PDA

View Full Version : LONG ISLAND UPDATE

Gold Dust
Oct. 4, 2001, 02:43 PM
Well, so much as been going on lately I have not been able to post my usual update. Here goes....

Startig off with the LIHSAA ballot results. By-laws are finished. Tabulations are in. The current board as gone over it and approved it. The elected members are being notified now. They will be merging with the exsisting board to ensure a smooth transition and both can work together to clear up problems that need working on. As soon as all have been notified I will post the new board members. I would like to thank all who took the time to fill out the ballots. Without input from Long Isladers the proper job could not get done.

PHA meeting have been very busy and many important issues have been coming up. Horse show comittee has been hard at work. Yaphank is where we have decided would be the best place. The large schooling ring has been the main topic. All weather footing is the goal in that ring. Looks like we are almost there! Please come to the next meeting [monday, november 5th] if you have any suggestions or help with ideas. Any one with a construction company is really welcome LOL!

Dinner Dance is coming up. It is the 50th aniversary of L.I. PHA. We would like to do somethig with pictures through the years. The older the better. I need 8x10's to display at the dinner dance. Please, everyone look through what you have in that box in the corner of the closet and get back to me.

Elections are next month. President at this time is the only catagory where you the Long Island community will have a decision to make. Your 2 choices up to now are Dick London and Hanna Ruttiman. Any comments? Here is a place to view your thoughts. [until LIHSAA website gets a message board........oops,did I really go there!!!!! lol] /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Let's see some activity here long island...

Gold Dust
Oct. 4, 2001, 02:43 PM
Well, so much as been going on lately I have not been able to post my usual update. Here goes....

Startig off with the LIHSAA ballot results. By-laws are finished. Tabulations are in. The current board as gone over it and approved it. The elected members are being notified now. They will be merging with the exsisting board to ensure a smooth transition and both can work together to clear up problems that need working on. As soon as all have been notified I will post the new board members. I would like to thank all who took the time to fill out the ballots. Without input from Long Isladers the proper job could not get done.

PHA meeting have been very busy and many important issues have been coming up. Horse show comittee has been hard at work. Yaphank is where we have decided would be the best place. The large schooling ring has been the main topic. All weather footing is the goal in that ring. Looks like we are almost there! Please come to the next meeting [monday, november 5th] if you have any suggestions or help with ideas. Any one with a construction company is really welcome LOL!

Dinner Dance is coming up. It is the 50th aniversary of L.I. PHA. We would like to do somethig with pictures through the years. The older the better. I need 8x10's to display at the dinner dance. Please, everyone look through what you have in that box in the corner of the closet and get back to me.

Elections are next month. President at this time is the only catagory where you the Long Island community will have a decision to make. Your 2 choices up to now are Dick London and Hanna Ruttiman. Any comments? Here is a place to view your thoughts. [until LIHSAA website gets a message board........oops,did I really go there!!!!! lol] /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Let's see some activity here long island...

deleyer
Oct. 4, 2001, 04:23 PM
Well Deb, I couldnt understand reading your post that the voting for President would be the last paragraph of your post knowing that it would be a major issue, but then again I thought about it some more and it was planned good, because you definetly got my attendtion on it. Leaving the best for last were you???
But I do think that we need to put a few more people up there, I can think of a few others who attend the shows that have a handle on the up dated rules and not ones that learn as they go. I dont want to sound so judgmental on this but it is the truth. I never see these people at the shows, you may as well add VETO's name to that list because there isnt one on there that really participates at the shows on a regular basis that would make me feel comfortable making them President, so if you dont know whats going on whats around you on a regular basis, how can you even attempt to make decisions?? So I hope the people you mentioned in your last post for Presidency dont get to offended on this but I feel its the truth.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

PONYPULR
Oct. 4, 2001, 04:35 PM
The picture thing at the dinner will be great!! I have many to chose from- Won't be able to decide! Maybe we could have a "Guess Who" section!!

I also want to add to Goldust's summary that there were a few very minor changes to the Bylaws that I feel do not amount to any big deal. The new and old committees will have their first meeting Oct.16 where, I hope, the officers will be elected and the committees will be decided upon. Time is running out if things are to be in place for the start of the 2002 horse show year.

As for the PHA officer elections, please remember, you must be a paid adult member for the current year to be eligible to vote. Absentee ballots are available through Anne Aspinall.

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose."

brilyntrip
Oct. 4, 2001, 04:57 PM
I must say that all members should take the time to get to the next meeting where there will be a vote . Apparently nominations will be taken from the floor before the vote is held . Please all interested persons eligible to vote make Nov 5 a date!!!!

Gold Dust
Oct. 4, 2001, 07:10 PM
The LIHSAA website has had a small update. It is now done through mid-july.

wendy2
Oct. 5, 2001, 05:36 AM
I have heard some whispers that there will be other candidates nominated from the floor at the next PHA meeting. Since I must cast an absentee ballot I would like to know who else is considering the president position. Otherwise I must choose between the two candidates listed. Is anyone else running?

Gold Dust
Oct. 5, 2001, 06:26 AM
I believe you are correct. I have also heard there is someone else that may have been nominated last meeting and is pondering the thought of running. Absetee ballots I believe are going to be a problem because as brilyntrip stated, nomiations can be accepted that evening[nov.5th] If I hear of another official candidate I will post it immediatly. All who would like to vote with a absetee ballot must keep on top of this so you know all the candidates if it should come down to that. If you are going to have a choice, you should know ALL options.

cdeleyer- is that a nomiation? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif lol

goneriding
Oct. 5, 2001, 08:49 AM
Just wanted to say hi...its your newest student - Liz....

Gold Dust
Oct. 5, 2001, 01:40 PM
It has just been brought to my attention that Karin Immerman was officially nominated at the past PHA meeting. The nomination was handed to Anne Aspinal who is the head of the nominating comittee.

Now your choices are officially:
Dick London
Hanna Ruttiman
Karin Immerman

Here is the forum to air your views to any of the candidates. Any comments.........?

M. O'Connor
Oct. 5, 2001, 02:18 PM
Anne Aspinal--I'm not sure of wether she has an e-mail address, it seems I heard that she does, but I don't have it--TRC is in the book though, in Sagaponack....

PONYPULR
Oct. 5, 2001, 03:23 PM
I have Anne's e-mail address and if you would like it, you can e-mail me for it! I do not think she would be happy if it were plastered all over the internet!

I'm glad to see that this election has created so much interest. In the past, we were lucky to get just one person willing to take on each of the officer seats. The fact that there are 3 now running for El Presidente is exciting!!! But I think that is enough!!

wendy2
Oct. 6, 2001, 05:46 AM
Karen Immerman has some positive items in her resume. 1. She is a professional trainer.
2. She is a rated AHSA judge.
3. She has connections with the AHSA world. (A facet we need to keep up on the "big" show world.)
4. She is an active PHA member.

Gold Dust
Oct. 6, 2001, 07:15 PM
Well, I have been surfing other posts here and can not believe the amount of locals here on the threads.

