PDA

View Full Version : Native American Warbloods - when to start jumping?

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:06 PM
OK - I know there are several of us out there with Native American Warmbloods. We know they are a lot tougher than the normal TB....stronger, bigger bones, and mature quicker.

Question - is it OK to start jumping my baby over 1' little x-rails???

What about the 3 year old division? Is 2'6" too high to jump a 3 yr old NAW?

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:06 PM
OK - I know there are several of us out there with Native American Warmbloods. We know they are a lot tougher than the normal TB....stronger, bigger bones, and mature quicker.

Question - is it OK to start jumping my baby over 1' little x-rails???

What about the 3 year old division? Is 2'6" too high to jump a 3 yr old NAW?

Bumpkin
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:15 PM
Colin are you getting antsy???? haha

I wish I could help you, our Native American Warmblood, Poncho, is 17 years old, and just started jumping last year, hehe.

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:26 PM
Hey, Moose....the question wasn't meant to be that complicated - i.e., a simple two sentence answer would have been just fine.....

Although I realize the "details" were meant in good faith, we're talking about the NAW here....

Did the indians wait for their horses to be 6 years old before they started chasing buffalo on them?

I don't think so......

Is jumping a 1' cross rail really "jumping" (i.e., requiring athletic ability).... I don't think so.

Hummmm....just some thoughts!

VTrider
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:29 PM
I think a 3 year old NAW can jump 2'6" just fine. Think about all the rock breaks, trees, dead soldiers and camp fires they had to jump (over/through). Your 3 year old NAW may laugh at a brush box or fake rock wall!!

[This message has been edited by VTrider (edited 11-22-2000).]

Inverness
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:30 PM
Only you would have a Native American "Warblood," Colin.

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:34 PM
Hey, Iverness....my NAW is really quite FANCY! He's coming 3 in January, is already 15.3 1/2 H, is mahogany bay with a token white patch on each side of his belly.

The most darling head you've ever seen - a really good mover - and looks like a TB (beautiful neck) except has big bones on his legs like a QH. Vet says his knees are closed and OK to jump small stuff.

My NAW is a product of back yard Utah breeding!

Stallion: Black and white tobiano paint. Very well bred - About 15.1h, and very "cowy"

Mare: Bay Appendix QH. Generic - about 15.1h

Somehow, my NAW got most of his genes from his mother's TB lines....which is just fine with me!

Best of both worlds....TB FANCY look; QH SANE mind!

tle
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:41 PM
Ok, I'm bored... I'm really not trying to start a flame war, but what on earth? I have never heard of an NAW. Is this some kind of "we gotta have the WB in the name in order to 'be somebody'" movement? For example, I knew someone with a nice (not great, but nice) Swedish WB cross mare (the dam was pretty much of unknown origin except that they thought she was at least PART QH), but they simply HAD to register and show her as an American WB. Why can't a horse be called exactly what it is... in this case a QH/Paint cross.

And to answer your question, NO! Just because something was done way back when doesn't mean it was the right thing to do! We used to put kids to work in factories when they were 10 too. I'm not as conservative as the article posted above, but I still wouldn't do any jumping (let alone 2'6") until 4... period.

[This message has been edited by training level eventer (edited 11-22-2000).]

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moose:
Yo colin,

I've started horses at two so I ain't innocent, you just happened to post at the same time I received a "lengthy" e-mail on the subject, pointing out NAW's, if you mean quarter horses, as being one of the biggest victims.

Just food for thought to clog up your thread!!

I didn't join in on your tack nose band thread so what the heck....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo Moose - the NAW isn't just a QH.....it's an indian pony....(aka mutt; paint; pinto; whatever)..heheheh!

The Tack noseband thread was one of my best accomplishments - it made history! I can't believe you didn't join in! To be a part of such a controversial topic...wow!!!!

I will never forget...that thread is where DevilDog and I bonded! Where Erin almost had a heart attack.....

Portia
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:46 PM
TLE, I think Colin is being her usual tongue-in-cheek self with the "Native American Warmblood" designation. At least, I sure hope so! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:47 PM
Hey there, Training Level Eventer -- I can't believe you haven't heard of the Native American Warmblood Association! It's getting BIG!!!!

While I appreciate your 4 year old theory, I don't believe it....I mean, I won the VHSA Adult Medal Finals on a 4 yr old OTTB.....that I started as a 3 yr old....that is about 10-11 now, and still going strong, no problems. And that was a TB - not a NAW...

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Portia:
TLE, I think Colin is being her usual tongue-in-cheek self with the "Native American Warmblood" designation. At least, I sure hope so! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Portia - don't you remember the NAW thread? A bunch of us formed the NAWA - Native American Warmblood Association.

We've had lots of fun with it, and even have a LOGO/Emblem!

[This message has been edited by Colin (edited 11-22-2000).]

VTrider
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:52 PM
I worked darn hard on that logo too!!! Where is AHC...she has a damn nice NAW!!

ccoronios
Nov. 22, 2000, 12:54 PM
Moose, that was fascinating, educational reading. Thank you for sharing - and thank your friend for sharing her knowledge in such understandable terminology. I plan to pass this on to everyone I know who has horses. It provides a tremendous amount of brain- fodder.
I (and many others, I dare presume) have always known it was foolish and detrimental to expect babies to perform as adults (both in human and equine worlds) - but it seems to be the norm rather than the exception.

Erin
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:06 PM
Colin, I think you need to post a disclaimer at the bottom of every post you make. Something along the lines of:

WARNING! Don't believe anything I say, and take none of this seriously!

I can just imagine all sorts of confused people wandering around wondering what a NAW is. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And yes, as Devildog so eloquently stated on another thread, I think the chain noseband thread took 25 years off my life!

