PDA

View Full Version : Pre Strike Mosquito Torpedo

goodhors
Jun. 5, 2012, 09:49 AM
Bit of a commercial here, since lots of folks haven't heard of this good product for Mosquito control. I had to do SOMETHING here, the bugs were so bad, so I gave them a tryout. I do think they helped reduce numbers of bugs.

I have been pretty happy using these Torpedos for my standing water control around the farm. They are especially good with the seasonal wet places, because Torpedos will dry out and then reactivate when the location gets wet again.

I have noticed NO lack of small wildlife in those wet places, frogs, toads, turtles, salamanders and the strange creatures (never seen) that make the volcano looking piles of dirt where mud used to be. Label says Torpedos are safe for humans, fish, animals and vegatation. Says they are fine for water troughs too if you can't be cleaning them regularly.

So for anyone having lots of Mosquito issues, you might want to consider getting these to help out. I put several into my swale hole pond, lowest wet spot where everything drains into. Used my slingshot to get them spread around the big, not deep, water area, since I can't throw well. Kind of fun shooting them around!

You can check your local places, some TSC, Family Farm and Home Stores, other AG places carry them.

I tried the floating Dunks, but they don't last in round form for the 30 days, or even stay in place in larger water surfaces. Torpedos are supposed to be good for 60 days, before needing a new one.

I found the best price, $8.99 for 5 in the Jeffers site. Maybe some searching under the full name would locate some other sellers for you.

http://www.jefferspet.com/pre-strike-mosquito-torpedo/p/SB-P3/

So now you have another "weapon" in reducing your local Mosquito populations.

jetsmom
Sep. 7, 2012, 06:18 PM
I just got some for our barn pasture troughs. Hoping they help. Our mosquitos are horrible this year.