Come on guys, nothing to say about the diner dance,[don't forget those pictures] horse show or maybe what spring clinic the PHA should have this year since we did not have one last year. We need everyones help so complaints are minimum this year.

Election day this year is quite important. Think about those 3 people and who you want to be in charge. Would any of the candidates be fine with you? Wendy2-really good points!!!!

Jane
Oct. 6, 2001, 10:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gold Dust:
Would any of the candidates be fine with you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

LURKNNOMORE
Oct. 7, 2001, 07:13 AM
May I be the first to prematurely congratulate you on your sure win situation. (Anyone out there taking bets on this race-LOL).

As far as the dinner dance, pictures sound like a great idea, how about the baloon man /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif from 2 years ago. Seriously, I always liked when Country Fair would put up all the candids, and would love to see some of the old stuff (blown up really big).

My only request with regard to the dinner dance is PUT ME IN THE SMOKING SECTION /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif or just set me up in the lobby. Oh, and by the way, I know of one rider who is planning on making a /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif statement in her mode of dress. Should be another interesting night.

Gold Dust
Oct. 7, 2001, 01:19 PM
Looks like there really will be a table set up in the lobby!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Actually, the funniest thing ever is if tables were set up in the smoking section that would be the busiest section of the night!
Can anyone say SAMBUCA? And no Linda, not refering to the horse!!! It will help me get through any horrific fashion statements!!! Jane-we could go in our gothic outfits!!!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LURKNNOMORE
Oct. 7, 2001, 02:39 PM
Why are these things non-smoking anyway? I always thought that at private catered functions there was a choice. Who chose the non-smoking? Couldn't it be every man (woman) for themselves, and if anyone finds it offensive, couldn't they step outside for a change?

Gold Dust
Oct. 7, 2001, 03:10 PM
I believe I lost that battle last year being a smoker myself to the big ceese of the PHA. Guess we should ask the new cadidates their view on this? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

LURKNNOMORE
Oct. 7, 2001, 03:48 PM
Could it be that after all these years of freezing outside, who knows, maybe THE CHEESE STANDS ALONE. LOL.

brilyntrip
Oct. 7, 2001, 05:15 PM
While I myself do partake of the tobbacco plant.I do not feel that it is 'politically correct ' for me to lend my support to either side of this heated issue at this time!
Yes it is TRUE If nominated I will run if elected I will serve.Just a little twist on a statement made by a former U.S. pres LBJ!

M. O'Connor
Oct. 7, 2001, 06:19 PM
Not to mention, triggers my asthma...(I pretty nearly died last week after the PHA meeting when we were gathered between the doors and the smokers lit up...polite lil me, just sat there holding my breath.....)

Gold Dust
Oct. 7, 2001, 06:44 PM
I feel one day I may open my e-mail to see Mary has written me a lovely letter[as she does so well] to ream me for my smoking!!! lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Pictures-I need pictures [just a reminder!!!]

brilyntrip
Oct. 7, 2001, 07:54 PM
I did try to get outta there for your sake as soon as possible !!!!

deleyer
Oct. 8, 2001, 04:48 AM
Well I am with Mary on the smoking issue, Hey if you want to smoke the respectful thing would to go outside, or if you want to smoke put all smokers on one side of the room like they do in some places, its called a smoking section, But then you cant complain if you arent sitting with your own table then. You choose to smoke then you should choose to be with people who do, But you cant have the whole cake here on this subject.You may as well put another section in to for the inappropriate dressers, LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

wendy2
Oct. 8, 2001, 05:23 AM
The problem with smoking is that the people who don't still have to breath the air smokers foul up. Just walking through the "smokers" area at last years dinner dance I ended up REAKING of smoke. Had to take a shower to get the smell out of my hair. As grown-ups we should be trying to set positive examples to the kids who are attending. I'm sorry, but smokers if you make a personal choice to light up, my vote is for outside, but the lobby will do.

M. O'Connor
Oct. 8, 2001, 05:25 AM
since you know what happened last time I took too much asthma meds, I guess hustling me out was in your best interest as I was driving!! It worked, we are both alive!

I'll go through some of my old albums Deb-- I know I have loads of photos from the 70's--how about trying to get in contact with some of the LI "alumnae" who might be interested in sharing in the festivities of the 50th? How bout for one, start a thread: LIPHA 50th??? You know, that's a good idea, I'm going to do that right now......

PONYPULR
Oct. 8, 2001, 06:47 AM
The smoking issue is rather trivial when we have two, count 'em, two very important elections coming up in less that a month. Although the PHA and the LIHSAA are to remain 2 separate organizations, they must work FOR one another. I see the floundering of one as the other gains all the interest, if the wrong people become their officials. Just because the old LIHSAA board has accepted the new board, and bylaws, does not mean that all our problems are solved.

There are 3 people on the PHA ballot for the presidency, and I plan to vote for the one who has the best understanding of the LI horse show community, is involved in the AHSA in a capacity that bests suits my needs, and who has, merely by running, shown me that they have put the PHA's interests at the top of their priority list.

The new officials of the LIHSAA need to be futuristic, interested in change, and willing to work diplomatically.

Please let's concern ourselves with the most pertinent of issues- And those decisions that we will have to live with for a while.

Gold Dust
Oct. 8, 2001, 07:36 AM
Wouldn't it be great if we could draw the candidates in to cyber world to answer questions the voters may have! /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
I for one would like to see the new president keep us updated on federation updates and work for the people of L.I. Knowing what is important to all of L.I. and not having to be told what is, is a must! Working hard for us and having the best iterest of both associations is a priority in my book.

brilyntrip
Oct. 8, 2001, 08:03 PM
um golddust gave me a bad email address for you please send me something have important stuff to talk about!!!

LURKNNOMORE
Oct. 8, 2001, 09:55 PM
It seems that this bb has become a forum for LI, what better place for the candidates to express their views? I'm assuming that Dick London has the ability to go online, we all know Karen is on here. I guess Hanna can't respond, but somehow that doesn't seem very pertinent. What are the serious questions and issues?

Although I am not currently a member of the LIPHA (didn't know until recently that membership was open to non-professionals)-I would like the president to have a direct hands-on involvement in the local show communtity. I think that only by standing ringside you can truly understand the end result of the decisions that are made and how they effect the exhibitors. For instance this years pre-childrens's debate. Although I am no longer personally involved in this division, I still think it has certain issues that need to be addressed. I still think there should be some thought to splitting horses/ponies-I also think there should be effort given to insure that the ponies there are truly ponies. By stricter adherence to the rules we can improve the level of competition, and utilize that division as I understand it to exist, as a preamble to childrens hunter.

I also know that there was some confusion as to the pre-green division at the start of this current show year. When the lows in effect became the old pre-greens we now have two divisions to show horses in their first/second year of showing-seems redundant to me.

I would like to see the LIHSAA website updated in a more timely manner, and it would be great to include a bbs on that site.

What are the other issues, I honestly don't know. I find that most of the shows on Long Island are well run, you all are doing a great job, and as an exhibitor I appreciate the fact that most situations are handled in a professional manner. I think right now there seems to be a division that almost everyone can fit into and have fun.