Did I delete chain nosebands? Or is it still out there? Quite entertaining reading, for those who missed it the first time around. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

dublin
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Inverness:
Only you would have a Native American "Warblood," Colin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the exact same thing....

My eyes are still glazing over from trying to read that previous lengthy, desperately in need of some paragraphs, post!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Flash44
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:12 PM
For any of you that actually READ and UNDERSTOOD Moose's post on fusing growth plates, note that the back and hocks are 2 areas where growth plates fuse VERY LATE in the horse's life, like 5 years old. Who cares if the knees are closed! Horses are on legends, adequan, Flexwhatever because of BACK AND HOCK problems. Hellllloooo! Maybe you should wait until the horse is 5 before jumping.

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:21 PM
No waiting, Flash....no time!!!! Have to win the Utah Year End Award!!!!

Will play lightly over small jumps as a 3 year old...but as a 4 year old, he will be doing some 3'!!!

Someone has to support the Adequon/Legend economy, right?

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:
Did I delete chain nosebands? Or is it still out there? Quite entertaining reading, for those who missed it the first time around. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you killed my work of art, Erin....the shame!!! The infamous chain noseband thread is out in cyberspace, along with VA Trainer and the others. Soooo sad!

AHC
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:22 PM
Okay, okay settle down everyone... Yes, we've started the Native American Warmblood Association. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif We have a logo (thanks VTRider), and I am proud to say that my lovely pinto QH/TB mare is #1 in the NAW registry!!!!!!

The tougher, stronger NAW's play by their own rules -- rules that are made by the Founding Board of Governors. That would be Colin, VTRider and me!!!!!!

Typical of the NAW, Colin's pony is learning and maturing quickly, therefore, according to the NAW bylaws, it would be fine to start playing around over a few small jumps. As far as the 2'6" division for next year, if he takes to jumping the way my NAW did, he might be ready to get out there a few times!!!!!

Colin, VT, I think we may have to start a NAW website soon so the others can see our very special ponies..... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tle
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:
While I appreciate your 4 year old theory, I don't believe it....I mean, I won the VHSA Adult Medal Finals on a 4 yr old OTTB.....that I started as a 3 yr old....that is about 10-11 now, and still going strong, no problems. And that was a TB - not a NAW...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, to paraphrase a line from a very famous movie... just because we CAN do something doesn't mean we SHOULD. If you didn't want opinions, then you should have asked for them. Mine is that a horse shouldn't be jumping until 4. Hell, my mare is now 15, does Prelim level eventing, and was races as a YOUNG 2yo (like 26-28 months). She did it... does that mean that all others should too? Oh, and yes, she's a fine-boned TB (can be seen at [URL=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=846038&a=6149646&p=22495098&Sequence=0&res=high]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=846038&a=6149646&p=22495098&Sequence=0&res=high[/UR L] ). Talk to me when that horse is a few years old and then you can tell me what meds and supplements he needs to be on to stay sound. To each their own, but you did ask...

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:25 PM
I knew I could count on support from the NAWA founders! Others simply do not understand that our indian ponies are not only special, but they are tough!

Trust me, all non-believers - my NAW will be just fine cantering over 2'6" jumps with a 100 lb mom on his back. 2'6" is nothing more than a big canter step for the NAW!

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by training level eventer:

Well, to paraphrase a line from a very famous movie... just because we CAN do something doesn't mean we SHOULD. If you didn't want opinions, then you should have asked for them. Mine is that a horse shouldn't be jumping until 4. Hell, my mare is now 15, does Prelim level eventing, and was races as a YOUNG 2yo (like 26-28 months). She did it... does that mean that all others should too? Oh, and yes, she's a fine-boned TB (can be seen at [URL=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=846038&a=6149646&p=22495098&Sequence=0&res=high]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=846038&a=6149646&p=22495098&Sequence=0&res=high[/UR L] ). Talk to me when that horse is a few years old and then you can tell me what meds and supplements he needs to be on to stay sound. To each their own, but you did ask...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great picture!!!! Seriously!!!!

We're not ever going to be jumping stuff like that, though! I'm talking about a big canter step - not a "jump"...big difference!!!

tle
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:32 PM
Thanks. That's one of my favorites (oh, and it's only 3'3"... a training level fence, but one of my fav pics).

There IS a difference... in canter the horse CAN (and at that age IS) unbalanced and most probably on it's forehand most of the time. As the horse matures, it is able to carry more weight on it's hind end and hocks. THAT is what is needed to jump (and you can't tell me that a green-bean is going to NOT try and curl up and JUMP a fence). If they don't have that, then they are jumping incorrectly... and a- you're teaching them to do something wrong and b- you're probably doing more damage BECAUSE they are jumping incorrectly. If they ARE trying to curl up and actually JUMP, then you are doing damage to areas that aren't developed yet. It's a catch 22... damned either way!

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:36 PM
Not Damned! The NAW has a NATURAL BALANCE - where it goes with it's hocks underneath it -- no forehand here!!!! IT's VERY broke on the flat - because of the way god made him. Yes, does flying lead changes already - very natural for him.

Not much curling up over 12" jumps....just giving him something fun to do - he likes it 2nd best to trail riding for 3 hours in the gulley....well, at least that's what the psychic said.

tle
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:38 PM
Well, I'd put my TB up against your NAW anytime in the category of natural balance! Besides, I thought you were talking about 2'6" jumps... not 12".

