PDA

View Full Version : lederbalsam on my living room chair

malarkey
Jun. 8, 2012, 11:22 PM
ok, I've done a few thousand google searches to see if I could find a remedy. I, of course, was applying lederbalsam to the insides of my new boots when I inadvertently got some on my new living room chairs. :-z

please tell me a way to make this go away. its full of beeswax, lanolin, and avocado oils. I fear I'm doomed, even though all Lederbalsam ads say "won't stain clothing!" I'm thinking my chair is ruined.

????? Is there a way to remove it? Should I leave it be? what would work to lift it off my chair fabric??

FML!

Hilary
Jun. 9, 2012, 08:51 AM
yikes - try blotting with a brown paper bag and then also try cornmeal - both absorb oil really well. You put the cornmeal (enough so you can't see the fabric) on and rub it in lightly, wait several hours and then vaccuum off.

malarkey
Jun. 9, 2012, 11:05 AM
*sigh* well my google searching skills weren't too sharp last night after a few glasses of wine. Searching 'upholstery stain removal' turned up good results.

you are right, Hilary, they recommend corn starch or baking soda on fresh oil stains, let it sit, then vacuum up.

If you still have a stain then they recommend figuring out what kind of fabric you are dealing with and use what is recommended (either water based cleaners or dry cleaning solvents) to get the rest of it out.

spaceagevalkyrie
Jun. 9, 2012, 01:25 PM
I've been able to get it out of clothes with Dawn dish soap, but applying that to your chair may be a bit dicey :eek:.