GinnyRice
Oct. 9, 2001, 09:06 AM
Being online should almost be mandatory for anyone running for office and also for all voters.
If you haven't been to meetings and horse shows, or tried to keep up via the internet, how do you begin to know what is right for the PHA.

Gold Dust
Oct. 9, 2001, 03:17 PM
Lurkn,great post, hope to see the cadidates come on and answer some questions. Mrs. Rice, you hit the nail on the head.In this day and age you really need to be computer literate to have axcess to the people. Be back later after I feed the horses!

brilyntrip
Oct. 9, 2001, 05:52 PM
to go with all this but I am here . If anyone has any relavent questions I'll try to give my best answers.

PONYPULR
Oct. 9, 2001, 07:44 PM
What are some of your ideas on giving the PHA and the LIHSAA a good working relationship?

And how about some fund-raising ideas?

timedjumpoff
Oct. 10, 2001, 08:00 AM
Debby, you should run for president? I'd nominate you, but I don't know how.

RE: LIPHA ORGANIZATION

It's being run like a secret club! You might be surpirsed to learn that some of Marty's people who have been actively showing, don't even know how to join the LIPHA! I only found out from looking at the awards dinner program.

I think that the lack of written commumication between LIPHA and its members is a big problem, i.e., no membership cards (I didn't know if I was a member or not the first year after I sent my check), no updates/news/voting issues/standings, etc.....Even if it's too costly and time-consuming to do it by mail, new/potential members should be informed that news is available on a website. If you simply ask for an e-mail address on applications, you could inform people of how to get information. I've been a member for 2-1/2 years and didn't know there was a website with LIPHA news until a month ago. New members are really kept in the dark if they aren't in the loop.

Some kind of inexpensive mailing might be good, even once or twice a year to remind people that things are going on.

If possible, a separate LIPHA website might be nice, which hopefully could incorporate the LIHSAA standings. You could have a "forum" on it, as well, after all, why should the whole world know our business? Also, it would be easier to locate LI news there rather than searching thru chronofhorse.

Debby, your communications are timely and excellent! Unfortunately, I bet there are a lot of members, not to mention potential members who don't even know they exist. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Hope my comments aren't out of line.

brilyntrip
Oct. 10, 2001, 08:03 AM
to answer some of Janets's questions but .. some where locally a big power outage shut me down mid sentence!Now I have to try to remember what I was trying to say !Darn I was just about done too!

brilyntrip
Oct. 10, 2001, 08:15 AM
to answer soem of Janets's questions but .. soem where locally a big power outage shut me down mid sentence!Now I have to try to remember what I was trying to say !Darn I was just about done too!

brilyntrip
Oct. 10, 2001, 08:30 AM
to answer some of Janets's questions but .. some where locally a big power outage shut me down mid sentence!Now I have to try to remember what I was trying to say !Darn I was just about done too!
OK well I have no idea if this will actually post since I have been trying to get it to go through for some time.
here goes
The LIPHA and LIHSAA have been kept as two distinct entities for some time .I honestly believe that both organizations can and should be able to work together for the mutual good.
The Pha is an historic association that is to Professional Horsemen what the FEMA is to US disaster victims.
In these times where fundraising must be creative we in LIPHA have to actively pursue all viable options in order to have a strong and active membership.Which must include all new and insured methods of increasing our funds annually.
In the past we have raised funds through membership fees ,the annual horse show , seminars with renowned horsemen.New ideas could include A high score class in each division such as the ones held in NEW JERSEY .I will have to investigate the whats and hows of this idea first before I can give any other information.
Enlarging the silent auction held at the banquet
could help.I have one or two kind of radical thoughts that I am currently looking into the particulars of which I will elaborate on once I am convinced of their merits!
Some of these ideas may seem a bit revolutionary now but remember they are just ideas to discuss openly .I hope I have answered your questions Janet.

Gold Dust
Oct. 10, 2001, 08:38 AM
First off-thanks but no thanks jump off!!! lol Actually, one thing I feel the president should do is keep us informed of Zone pertinent issues! I very rarely leave te Island so I need someone to keep me updated!
I know for a fact you and your husband are members.I recieved tat check with your diner dance check. I will get your e-mail address to Mrs. Rice asap! You two can definitly vote!!Please try to put Nov.5th o your caledar and meet early for diner at 6:00. Horse show comittee meeting is then but all are welcome to hear what is going on![and possibly put to work!lol] And no-I will not count that as that diner we have been trying to have! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I try to post as often as I can to elp keep the few that here in touch. We really need to get the word out better and update mailing lists! Yup LURKN-the web site needs a B.Board! More of L.I. will go there and become more active. We could post meetings, clinics, news, possible fund raisers, dinner dance and horse show news. Why this was not done from the start I have no idea!

For all who wanted to become members so they could vote. I feel it is a shame you can not. It has sparked your interest. I would think it would be a great way to generate more members. Any big wigs have any comments!!!? Bet we would get MANY new members!!! We could increase revenue and get some new blood. Janet-help me with this one please. What is the reason for not letting them vote? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Oh, no way are your comments out of line. This is the stuff we need to hear. Keep them coming /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

brilyntrip
Oct. 10, 2001, 08:39 AM
Now All of my posts are splattered all over the place! Sorry guys !

brilyntrip
Oct. 10, 2001, 08:49 AM
Our website could have classified ads couldn't it?
It could also have some type of display ad section like some of the horse magazines we all read.In addition a bulletin board for Long Island would be benefitial(sp?).

[This message was edited by brilyntrip on Oct. 10, 2001 at 12:10 PM.]

timedjumpoff
Oct. 10, 2001, 09:46 AM
What about getting LIPHA hats/polo shirts/
t-shirts/jackets/arm bands made up and selling them at LI shows? You could even take orders before getting them produced to take advantage of quantity pricing. A lot of companies do it, i.e., Lands End, and probably some on LI, as well. Don't know if there is an existing logo, but if not, how about a contest to design a new one?

You could use them in many ways, i.e.,

--Raising income from dues by offering these logo items at different rate levels:
DUES + LIPHA HAT = $40
DUES + LIPHA Tee = $45
DUES + LIPHA Polo = $60
etc., etc., etc.

Another good way to sell shirts (maybe in summer) is to require anyone competing in an LIPHA class or stakes class to wear an LIPHA shirt/arm band/pinney which of course would be for sale at each show (arm bands couldn't cost more than $1 each to produce and would sell for at least $2). The WEF in Florida last year required all jumper riders to wear polo shirts at all times (no jackets or ties) and it was a big success.
If you did it for a certain class or division,
it could become a popular way of attracting entries, not to mention promoting LIPHA.

If you have a separate PHA class at shows,
one of the items could be given for 1st place.

In NJ, they have separate awards dinners for NJPHA and NJHSA, even though most of the same people compete in both divisions. As it would likely be the same in LI, why not make an LIPHA/LIHSAA combined awards dinner/dance? Just about everything would remain the same as far as your costs go, but you could charge a higher fee, as two sets of awards would be presented.

Just some food for thought....