Colin, you're just too much! I can't keep up. I'll have to look you up next time I'm out that direction visiting relatives and we can compare notes (brother in CO. Springs, but almost all of mom's family is in the Salt Lake - Ogden area... I was born in Ogden ... moved to Sinus Valley (aka Ohio) when I was 12). /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AHC
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:43 PM
Colin, you had a psychic read your NAW too?!!!! Great NAW-owning minds think alike. We had one at the barn a couple of weeks ago. It was a riot!

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by training level eventer:
almost all of mom's family is in the Salt Lake - Ogden area... I was born in Ogden ... moved to Sinus Valley (aka Ohio) when I was 12). /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahah!!!!! Now it all makes sense....you're a native Utah person!!!!! No wonder!!!!

(just teasin...couldn't resist!!!)

Sandy M
Nov. 22, 2000, 03:35 PM
Well, I'm probably the only one who thinks the IJF and IHF are a crock. NO ONE should be jumping horses that young. Since I'M an old crock, I have to go back to the "lore" garnered from all my teachers - people who rode in the hunt field, showed in Corinthian classes and evented: trotting poles and low fences (and hilltopping) at 4, no serious jumping until 5. I've had a number of horses over the years, and the ones who were not started until 4 or 5 were all still jumping well into their 20s, with few or NO soundness problems along the way. And Colin - several of them were "Native American Warmbloods" - Appaloosas.

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure if we allow Appaloosa's. I'm checking, though...could be wrong...will let you know. We do have SOME prejudices....

VTrider
Nov. 22, 2000, 03:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:
I'm not sure if we allow Appaloosa's. I'm checking, though...could be wrong...will let you know. We do have SOME prejudices....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...we all know why Indians rode Appaloosa's to the battles...so they would be good and mad when they got there!!!

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 03:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
Well...we all know why Indians rode Appaloosa's to the battles...so they would be good and mad when they got there!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am HOWLING here, VTrider!!! Big time!

Yeah, those Appy's have quite the attitudes, don't they. Not sure if they "belong" in our precious NAWA or not....I know they can "multi task" but yipes - they have no tails! Icky!

OnyxThePony
Nov. 22, 2000, 03:47 PM
Double what Goose said..triple, quadruple what she posted... but the sad truth is any yahoo can own a horse, and do anything they want with it, so whatever, go ahead, it's your horse, and you don't have to seek approval from anyone else. I don't see why we have these arguments here. For example, if I want to wait with my wb filly till she's a good four yrs old till she even sees a bridle or saddle, who'd jump all over me?
NAW- known as the appy/Ahkel Teke cross?? At least that's how they're known here (Canada).

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 03:52 PM
Goose? Are you referring to Moose?? How about "Moose the Goose"???

Yeah, those regular WB's take FOREVER to grow up! I would DEFINATELY wait for at least 4 yrs old!

Fortunately, our Native American Warmblood (there aren't any in Canada) horses are MUCH different...much more like the QH.

My own NAW has been cantering over x-rails for a few months now, and next summer will canter over some 2'6" jumps every so often. He will not compete until he is 4yrs old, and only at the 3'.....but by the time he gets there, he will have been so slowly brought into the wonderful world of jumping that it won't be a big deal for him.

[This message has been edited by Colin (edited 11-22-2000).]

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 04:12 PM
You are KILLING ME, Moose!!!!

Soooo cute!!!! Have a GREAT turkey day!

-Betsy

AHC
Nov. 22, 2000, 04:21 PM
I think it may be time for a meeting of the Founding Board of Governor's of the NAWA!!!!
We reserve the right to continue to pass totally arbitrary rules that favor our own NAW ponies!!!!!! We also reserve the right to start jumping them whenever our psychics tell us they are ready. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Apaloosas, Arabs, pretty soon everybody who has a horse with a funny tail will be trying to get in!!!!!!!

Jair
Nov. 22, 2000, 05:22 PM
Whoa there Morgan! Believe it or not Colin was just asking for opionions - don't flame her for it!

BTW - if you read her post you'll see that she specifically stated she wouldn't be jumping her NAW over 3ft until it was four. She was curious about what others thought about cantering a young horse over small jumps in the summer of its third year. She never said she was going to pound it into the ground like you're suggesting she is!

Anyhow, look at all those 3 year old stallions that undergo the 100 day test in Germany! They're jumping 3'6 courses by the fall of their third year! While I'm sure some will have the odd problem, many go on to by successful Grand Prix jumpers - so surely Colin's horse jumping the odd 2'6 cross rail is in much better hands?

Flash44
Nov. 22, 2000, 05:59 PM
Training Level Eventer, great photo! Looks like a blast! And wonderful example of an AR!

Jair - the Germans ADMIT they start their horses on joint supplements at a young age! Wonder why?

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 06:43 PM
Thanks, Jair...owe ya one. I have just met with the other founders and we will be providing rules for the Native American Warmblood Association. We have already agreed upon the first rule:

NO MORGANS ALLOWED IN THE NAWA!!!!

Sandy M
Nov. 22, 2000, 06:50 PM
I will have you know, Colin, that my NAW (registered with ApHC and ApSHA) has quite a nice long tail (thin, yes, but long), as did my prior NAW, a 16.3 grouch with another long (but thin) tail. I also lay claim to the designation "Native American Warmblood" having stated on this BB some time ago that I sometimes put that down under "breed" on entry blanks!

Strangely, my most foundation bred Appy had a thick, wavy black tail with a few white hairs in it. His general conformation and THAT TAIL led me to suspect that one of the "unknowns" in his pedigree might have been Morgan. His top line, however, was pure Appy into the mists of Idaho: by Toby K, by Toby II, by Toby, by Knobby, by Old Blue (End of pedigree). He was absolutely the hairy-est horse I've ever known and an intermediate level eventer!

Why do some people insist upon riding Appaloosas? Too poor to buy a horse, too proud to ride a cow.

