PDA

View Full Version : Texas Clique Come Forth

spaz
Mar. 18, 2001, 06:02 PM
OK I don't know about you guys, but every other clique has their own thread and I'm starting to feel left out. So anyways, how is everyone going?
Tell about horses, shows, pics, anything! I'll start by saying I hate this dang rain and I want it go away. Any other frustrations?

spaz
Mar. 18, 2001, 06:02 PM
OK I don't know about you guys, but every other clique has their own thread and I'm starting to feel left out. So anyways, how is everyone going?
Tell about horses, shows, pics, anything! I'll start by saying I hate this dang rain and I want it go away. Any other frustrations?

keke414
Mar. 18, 2001, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I have to drive too far to get to the barn.

strawberrykiwi
Mar. 18, 2001, 06:37 PM
Even though our ring now looks like a giant pond, it is the cold temps. that are really making me mad. I am freezing!!!!! Our mare is due to foal in a couple of weeks so we are all very nervous but excited. Good luck to everyone going to the Houston shows! We will be stuck here on foal watch. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jo
Mar. 18, 2001, 06:47 PM
Cold, rainy, long drive. Not ideal conditions for a ride, but I got a lot of horsey things accomplished with Langshaw today. Moved tack trunks, repaired blankets, cleaned out tack trunks.

Carrot3
Mar. 18, 2001, 08:05 PM
i will have red ready for that Centex show next weekend. I haven't ridden him for two weeks b/c he has been lame and now the rain. I HATE IIIIIIT! isnt Texas supposed to be bright and sunshiny and hot all the time? I couldn't wear shorts today and it is the middle of march

spaz
Mar. 18, 2001, 08:06 PM
Did you by any chance break my lock and clean out mine? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, I forgot about the too-long-of-drive. That doesn't really help when I can't even drive and my parents have to drive me out there, wait for me to ride 2 horses, then drive me back. All in all, it's about a 5 hour "vacation." It's times like these I'm ready to get up and move to Manor...but then not.

OK let's think POSITIVE things now...good things about Texas? Blue Bell Ice Cream and cowboys at the Rodeo...'nuff said.

Carrot3
Mar. 18, 2001, 08:06 PM
By the way... who all is going to that and what are you showing in?

spaz
Mar. 18, 2001, 08:11 PM
I shall be there /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Showing in green, YNP and 2'6" Medal baby! I'm hoping I can just quallify at this show and make my life alot easier...this time I won't add a stride in the finals either, I promise!

What are you showing in Carrot3? Jumpers right?

spaz
Mar. 18, 2001, 08:15 PM
By the way, where is Langshaw? She hasn't emailed me ALL DAY! Do you think she *gasp* has a life?!

Jo
Mar. 18, 2001, 08:26 PM
Langshaw is sans-computer on the weekends. Trust me, if you're on a network, dial up is way too slow to tolerate...

spaz
Mar. 18, 2001, 08:33 PM
Oh yes, I forgot. I used to have AOL, that was probably worse than anything! Thank god for RoadRunner /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MsRidiculous
Mar. 18, 2001, 11:28 PM
Well.... Where to start?

My horsey is doing well. He'd be better if it'd quit freakin raining!

I might show next weekend. Maybe not. It all depends. I'll at least get on Charlie and flat him in some classes. If he's good I might try the CT Medal, but only if it doesn't look to scary. And if he's good about that and the jumpers aren't too intimidating, we'll do a class or two. Nothing major. I'm just gonna see what happens.

Oh yeah, and my horse leaves for the new barn either Sat or Sun. Sooner than expected, but the Bedoyas are headed to Pin Oak for two weeks, so it's this weekend or never. I'm excited! We went out there today to look at what stalls they're gonna be in, talk to Mr. Bedoya, all that good stuff. All systems are go! Lets just hope good fortune stays on our side... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-Amanda

Nickelodian
Mar. 19, 2001, 06:12 AM
Yay for Ms. Rid, I bet you can't wait!

Went and picked up Carson Sat. He ran all night long and into the next morning before it started raining! He is sooo much happier already! I hope to show Adults, Low and Medal. But at this rate (with the rain) I'm really not sure! I am going to go lunge him today.

