PDA

View Full Version : Who is Justified's sire?

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 03:37 PM
Justified is the horse that was owned by Ashmont Farm and ridden by Robert Coluccio. Justified scored like 3 perfect 100% in Warrenton about 2 years ago. Ashmont Farm sold Justified last year but I'm not sure who bought him.

I'm looking for info on his sire. I don't know the name of the stud or the farm that stands him. Can anyone help? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

~Courtney~

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 03:37 PM
Justified is the horse that was owned by Ashmont Farm and ridden by Robert Coluccio. Justified scored like 3 perfect 100% in Warrenton about 2 years ago. Ashmont Farm sold Justified last year but I'm not sure who bought him.

I'm looking for info on his sire. I don't know the name of the stud or the farm that stands him. Can anyone help? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

~Courtney~

Merry
Mar. 4, 2001, 03:46 PM
Is it Jupiter?

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 04:10 PM
I'm almost positive that it's not Jupiter. I remember seeing the ad from the Practical Horseman stallion issue from Jan 2000. The stallion is campaigned as a dressage stallion, I think, but he threw Justified who makes such a beautiful hunter.

Another clue to the mystery...I'm thinking that the stallion's name started with a "D".

~Courtney~

Merry
Mar. 4, 2001, 04:49 PM
Can I have another hint?
So, I assume the stallion is a warmblood? What color is he?

If I guess can I have a cookie? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Or a rain poncho? /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Bumpkin
Mar. 4, 2001, 04:55 PM
I thought I had read in the Show Circuit that Justified was imported and Dutch. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Merry
Mar. 4, 2001, 05:03 PM
But can we really trust Typo Circuit--- I mean Show Circuit? LOL!

Knowing that magazine's record, the horse may be from Wyoming and a Friesian! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SoEasy
Mar. 4, 2001, 05:06 PM
listed in PH Jan issue ads whose names start with a D ...
Davignport (HAN) Dominik (HAN) and Donnerwelt (HAN)
any of those names ring bells?

Twister
Mar. 4, 2001, 05:06 PM
Did Ashemont ever own Justified? I thought Eutrophia(sp?) owned him and Caluccios trained him. They went with Larry Glefke two or three years ago and then either sold him to the West Coast or moved there with him.

havaklu
Mar. 4, 2001, 05:16 PM
was owned by the Lyons and still is unless they have sold him recently.

Lyons rode with Larry but are with someone on the West Coast according to Show Circuit - there were at least 4 pages of Lyon's horses in the December Issue.

K Spade
Mar. 4, 2001, 05:31 PM
If you e-mail me, I can give you info on how to contact Whit Lyon about Justified b/c he is her horse. But, the Collucio's did have Justified and then sold him to the Lyon's.

K Spade
Mar. 4, 2001, 05:33 PM
Oh, and Robby Collucio rode him to a perfect score at Middleburg as well.

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 05:34 PM
I believe they imported him. I remember him showing at his first show in VA (my horse was in the same class). His tail was still banged. Last year, Evan showed Justified's full sister in the juniors. I have no idea of the breeding, but would like to know. Definately a warmblood horse but not sure if he is Dutch? Sounds right.

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 06:06 PM
Those "D" name stallions sound familiar. I do also remember this. The barn name where the stallion stands has something to do with water (like creek, river, etc.)

Justified IS owned by the Lyons now. They bought him from Ashmont farm. I got this info off of Ashmont's website at www.ashmontfarm.com (http://www.ashmontfarm.com) There's a little blurb on him in their gallery of champions section but nothing on his sire.

Also, I'm thinking the sire is Dutch.

Weeeeeeee this is a fun game. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Courtney~

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 06:18 PM
Okay, I'm remembering now. The ad for Justified's daddy in the Jan 2000 issue of Practical horseman actually had a small picture at the bottom of the ad of Justified himself. They were promoting the stallion using that small blurb about Justified at the bottom.

So now I just need someone to go digging through their old Practical Horseman issues for me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Courtney~

spaz
Mar. 4, 2001, 06:23 PM
Iron Spring Farm maybe? That's the only water-related one. Their stallions are:
Contango
Juventus
Judgement
Coeur de Lion
Akatschi
Rampal
Consul
Neptune
Glendale

Sound familiar?

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 06:27 PM
It's Candyboy - a Dutch Warmblood! Candyboy stands in Iowa.

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 06:38 PM
Well, damn!! Where did I get "D" names from??? Any idea the name of the farm where he's standing????

Thanks so much!