What is the smallest building in the world? The Appaloosa Hall of Fame.

Why did the Indians ride Appaloosas? Only ones they could catch on foot.

*G*

Policy of Truth
Nov. 22, 2000, 06:56 PM
Colin, Can I join the AWB Association?
My boy is really cute...very much like you've described your own, except for the color....smutty sooty buckskin...sometimes silver, sometimes brown, depending on the season!
And btw, he will be started at age four because of an injury at 9 mos! Actually, I personally like them started at four anyway, but that's my NC Hick ideas comming up again!

ERIN! Why did you have to delete that tack noseband thread?! I was looking so forward to reading it...to take a walk down memory lane, when I had NO CLUE about Colin! Man, that thread was something else!

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 07:00 PM
You can't PROVE it has Morgan in it, right??? So therefore it's a full fledged NAW!

We're still debating the Appaloosa issue. If yours has a tail, I think we will probably let it "in".

To become a NAW registered horse, the animal must be "presented" before the founders. We will evaluate it's breeding, rideability, and several other factors to determine whether it can be registered or not.

Having jumped a 2'6" fence before the age of 4 is a requirement.

The rules will be posted in full early next week, after the NAWA founders have met to discuss the specific requirements.

Colin
Nov. 22, 2000, 07:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pacificsolo:
Colin, Can I join the AWB Association?
My boy is really cute...very much like you've described your own, except for the color....smutty sooty buckskin...sometimes silver, sometimes brown, depending on the season!
And btw, he will be started at age four because of an injury at 9 mos! Actually, I personally like them started at four anyway, but that's my NC Hick ideas comming up again!

ERIN! Why did you have to delete that tack noseband thread?! I was looking so forward to reading it...to take a walk down memory lane, when I had NO CLUE about Colin! Man, that thread was something else!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks promising, Pacifico. The injury is good enough cause for not starting him sooner! The color sounds PERFECT for the NAWA.

How big? Any "guesses" as to his breeding? Does he trail ride? Can you ride him bareback with a halter?

Policy of Truth
Nov. 22, 2000, 11:17 PM
Well, Colin, I believe he is a solid 15.1, going on 15.2. He is of Quarter horse and TB decent, though I believe something else might be in there too. He has only been backed twice, and that was by me in a pasture full of other youngsters and without a halter! He did fine, and had he been a bit more alive, I imagine a good run might have been had /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
He will be trail ridden...extensively! And I promise to jump him as soon as possible!

Flash44
Nov. 22, 2000, 11:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve:
how much does it cost to join such a great orginazation like this one?

steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The cost is not prohibitive; however, beware the initiation rites...

Hopes And Dreams
Nov. 23, 2000, 09:08 AM
Sorry about that- I guess I got a little carried away there. /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif It just makes me mad when I see a perfectly nice horse who is dead lame at the age of 10. But since you are talking about NAWs, I mean, it shouldn't be a problem. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif BTW Morgans rule!!!!

Hopes And Dreams
Nov. 23, 2000, 09:14 AM
Sorry about that, I guess I got a bit carried away there. /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif It just makes me mad to see a perfectly nice horse dead lame by the age of 10. But since you are talking about NAWs, I guess that won't happen. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif BTW Morgans rule!!!!!!!

PocoMary
Nov. 23, 2000, 09:38 AM
We jumped my Morgan pony at 3 months old do you think he will be dead lame at age 1? He is a super jumper at 3 months he can jump anything including a 3 foot wall in my back yard. Maybe VA trainer will read this and tell me if she thinks I should use a chain nose band?

[This message has been edited by PocoMary (edited 11-23-2000).]

Dolce Vita
Nov. 23, 2000, 11:23 PM
Hey, can Kudos be a NAWPony? He is Welsh/QH/something else cross /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

He seems to fit the qualifications!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message has been edited by hats off (edited 11-23-2000).]

Melinda
Nov. 24, 2000, 12:01 AM
Can my Ahkal/Teke TB cross join NAW?? She is a very shiny golden bay (buckskin) and floats at the trot!

tle
Nov. 24, 2000, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flash44:
Training Level Eventer, great photo! Looks like a blast! And wonderful example of an AR!

Jair - the Germans ADMIT they start their horses on joint supplements at a young age! Wonder why?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you! (on both accounts) Those 100day stallions don't NEED to stay jumping sound for the long haul (sure they get to jump big fences, then they're retired to stud). Again, why ask for opinions if you are going to do what you want anyway.

Colin
Nov. 26, 2000, 12:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PocoMary:
We jumped my Morgan pony at 3 months old do you think he will be dead lame at age 1? He is a super jumper at 3 months he can jump anything including a 3 foot wall in my back yard. Maybe VA trainer will read this and tell me if she thinks I should use a chain nose band?

[This message has been edited by PocoMary (edited 11-23-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent!!!! We may have to rethink the Morgan issue.....hummmm.....sounds like exceptional prospects for the NAWA!

Speaking for VA Trainer....I would not suggest a chain noseband quite yet... may be something to "look forward to" in the future??

BTW - my NAW hopped over a 2' vertical yesterday in his lesson....he was very cute...but got bored after the 5th time trotting it...and decided he was "done"! LOL! 3-4 times a month, trotting 1 1/2'-2' verticals won't hurt him....it actually makes his rides more interesting!

Look forward to the NAWA rulebook to be posted next week!