Yes no computer on the weekend, besides, I wouldn't get your emails anyway I'm not at WORK when I am at home!

jumpen
Mar. 19, 2001, 07:27 AM
I'm at work when I post, so I can't exactly post frequently. I'm taking my green guy to Spring Gathering this week. We'll do the schooling jumpers and the adult jumpers. Should be interesting. I'm making a come back after about 7 years. Shall we say a tad rusty...but of course I'm my own worst critic!! I spend between 3-4 hours a day in my car between work and the barn. I leave at 6:30 in the morning and get home around 10 at night. If there's a will there's a way, right? I don't have pictures yet, and I lost all of my childhood/junior pictures in a fire about 6 years ago. Still makes me sick. I'll try to get some this week. What barns do you all ride at...I think I'm looking for a new home.
Good luck to all!1 /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by jumpen on Mar. 19, 2001 at 11:58 AM.]

spaz
Mar. 19, 2001, 08:41 AM
MissRid- Well at least you will have an indoor barn! (right? Or am I wrong...)

Langshaw- I might go out today, to ride in the grassy little arena. It looks sunny now, so I will probably go out around 3ish. So you are showing Carson in the show? Or Nine? So confusing, so confusing...

Nickelodian
Mar. 19, 2001, 08:46 AM
Spaz- Why aren't you in school today??? NOOOO go out around 5ish so we can ride in grass ring together!

spaz
Mar. 19, 2001, 09:00 AM
OK /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Our spring break is still on until tomorrow...noooo! Even IF I was walking through the house yelling "I'M BORED!" all day yesterday, I still like the whole no-school idea /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

spaz
Mar. 19, 2001, 09:49 AM
So what's up with your barn situation? And is it Wally you are selling? I'm sorry. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

MsRidiculous
Mar. 19, 2001, 09:50 AM
spaz- nope, no indoor yet. Give it a few months and there will be, tho. But my horsey will get turned out everyday! And his stall has a run so he can walk outside whenever he wants to. You have no idea how exciting this is to me. Charlie will be so happy!

Langshaw- I'm so glad you finally got Carson. Both for his sake and for yours. Glad to hear he's happy now. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Amanda

spaz
Mar. 19, 2001, 09:55 AM
Congradulations MissRid! So are you going to the Centex show this week? I don't know if I already asked you...

Stars
Mar. 19, 2001, 10:06 AM
Hey Texas people. Do you all know what tomorrow is? The first day of spring!! Yea!

Everyone have fun at Houston, I will be skipping it this year, my horses are not ready. Is anyone going to the Las Colinas shows in May?

spaz
Mar. 19, 2001, 10:18 AM
Tomorrow's Spring? We have a SPRING? Yay! One day in the 80's, and then we go straight to the 90's!

MsRidiculous
Mar. 19, 2001, 10:18 AM
Thanks. Just one more week! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'll definately be at the show. It's kinda hard to escape it since its at my barn and all. I'll more than likely ride. I'll probably do the junior hunter u/s and the junior eq flat. If he's good in those, I might do the 3' medal. If he's good about that, I'll try a jumper class or two. I'm just gonna try to decide as I go. If he feels at all like he's backing off the jumps or isn't really paying attention, I'll just stick with some flat classes. It's good experience for him to just be in the ring and relaxing. The only reason I wouldn't show at all would be if his estimated time of departure to Manor interefered somehow, but thats not likely.

Hey, if you see me come say hi. I'll be near the special beginner ring most of the morning probably (hopefully I won't get stuck paddocking again /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ). And if you can't find me, my horsey is in the barn on the right side. His stall plate says Charlie Brown. Big bay, kinda grouchy. Ya can't miss him! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif lol. I don't really know what I'll be wearing (thats way too far in advance for my mind to think), but Langshaw knows who I am so you can always ask her.

-Amanda

spaz
Mar. 19, 2001, 11:47 AM
I LIKE being paddock master, LOL. I guess I'm just weird like that...

I've seen a Charlie Brown before. I used to have a friend that was a KBF...she had a horse named Northern Spy, I don't want to say her name online. Come say hi to me if you see me, I'm kinda hard to miss...white horse, might have gray spots by then, 15.2ish and stocky. I'll be showing in the YNP/Green ring.

relocatedTXjumpr
Mar. 19, 2001, 12:18 PM
amanda, making the move out to manor huh, thats great! have you met Jackie Luizzi? she has two horses out there, bailey and rudy. shes my old trainer, shes great!