~Courtney~

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 06:44 PM
It's Clear Water Farm. They have a website www.clearwater-farm.com (http://www.clearwater-farm.com) Good thing I save those stallion issues! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 06:49 PM
You go HATTIE!! What a great memory! Now to check out the website!!!

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 06:49 PM
You are now my new HERO!!! Thank you soooooooo much!! At least I got the "water" part right about the barn. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I feel like a weight has been lifted off me. See, I have a friend who has a really nice mare and she's looking for a nice hunter stallion to breed her to. I remember loving Justified but couldn't for the life of me remember who the stallion was.

Ahhhhhhhh, thank you thank you thank you thank you, Hattie. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

~Courtney~

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 06:54 PM
Let's do it again! I just had to beat Justbay to the answer. Come on Big Dreams there have to be more stallions that you are interested in! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 06:57 PM
Kind of like "I'm thinking of a color". Only we'll make it "I'm thinking of a stallion and he's a BAY!"

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Courtney~

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:00 PM
A little more in the clue department please! Can't you tell I'm bored?

Bumpkin
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:01 PM
That was fun /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:01 PM
HAHAHA HATTIE!!!! OK, now a BAY stallion? I know a few... let me think... /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:04 PM
He's a bay stallion and the sire of a very famous hunter mare... *duh*

You win extra points if you can name where he's standing.

~Courtney~

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:08 PM
He stands at the Barracks!! And his name is Aristos B!

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:11 PM
But yes, and you are winning!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Okay, here goes. I'm thinking of a stallion. He's chestnut, four white socks and lives in California. One of the best movers I've ever seen.

~Courtney~

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:15 PM
OK, I will take a guess- Shine?

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:16 PM
Shine? And how come Justbay and Bumpkin aren't playing?

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:18 PM
I beat you to it!!!
Even wile I was busy doing a pony breeding breakdown on Longacre ponies!!

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:20 PM
A TB stallion in NC. Sire of many IHF performance winners. No white legs.

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:21 PM
Isnt' he awesome?? For those of you that don't know, you can check him out at www.shinestallion.com (http://www.shinestallion.com)

Okay, someone else's turn to think of a stallion...

~Courtney~

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:21 PM
Which stallion is the all time money winner of offspring at the IHF over the years??

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:22 PM
I didn't even know about Candyboy. Why didn't you tell me about him? Argh!

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:24 PM
My favorite TB stallion Absolut?
orisitSchoenfeld?

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:24 PM
Absolut!!!!!!

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:26 PM
hey I haven't posted in over 2weeks!
This topic is worth it though

Hattie, I am addicted, I bought another one since i saw you! and a pony too!

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:29 PM
Are you sure it isn't Castle Magic??

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:30 PM
Bay Dutch warmblood stallion. Four HIGH with stockings, big white blaze. One of his sons is ranked high in the A/O divison.

~Courtney~

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:32 PM
Castle Magic is from Va. He was standing at Smallwood farm last I heard.

~Courtney~

JumperEq
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:33 PM
Too easy...Alla' Czar. (Okay, if I'm wrong, I'll feel real dumb) /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:33 PM
Alla Czar

osczar

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:36 PM
This is a Palomino TB. His sire is Glitter Please.

~Courtney~

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:36 PM
Mindspring went down, so I had to log on AOL. I bet Viscount is the all time IHF stallion money winner!

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:40 PM
Hmm, are you reading my mind?
I JUST bought a Glitter please colt!
but,he is liver chestnut.

OK,Palomino Stallion by GlitterPlease

GP Krugeraand
Gold Apollo?

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:42 PM
How neat you bought a Glitterplease baby. Got any pics?

And keep guessing...no on your answers so far. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Courtney~

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:45 PM
GPkrugeraand is a Alomino Stallion by Glitterplease!

Is it Aarons Gold?
Or Milkies Way?

Here is my Glitterplease at 4months

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:46 PM
Dream in Gold?

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:47 PM
Virginia Bred Big Dreams
Guess who she is by.

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:48 PM
However where in the world did that green pasture come from? certainly not New Jersey right now! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sprite
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:49 PM
Is it Canadian Kid??

ohhhh....WHERE did i put my stallion issue????...

JumperEq
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:51 PM
Jane-
That's *very* cute. I want a baby. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:52 PM
Canadian Kid is by Milkie. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:54 PM
OK, we are waiting for the answer!
Hattie, the pony pic wouldn't post,too big.
the pasture is in Pennsy. In the fall.
I am doing nothing now,back from WPB and Mississippi and in the midst of a bad snow/hailstorm.

how is FLorida?