Nov. 26, 2000, 01:05 PM
I free-schooled this yearling last night (over poles on the ground) and she jumped them like they were 3'. She can't be registered as anything but NAW. Please consider her and send me an application. I have sooo many people tell me she's chestnut (with black pionts/mane/tail?). My father is convinced she's a dun---dorsal stripe... She's 3/4 TB and the other 1/4 isssss DWB!!! Hope that doesn't cast her out on the streets-she needs to belong somewhere!!!
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1198441&a=8834796&p=31852839

Colin
Nov. 27, 2000, 01:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaime Lynn:
I free-schooled this yearling last night (over poles on the ground) and she jumped them like they were 3'. She can't be registered as anything but NAW. Please consider her and send me an application. I have sooo many people tell me she's chestnut (with black pionts/mane/tail?). My father is convinced she's a dun---dorsal stripe... She's 3/4 TB and the other 1/4 isssss DWB!!! Hope that doesn't cast her out on the streets-she needs to belong somewhere!!!
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1198441&a=8834796&p=31852839 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXCELLENT Candidate for NAWA!!!! Free schooling yearlings!!! And my, that is a BIG yearling!!!

Yes, we will send you the application....what a PRIME SPECIMEN for our club!

Nov. 28, 2000, 09:51 AM
Does size matter??? Is there a size limit? Should I be feeding her coffee in her mash to control her size??? Her full TB, 1/2 sister (same daddy), is bigger, but is already registered TB so she can't be an NAWA...

AHC
Nov. 28, 2000, 11:07 AM
Jamie, as the owner of the horse who is #1 in the NAW registry, I feel qualified to answer your question. Size does matter, but there is a broad range of acceptable sizes for the NAW. If your horse meets the other qualifications, size will not be a problem... Of course the founding members are still working on the rules /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Electric Chair
Nov. 28, 2000, 03:12 PM
Excellent!!!! We may have to rethink the Morgan issue.....hummmm.....sounds like exceptional prospects for the NAWA!

Look forward to the NAWA rulebook to be posted next week!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you show Morgans too Colin? Do you have any pictures from costume classes you've been in?

Colin
Nov. 28, 2000, 03:13 PM
ALERT - ERIN - ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!!

SEA URCHIN IS HOMER!!!! I SWEAR!!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO KILL HIM!!!!!!! HURRY!!!!!

VTrider
Nov. 28, 2000, 03:37 PM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspected this all along!!!

BIG Hoof
Nov. 28, 2000, 03:39 PM
Go home to Marge, Homer....and start planning your winter freezing in Charlottesville!

Electric Chair
Nov. 28, 2000, 03:41 PM
ALERT - ERIN - ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!!

YOU HAVE TO KILL HIM!!!!!!! HURRY!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Colin, What on earth are you talking about? Is this horse related?

Colin
Nov. 28, 2000, 04:28 PM
NAWA Rules & Regulations

To be a member of the Native American Warmblood Association, the animal must meet the following criteria:

- Be able to drink a 12ounce can of bud light in one gulp

- Be jumped before age 3

- Be able to be ridden bareback, with rider sliding off the butt for dismount

- Be willing to do anything for food

- Have a spot of some sort on it's body

- Not be afraid of a crop, tractor, semi-truck, backhoe, car with bad muffler

- Have a TAIL!

The other founders will add to this list as they see fit.

PocoMary
Nov. 28, 2000, 04:38 PM
My Morgan Stallion Pony has a roached mane is this acceptable?

Colin
Nov. 28, 2000, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PocoMary:
My Morgan Stallion Pony has a roached mane is this acceptable?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOoohhh....that is EXCELLENT!!!!

VTrider
Nov. 28, 2000, 04:58 PM
- must be able to fight in a battle when need be
- not afraid to jump over dead buffalo, sand dunes, rings of fire (he he Johnny Cash) or dead people
- must like to be finger painted
- must get along with cattle and buffalo
- must carry a family to town if times get rough

Will add more later...

DMK
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:02 PM
OK, then, may I humbly submit Rebel for consideration in this esteemed registry?

I admit he is somewhat "size challenged" but I would offer that he has other redeeming characteristics, as follows...

Love of Food: Was given to me, because he essentially stood on his hind legs and RAN after his former owners when they walked into his paddock with grain...

Love of Escape: Distinguished himself at the tender age of 14 months by attempting to leap over 3 foot wire fence... didn't succeed, but regularly attempted and succeeded at heights of 4'+ by the age of 5 (and was handily doing 3'0 by the age of 3)

Afraid of Nothing: Not only is he not scared of anything, but if it terrifies a normal horse he has to run over and check it out (this includes horses terrified of HIM due to evil cart attached - this makes for some fun moments)

CHROME! Clearly has a spot (or several), but ALSO has the rare graying gene!

Tail: Has TONS of tail (thanks to a smattering of paso fino)

and best of all, he has spent YEARS terrorizing any number of people, not the least of which is my younger sister... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1023698&a=7552404&p=27209328

VTrider
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DMK:
OK, then, may I humbly submit Rebel for consideration in this esteemed registry?

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1023698&a=7552404&p=27209328 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definite Yes!!!

AHC
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:04 PM
I'm one of the founding members, and my mare is #1 in the NAWA registry, so here's another rule...

Must recognize other NAW's by sight (as in Mackie saw another pinto at a horse show on Sunday and stopped dead in her tracks and stared).

Colin
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VTrider:
Definite Yes!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second the definate yes!!!! What a cutie!

AHC
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:13 PM
DMK, the founders have voted and it's unanimous. Rebel is IN!!!!!!!!!

DMK
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:16 PM
And may I add that Rebel, if gifted with a computer, would have surely thought up things like "chain nosebands" and "letting pros ride your horse"... He is truly the equine version of Satan's child... heh heh heh...

VTrider
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moose:

horrors...