Portia
Mar. 19, 2001, 12:32 PM
Stars, we'll be doing the first week of Las Colinas in May. All the kids have finals just after the second week, so we won't be staying for it.

hunterprincez
Mar. 19, 2001, 12:50 PM
I just got back from Austin and boy was it fun. I got to stay for Spring Break which would have been even better if it had not rained and been 50 degrees half the time. We went to the rodeo on Sat. and I got soooo sick on one of the rides. We decided we had heard enough of Willie Nelson to last a lifetime so we went to the rides. We rode on a scary one and then went on this dinky one that just spun around. Well, because there was nobody in line after us the ride operator thought he was being nice by keeping the ride going while a new line built up. We were on this thing for like 5 min spinning around and around and around. When it finally stopped I was so dizzy and sick to my stomach I just knew I was going to barf right then and there. We made it back to our seats and had to sit and listen to Willie awhile longer. Ugh!! When it was finally over we had to walk all the way around the ring to the other side to get out. My stomach protested the whole way as we were walking I was telling myself "You are not going to barf right here in front of all these people" over and over again. Plus as we were leaving some really drunk nasty old cowboy wannabe grabbed my butt!! The best part was we went in Domonie's brand new truck she had gotten the day b4 and all the way home she was threatening me within an inch of my life if I barfed in her new truck. I made it home ok and we all had to get up at the butt crack of dawn to ride b4 the rain hit on Sunday. We failed and had to ride in it anyway. Well that was an account of my Sprink Break. Hope everyone has fun at Houston or the Centex show whereever you go. I will be at home waitng for my mare to have her baby!
~Sara~

[This message was edited by hunterprincez on Mar. 19, 2001 at 06:14 PM.]

Mar. 19, 2001, 01:10 PM
It's cool here, it was COLD this weekend...

I'm just getting ready to sell my horse in the summer, meanwhile looking at barns... grr /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

- Kahlua -
pix (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1521322)

Carrot3
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:25 PM
We are selling chance and teddy and we are getting rid of Texas too. I can't believe it! Now when people ask how many horses i have, i will say something somewhat normal like 4! AHHHHHH! Im excited, if i get to ride before saturday, i am showing in Centex Medal, Low, Juniors, and Jumpers. Dont worry langshaw, i wont be doing any flat classes since this will all be on red.

spaz
Mar. 19, 2001, 02:43 PM
HunterPrincez- Oh my god! I went to the Rodeo so much last week...was it the ride that started with an E? Experience, Extreme, something like that. It goes around, up-side down, twisting, turning, BARF! I never get sick on rides, but that one I had to sit down on after. And then my friends and I were all deathly afraid of the Ferris Wheel...scary.
Oh the joys of drunk cowboy-wannabes.

spaz
Mar. 19, 2001, 03:09 PM
Where are all the other Texan-ers? I know there are more...

hunterprincez
Mar. 19, 2001, 03:42 PM
Spaz,
The first ride we went on was the Extreme. It was fun. I thought that would be the one to make me sick but noooo, I get sick on the little dinky kiddie ride hehe.

Jo
Mar. 19, 2001, 04:20 PM
I have zero sympathy for anyone who is complaining about the rides at the rodeo unless they went on the *special* (like Spaz puts it) one where you get strapped into this thing that is attached to bungee cords, then pull you back and let you go... EEK! I have a video, I wonder if there's any way to get it on the computer... it's quite humorous. You can hear me screaming my head off and my friend Lucas is just laughing...

spaz
Mar. 19, 2001, 05:30 PM
Haha, when I went you could hear the people cussing on the mikes! It was hilarious /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I would NEVER get on that ride though, you are much too brave Jo.

Hunterprincez- Where do you ride? I'm taking it you are from the Austin-ish area?

hunterprincez
Mar. 19, 2001, 07:53 PM
Spaz,
I ride with Donna Cheney at Step Aside Farm and Domonie Schiff at Elsewhere Farm in Elgin. I live in San Antonio now, but will be moving to Houston this summer.
Jo, I really wanted to go on the bungee thing but since I only had $25 to spend total I was a little strapped for cash. Plus it was raining and I know with my luck I would get struck by lighting as I was shot into the air. LOL:)

spaz
Mar. 19, 2001, 08:11 PM
Is Step Aside the one with all the ponies? If so, I know alot of the kids there.

MsRidiculous
Mar. 19, 2001, 08:56 PM
Spaz- Yeah, I know the person you're talking about that owned Spy. Oddly enough, I ran into her at the Green Day concert in Jan. Small world. Anyways, if I see you I'll definately say hi. Be forewarned, tho: getting up early combined with the horse show atmosphere really really kills my attentiveness. You could walk right by me and I probably wouldn't realize it for at least 15 minutes. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

beccam- yeah, I'm making the move, finally. I'm very excited. I haven't met anyone out there yet, really. The atmosphere seems nice and relaxed and friendly, tho. A definate change for the better, IMO.