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:55 PM
waiting for a quiz question from you???

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:56 PM
It IS Dream In Gold. Good job!!

Jane, your baby gorgeous!! I'd babysit for you anytime!

Va Bred Big Dreams...is that really his name???

~Courtney~

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:56 PM
Thanks
I have 6 young ones! ought to be fun at Devon!

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 07:58 PM
no
thepony is by Wellen Red Rock by Carolinas Red Fox
cansend you the pic,it wont post

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:00 PM
I want her to tell me that I'm right with my answer!!!! Dream in Gold!! No questions from me - I have to go to bed! Work beckons me tomorrow! Jane - Florida is still toasty! Pastures and trees are green. Suppose to be cold though for the next few days.

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:03 PM
I am the Champion!!!!! Now how come when I get to work tomorrow my memory will be shot? We had better move this to the breeding forum or we will be in trouble with Erin! Good night - thanks for the entertainment!

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:05 PM
Had to take a shower...

Yes, you are definitely the big winner for the night. You are right about Dream In Gold.

But we can still play. In fact, I make a challenge that we keep this thread going longer than the "Question for Merry" or "Question for Canter" threads. All we have to do is keep thinking up stallions. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Courtney~

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:07 PM
Isn't it called cheating when you have 20 years of COTH stallion issues spread across the floor searching for the quiz answers??? lol.
/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:08 PM
Who is the SF stallion that won 2 regular classes at WEF beating Strapless? Justbay and Jane CANNOT answer!!!

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:09 PM
OHHHH, PULEEZE!! I want to have a correct answer!!!!!!!!!

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:15 PM
I have been saving those issues just for a night like this!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:16 PM
I need another hint...

~Courtney~

JumperEq
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:18 PM
ditto

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:20 PM
at the same place that a previously mentioned stallion stands! and the most important clue - Hattie knows him in the biblical sense (sort of /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ).

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:21 PM
I can give you a hint. One of the year end top AHSA 2nd yr horses in 2000.

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:22 PM
Oh heck, I can't think of that horse's name...it's driving me crazy and now I have to go offline for a while. I'll be back in about an hour or so so PLEASE, I hope someone gets this right and doesn't leave this one hanging!!

~Courtney~

Applesauce
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:23 PM
Castle Creek?

~Courtney~

MsHunter
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:24 PM
no fun
a hint
sounds like a BAD word

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:24 PM
Parlais vous francais? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:26 PM
Let's make Big Dreams crazy until tomorrow! She's probably leaving so that she can study those stallion issues! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JumperEq
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:29 PM
Okay, am I really *that* dumb or is it really just too late for my brain to function properly?

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:29 PM
does that "word" mean in French????

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:32 PM
but you must pull out your COTH Stallion Issue! I am sure you save it every year right? Another hint - he is bay!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Duffy
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:33 PM
FAKIR ROUGE!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JumperEq
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:35 PM
Does this mean I've been caught? haha, I let my subscription die awhile back and haven't gotten around to renew it. I would have back issues but we just moved and I was forced to throwaway the majority of my magazines. (Oh the horror!!)

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:36 PM
You are the French expert, just what does Fakir mean in French? I know Rouge is red. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:36 PM
btw,
Fakir means "wonder worker"

JumperEq
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:37 PM
....I would've never guessed that.... dern /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:40 PM
to bed for me!! It's Justbay's turn tomorrow. And now JumperEq has time to round up someone's Stallion Issue at the barn! Duffy needs to play too.

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:42 PM
Who is the sire of Tindle?
This is really a trivia question? Big bay TB stallion that also sired a A/O hunter stallion that stood in the northeast.

JumperEq
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:48 PM
I dont think this is it, but Jasprin? (hey...its a big bay TB stallion, work with me here people, all I have is a PH Stallion thing)

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:50 PM
My first guess is The Party's Over!????

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:52 PM
this stallion stood in Tennessee. Practical Horseman only works if you have old issues - JumperEq! It's not Jasprin (rest his soul).

JumperEq
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:55 PM
Dang it, I should've never let my mom convince me that I needed to part with all of my dear, dear back issues... /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Justbay
Mar. 4, 2001, 08:56 PM
Fabled Monarch??

Hattie
Mar. 4, 2001, 09:05 PM
You win!!!!!!!!!!Good night!