I now have Johnny Cash sing burning rings of fire in my head and our office doesn't have music....the agony...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love...is a burning flame
And it makes...a firey rain

Bound...by wild desire
I fell into a ring of fire.

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went down down down and the flames grew higher
And it burns burns burns...the ring of fire...the ring of fire...

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dolce Vita
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:26 PM
NAWA Rules & Regulations

To be a member of the Native American Warmblood Association, the animal must meet the following criteria:

- Be able to drink a 12ounce can of bud light in one gulp

- Be jumped before age 3

- Be able to be ridden bareback, with rider sliding off the butt for dismount

- Be willing to do anything for food

- Have a spot of some sort on it's body

- Not be afraid of a crop, tractor, semi-truck, backhoe, car with bad muffler

- Have a TAIL!

The other founders will add to this list as they see fit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a problem Colin!!! Kudos can comply with all of the rules and regulations, except for 2!!! He is not allowed to drink beer, because his mother can't /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, but he will be allowed to in 7 years. Also, he has no white /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif We beg that the members of NAWA will bend the rules just a little bit for him

Colin
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hats off:

We have a problem Colin!!! Kudos can comply with all of the rules and regulations, except for 2!!! He is not allowed to drink beer, because his mother can't /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, but he will be allowed to in 7 years. Also, he has no white /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif We beg that the members of NAWA will bend the rules just a little bit for him<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hummmm.....I think we should probably bend the rules for minor mommies....but if YOU could drink beer, do you think he would??? If so, that's good enough for me.

No white! He must have SOMETHING - SOMEWHERE....a gray hair or two in his tail??? Look really hard!

Dolce Vita
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:30 PM
I lied...hehe he does have white...4 long, odd looking white hairs in his forlock!!!
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=278828&a=2074616

Thats my baby /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ^

[This message has been edited by hats off (edited 11-28-2000).]

AHC
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:36 PM
Yep, hats off, we will make an exception on the beer rule for minors. Kudos is adorable and for him, the four white hairs are enough. We feel strongly about the spots requirement though, so if there is a question, the founding members of the NAWA will take each case individually.

Of course now your photo caption needs to be changed from solid chestnut to NAW!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dolce Vita
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:37 PM
I will change it! And he doe sdrink root [/B] BEER [/B]!! Does that count?! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PocoMary
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:43 PM
I was showing my brother this thread since he has a spotted horse he wants to know if his horse qualifies

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=969452&a=7107575&p=30206949

Nov. 28, 2000, 05:52 PM
Looks like a ROAN to me...

Colin
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:53 PM
I was showing my brother this thread since he has a spotted horse he wants to know if his horse qualifies

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=969452&a=7107575&p=30206949

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like the brother's body is begging for a western saddle!

AHC
Nov. 28, 2000, 05:54 PM
PocoMary, that may all depend upon what his tail is like. Can't see it in the photo. Otherwise he looks like a pretty good candidate. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hats off, root beer definitely counts!!!! If you want to change the photo caption, go right ahead, but I was kidding...

Colin
Nov. 28, 2000, 06:58 PM
Here is a PRIME EXAMPLE of TWO PERFECT NATIVE AMERICAN WARMBLOODS!

First picture is of "Mackie" - 5 year old mare
Second picture is of "Sea Urchin" - 2 year old gelding (a.k.a. Jake the Snake)

http://home.mgfairfax.rr.com/cinder/foxcreek5.htm

casper
Nov. 29, 2000, 11:07 AM

What about the 3 year old division? Is 2'6" too high to jump a 3 yr old NAW?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naw, my Lab can jump 2'3"

Colin
Nov. 29, 2000, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by casper:
Naw, my Lab can jump 2'3"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent example, Casper! Maybe your lab can be the NAW Mascot???

AHC
Nov. 29, 2000, 11:19 AM
The lab would be a lovely mascot even though it's technically not a SPOTTED dog.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Regalmeans
Nov. 29, 2000, 11:55 AM
I just read this thread for the first time - truly amusing.

My horse has ordered me to inform you that he meets ALL The qualifications (well I'm a minor but his last owners weren't and well if my trainer's involved....LOL) except for the pesky fact that (A) he is a pure TB and (B) other then the fact that he CLAIMS to have jumped out of fields at the track he didn't jump until he was 8 cause he was raced until then /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif So I think he wants to know if he can be an honorary NAW since he ID's with them in spirit - he "- Be able to be ridden bareback, with rider sliding off the butt for dismount (I've done it.....several times...)
does anything for food (you'd be amazed)
Have a spot of some sort on it's body (tiny star, lots of white legs)
Not be afraid of a crop, tractor, semi-truck, backhoe, car with bad muffler (very quiet...except for the occasional AH moment)
Have a TAIL! (YES he does) /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just thought I'd pass along his message..

Sarah

casper
Nov. 29, 2000, 06:41 PM
Excellent example, Casper! Maybe your lab can be the NAW Mascot???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The NAW mascot job is a possibility...Duck season about over and my parti-lab could probably use something to do over the winter. What does the job entail?

Mascot job resume: http://homestead.juno.com/colemanj5/

BIG Hoof
Nov. 29, 2000, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by casper:
The NAW mascot job is a possibility...Duck season about over and my parti-lab could probably use something to do over the winter. What does the job entail?

Mascot job resume: http://homestead.juno.com/colemanj5/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG! Casper, you are hysterical!!!!!!

Colin
Nov. 29, 2000, 06:51 PM
Regalmeans - we need to see a photo of your NAW applicant.

Casper - I think I can speak for the other founders of the NAWA that your parti-lab will now be our honorary mascot! What a FINE Native American Warmblood Mascot!!!!!

Hurray!