-Amanda

Jo
Mar. 19, 2001, 09:19 PM
Hunter, be glad you didn't. My head got so whipped around I couldn't move the next day. This includes my riding lesson two days later, when I couldn't do hardly ANYTHING because it felt like two pieces of bone in my spine were griding against each other...

strawberrykiwi
Mar. 20, 2001, 09:08 AM
hunterprincez (sara)- If I had been there I would have gladly paid the $25 to see you shot into the air, of course I would have had to hear you complain about how horrible it was and how your neck hurt for the next fifty years..... LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CTT
Mar. 20, 2001, 09:09 AM
Hey was out of town guys. as far as me im pritty mutch a non active rider in these parts of the woods. will be up in the FW (actualy Grandview) area for the second weekend of Las Calinas. might be up for the first weekend too. have no clue yet though. otherwise the most active I am now with going to shows is the xmass and thanksgiveing show. thats just because I live 5 minuiets on the other side of the highway. well got to run see you all soon.

DudleyDog
Mar. 20, 2001, 12:48 PM
Hey guys-
Im here...however I went to Florida for a week and just got back....
Hey Scattered Oaks guys-I'm planning on having a lesson with Stacy on Thursday. She is supposed to call me back with a time. Who do you think I will ride?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif
When is the Centex show? I would love to go watch, unfortunatly its prolly this weekend and I am going to Beaumont. Oh well!

Erin
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1152416&a=8466152

Nickelodian
Mar. 20, 2001, 01:45 PM
My best guess on who you will ride will be Gracie or Timmy. By far the best "lesson" horses. Are you riding morning or evening? If in the evening I will see you there!! Yes the show is this Sat. It is really to bad you can't come, I have already recruited Jo to be my horse holder/groom. Oh Yes, I WILL convince her!!!!!!!! Muhahahahahahaha

spaz
Mar. 20, 2001, 02:20 PM
My day is made: Friday is supposed to be 80 degrees! You don't know HOW happy that makes me, I was so afraid I was going to be forced to go to the show with an over-curried/brushed-but-still-dirty-horse! Oh, and Saturday is supposed to be 72 and sunny /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OK I admit it. I'm a weather nerd /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nickelodian
Mar. 20, 2001, 02:31 PM
Spaz, when are you going out Friday? I'll be there at 4:30, to make grungy ponies look pretty for the horse show! (I have my work cut out for me!)

spaz
Mar. 20, 2001, 02:40 PM
Probably right after school...what poor ponies are you going to make un-grungy?

Jo
Mar. 20, 2001, 04:42 PM
I. Am. Not. Holding. Your. Horse. Get Spaz to do it, you have already brainwashed her into being your protege.

Erin, you should ride with me on Friday mornings. It's an oh-so-fun lesson of crossrails /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

spaz
Mar. 20, 2001, 07:59 PM
All hail Langshaw...Langshaw is god...

Geesh Jo, I don't know WHAT you're talking about! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jo
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:05 PM
You are sick. Get your own identity. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

spaz
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:13 PM
'Twas a joke Jo. I have an identity...a LIFE on the other hand, now that's another question.

Dudly Dog- if you go out, please say hi to my horse (Sky)! He would be in his stall, first one on the left when you walk in...he's very sweet /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jo
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:23 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Say hi to Chelsea, she's in the second to last stall on the right. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

spaz
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:32 PM
Why the faces Jo?

Jo
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:38 PM
I can't talk to you, no personal conversations online. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

spaz
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:42 PM
Oops sorry. Oh wait, maybe if we sneak over the the 50 page Question for Canter thread... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jo
Mar. 20, 2001, 08:44 PM
ROFLMFAO...

Nickelodian
Mar. 21, 2001, 06:12 AM
How could spaz ever hold my horse when she is riding hers? That would make for an amusement at least.

Spaz PLEASE remind me to do your pony's mane. I'll never remember other wise!

DudleyDog
Mar. 21, 2001, 12:08 PM
Too bad I am going to Beaumont this weekend to see family (thats why I cant ride Friday Jo ) otherwise *I* would hold Sierra!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Well, I called Stacey yesterday and left a message with who ever answered and she has not called back yet. I will call again in a minute when I'm offline.
Langshaw-perhaps I will see you then because if she can, I asked for afternoonish, evenings. (I work late so Im not a fan of the morning sun!)

Erin

Nickelodian
Mar. 21, 2001, 12:22 PM
You see dudley, you should hang around more! Sierra is out with suspensory injury for 6 months!!!!!! I have a new horse named Carson....see all of the black horse threads! We'll get you to hang around more some way.