Applesauce
Mar. 5, 2001, 06:39 AM
Here are your clues:

Widely known as a race horse stud but is now being promoted as a sport horse stallion. He'a a flea-bitten Thoroughbred and he stands in NY. His stud fee is $3,500. He was once considered "horse of the year".

~Courtney~

MsHunter
Mar. 5, 2001, 06:46 AM
Spectacular Bid

LaurieB
Mar. 5, 2001, 06:46 AM
Big Dreams, that one's easy...

Spectacular Bid!

Applesauce
Mar. 5, 2001, 06:52 AM
These are too easy. Okay, I'm going to have to start coming up with some real tough ones...

~Courtney~

Applesauce
Mar. 5, 2001, 06:54 AM
Dark bay Dutch stallion. Currently showing in the Regular working divisions. Four white socks and a blaze. His sire is Ramiro Z.

~Courtney~

MsHunter
Mar. 5, 2001, 06:57 AM
James Bond?

Blue Devil
Mar. 5, 2001, 07:00 AM
James Bond?!

Well here are two for those gelded ones out there!
Now Cut Stallion who was/is a successful hunter....especially in the conformations..bay w/star

Now Cut Stallion who was/is a successful hunter- he was cut late so his pro riders used to refer to him as "the Truck" because of his bullish behavior back then....Chesnut w/ some white...now he goes great with a junior rider (hint: His nickname is the first three letters of a major city in Austraila)

wait a minute! Justified "is an Imported Dutch" born right here in the USA in Iowa (or bred there I mean)...Riiiight.

Applesauce
Mar. 5, 2001, 07:01 AM
You are too good!!

Okay. TB stallion that died last Spring. Promoted as a hunter stallion but not very widely. He had no white and was bay.

~Courtney~

Hattie
Mar. 5, 2001, 07:15 AM
This must stop during working hours!! You are jeopardizing my paycheck!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Is it Jasprin?

MsHunter
Mar. 5, 2001, 07:38 AM
who is working? I am in NJ,in the midst of a snow/ice storm. No riding,showing, training,nothing to do!~

Hattie
Mar. 5, 2001, 08:40 AM
It's cold here too, I had to wear long sleeves this morning! And I still have to work!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif And what's the answer to the 2 recent geldings - the junior horse's name has slipped my name, but I remember him winning as a stallion. Next stallion - this chestnut stallion shows in the A/O's (very nice and successful) and his sire shows in the jumpers. Name him and his sire!

Jewelers Mark
Mar. 5, 2001, 12:50 PM
Rio Bronco/Rio Grande? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PICTURES (http://www.photoloft.com/view/Album.asp?s=xpag&u=731003&a=589289)

JumperEq
Mar. 5, 2001, 12:57 PM
The first "now gelding" is Dialog L, right? One of Georgina's horses I do believe.

JumperEq
Mar. 5, 2001, 01:00 PM
The first "now gelding" is Dialog L, right? One of Georgina's horses I do believe.

Hattie
Mar. 5, 2001, 01:03 PM
I saw the stallion video for Rio Bronco - WOW! What a nice horse. I remember seeing your baby in a Chronicle ad too!

MsHunter
Mar. 5, 2001, 01:11 PM
Is it Dialog L? one of georginas

Zaboobafoo
Mar. 5, 2001, 01:40 PM
Must be Dialog L and Most Wanted, right??

Zaboobafoo
Mar. 5, 2001, 01:42 PM
Must be Dialog L and Most Wanted, right??

Applesauce
Mar. 5, 2001, 02:51 PM
The bay TB that died last Spring...Jasprin is a good guess but that's not it. Try the other coast. He stood in Virginia.

And hey, what DID happen to Jasprin? Wasn't he young?

~Courtney~

Hattie
Mar. 5, 2001, 03:03 PM
is it Unfold?

Applesauce
Mar. 5, 2001, 03:05 PM
YES!!!!!

You are waaaaayyyy too good.

Do you know what happened to Jasprin?

~Courtney~

Justbay
Mar. 5, 2001, 03:39 PM
bay gelding that was Champion everywhere he went including Devon and Indoors in the early nineties in Green Conformation. Who is he and who is his sire??

Hint...he was born a southern boy.

Hattie
Mar. 5, 2001, 05:19 PM
Would it happen to be The Wizard???!!

Justbay
Mar. 5, 2001, 05:20 PM
Yes Hattie, you are brilliant, but who is his sire??

Hattie
Mar. 5, 2001, 05:22 PM
Windsor a DW.

Justbay
Mar. 5, 2001, 05:25 PM
And Windsor's sire was????