M. O'Connor
Oct. 10, 2001, 09:54 AM
Is there something in the bylaws of the PHA that prevents potential members from joining----HUH????? or voting?????? Someone please enlighten me.....? Along with the rest of the world, of course?

Yes, all should realize that LIPHA and LIHSAA are Very Separate Entities, purposefully so (though the actual purpose remains unclear...)elections for LIHSAA have been held (concluded in early September) and the status of the new board is detailed in the post that started this thread....Nov 5th is for PHA elections....PHA does not set class specs or keep tabs on high score points, that is the agenda of the LIHSAA.

It is my belief that mailing lists for both organizations and regular communication would be beneficial to all concerned. Otherwise all concerned are in the dark, the results of which we have seen the past year. BUT it is my understanding that all that has every chance of changing now, what with the new setup for LIHSAA.

PONYPULR
Oct. 10, 2001, 10:04 AM
The PHA does keep their members informed of its' doings, you just aren't looking in the right place. How about coming to a meeting to get caught up? Your points are not wrong, and the PHA is going through some changes, along with the LIHSAA, to rectify some of the problems. Why not offer your help, instead of mere ideas? The website needs help, and we need someone to get the minutes from each meeting to some magazine like Horse Directory. Our communication with our membership needs work and maybe you're just the person to work on it.

And, I truly believe, any client of Marty's could ask MARTY about the PHA, and he would gladly inform them of the date and location of the meetings. He attends them all.

PONYPULR
Oct. 10, 2001, 10:26 AM
The ad thing on the website is a great idea, Karin!! And so is the shirt uniform for jumpers idea, TimedJO. Are you writing all this down, Goldust?

I know that one must be a PHA member, either Pro or Associate, for the year of the elections in order to vote. But in glancing over the Bylaws of the PHA, I didn't see anything about any time constraints except that the NOMINEES must all be paid members for 2 years. Hummmmm.........

I know it was said that those wishing to vote must have been paid members as of Sept. 1st of this year, but I'm not sure if that is in writing anywhere. Mrs. Rice- ya got that in any of your minutes anywhere?

Gold Dust
Oct. 10, 2001, 03:56 PM
Jump off-
Good ideas. I hope you and your husbad will be able to make some meetings. I know you guys live far but please try. We can always use new input and help. This months meeting is a must for you guys!!! Janet and I have already been checking in to the hat,T-shirt thing! They will definitly be on sale this PHA show. We really need voluteers to work the booth! Anybody out there available for that help???

As far as this voting thing. I too have been over the by-laws with a fine tooth comb and it says nothing about time spent as a PHA member to vote. This is really important. Can someone elighten us here. The PHA stands to get many new immediate members if they could vote. I think this is an opportunity the PHA should grab on to!

brilyntrip
Oct. 10, 2001, 04:36 PM
that anyone who wants to vote had to be a member as of sept1

Gold Dust
Oct. 10, 2001, 04:49 PM
I shall need to see that in writing as we should not make up rules as we go!!![not that I am saying we are, flame suit at the ready!! lol] I was told new PHA members could get the ticket discount for the diner dance last year!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

GinnyRice
Oct. 10, 2001, 06:06 PM
The National By-laws state "Professional members in good standing as of September 1, shall be entitled to one vote in that year's National Election."
Cannot find anything in the National By-laws that mentions Chapter elections.

LURKNNOMORE
Oct. 10, 2001, 06:22 PM
If you need help with the dinner dance or organizing anything, I would love to help, and so would Stef. Just don't expect me to do anything gross.

As far as the website I was thinking about this for a while now-believe it or not, this I can do. We can get the same bbs that we are on now and I had even thought of putting a more accurate points tally instead of waiting for Michael to do it.

The t-shirt thing for jumpers is a great idea-maybe would solve some dress code problems too. Did everyone know that Jane is a designer-maybe get her imput for a classy logo.

Another thing, since Hanna doesn't have a computer, can I answer for her in the debate? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Can I have one of those new pha hats for motivation?

Does anyone know if Dick London is online?

Gold Dust
Oct. 10, 2001, 06:46 PM
I think I will make up a special PHA ash tray just for you!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the offer of help. Diner Dace is pretty well organized right now. The horse show- now that is another story. As that gets closer we will need lots of help!!!!

Let's look in to that chapter thing Mrs. Rice!!! This chapter could increase members big time I think with up and coming elections possibly!!!

LURKNNOMORE
Oct. 10, 2001, 07:05 PM
Better make it a big one, I had plenty of company last year at "my table". I keep thinking that as a joke I'll pull up and see a table in the parking lot with my name on it.

Would love to help with the show-just don't know what I could do-Marty already told me NO, but that was before I became a barn manager. Maybe I could be in charge of backing up all the trailers, fashion police,or a commentator. Just don't make me muck the parking lot-LOL.

timedjumpoff
Oct. 10, 2001, 07:23 PM
DEBBY,

I can help at the horse show. John, too, probably. Just let me know what you need. I forgot what date is it and where (Yaphank)?
Please advise.

Thanks.

Bonni

Jane
Oct. 10, 2001, 09:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LURKNNOMORE:

Did everyone know that Jane is a designer-maybe get her imput for a classy logo.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Lurkn, but you forgot to mention my rate...just kidding! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'll be more than happy to help out if needed...not just the designing part (I suspect the LIPHA already has a logo), but also anything else, from horse show stuff to website. I do have some experiece with t-shirt design (this one is for GoldDust: I designed a line of vampire T's that was quite popular years ago at one of Anne Rice's balls...you should've seen the one for Louis de Pointe du Lac, blood tears and all! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

I agree with Gold Dust that it'd be a good idea to look into the by-laws for voting eligibility.
A number of people, myself included, are very interested in joining and getting involved, it
could definitely be a big boost to membership.

I also think timedjumpoff has some really good ideas, and I agree with both timed and Mary that a mailing list is crucial to keep members informed. Just about everyone's online these days, but those who aren't shouldn't have to suffer the "consequence". Besides, all are not aware of the COTH BB, even the 'net savvys.

[This message was edited by Jane on Oct. 11, 2001 at 12:11 AM.]

Gold Dust
Oct. 11, 2001, 07:47 AM
I have just been informed by the powers that be ANY MEMBER may vote. So, all you non-members e-mail Mrs. Rice to find out where to send the checks please.[or just do it at the meeting I guess] Then we will see all you newbies on Nov. 5th!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jane-please let Mary F. know for me. What is her e-mail address?

brilyntrip
Oct. 11, 2001, 08:16 AM
I think you meant to say that any senior member of the LIPHA MAY VOTE. Apparently the LIPHA bylaws have no stipulation about when a member becomes a member.In otherwords our bylaws are different than the National PHA bylaws.

gwen
Oct. 11, 2001, 08:20 AM
Since I just moved to Long Island and will start showing soon, what should I join??????? We had our associations in CT, but now that I am in NY, I need to join here!!! ANY ADVICE????????

Barb /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gold Dust
Oct. 11, 2001, 09:47 AM
Guess I forgot to leave out that one important element!!!

Gwen, joining the PHA is a must. It will keep you updated on all goings on. Please, we'd love to see you at the next meeting.