And Jo, at least we know who the helpful people in this world are!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by langshaw on Mar. 21, 2001 at 03:29 PM.]

Carrot3
Mar. 21, 2001, 02:52 PM
My life long dream will come true this weekend. Red has an absess, so i am showing coby. What is his show name? I daydreamed in science for ever thinking of a name..... never came. OHHHHHH, guess what! i get to board bogey at stacies! whoooooooopieeeeeee. He gets to come up pretty soon, i think, but then again, every time i get told he is coming, something changes. Who are you dudley? am i blind and just missing who you are? i have a bad habit of doing that

Nickelodian
Mar. 21, 2001, 02:55 PM
Dudley is not an official Scattered Oaksian yet.

Cobi's show name is Cobito, it means Little Midget in Spanish.

spaz
Mar. 21, 2001, 02:58 PM
Aren't midgets already little? I mean, how little would a LITTLE midget be?

I'm bored, amuse me.

spaz
Mar. 21, 2001, 06:25 PM
I always thought we were Scattered OakERS...

Still bored, and not yet amused.

Jo- on your cake, what about vanilla and fudge frosting?

Jo
Mar. 21, 2001, 06:31 PM
Works for me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

spaz
Mar. 21, 2001, 07:33 PM
OK good cause that's what I got. But you didn't hear it from me... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I emailed you back with a question, check your email and email me back with an answer! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jo
Mar. 21, 2001, 07:45 PM
Uhhh I think it might have gotten deleted? E-mail me again...

spaz
Mar. 21, 2001, 07:57 PM
There, I sent it. I think.

[This message was edited by spaz00 on Mar. 21, 2001 at 11:15 PM.]

Jo
Mar. 21, 2001, 08:02 PM
Shhh, don't tell that to everybody! Edit your message!

Lamanda
Mar. 21, 2001, 08:53 PM
I just wanted to say hi to all the Texas people /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm going to the two Pin Oaks with Mandy (L'Amanda) to do the Children's Jumpers. Romeo was going to go do the Modified Jrs., but he had a hot nail and now is off until Monday. Somehow two days just isn't enough to get him ready...grrr... Oh, and I'm in San Antonio by the way.

Later /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Chris

http://members.spree.com/sports/lamanda/home.htm

Nickelodian
Mar. 22, 2001, 06:22 AM
Lamanda- Nothing is more off topic than a random barn discussion!

DudleyDog
Mar. 22, 2001, 09:46 AM
Langshaw-Yes, as you can see I am very left behind on the barn business....I saw black horse threads but just thought was a 'side' project! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Hi Carrot-
I am Erin. Havent ridden out there yet but plan too. Are you out there also?

Erin

strawberrykiwi
Mar. 22, 2001, 10:10 AM
Lamanda- Good luck at Pin Oak. Isn't it a BEAUTIFUL day in San Antonio?!! I think a couple of horses at my house may be getting a good bath this afternoon!

spaz
Mar. 22, 2001, 02:06 PM
Lamanda- Where are you from? San Antonio?

DudleyDog- (Today is Thursday)Did you ride out there yet?

Jo
Mar. 22, 2001, 02:12 PM
Ugh, too many enchiladas............ /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Nickelodian
Mar. 22, 2001, 03:03 PM
If only I could cook.....

Jo
Mar. 22, 2001, 04:30 PM
I am a master chef, didn't you know?

DudleyDog
Mar. 22, 2001, 04:51 PM
Hey Spaz...
No, I didnt ride today. Apparently Stacie booked too many riders in the lesson (I think it ended up being 6?) So, she called me and suggested that I reschedule, which is better if you guys are all trying to get ready for a horse show!
I now am riding in a private at 500 on Wednesday. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Erin

spaz
Mar. 22, 2001, 05:05 PM
Enchiladas? What?

Oy, I just had a softball game...without warming up. And I was catcher. Oh well, we won /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (just thought ya'll should know!)

I'm so happy, my stirrups finally came! And they are only a week and a half late...

Carrot3
Mar. 22, 2001, 05:44 PM
Another new person! soooo exciting. I ride with stacie, too. Can't wait to meet you! do you have a horse? I am reeeeeeeally board , so i am just talkin to myself over here in bb land!

Jo
Mar. 22, 2001, 05:50 PM
I am eating an orange. (Hey, everybody else got to have random throughts.)

spaz
Mar. 22, 2001, 06:02 PM
I am eating pizza and now have a craving for a Cadburry Egg thanks to that stupid comercial...

spaz
Mar. 22, 2001, 06:06 PM
I just realized Lamanda said she was from San Antonio and the next post I asked her where she was from...stupid spaz!