Hattie
Mar. 5, 2001, 05:27 PM
Luckyboy!

Justbay
Mar. 5, 2001, 05:32 PM
Hattie you are too good.

OK, another bay gelding who won a ton with a
former A/O rider from the East. She turned pro in the early 1990's. He was a consistant winner in the Regular Working for years and now occasionally does the adults.

Who is he and who is he by??

MsHunter
Mar. 5, 2001, 05:34 PM
I am hereby holding you all responsible
As of 7p.m.this evening I adopted a grey TB mare
4 years old, and got a contract being sent to me to breed a new mare to CandyBoy Justifieds sire.
If I continue to play your game itwill cost me more money!!!

Justbay
Mar. 5, 2001, 05:37 PM
Uh oh Jane! You are in trouble now!!lol.

Hattie
Mar. 5, 2001, 05:38 PM
and Landslide is the sire!

Justbay
Mar. 5, 2001, 05:40 PM
OH Hattie!!! You are toooooo MUCH! I must go clean some stalls and think of a way to stump you. HMMMM.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Applesauce
Mar. 5, 2001, 07:12 PM
Chestnut stallion. No white. He's a TB. Semi-retired now, not showing as much these days. He was big in the working division and was featured in a Rodney Jenkin's video.

~Courtney~

JumpTheMoon
Mar. 5, 2001, 07:32 PM
The pictures you had posted on page 6, who's are they? Who's pinto is that?

Justbay
Mar. 5, 2001, 07:34 PM
That would be Simbalu!!

Jewelers Mark
Mar. 5, 2001, 07:39 PM
She's mine /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hattie
Mar. 5, 2001, 08:00 PM
Justbay so that you would feel better!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Applesauce
Mar. 5, 2001, 10:26 PM
Simbalu is correct.

~Courtney~

JumpTheMoon
Mar. 6, 2001, 03:00 PM
Can I have her? Or do I have to steal her? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif She is absolutely adorable, what breeding is she? How old? Height? (You can e-mail me if you would rather - frostprincess06@hotmail.com) I had the picture of her as a baby on my desktop for ever but my brother somehow erased it and I had forgoten who's pictures they were, so I never got the chance to put it back up. I absolutely LOVE paints, and she is by far one of my favorites! Good luck with her (if I dont steal her first)! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jewelers Mark
Mar. 6, 2001, 03:31 PM
Wow....compliments don't get much better than that! LOL She just turned 4 and is a solid 16.1h. She by Hallmark/(Hall Of Fame/Art Deco) out of Moonlight Jewel making her a 79% TB and 21% DWB pinto. I hope to have her do the 4 yo IHF program this year....she's a great girl! Thanks /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jewelers Mark
Mar. 6, 2001, 03:42 PM
This gray dutch stallion was AHSA HOTY in 1989.

Hattie
Mar. 6, 2001, 03:48 PM
Saluut II!

Jewelers Mark
Mar. 6, 2001, 03:50 PM
....right of course! Your turn! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hattie
Mar. 6, 2001, 03:59 PM
was regular conformation HOTY in the early 90's and is still showing in the older adult amateurs?

Applesauce
Mar. 6, 2001, 04:00 PM
Dark bay flagship stallion that "died". The farm was offering a reward for info on the cause of his death.

~Courtney~

JumpTheMoon
Mar. 6, 2001, 04:05 PM
First of all, you don't tell me that she is 16.1, because thats the perfect size, and that makes me want her more. Second, you don't tell me that she's TB and DWB because that makes me want her even more! Wow, she is EXACTLY what I want in my next horse, that is just too weird. I was hoping maybe she'd be like 15.1 and i'd have so say ohhh she's too small, but no she just has to be even more perfect than I already thought possible. Can you clone her? Or somehow get me the exact same horse? lol. I WANT HER! What is her name? Do you have an recent pictures of her? I'll trade you my really cute Golden Retriever and my cat for her! Pleaseeee!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Beezer
Mar. 6, 2001, 04:38 PM
Too easy for us California-cliquesters. That would be South Pacific.

Jewelers Mark
Mar. 6, 2001, 05:23 PM
You're toooo funny! Nope, can't make a trade, (as much as I do love goldens) however, I can give you some phone numbers where you might be able to find one along her lines. Where in Ontario are you? I only ask because I got that plain bay horse from the Schomberg area (Gimcrack Farm). You can email me if you want /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JumpTheMoon
Mar. 6, 2001, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately I think ma and pa would kick me out of the house if I asked for another horse, since they just bought me an awesome one! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifBut you can still feel free to give her to me - and if you ever change your mind about the trade.....:D The bay is very nice as well, what is his show name? I have some friends from Gimcrack - when did you buy him? What are you doing with him? For future refrences, will you e-mail me the contacts of people who may have some horses along her lines, please. I e-mailed you back. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SueL
Mar. 6, 2001, 05:39 PM
I saw Candyboy competing I think Intermediare under Belinda Nairn (sp?) at Dressage At Devon a few years back.