Jane= Halloween is coming up!. We need to talk! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

gwen
Oct. 11, 2001, 11:37 AM
That's great...where do they do the meetings and how often..I would love to get involved with Long Island stuff!!! It would be great to get to know some people and have some fun!!!! How can I get a form to fill out for the PHA???? That will be the first thing I do

M. O'Connor
Oct. 11, 2001, 12:19 PM
especially those who want to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to help do the nitty gritty stuff! It would seem that things would be more organized if prospective members become members IN ADVANCE of the November 5th meeting....I'm guessing that the prospect of a large number of new members might not be greeted with enthusiasm in all corners, strange as that may seem. Status quo getting rocked and all that. If all new memberships are current and paid up before the 5th, it should keep problems to a minimum. Nothing wrong with new blood if you ask me; new members should always be welcome! What better reason than they care about participating in elections!?

Gwen--there are two "organizations" --one, the Long Island High Score Awards Association, is elected (mostly-- the whole process is in transition after a "colorful" dispute took up much of the winter and spring--do a search on Long Island threads and you'll see...) and the PHA, which all can join and are encouraged to join--there are professional memberships, associate memberships, and junior memberships. (Amateurs are not precluded from joining at professional membership level.) Meetings have been held this year at the New Horizon Diner just south of the Expressway on Rt 454 / Veteran's Highway, (guys is that Exit 57?)

brilyntrip
Oct. 11, 2001, 12:44 PM
As many persons that can become members prior to Nov5 will make thing run smoother on the night of ya know!!!

Gold Dust
Oct. 11, 2001, 01:18 PM
Mary and Karin are correct. If you e-mail Ginny Rice she will give you an address to mail your check in ahead of time. It will make the whole night run much smoother! Her e-mail address is in her profile on page 3 of this thread.

I am glad you want to get involved gwen and all the others showing interest. Looking forward to seeing a packed diner Nov. 5th!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

gwen
Oct. 11, 2001, 01:21 PM
THANK YOU!!! That's great..Sounds like SO MUCH fun..I can't wait!!! I will try my hardest to be there..It'll be great to meet some of you guys..just look for a lost 16 year old looking person with curly hair who has no clue where to go or what to do!! I am actually 26 years old..:):):):)

tinker
Oct. 11, 2001, 01:23 PM
Hi Gold Dust: I read the message regarding becoming a member at this late date and glad to know that I can still participate. I will send an e-mail to Mrs. Rice requesting membership and bring a check to the horse show this Sunday. See you there, we'll be having fun with Spy.

gwen
Oct. 11, 2001, 01:24 PM
What show are you going to????? I could possibly do the same thing I guess!!

Jane
Oct. 11, 2001, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the update, Gold Dust! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I had suggested to Mrs. Rice the other night that maybe she can bring some membership forms to the show this sunday (I wanted to join regardless of the voting eligibility).

Tinker, you've emerged from lurkdom!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

gwen
Oct. 11, 2001, 05:25 PM
So which show are we going to????????? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

brilyntrip
Oct. 11, 2001, 05:25 PM
the show this sun is Hunter's Isle Ms. Rice will be there , I will too as will Ponyplr and Golddust so we should all meet ok !!!!

Gold Dust
Oct. 11, 2001, 05:43 PM
Jane- wear your COTH hat!!!!
Gwen- you know how to get there?
Tinker- what's your e-mail address? e-mail me!!!

gwen
Oct. 11, 2001, 05:57 PM
NOPE!!! Don't know how to get there yet....I guess I can just bring a check Sunday!!! I guess I will have to look for some COTH hats!!!!! I will be wearing a bright pink shirt..how does that sound??

brilyntrip
Oct. 11, 2001, 06:12 PM
Along with you know girls its October so... you know me I'll be decked out .... in PUMPKINS etc Hank will want to see what kind of Halloween sox I'm wearing !! SO Gwen you will know me by my Halloween attire ! yes Its obnoxious but I have small children ok?? Now to get there
LIE (495) east (I am assuming you are coming from garden City ) to exit 64 take 112 north to light where there is a cemetery on your left and a sunoco gas station on your right ( can't remember name of road ) anyway at that light turn right follow road to light where there is a convenience store on your left corner. At that light I think it may be first or second light anyway at that convenience store turn left follow road to showgrounds on your right .Show will probably be over by 4 pm so get there early!

M. O'Connor
Oct. 11, 2001, 07:00 PM
Hmm...maybe I'll pack Hunki into the trailer and pop him in a warm-up....

brilyntrip
Oct. 12, 2001, 03:53 AM
am plnning on taking Hannah along with Gina and hahahahahaha!!!!!!!Beth is going to try to remember A low low jumper course.I am laying down bets !!!!If she remembers course I think she'll win!

gwen
Oct. 12, 2001, 06:54 AM
I'll be there early (MAYBE IF I CAN GET UP)....for the pony jumpers!!! Gotta watch that!! But I will probably be hanging around all day!

Gold Dust
Oct. 13, 2001, 11:51 AM
Just recieved a phone message[s]from Dick London. I have been asked to tell everyone that since he does not have a computer he will be at the show this weekend to answer any questions put to him.

M. O'Connor
Oct. 13, 2001, 12:16 PM
not at all??

That will be one question I can ask him.....

Actually, looks like we aren't going to be making it tomorrow /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Went up-Island to do an introductory course to being a Red Cross Volunteer today & only got to ride one of 3 horses for Dark Horse (in Bridgehampton) today--must do all 3 tomorrow, and possibly my guy as well...can't bring my guy to the show cause he's been R&R'ing a cut foot all week....tomorrow will be first ride, post -boo boo. What show is next week?

LilyBelle
Oct. 13, 2001, 04:28 PM
Next week is Salt River /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

gwen
Oct. 15, 2001, 08:00 AM
I met Jane yesterday at the show!!!! Yay!!! But I didn't see any COTH HATS!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I was busy RIDING TOO!!! Yup, you got it RIDING!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I can't walk today but that's ok!!!!!!!!!!!

M. O'Connor
Oct. 15, 2001, 08:37 AM
brilyntrip was probably the one being followed by her weeping 6yo daughter, wondering where I was with my daughter....probably she didn't see my post above, and I couldn't leave a message on her cell phone, cause it kept saying to leave a message after the beep, but it didn't ever beep.

Deb/Mrs. R--how did the new membership drive go yesterday?

brilyntrip
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:27 PM
I didn't say anything to Hannah about you being at show she was there showing and DIDN'T cry thank the Lord!UM I saw Jane but didn't recognize Gwen in her pink shirt because it was simply too cold and wet and dreary !

gwen
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:37 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I wasn't wearing a pink shirt!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif TOO COLD and yucky!!!!! I was wearing a black shirt with blue vest...and boots and breeches..so if you saw somebody like that riding a cute grey horse...that was me!!!!