Carrot3
Mar. 24, 2001, 03:30 PM
Now that you have all seen Bogey, do you think he is able to do hunter/jumper type shows? I am sooooooo mad about the rain! The show would have been fine if they had just postponed it for an hour or two. When i got home from getting half way to Kingsbridge, i slept till 1 in the afternoon.

spaz
Mar. 24, 2001, 04:13 PM
Grrr I know! I spent ALL that time cleaning up Sky too...

Of course, I realized 3/4 of the way home that I brought my tack but not my cleaner, so I'm sure it is not 100% bad...just 99.999999% bad.

Carrot3, I'm sure Bogey will do fine /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jo
Mar. 24, 2001, 04:37 PM
I wanted my cake. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Stars
Mar. 24, 2001, 04:38 PM
Is it me, or are all Texas people a little strange? I know I am!

spaz
Mar. 24, 2001, 04:49 PM
We aren't strange...we're different. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OK Jo, I ate your cake. But I will give you another one next week at the show. I promise! (This one wasn't too good either, so no big loss right?)

Jo
Mar. 24, 2001, 09:16 PM
I. Am. Never. Talking. To. You. Again. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MsRidiculous
Mar. 24, 2001, 11:26 PM
Actually, it rained really really hard at KBF for a few hours. The brown ring was completely under water and there were several puddles in the fields. There's no way we could've had the show today. I was a little.. ahem, PERTERBED about the whole thing because I had to wake my lazy @ss up at 5:30 in the morning to go out there, but all I did was sit in the office for two hours and tell people that the show's postponed until next Saturday. That wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been at the barn until 1:30 the night before schooling (which went awesome, BTW), clipping, and pulling Charlie's mane. *sigh* All that effort for nuthin. Since this show got rained out, I won't be able to show until July. That really really really sucks. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Plus I more than likely won't be at the show next weekend so I won't get to meet any of you guys. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

-Amanda

Carrot3
Mar. 25, 2001, 07:27 AM
I always forget how far away kingsbridge is. It only rained for like 10 minutes at my place(where when it rains, it turns the ground to soup) so i guess we got lucky. I went out to stacie's and rode at like noon.Is anyone going to ride on sunday or will i be all by my lonesome with my mom at the barn again?

spaz
Mar. 25, 2001, 07:41 AM
I'm going out today!!! Around noonish I think...to ride Blue and Sky.

MissRid- why can't you show until July?

Jo
Mar. 25, 2001, 08:34 AM
I'm going out, I am leaving in about a half hour. I'm not sure how LONG I will be out there, but... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Miss Rid, why can't you show? Oh, I bet you are moving next weekend, that's why... Maybe you could stay until Sunday...? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MsRidiculous
Mar. 25, 2001, 08:58 AM
i can't show because i'm leaving kbf in, oh, two hours give or take. So my first shows of the season will end up being the summer circuits. Then after that the final centex. That's probably it for me this year. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif So much for getting lots of points in jumpers.

-Amanda

Jo
Mar. 25, 2001, 09:00 AM
Does Manor not do Cen Tex? I thought they did, I saw DANIEL BEDOYA at a KBF Cen Tex show when I first moved down here.

MsRidiculous
Mar. 25, 2001, 09:16 AM
they do, but not a whole lot of them. They go if they aren't at an A show or about to leave for one. But I'm having to find a job to pay for some of Charlie's expenses, so I really won't have enough money to show for a few months.

-Amanda

Jo
Mar. 25, 2001, 09:18 AM
MsRid, you can have my job. I've been trying to quit for about two months now... They just won't let me go. I was supposed to go for an interview on Friday but the guy didn't show up. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Any Austin people want to give me an internship for the summer? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

spaz
Mar. 25, 2001, 09:20 AM
You're a "school slave" right? So am I. Except I don't even get paid! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Jo
Mar. 25, 2001, 09:22 AM
I get paid. Barely. Most of it goes to taxes, the rest of it goes for gas to and from the barn. So I wish everybody would quit asking me why I don't show, I can't afford it! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Carrot3
Mar. 25, 2001, 01:50 PM
laaaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaaallaaaaaaa
aaaaalllalalallalallalalaallalalalal i think i am all alone here! llllllallllllllllalalaaaaaaalalalala
lalaaaaaaaaaaaalalalalalllllll.................... ...........

Jo, thanks for giving me a wonderfully LONG course to do! just making conversation. I think we need to post alot and make a world record for the longest bb post. k?

llllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalalala
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaalala
lalaaaaaaaalalallllllllll.

