PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate "chicken daddy"

foggybok
Jun. 6, 2012, 04:33 PM
there was mention of the "chicken daddy" phenomena under my lamb post the other day. Today I get this from a friend of mine (guy I dated a while back, and still remain good friends). He met my chickens last summer and thought they were wonderful.... He just got 4 of his own a few weeks back.... First he built a fabulous coop........and since he is a typical Silicon Valley engineer, he sent me this today... Live streaming from the coop with night vision technology that he can check with an I-phone app........ Now that's a "Chicken Daddy!"

Forget Mare Stare, let's start Chick Flicks!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/550516_4126506444954_1352199029_33639343_171653043 7_n.jpg

carp
Jun. 6, 2012, 05:12 PM
there was mention of the "chicken daddy" phenomena under my lamb post the other day. Today I get this from a friend of mine (guy I dated a while back, and still remain good friends). He met my chickens last summer and thought they were wonderful.... He just got 4 of his own a few weeks back.... First he built a fabulous coop........and since he is a typical Silicon Valley engineer, he sent me this today... Live streaming from the coop with night vision technology that he can check with an I-phone app........ Now that's a "Chicken Daddy!"

Forget Mare Stare, let's start Chick Flicks!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/550516_4126506444954_1352199029_33639343_171653043 7_n.jpg

That's great. One of the guys at work has an extra PC set to display a bald eagle cam all day. The eaglets are getting pretty big now. After they fledge I think he needs to switch over to the chicken cam!

Bluey
Jun. 6, 2012, 05:28 PM
I thought you were talking about the KFC Colonel.:lol:

Our roost in our chicken coop were round dowels, those look square.

My2cents
Jun. 6, 2012, 05:31 PM
My across the street neighbor runs www.hencam.com

cowboymom
Jun. 6, 2012, 06:53 PM
that is so cool! my husband has engineer brain but it stopped just short of techie. :no:

I want cameras on all my critters!

foggybok
Jun. 6, 2012, 07:49 PM
My across the street neighbor runs www.hencam.com

LOL, I love it!

foggybok
Jun. 6, 2012, 07:50 PM
I thought you were talking about the KFC Colonel.:lol:

Our roost in our chicken coop were round dowels, those look square.

they do look square...

My DH (Chicken Daddy) made a bunch of roosts with different sizes and shapes so that they could choose.... mostly they just choose the top one.....

MunchingonHay
Jun. 6, 2012, 08:21 PM
did you notice the mirror on the wall! do chickens like to look at themselves?

JB
Jun. 6, 2012, 09:52 PM
That's so COOL!

And yes I saw the mirror! LOLOL

My hubby was crowing to our chickens last night and they came running :lol: :lol:

2DogsFarm
Jun. 7, 2012, 06:24 AM
Too
Dang
Funny
:lol:

A mirror? Really?

Ya know...I do not want to know what my chickens do at night.
Judging by their daytime behavior, it's probably one of those allnight poker games with smoking, drinking and junk food.

Re: the square roosts.
when I setup my coop I bowed to BYC Wisdom and put in the suggested 1X4 flat-surfaced roosts along with some peeled natural branches about 4" diameter.
What did the hens select?
The 1X4s were totally ignored - I have removed them.
Branches are used, but they hugely prefer (as in: jostle for space) the less-than-1" wide lath that makes up the sections dividing the coop from the non-chicken area.

Nobody can tell a chicken how they ought to live :rolleyes:

foggybok
Jun. 7, 2012, 03:43 PM
Nobody can tell a chicken how they ought to live :rolleyes:

Boy, THAT is the truth!!!

And yes, the mirror cracks me up. I wonder if they primp in the morning before going out? :)