Jane
Oct. 15, 2001, 02:25 PM
brilyntrip wasn't wearing her Halloween colors as she'd promised either, no wonder gwen couldn't find her. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Luckily gwen wasn't hard to spot....knowing Dennis' whole gang, and since they were all hanging around the hunter ring, I knew the new face had to be gwen (Barb). /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It was nice meeting you, gwen. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

As for the PHA membership, in my stressed-out state of mind(GoldDust, STOP laughing!), I kept forgetting to see Mrs. Rice about it.

Gold Dust
Oct. 15, 2001, 03:07 PM
Oh my god I am cracking up!!!! Guess you could join the next Hunters Isle on 10-28 and anyone else who forgot!

Hey Gwen, are you part of Dennis' gang?

gwen
Oct. 15, 2001, 03:47 PM
Sure am!!!!! Just joined up!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif SO I'll be showing his grey horse, Sylvester and Saffy, the little bay mare!! I had so much fun riding them yesterday...I'll be showing in 2 weeks too!!! I cant wait!

Jane, it was great to meet you too! And I love your horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so nice to finally put a face to the name!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gold Dust
Oct. 15, 2001, 07:26 PM
Just retured home from the LIHSAA meeting. I am posting the results of the ballots that all filled out. I wanted to make sure all were notified befor I posted this. Here goes:
Managers:
1.-Jimmy Rice
2.-Anne Aspinall
3.-George Leukmire
Trainers-
1.-Debby de Leyer
2.-Marty de Leyer
3.-Frank Dimarsico
Exhibitors:
1.-Janet Plympton
2.-Jo Rothenberg
3.-Amanda Topping
Officials:
1.-Laura Reed
2.-Karin Immerman
3.-Patty Auricchio
At Large:
1.-Virginia Rice
2.-Betty Cantor
3.-Debbie Czaplick
These are the results, chosen by the people!

Gwen- Now I remember seeing you ride the grey horse. Welcome Aboard!!!

brilyntrip
Oct. 15, 2001, 08:03 PM
DEb even commented about my spider earings worn by special request (GINA).IT was just too darned cold bleak I had a olive green quilted Barbour coat on Hannah actually snagged it for a while to keep warm.THE WEATHERMAN LIIIIIIIED!
Ok so here are results of LIHSAA vote board of directors
PRES or chairperson is....Laura Reed
Vice Pres OR Chairman.... Frank Demarsico
Secretary MOI .... Karin Immerman
Treasurer....Janet Plympton

gwen
Oct. 16, 2001, 08:02 AM
Spider earrings...cool!!! Very festive!!!

For all those I missed, sorry we didn't meet up!!! I will be at the next one in a couple of weeks...look for a girl making an A$& of herself on either a gray or dark bay!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif that'll be ME!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif No just kidding..i haven't ridden in so long..but I actually felt really good the other day...those courses were fun!!!

brilyntrip
Oct. 17, 2001, 03:27 PM
Thumping where oh where is DEBBBIIIEEEE!!!!

Sparky22
Oct. 17, 2001, 03:33 PM
So do any of you Long Islangers know what the weathe is supposed to be like this weekend? I'll be on LI Sun and I'm oping for some nice weather!

~~KAte~~

"Just when you thought something was idiot proof, they go and make a better idiot...damned evolution"

Gold Dust
Oct. 17, 2001, 05:52 PM
Have had a few days from h***!!!! First time at the computer in days [although Marty won't believe that]

I heard the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend. We'll be going to Washington. They are honoring Harry at the show.[hunt day]

Just wanted to let everyone know the LIHSAA meeting went great. Works are already in gear to rectify exsisting problems. The new board and the exsisting board are looking forward to 2002 moving much smoother! New blood always helps!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

M. O'Connor
Oct. 18, 2001, 06:31 AM
The future looks bright (once we get over the Nov 5 PHA elections hump, that is)--

Deb, when is the next meeting of the LIHSAA?
When is the first open meeting?

How do LI'ers get issues before the board?

Is the Chairman of the Board online?

brilyntrip
Oct. 18, 2001, 08:41 AM
our new chairman is online Laura Reed is our new chairman .She does go online pretty often I'll email her address to you.I think that anything you might want brought up should be in writing and given to a board member .As of now we have not scheduled an open meeting but we will I promise.

Gold Dust
Oct. 18, 2001, 09:52 AM
Karin covered everything but just wanted to remind everyone- Many board members are on-line here often. Ponypulr,brilyntrip, Giny Rice,myself.[more are here but they still lurk lol] Feel free to e-mail us or discuss it on the thread[I would print it out] and we will bring it to the next meeting. Open communication is what we need here!!

Another reminder. Do not forget, if you would like to join the PHA befor the next meeting to e-mail Ginny Rice. Less grid lock that night.

gwen
Oct. 18, 2001, 10:17 AM
When does the membership run from??? Is it like the AHSA that expires?? Does it expire the same time... I am planning on showing this fall so I should just join right??? I am confusing..sorry

THANKS!!!!!!

Gold Dust
Oct. 18, 2001, 11:02 AM
quote from our bylaws-
'The Fiscal year shall be from January 1st to December 31st'.
Many people want to join now that are not members currently because the election has put a spark in their interest! Weather you want to join at this time or wait until the first, any are welcome to sit in at meetings anyway!

gwen
Oct. 18, 2001, 11:08 AM
GREAT!!! THANK YOU!!! That's enough time then...atleast I will get a few months out of the membership!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And I will try my hardest to make it to that meeting!! It'll be nice to see what goes on around here!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thank you so much!

M. O'Connor
Oct. 18, 2001, 02:31 PM
"are ALL the board members online?"

JUMPER4EVER
Oct. 18, 2001, 03:01 PM
WELL I ACTUALLY DID IT THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WILL PROBABLY FALL DOWN DEAD AFTER THEY REALISE WHO THIS IS. DEB I'LL BE THERE ON 11/5 AND DON'T WE HAVE ANOTHER HUNTER'S ISLE B-4 THE MEETING? /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

WHEN IN DOUBT-- CLOSE YOUR EYES AND GRAB MANE!!!!!

brilyntrip
Oct. 18, 2001, 05:40 PM
why did you hesitate for sooo long Altthough I don't know who u r feel free to comment anytime!

Gold Dust
Oct. 18, 2001, 06:26 PM
We actually have 2 hunters Isle horse shows be for election meeting!!!

Welcome to the board jump.

And NO people. I have no idea who this is either. I am sure someoe will investigate this matter a bit more!! lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

brilyntrip
Oct. 18, 2001, 06:57 PM
DEbdear thaats your new screen name !! contact MOI as soon as possible!

Gold Dust
Oct. 18, 2001, 07:03 PM
If your phone wasn't always busy maybe I could get through!!! lol And what's up with your cell phone!?

LURKNNOMORE
Oct. 20, 2001, 05:15 AM
I hate to keep harping on this thing, but I think the LIHSAA needs to have someone else do the website next year. We have one month left and are still 4 months behind in posting.

PONYPULR
Oct. 20, 2001, 06:18 AM
It appears that this year is a lost cause, but it is in the works for next year. 'Nuf said.

wendy2
Oct. 20, 2001, 06:34 AM
I am with you!! I do believe that Michael McCarthy has way too much on his plate at this time to take care of the web site. At the last PHA meeting this issue was discussed and we are looking for anyone who would be interested in taking this job on. I know one name was given but I don't know if that person has accepted. Anyone out there interested?

