feb. 26, 2001, 07:07 AM
Okay everyone...just a random post to help y'all out. What time is it?? I'm wasting time in english class but all the clocks are off cuz the power went out last night. It needs to be 10:30 so I can leave for lunch (yes, my school is scary like that....early early early). So, since some of you are in the eastern time zone, how much longer do I have to suffer?

Erin

Feb. 26, 2001, 07:20 AM
Come on over for brunch!!!!!

Tin
Feb. 26, 2001, 07:38 AM
Oh count me in for brunch! It's got to be better than this dry NutriGrain bar I'm snacking on, want me to bring anything? Croissants? Fresh squeezed OJ? Left over pizza? What's remians from the keg?

Well my tack is beautiful and sparkly in the morning sun and I'm quite proud of myself that I didn't ditch it half way through like I'm prone on doing.
My bit was so shinny in the sun that I had to sheild my eyes and grab some sunglasses to be able to move it /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mare didn't have her baby last night, so I guess she was just being b!tchy mare when she was attacking everyone. Yay, fun.

I'M ON SCHOOL BREAK! I'M ON SCHOOL BREAK! I'M ON SCHOOL BREAK! I'M ON SCHOOL BREAK! I'M ON SCHOOL BREAK! I'M ON SCHOOL BREAK! I'M ON SCHOOL BREAK!

I get to veg, ride, pack and get started on 2 mid-term projects and sudy for only one mid-term exam! YAY!

Feb. 26, 2001, 07:48 AM
Tin---ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS dunk your bit, and wipe the bridle after each ride and it won't be such a production!!!!!!

I'm currently using the leftover ground pork, and making meatballs to add to my home-made sauce, but I had to go out to the chicken-coop to get an egg--Heidi forgot to supply those... Angel hair pasta anyone???

salsalito
Feb. 26, 2001, 07:55 AM
ok, so i live in NC...but I am a Candaian...just moved down here 2 years ago...so I feel obligated to add to the thread...although I have not much to say!

~*~antonia~*~

Feb. 26, 2001, 07:55 AM
Just had people knock on th door frantically to tell me (I thought I had a loose horse)that I had a "stuck" horse.

Stupid thing had gotten his turnout caught on a branch of a big Maple tree overhanging his paddock, and had pulled it up over his hed, and given himself a wedgie!!!!!!! Why/how he did that is a mystery to me. That tree has been here forever!!!!!!

I need to breathe now...

Tin
Feb. 26, 2001, 08:00 AM
Jaime Lynn> but that would be effort wouldn't it? Maybe I'll make up some homemade tack wipes today and see if that motivates me to wipe off my tack

Stuck horse? Hope he's o.k and has recovered from his atomic wedgie /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif We had a stuck horse once but it wa as 13.3h pony who had been walking through the snow, forgot the ditch was there and sunk into snow up past her chest. We had to dig the tubby out, I was kind of funny.

OnyxThePony
Feb. 26, 2001, 09:02 AM
Favorite horsie possesion: I also would have said my Moody bracelet, especially now that Moody has died. Given to me by a penpal when he was alive.
special for both their memories! And what a great gift, something I'd never have bought for myself.
Bits- ALWAYS dip them..ewww..how would you like to be the horse iwth tht slimy disgusting thing in your mouth, not to mention the discomfort due to all the little sharp edges on the crud.
Do you all realize it wasn't the CaC that had the longest thread- it was actually NHR.. about the presidential election? Wasn't it like 350 pages???

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 26, 2001, 09:35 AM
Poor deluded Canter disclosed:

"I hear Heidi runs a dominatrix service for male grand prix riders. True or false?"

Canter, did your husband come home with a tell-tale bruise last night? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Tin
Feb. 26, 2001, 10:00 AM
BossHoss> well I must admit that I don't dip my bit *shame shame* but I do wipe it off on his cooler, or with my mit as soon as it comes out of his mouth, so no sharp crud just residue *blah*

I just started a new web site and am trying to do it through Xoasis and have a question, how the heck do I say that word?

Feb. 26, 2001, 10:01 AM
about my hangover!!! Heidi--talk to my hubby, and get him off my back!!!!!!

Beast-child apparently threw her sneaker (from the time-out chair) and knocked the teacher unconscious(JK-but it was aimed that way). She's in her room, and I'm in the process of removing everything that she cherrishes from the house, and told her I was making a bonfire---Is this cruel???

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 26, 2001, 10:10 AM
Oh my goodness, I'm going to have to buy Sumo toddler a coat of armour. Mean, you ask? Remember dear girl, whatever you can dish up, she'll dish up more. Sumo's become a master manipulator and when I get angry, he beseeches, "mommy, don't be mad; you're making me sad. I'm going to cry." /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW all, I'm still planning to post items for sale for the virtual garage sale/charity drive. Just gotta get myself organized this week.

OnyxThePony
Feb. 26, 2001, 10:24 AM
Heidi, you don't have any warmbloods in that sale of yours, do you? It would make it much esier on me.

Feb. 26, 2001, 10:24 AM
bread an water, and BOY is she brown-nosing. I WILL NOT GIVE IN!!!!!! Just got a hug and was told how beautiful and lovely I was, and how much I was loved. GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Can we say queen of manipulation???

B.G.M. heidi
Feb. 26, 2001, 10:27 AM
I was considering auctioning off the outlaws - are Clydesdales considered warmbloods? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Tin
Feb. 26, 2001, 10:35 AM
*oeck* someone get the stomach pump, I just ate 8 Pilsbury cresent rolls and now I don't feel that well. I couldn't resist, I was amazed at how domestic I've been today and thought a tube-o-cresents would be a nice treat. I guess I got carrier away /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

now where did that tube of cookie dough go.......

Feb. 26, 2001, 10:35 AM
may be for sale!!!! Where's Colin with the list???

OnyxThePony
Feb. 26, 2001, 10:52 AM
But, boy, was he overpriced! I don't even feel good about going in and giving an offer, as it would be so under what they were asking. I mean, we ARE talking *paint cross TB* here.. with no potential for the western events,and the popular trend here is not towards paint/TB OR coloured horses...
But I thought he was cute..

OnyxThePony
Feb. 26, 2001, 10:54 AM
Here's the other pic I have. I haven't seen him in person, but doubt I'd pay his price.

Tin
Feb. 26, 2001, 11:30 AM
He's a looker though BossHoss, to bad price isn't as fitting.