Guess what! If i win a few hunter classes at the QH shows, my qh trianer is going to let me start showing trail........

LALLALALLLALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLALALAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLAAAAAAAAAAAAAALALALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Alright-e then. Chelsea is soooooooo cute. So is sky and carson is pretty. He I S NOT UGLY!

LLLLAAAAAaaaalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaalall
lllllllllllalslslaaaaaaaaasdkf;llaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaa.

BUH BYE!

Carrot3
Mar. 25, 2001, 01:53 PM
OH YA! Ms Ridiculous, what is your horses show name? I will know who you are if i know his/her name. I know everyone by their horse. Know what i ,mean?

MsRidiculous
Mar. 25, 2001, 03:01 PM
Carrot- My horse is 17h, plain bay. His show name is Charlie Brown.

-Amanda

spaz
Mar. 25, 2001, 03:07 PM
Carrot, the record is 52 pages long at the time, and still going strong. And Jo and I happen to make fun of that thread too...so if you want to go for it, go for it LOL.

spaz
Mar. 25, 2001, 04:28 PM
About how my head hurts!!! Grrr I've already had 6 Advils today too...stupid drugs.

Langshaw, that would have been a good pic too! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jo
Mar. 25, 2001, 04:32 PM
Spaz, be careful about how much Advil you take. You don't want to wind up like me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Carrot, no problem. Wait til I'm around when you're on Red. Muhahahaha.

spaz
Mar. 25, 2001, 04:38 PM
You can never take my Advil away from me...never! (as I cling on to the bottle looking at the screen with my black, beady eyes and an evil-but-scared look on face)

Mar. 25, 2001, 04:56 PM
Do be careful,

Too much ibuprofen can lead to kidney problems.

HMMMMmmmmm--take it with cranberry juice!!!

Jo
Mar. 25, 2001, 05:01 PM
Yeah Spaz, don't be like me with the economy sized Ibuprofen bottle in your car.

spaz
Mar. 25, 2001, 08:08 PM
LOL Jo, one word: Sam's. My family buys in bulk /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jo
Mar. 25, 2001, 08:16 PM
Yeah that's where I get lots of stuff. I had to get another bottle at WalMart the other night when I was out with the boy, and somehow they forgot to charge me... I got a CD, and they charged me for that, but not the Ibuprofen. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nickelodian
Mar. 26, 2001, 06:14 AM
Bleh what a horrible sunday, my dream is to have a horse that is sound!

Carrot- Bogey is super cute he'll do well.

Jo- Can't wait for Ms. Chelsea welsie to go to the show!

Spaz- Sorry about your head, you didn't need those brains cells any ways.

Ms. Rid- How are the new digs???????????

Damn I wish I had a computer on the weekends. Or at least a computer that I could actually tolerate being online with.

Stars
Mar. 26, 2001, 02:00 PM
Well its supposed to be another terrible week here in north Texas. Can't ride, too wet, and too cold. I guess I'll be pulling manes and triming wiskers. What will everyone else be doing?

--By the way, Lone Star Park will be opening up next week for the TB races. Can't wait.

Shay Darra
Mar. 26, 2001, 02:54 PM
Stars - too bad you're not in the Houston area. Weather here has been perfect for riding. This past weekend was divine. Even got some sunburn on the neck. With Daylight Savings starting on Sunday, those of us with no lights are getting excited about 7 day a week riding - finally!

Hang in there!

jumpen
Mar. 26, 2001, 02:57 PM
Don't have much to say....Just wanted to add another page to your mission.
I ended up scratching last week and just schooling my guy every day. It was a great experience!. I saw Porche go in the Schooling Jumpers. What a beautiful horse! Hope everyone has a good week!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

spaz
Mar. 26, 2001, 06:05 PM
Grrr my head STILL hurts, and I just had a softball game where I caught a VERY FAST ball with the hand that WASN'T in the glove, and I broke a toenail because the pitcher threw a ground ball at me while I wasn't looking (I'm catcher). Oh the pain, but OH! Tylenol...

Too true Langshaw, who needs those dang brain cells anyways? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DudleyDog
Mar. 26, 2001, 08:51 PM
Yeah, it was nice in Beaumont this whole weekend! I was thinking about you guys at the show, thinking it would be the same weather......
Well, with luck it IS supposed to be nice this weekend, rain on Tuesday and Wednesday, but after that clear skies....