Personally I think the LIHSAA and LIPHA have let this problem go on for way too long. Members, myself included, who have spoken or emailed Michael have received very little in the way of answers or responses. Michael did a good job last year but this year he has dropped the ball.

brilyntrip
Oct. 20, 2001, 06:27 PM
I have as I promised spoken with the person I mentioned at the last LIHAA meeting .This person will be at next meetingnov 12 to get further info !

brilyntrip
Oct. 21, 2001, 12:25 PM
I have spoken to the new person in question who will be at next LIHSAA meeting to get further info on website .

Gold Dust
Oct. 22, 2001, 04:59 PM
Back from Washington and it was a great time. Hunt Night was something I had never seen befor and it was great fun.

Yes lurkn and all other lurkers. That is one of the issues that was discussed immediatly. Not much can be done this year but there is always a next year! Proof is in the pudding. Michael did a great job last year but this year the amount of work it takes really showed up. I bet this could be considered a part time job tracking points. lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

gwen
Oct. 23, 2001, 06:48 AM
Anyone going to this weekends show??? I still don't know if I'll be showing but I sure will be there!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It's supposed to be cold and windy...I predict lots of fresh horses!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gold Dust
Oct. 23, 2001, 08:52 AM
Jimmy runs such great shows I'd never miss a Hunters Isle or Winners Circle!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

brilyntrip
Oct. 25, 2001, 04:03 PM
I have to say that the upcoming vote is going to be very interesting!!!Things are apparently getting heated : the phone lines in Smithtown ny must be radiating real heat !!!SOOO many phone call sto so many uninterested PHA parties!

Gold Dust
Oct. 25, 2001, 07:14 PM
All I have to say on this election thing is... May the best person win! For years the PHA has been headed by the best person for the job, not the best politition[did I spell that right??] So let us think about the best person out for our interests and can perform this service with ease. Meaning, not a question in their own mind what is best for the whole horse community!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

wendy2
Oct. 26, 2001, 06:06 AM
I have heard that the roster for the election has been changed. Who is running for what now? Since I am already a paid member who do I call for an absentee ballot?

M. O'Connor
Oct. 26, 2001, 09:29 AM
How do those submitting them do so accurately, considering that the slate may well be changed by nominations from the floor on the night that voting takes place?

If it comes to a question of the best person for the job or the best job for a person, it is to be hoped that most will make the sensible choice. I just don't see how the absentee ballots can be legitimately cast without those voting knowing for a fact who the candidates end up being.

Gold Dust
Oct. 26, 2001, 10:16 AM
Absentee ballots in my opinion are going to be a waste of time to fill out and not at all accurate if nominations come from the floor that night or things change. People filling them out may not have an updated list of cadidates. Is anyone from the nominating comittee lurking to help me here?

And actually, while I am posting, Does anyone else have any beefs about anything at all? Open lines of communication is a must.

Gold Dust
Oct. 26, 2001, 07:29 PM
I have been informed that absentee ballots may be obtained through Anne Aspinal. If you do not know how to contact her e-mail me and I will point you in her direction.

The ballot stands as this- cadidates for president are : Hanna Rutimann
Karin Immerman
Dick London
Any changes or additions to this roster can only be done the night of Nov. 5th as nomiations must come from the floor that evening. No matter what anyone has heard that may differ from this, the head of the nomination comittee states the ballot stands as is and can not change until that evening.
The person elected in to this position must win by a majority vote.[as stated in Roberts Rules aka parliamentary proceedure]

brilyntrip
Oct. 29, 2001, 06:13 AM
BUMP this up !!!!

PONYPULR
Oct. 29, 2001, 06:26 AM
Since I hear that there could be nominations from the floor, I don't believe absentee ballots should be accepted. It seems obvious to me that those not present will not be aware of who all the candidates could be.

If the choice is between black or white, then I choose white. But if orange is a late nomination- well that changes everything. And it may change things for others as well.

This must be kept OPEN and fair for all.

gwen
Oct. 29, 2001, 10:46 AM
I met Gold Dust this weekend at the Hunter's Isle show!!! YAY!!! It was great to meet you!!!!!!!!!!

AND I made an ass of myself showing in the Low Hunters!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I rode my trainers green young grey horse! He was so sweet, a little fiesty but I made a few mistakes and we had a couple of funky jumps!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But I had a ball!!!! But hey, that was the second time I rode him!!! And the first time I have showed in a long time!

brilyntrip
Oct. 29, 2001, 10:57 AM
Yuo know I was standing there freezing my you knw what off as ou walked in ring and didn't know it was you!!!!!I saw a grey horse standing at in gate ready to go in ring and wondered to myself "Wonder if thats Gwen?"

gwen
Oct. 29, 2001, 11:24 AM
lol..that's too funny!!! WASN'T IT COLD????? That WIND!! OH goodness, I hope that you didn't see my trips!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif He has only been to a few shows last summer...But he tries so hard...some of the ditches and uneven ground was making him a little nervous..and he likes to take some jumps long..he's a great little horse!! He's got alot of talent...He's only been in training for less than a year...That's too funny!!! That's what Gold Dust did!! She went up to Denis and found out it was me!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

brilyntrip
Oct. 29, 2001, 11:53 AM
It was too funny!!
Now to something NOT so funny... I know this subject has been brought up before to no avail but....ANY suggestions from anyone out there as to how we can get points updated ...This is getting ridiculous...

[This message was edited by brilyntrip on Oct. 29, 2001 at 03:36 PM.]

gwen
Oct. 29, 2001, 11:56 AM
For interupting the thread. I know you've been talking about important stuff!

M. O'Connor
Oct. 29, 2001, 12:41 PM
Which days/nights?

I know I want to see the Maclay (whose idea was it to go over 2 days, anyway?) and Neil has to catch up with the Irish contingent...he wants to go in on Friday night...

Jane
Oct. 29, 2001, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brilyntrip:

ANY sugestions from anyone out there as to how we can get points updated ...This is getting ridiculous...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't someone say a page or two back that it's a lost cause for this year? I think what we need is an *official statement* from someone on the LIHSAA committee on the status of the website update. If it is indeed a lost cause, fine, at least we're not sitting here waiting and wondering. I do have to say, from an exhibitor's POV, this whole website problem shows extreme unprofessionalism, and I'm not even in the running for year end awards nor chasing points.