Not the purtiest hoss - sort of rough as warmbloods can be - but an extravagant mover (note that some of the extravagant sorts can have problems with the collected movements and can be somewhat lateral at the walk - not good if one is of the dressage persuasion it seems) Very athletic fellow.

Justified was apparently bred in the Netherlands and was trained for the dressage court - did not make it to the highest levels there but had an affinity for jumping it seems.

How about another tack here? People tend to make a big deal about breeding for the various disciplines. How much - or little - do you think it really matters?

Sue, my opinion to follow responses

Applesauce
Mar. 6, 2001, 07:07 PM
You got it!! I figured that was an easy one...especially for ya'll Californians. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

~Courtney~

Justbay
Mar. 6, 2001, 08:45 PM
.............any chance that is Western Prospect?

Justbay
Mar. 6, 2001, 08:49 PM
chestnut gelding (15.2) who can jump 4 foot as good as anyone and at the best! Who is he and who is he by?

Hattie
Mar. 7, 2001, 04:42 AM
it's Sea Wasp!

Justbay
Mar. 7, 2001, 04:54 AM
I had a gelding by the same stallion as Sea Wasp!!

Lord Helpus
Mar. 7, 2001, 04:58 AM
How about a gelding who was Conformation Hunter Champion everywhere before becoming an equitation horse -- who then won the Maclay finals.

What is the horse's name and who rode him to the Maclay win?

Hattie
Mar. 7, 2001, 09:55 AM
is it Jupiter/Zeus? And PamM, need a hint - what decade? I am guessing a TB from around 20 yrs ago - am I on the right track?

Lord Helpus
Mar. 7, 2001, 10:16 AM
Perhaps not quite 20, but close. What color is the horse you are guessing?

Chef Jade
Mar. 7, 2001, 10:45 AM
Justbay, I agree with HATTIE, its' Jupiter by Zeus.

I was just going to do that one but youbeat me to it. My clue would have been a pic of my 15.2 hand mare by Jupiter (his spittin' image)

Blue Devil
Mar. 7, 2001, 11:16 AM
Chef- Jade is GORGEOUS?! Can I buy her?

Hattie
Mar. 7, 2001, 01:41 PM
I am grasping straws here.....Christy Conard and she rode a horse owned by the Firestone's I believe...

Hattie
Mar. 7, 2001, 01:44 PM
Maker's Mark?

Lord Helpus
Mar. 8, 2001, 05:04 AM
NOPE!!! Stumped you!!

It was Native Surf and Peter Wylde

And CHEF: Nice horse!!!! And those socks are so blazingly white they hurt my eyes to look at! Are you a member of the "cornstarch" clique?

Hattie
Mar. 8, 2001, 07:36 AM
Did you know that Katie Monahan also showed Maker's Mark in the regular conformation hunters? So maybe I'm half right???? and Christy won the Maclay.

Twister
Mar. 8, 2001, 08:59 AM
Native Surf? Really?? My memory may be fading but I remember him as ugly as a mud fence. The grey one, right? And, unfortunately, it was '81 or '82, I think, so we are close to the 20 year mark. My, how time flies.

Justbay
Mar. 8, 2001, 09:16 AM
A hunter whose barn name is a Sesame Street character. Who is he and who is he by? /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

MsHunter
Mar. 8, 2001, 09:35 AM
AKA Ernie

Who is he by?

Lord Helpus
Mar. 8, 2001, 09:49 AM
was actually a gorgeous horse -- not flashy (except for the gray color) but exquisitely balanced with all the parts in just the right places. And when he was showing 4' in the Conformaiton division, he really used his head and neck. I remember seeing him in the eq. division at NY the following year (when he won the finals) and just being amazed at the transformation (quite, broke to death, flat-ish jumper -- everything you would want an eq. horse to be).

But I still rememver my first thought, which was: who would have even THOUGHT to try him as an eq. horse? It is not the usual route for a good eq. horse to follow.

Reckoning
Mar. 8, 2001, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know who Overdressed's sire and dam are? I'm quite curious.