Erin

Nickelodian
Mar. 27, 2001, 06:20 AM
Go Rain Go!!!!! The forcast I saw this morning had a chance of rain through Sat. (I know I know every one else wants it to happen, but me)

Jo
Mar. 27, 2001, 06:43 AM
I love the rain, I'm glad I went to ride yesterday and decided to work today (even though I'm SLEEPY!). I don't want it to rain this weekend, if they move the show again I might not be able to go. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Carrot3
Mar. 27, 2001, 02:13 PM
We dont want rain! I want to show THIS weekend! When would they reschedule it to anyways?

Nickelodian
Mar. 27, 2001, 02:36 PM
Rain Rain Rain Rain!!!!!!!!! Carson is better from swollen leg thing but very doubtful for this weekend. They would reschedule it for some time later, could be much later in the year could be next weekend its all up to management.

Carrot3
Mar. 27, 2001, 03:43 PM
OK, ok, it can rain as long as it ISNT next weekend. That would ruin 'plans'.

spaz
Mar. 27, 2001, 04:46 PM
You learn to hate rain after you are running to the portables without a jacket in sandals. And then your stupid Spanish teacher counts you LATE because the stupid 6th graders were blocking the ramp...

Boy, I'm really into the whole complaining thing this week now aren't I? Oh yeah, my head STILL hurts...is that normal?

Stars
Mar. 27, 2001, 05:58 PM
It's a tumor!

spaz
Mar. 27, 2001, 06:04 PM
Oy, I hope not! That would be bad...I don't think hitting you're head on a standard on your way down from falling could cause a tumor though, do you? Poor Spaz is having the worst of luck this week /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

(Still wish I had that pic Langshaw /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

Jo
Mar. 27, 2001, 06:24 PM
You probably have a concussion. Has your mom been checking your pupils?

spaz
Mar. 27, 2001, 06:31 PM
Nope...but didn't we check at the barn? Can they kick in later?

Jo
Mar. 27, 2001, 06:40 PM
Yup!

Nickelodian
Mar. 28, 2001, 06:21 AM
Sounds like un concussion to me. You were dizzy after falling off....

Carrot3
Mar. 28, 2001, 02:36 PM
What does a concusion feel like?

Nickelodian
Mar. 28, 2001, 02:43 PM
Like your brain is all defuddled and cloudy. Everything around you is kinda in a haze, and you notice that your thoughts come alot slower than they normally do.

Well maybe Spaz lives in this world already, so I'm not sure how it would feel for her....
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

spaz
Mar. 28, 2001, 02:49 PM
You took the words out of my mouth Langshaw.

I'm going to the doctor soon, after I almost went home today because my head still hurt. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif My only request for my next horse is one that goes OVER jumps, no matter what spot. That's all I ask for. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nickelodian
Mar. 28, 2001, 03:02 PM
Good luck on finding that horse......

I really don't think the spot was that bad, he just thought he might be able to get away with it and was right. Maybe its time to think of training rides with Stacie. The best situation would be either when you or I is out there to set jumps for her. Or, I'll get on him when you're out there next time if you want me to....

spaz
Mar. 28, 2001, 03:05 PM
Hmm...how does Friday sound?

strawberrykiwi
Mar. 28, 2001, 03:16 PM
Hey Guys!!! My sister's horse had her baby this morning at 10:15a.m. It was the most stressful, horrible, exciting, and wonderful thing. My sister was at school and she drove home like a crazy person and missed it by like 5 minutes! The baby is so cute and super friendly. Please go check out her picture on the hunter breeding forum (the post is listed under my sister's screen name hunterprincez). /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

spaz
Mar. 28, 2001, 03:30 PM
I try to stay away from that board, it makes me want a foal /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But I'll go check it out!

Update on my head: I had a mini test over the phone with my doctor and he said to close your eyes and touch you nose...I touched my forehead. I'm going in later this week.

Jo
Mar. 28, 2001, 03:34 PM
Spaz, I personally wouldn't wait any longer to go the doctor. It's already been longer than a couple of days, concussions and other head injuries are NOT something you want to mess with. If I were you, I'd go to the ER, and that's saying a lot because I HATE doctors.

DudleyDog
Mar. 28, 2001, 03:54 PM
Any word on the horse show guys? Obviously I missed my lesson today because of weather. Too bad Saturday, right now, is the only day that I can make up the lesson and I'm wondering if that is still the CenTex day! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Erin

Jo
Mar. 28, 2001, 04:09 PM
I think Langshaw said that they weren't cancelling it... Hopefully we'll get some sun the rest of the week! I can't really remember exactly what she said, that was between my boss yelling at me and my water bottle exploding in my backpack and ruining all of my notes for two major classes................