AHC
Nov. 29, 2000, 07:09 PM
We have a mascot... Woo-hoo!!!!

Regal, we might be able to bend the rules for your boy. The founders will have to take it under advisement. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm sure you are fully aware that technically, as a pure TB, he is a hotblood... We will see what our legal counsel, Sea Urchin & Inverness have to say and let you know. LOL

Regalmeans
Nov. 29, 2000, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Regal, we might be able to bend the rules for your boy. The founders will have to take it under advisement. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm sure you are fully aware that technically, as a pure TB, he is a hotblood... We will see what our legal counsel, Sea Urchin & Inverness have to say and let you know. LOL[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AHC I feel so honored and of course I am aware that the breed thing is slightly off..... I TOLD him it wouldn't work but beloved Regal hates to be left out of anything and told me that unless I tried he would destroy his good leg wraps........and he looked so cute I couldn't say no. I certainly hope Mr. Urchin and Ms. Inverness approve him, since they are such esteemable people I hold their opinions in very high regard......

Sarah

Nov. 30, 2000, 12:34 AM
I have a cat that likes beer (can't set one down in his presence), can he join Casper's lab as co (or pseudo-co) mascot? His name is Tommy (after Tommy on the Rugrats---4yr old daughter named him). I'll post a picture soon, but he is a long-haired tiger, with 4 whites, a blaze, and a SPOT of white under his chin.

AHC
Nov. 30, 2000, 10:41 AM
Sarah, I'd say it looks good for Regal...

Jamie Lynn, as long as Colin agrees, and I suspect she will, we'd be happy to have your kitty as a second mascot!

Colin
Nov. 30, 2000, 10:46 AM
I'll all for the second mascot, but you may have to check with Casper - first mascot may EAT second mascot if we're not careful! LOL!

Of course, we will require a photo of the spot!

Duffy
Nov. 30, 2000, 10:48 AM
Hey - RumoursFollow has THE cutest NAW prospect! Huge chestnut with white splotch on his side!!! She has pictures posted somewhere on this Forum. . .I saw them in "person" at Culpeper this summer and he's absolutely adorable and would be a true asset to your organization! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Duffy (edited 11-30-2000).]

AHC
Nov. 30, 2000, 10:49 AM
Yep, Jamie, forgot to let you know that Proof of Spot is a requirement for mascot-ship...

Duffy, thanks for the tip! Always looking for prime NAW specimens to add to the registry....

Clarke County
Nov. 30, 2000, 10:50 AM

Casper - I think I can speak for the other founders of the NAWA that your parti-lab will now be our honorary mascot! What a FINE Native American Warmblood Mascot!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Casper, only labs that have been to Middleburg Classic need apply for the mascot job. I know a perfect candidate....

casper
Nov. 30, 2000, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sea Urchin:

Sorry Casper, only labs that have been to Middleburg Classic need apply for the mascot job. I know a perfect candidate....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as it's not some cocker; would rather have the cat as a co-mascot.

Colin
Nov. 30, 2000, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sea Urchin:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sea Urchin - we all know your dog has been to ALL The horse shows, however, your dog does not possess the qualities we are looking for in a NAW mascot

1) No spots
2) WAY too hyper - would require mass doses of Dexamethazone!!!!
3) Not trained! Drags you all over the place - would require SEVERAL clinics with a cowboy!

Regalmeans
Nov. 30, 2000, 12:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AHC:
Sarah, I'd say it looks good for Regal...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fingers crossed waiting for the approval of The Urchin & Inverness (hint hint hint)

Colin
Nov. 30, 2000, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Regalmeans:
Fingers crossed waiting for the approval of The Urchin & Inverness (hint hint hint)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The URCHIN has NOTHING TO DO with the NAWA!!!

Don't listen to the URCHIN - it's EVIL!!!!!

Regalmeans
Nov. 30, 2000, 12:31 PM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought so.... I thought so......

but I was told by AHC that they were your legal counsel and oh why do I believe anything anyone here says? Haven't I LEARNED BY NOW?

Okay Colin it's very simple - if I throw myself at your feet does Regal get in? LOL

Sarah

Colin
Nov. 30, 2000, 12:36 PM
Yeah, Regal can get in. We'll get the paperwork going asap!

NO URCHIN COUNSIL!!!! He's not a "real" lawyer anyway....hehehehe!

Clarke County
Nov. 30, 2000, 12:41 PM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Poor Colin...no one told you? You were REPLACED while you were out at that...uh....facility on the west coast. Even Casper agrees with the new mascot. That tack noseband suggestion of yours did the trick!

Regalmeans
Nov. 30, 2000, 12:43 PM
Yeah, Regal can get in. We'll get the paperwork going asap!

Thank you very much Colin /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm sure he will be most pleased - and now my leg wraps are safe.....

NO URCHIN COUNSIL!!!! He's not a "real" lawyer anyway....hehehehe!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well then......why am I not surprised!?!?!?! what exactly is it he *does* do....oh nevermind.

AHC - next time you want legal counsel go find Portia!

AHC
Nov. 30, 2000, 12:48 PM
Now wait a minute, Ms. Regal, as one of the founders of the NAWA, I can vote Regal out, so be careful how you address me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Apologize for the confusion, guess I temporarily fell under the spell of the Urchin! I'm all better now. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And by the way, welcome to the NAWA Regal!

[This message has been edited by AHC (edited 11-30-2000).]

Regalmeans
Nov. 30, 2000, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AHC:
Now wait a minute, Ms. Regal, as one of the founders of the NAWA, I can vote Regal out, so be careful how you address me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Apologize for the confusion, guess I temporarily fell under the spell of the Urchin! I'm all better now. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And by the way, welcome to the NAWA Regal!