On a lighter note...Gwen/Barbara, it was nice seeing you again yesterday. You looked great on Sylvester! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Oh, and I didn't realize until after saying hi to ya....was that your husband with you?

gwen
Oct. 29, 2001, 12:52 PM
Yes that was him!!!He actually had the day off and wanted to come to watch me ride...But the only catch was that I had to watch the world series if he came!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Blonde hair with gray fleece jacket?? yup!! Oh Sylvester was GREAT!! He's just a big baby! And I saw YOU RIDE TOO!!! You looked great on your big boy!!!:) /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Dan thinks that I am PSYCHO for meeting people on the internet and meeting them at shows!!!!! Well he's RIGHT!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by gwen on Oct. 29, 2001 at 04:18 PM.]

gwen
Oct. 29, 2001, 12:55 PM
But with all the technology now, it should be EASY!!! I don't know what's involved but it doesn't sound that difficult to me!

brilyntrip
Oct. 29, 2001, 02:04 PM
just about the CWAZIEST bunch of LOONIES he's ever seen huh?

gwen
Oct. 29, 2001, 02:07 PM
He'll get used to it!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually, he thinks I AM LOONY!!! He thinks everyone is just so nice! He loved being at the show! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gold Dust
Oct. 29, 2001, 02:38 PM
First off, it was great meeting you to Gwen and you did not make an a** out of yourself.You looked like you were having fun and that is what it is all about. Just as much as Jane, and she looked great too! Looks like those boots will spend more time on Jane and less time in the closet this year!!! A little chit-chat is always a good thig guys!

Now- other stuff. Janet-the absentee ballot thing really does not seem like it can be acurate. Anne has explained it to me and that is the only way she can do it. Nominations can come from the floor that night so if you are not there you can not vote for the 'orange' as you spoke. hmmmmmmmm... possible PHA bylaw change here??????

Points. A sore spot with all. Laura[LIHSAA president] was going to bring it up with Michael so hopefully we get an update date on next monday. The closer we get to the final month of showing the crankier all are getting[myself included] I have no idea weather to rest some of my horses or keep going. The dinner dance gets closer and closer and I see my job getting messier and messier. I know Michael is not happy about all these complaints but Michael[and I know you read this thread] please throw us a bone. We need a update please!!!

deleyer
Oct. 30, 2001, 03:30 AM
Hello everyone, I am just wondering if I have the date right for the election so to speak, is it Nov 5th? And of course what time and I think its still at that diner on Vets Hwy right? Hey dont want to miss it.. Well works out great for us, Andre and I have to be up that way in the late afternoon so we will defintely stop in. Its hard when you live 1 hour and 15 minutes each way to make those damn meetings. Deb get them to split the year and get them to move some of the meetings to Michelango's in Manorville. Then it could be a 45 minute drive for everyone and you would maybe get some more input at some of these meetings. Just and idea so lets not make this a new thread on the web. LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

timedjumpoff
Oct. 30, 2001, 04:38 AM
Please...gives us "Westerners" city folks
a break!!!!! We drive at least 1 hr. 15 min.
just to get to the barn. Even longer getting
back most days. And the diners are even good
out out way. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LURKNNOMORE
Oct. 30, 2001, 06:16 AM
I don't believe this to be a "lost cause", of course the concept of catchup ball is kind of lost-but my question is, Why does this man still have the job? Why can't someone else take over now?

M. O'Connor
Oct. 30, 2001, 07:45 AM
It seems that we heard alot from the "scorekeeper" way back during the great debate about the adoptation of the "top 20" system...after that concept couldn't be sold to the masses, and it was overturned, I haven't heard a THING--aside from a bit of rudeness when I e-mailed a question about the equitation divisions...I don't think there is any question about whether anyone is happy with the current state of affairs. Hopefully the new LIHSAA will be able to come up with a remedy for next year, and be able to salvage this year. It shouldn't be necessary to carry a notebook to every show and have everyone keep track of their own points as well as everyone else's.

LURKNNOMORE
Oct. 30, 2001, 09:49 AM
The thought had passed my mind that this dereliction in duties was somehow related to losing on the 20 show issue, but it seemed so childish and absurd. The upside is maybe there will be a few surprizes on the awards-downside, hope there is enough time to iron out errors.

Gold Dust
Oct. 30, 2001, 03:26 PM
I do believe this year will be salvaged. Just not being able to go or rest is the most frustrating to me. All will know where they stand, but just not soon enough for me, being one of the people in charge of seating at the dinner dance. The last minute calls from people who did not know they were getting an award and now wanting to attend made seating quite difficult. I see it worse this year for me, so there it is. To have someone take over at this point would not make for a speedier update I would think. The LIHSAA board is well aware how last year it made the year competitive and fun and most of all how much fun the kids had checking the web-site.[adults also] Hang on, next year is right around the corner. The show season has slowed down so hopefully an update will be quite soon. Remember we all laughed when we thought someone near and dear to me should keep track of points and his response was 'come to the dance and you'll know if you get a prize'. It very well may turn out to be true!! lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif At this point a little humor cann't hurt!! lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

As far as deleyers' comment about moving the meetings closer out east. How about your place deleyer? You could cook for us all too since you really are a great cook ad that is no lie people!

deleyer
Oct. 30, 2001, 04:17 PM
Well I appreciate the compliment Deb, But no thanks. Lets get together at your house, You are the only person I know that is excellent at making, Italian, Chinese, Amercian, Fish dinners etc, you name it you can make it. You can put it all together in a minute, thank god for frozen food and a microwave. LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Gold Dust
Oct. 30, 2001, 04:50 PM
JUST CALL ME MARTHA STEWART------ /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

brilyntrip
Oct. 31, 2001, 07:34 PM
bewly elected Pres of our LIHSaa emailed me about the points issue . She is continuing to put polite pressure in the right place in hopes we can get some activity !

LURKNNOMORE
Nov. 3, 2001, 03:06 PM
I just wish he would get it done. Should be interesting to see if he shows up at the meeting-did he go last month?

I have heard rumors that the Smoke Run show is being held at Mid-Island, any truth to this?

CrashTestDummy
Nov. 4, 2001, 06:32 AM
According to the AHSA (on their website), Smoke Run Farm shows are being held in Middle Island, I would assume that means the old Mid Island Arena. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Gold Dust
Nov. 4, 2001, 05:01 PM
Thank god,tomorrow we vote people. In case some of you forgot! I personally can not wait to end all this ridiculous politics and get down to the heart of the matter.... doing what's best for the PHA and its members! A group of people that will work together and have common goals is going to be the most important I feel.[keyword-work-TOGETHER] The future of the PHA is going to take hard work, and great ideas and the knowledge of what is important to all. I have heard some really great ideas throughout this and have heard some things that were pathetic! Let's vote-move on and take it from there~!!!!

Todays horseshow- Congrats Janet- you looked great walking out the ring with your cooler. And by the way-thanks again Dave for fixing my truck!!!
Karin-have fun in the judges seat today?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gwen
Nov. 5, 2001, 11:03 AM
Don't mean to interupt but this is the right place to get all of you....Do any of you know of any one bedroom apartments on Long Island anywhere???? We have to move out as soon as possible...it's a long story...we are having a hard time finding a place that can take a little kitty too!!! PLEASE HELP!!! Continue on with your important stuff!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sweet Pea
Nov. 6, 2001, 12:00 PM
Just spoke to George - the Smoke Run show on the 18th is being held at Touch 'N Go, not Mid Island.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CrashTestDummy
Nov. 7, 2001, 02:55 AM
SweetPea, thanks for the update! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

slainte!
Nov. 7, 2001, 06:55 PM
does anyone know where i can find north fork results online? the show was on long island in august....

thanks!