PDA

View Full Version : Cactuskate ad

beameup
Jun. 21, 2002, 07:53 AM
just got my issue of the chronicle and read the ad for cactuskate. thank you to whoever composed it, you did a beautiful job. when i got to the trail quote, i just bawled.
isn't it amazing how we can impact each other's lives without ever meeting in the real world? i have health issues and i take great encouragement from that picture.
though i lurk most of the time, i always check in here - there is always something i can learn, or laugh about. a big <<<<hug>>>> to all of you.

beameup
Jun. 21, 2002, 07:53 AM
just got my issue of the chronicle and read the ad for cactuskate. thank you to whoever composed it, you did a beautiful job. when i got to the trail quote, i just bawled.
isn't it amazing how we can impact each other's lives without ever meeting in the real world? i have health issues and i take great encouragement from that picture.
though i lurk most of the time, i always check in here - there is always something i can learn, or laugh about. a big <<<<hug>>>> to all of you.

rockstarr
Jun. 21, 2002, 08:35 AM
You are right, beameup! Catctuskate's friends, both real-time and online, did a beautiful job to honor her with grace.

She must have been so fabulous. Really nice tribute. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Heineken
Jun. 21, 2002, 08:52 AM
I cried when I saw it. Gulp.

Founding member AQHA clique

hoopoe
Jun. 21, 2002, 08:49 PM
I used the ad as an example when talking to a friend about the good aspect of the internet. ( he is a non-computer person, but HAS graduated beyond parchment and quill /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

_\\]
-- * > hoopoe
The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

Bumpkin
Jun. 21, 2002, 08:50 PM
And Hoopoe are you certain he has gone beyond parchment and quill? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I showed mine to Mr Bumpkin and the Bumpkinette.

hoopoe
Jun. 21, 2002, 09:44 PM
Absolutely, He has an electric typewriter!!!

Better than someone else we won't mention who. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

_\\]
-- * > hoopoe
The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

SGray
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:15 AM
I want to add my kudos and thanks - very well done

Erin
Jun. 24, 2002, 07:23 AM
LisaMarie and her wonderful Billy get credit for the design, and Merry wrote the beautiful copy. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For those who haven't gotten their issue yet, a scan of the ad is posted on this thread:

Cactuskate ad, June 14 (http://chronofhorse.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=691099205&f=1970907951&m=1653059375)

Coreene
Jun. 24, 2002, 09:24 AM
I showed it to a bunch of friends at the barn. No one could speak after reading it, we all just cried.

I have ordered color photocopies for everyone who wanted one (there were a lot) and she will also be beaming down at everyone who comes into the tack store.

Love you, Cactuskate, you're the best.

Figjam
Jun. 24, 2002, 09:31 AM
It is nice to know when you have people who love you so much, and Cactuskate, surely did.