[This message has been edited by AHC (edited 11-30-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL MS. AHC I am most sorry for offending you. I was merely attempting to offer you legal advice. Best wishes on your speedy recovery from the-spell-of-urchin.

Thank you for your kind welcome /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I can assure you Regal feels oh-so-very-honored.

casper
Nov. 30, 2000, 03:13 PM
Sea Urchin - we all know your dog has been to ALL The horse shows, however, your dog does not possess the qualities we are looking for in a NAW mascot

1) No spots
2) WAY too hyper - would require mass doses of Dexamethazone!!!!
3) Not trained! Drags you all over the place - would require SEVERAL clinics with a cowboy!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Casper has friends that would love the job - all have spots and 'hang' with horses.
Mascot 1 was 'saved' at a Middleburg horse show.
Mascot 2 is the oldest horse-buddy of the three and has been to more
horse shows than any other dog.
Mascot 3 is the current mascot choice is trained well but doesn't have the equine
experience of his buddy, 2.

Maybe there should be a vote?

See these fine NAW mascot choices at: http://www.jacksonville.net/~patnjb/mascots.html

Colin
Nov. 30, 2000, 03:18 PM
Excellent, Casper. You forgot to mention that Mascot #2 has a very famous barn named after her....

Echo Hill Farm

Hummm...it IS a small world, eh???

AHC
Nov. 30, 2000, 03:20 PM
Awwww -- they are all so cute!!!!!! Maybe we should take all three!

Regalmeans
Nov. 30, 2000, 03:21 PM
They are adorable especially #2&3!!!!!

Clarke County
Nov. 30, 2000, 03:28 PM
Casper has friends that would love the job - all have spots and 'hang' with horses.
Mascot 1 was 'saved' at a Middleburg horse show.
Mascot 2 is the oldest horse-buddy of the three and has been to more
horse shows than any other dog.
Mascot 3 is the current mascot choice is trained well but doesn't have the equine
experience of his buddy, 2.

Maybe there should be a vote?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree - wonderful choices, one and all. My suggestion: we REPLACE Colin with Mascot #2. All in favor respond accordingly! (think what our members will save on bar bills!)

Nov. 30, 2000, 03:31 PM
What about my poor cat? He plays with the Corgi like it was his brother, loves the Rottie, and sleeps with the Lab. The spot under his chin is actually brown--embedded in the whiteness... I'll get photos soon...

Colin
Nov. 30, 2000, 03:32 PM

I agree - wonderful choices, one and all. My suggestion: we REPLACE Colin with Mascot #2. All in favor respond accordingly! (think what our members will save on bar bills!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You haven't ever seen that cocker drink, have you???

Duffy
Nov. 30, 2000, 04:02 PM
How could ya'll forget about Perfect Pepper!?!?!? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

casper
Nov. 30, 2000, 04:33 PM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, there's been a last minute addition to the queue of mascot applicants. COLIN requested that #4 be given equal status with the other mascot applicants.

See updated queue: http://www.jacksonville.net/~patnjb/mascots.html

Colin
Nov. 30, 2000, 04:54 PM
HINT! AFTER opening up Casper's link, click on the REFRESS button!!!!!

LOLOLOL!

Colin
Nov. 30, 2000, 05:00 PM
Anyone interested in voting for the Mascot??

AHC
Nov. 30, 2000, 06:59 PM
Boy, this is getting complicated. I just talked to my friend speedracer and she nominated her dog -- a very cute sharpei who thinks she's a laborador -- as mascot too! I will try to get a photo this weekend....

Colin, can we have more mascots than "registered" NAW's??????

casper
Dec. 1, 2000, 09:31 AM
Colin, can we have more mascots than "registered" NAW's??????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and why not a spotted pygmy goat that has bonded with NAW horses?
This alert guard-goat has sounded the alarm several times when danger threatened his buds in the NAW herd at Fox Creek Farm.
A fine specimen that would be a unique mascot choice!

View goat: http://www.jacksonville.net/~patnjb/mascot1.html

Colin
Dec. 1, 2000, 10:56 AM
OMG Casper!!! Poor Felix!!!! Not only has he gotten REALLY FAT but he's got SPOTS!!!

hehehehe!!!!

AHC
Dec. 1, 2000, 10:56 AM
Casper, Colin, I see a Noah's ark type theme emerging here. A goat, a cat, a bunch of dogs, a lawyer.... no reason not to make room for all of those who qualify...

Electric Chair
Dec. 1, 2000, 11:01 AM
OMG Casper!!! Poor Felix!!!! Not only has he gotten REALLY FAT but he's got SPOTS!!!

hehehehe!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm confused on the voting - is that picture Colin's NAW or the mascot?

VTrider
Dec. 1, 2000, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Homer:
I'm confused on the voting - is that picture Colin's NAW or the mascot?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO NO NO - That is not her NAW, Sea Urchin, that is her goat Felix...who is a possible candidate for the NAW mascat.

Regalmeans
Dec. 1, 2000, 11:23 AM
Casper, Colin, I see a Noah's ark type theme emerging here. A goat, a cat, a bunch of dogs, a lawyer.... no reason not to make room for all of those who qualify...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL if the MASCOTS include all ofthe above what does that say about the memebers?

Sandy M
Dec. 1, 2000, 11:34 AM
Okay, Colin, here's my beastie for NAWB registration (Sorry, I couldn't seem, to make it so you could click on it to get there):
http://www:webspeak.com/~tony/dressage/index.html

If that just takes you to the main web page for "Kathy Johnson Dressage", click on "USDF Friends" and look under "Sandy M and Erik."

I trust Erik, aka Viking Grog, will be considered worthy of registration. *G*