PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the National Preview or the LA National at LAEC?

AAJumper
Oct. 13, 2001, 09:07 PM
I was only going to go for the Preview, but for some reason against logic I decided to go to the LA National also. I must be insane to plan to show at LAEC for two weeks in a row. Of course, my barn friend were NO help in talking me out of it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I feel like I'm addicted to crack and my friends are a bunch of enablers! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

So anyway, it would be fun to meet if anyone plans on going....although I was quite unsuccessful in meeting anyone at the last LAEC show, despite wearing my COTH cap!!!

AAJumper
Oct. 13, 2001, 09:07 PM
I was only going to go for the Preview, but for some reason against logic I decided to go to the LA National also. I must be insane to plan to show at LAEC for two weeks in a row. Of course, my barn friend were NO help in talking me out of it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I feel like I'm addicted to crack and my friends are a bunch of enablers! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

So anyway, it would be fun to meet if anyone plans on going....although I was quite unsuccessful in meeting anyone at the last LAEC show, despite wearing my COTH cap!!!

larlanger
Oct. 13, 2001, 09:18 PM
Welcome! It will be nice to have you at the shows. I hope the weather stays nice.

Kylie
Oct. 13, 2001, 09:29 PM
I am going to the GP again, just need to make a meeting place lol! And I think a friend of mine is going to the preview so I might be going there too.

~*~Helen~*~
Mother to a 16-year-old 16.1h Dark Bay TB Mare by the name of Kylie

AAJumper
Oct. 13, 2001, 09:37 PM
Thanks Larlanger, I hope the weather changes from today! It was HOT and DRY!!! And I imagine that Burbank was even hotter than where I was. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Just keep that cold water coming to the rings, we'll need it if the weather is like today was! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Kylie, I am done Saturday so I don't know if I'll stay for the GP!

AAJumper
Oct. 13, 2001, 10:37 PM
LarLanger, since you're here....who is doing the course designs for the AA jumper ring at the Preview and National? It seems Scott Starnes usually does them, but at the last show, they didn't seem like his courses, and they weren't on the paper he usually uses that has his name. They seemed, well, a little dull...not one triple combination, not even in the M&S classic! And never more than one combination. It was a little disappointing.

What happened to the Pony Express sandwich ladies that were at the Trail's End arena? They are sorely missed. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif We do not, however, miss the cows that used to live next to that arena. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I should mention that the exhibitor parties had excellent food at the Jumping Festival. The fruit with cut roll sandwiches was fabulous, as was the pancake breakfast w/sausage. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chanda
Oct. 14, 2001, 07:46 AM
If you can tell me the dates of both shows and when the GP is I would love to come down and watch. We 'should' be finishing up harvest soon and now it is time for me to PLAY!! Working from 5am to 10pm doing hard labor really gets you excited for when it is all over, hehe! I have really been meaning to go to some shows and watch the jumpers and meet more BBers so this sounds like a good opportunity.

AAJumper
Oct. 14, 2001, 08:33 AM
The Preview is Nov 7-11, and the LA National is Nov 14-18. The GP is Nov 17 at 7pm. I think Chef was saying that she would be at the LA National, so Chris would be there too I would assume.

daytimedrama
Oct. 14, 2001, 08:48 AM
aww... If I was going to have a trainer in Nov then I would show, but maybe I'll go and hang out down there. Unfortuantly I didn't get to try any food at the exhibitors party because I was still warming up for my Children's classes when they were finishing! (classes a little late maybe?)

~Christina~
"Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, Darling!"
JD;Heathers
*Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.*

Chef Jade
Oct. 14, 2001, 09:46 AM
Yep! I'll be at the National only (2nd show.) I would prefer going to the Preview but I'll actually be in Cincinnati visiting Mr. Chef. He has been gone about 3 months, Its time for me to just sack it up an go.

We will all have to meet up at teh show! I have yet to meet Kylie!

AAJumper - I am usually concerned about this show always being too cold! But I guess the last time I was showing here was when I did all the nightime medal finals. Brrrrrrrr!

AAJumper
Oct. 14, 2001, 10:40 AM
Chef, I sure hope it is colder than yesterday! But yes, I remember it being cold in the evenings last year too. I think the temperature was perfect during the day, if I remember correctly. What I distinctly remember was the horrible gnats hanging out in the shade in the Allen arena. Cypress was going nuts! She hates bugs, they make her crazy.

Now what's this about Mr.Chef being in Cincinnati for three months??? When is he coming back? I remember you mentioned that you might move there, but I didn't realize he actually went! Okay, I guess I can't complain that Mr.AAJumper worked all 3 days of this weekend (24 hr shifts)!!! 3 days is nothing compared to 3 months!!!

Daytimedrama, when is your trainer moving? Did you decided to stay at the current barn for a while? As for the last show, wow...some of those classes went really late! Yikes!

daytimedrama
Oct. 14, 2001, 04:04 PM
well I'm not going on Nov, 1 but if I can get the money together I'll go in Dec. ::fingers-crossed!!!:: I actually have to go talk to my mom right now about the preview, hmm when do entries close, with my luck tomorrow!

~Christina~
JD;Heathers

findeight
Oct. 14, 2001, 04:10 PM
So you think it's cold out there? Bring your coat to Cincy. E-mail me if you need anything while you are back here.

From Allergy Valley USA

AAJumper
Oct. 14, 2001, 04:30 PM
Well, DaytimeDrama....the entries do indeed close tomorrow! And unfortunately, there aren't any shows in December, as far as I know.

[This message was edited by AAJumper on Oct. 15, 2001 at 12:54 AM.]

Chef Jade
Oct. 14, 2001, 06:29 PM
Unfortunately that would be a total of 18 months that Mr. Chef will be in Cincy. I did opt to stay here (weather, job, horse.) He knows he falls in line behind those things. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I just have yet to actually go visit him there!

Thanks findeight...I hope that next spring that I will visit him during a show at the KHP so i can watch - hopefully we can meet. I have a friend who trains with John Roper so I'd love to meet up with her, too.

daytimedrama
Oct. 14, 2001, 09:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AAJumper:
Well, DaytimeDrama....the entries do indeed close tomorrow! And unfortunately, there aren't any shows in December, as far as I know.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh yeah I know there are no shows in Dec, I meant move barns in Dec.

~Christina~
JD;Heathers

OhhMeow
Oct. 14, 2001, 09:33 PM
Hey guys! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I will be at both Preview and National, so come find me!

~Hads~
&
~Wishful Thinking~
"Imagine all the people,
living life in peace..."
~John Lennon~

In The Gate
Oct. 14, 2001, 10:30 PM
I'm planning on going to the National, and maybe the first one too, if someone will tell me when it is /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

We should all arange to meet

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
Valerie's home page (http://www.geocities.com/vwiles02)

Kylie
Oct. 15, 2001, 12:02 AM
I am finally going to meet you CHEF!!! WOOOHOOO! I met In The Gate, so I will have no problem finding her, and I found Cypress last time so if you see a REALLY REALLY white girl walking around there, then thats most likely me. I will have my el cheapo camera-o with me, and most likely I will completely ditch my trainer this time and kick it with In The Gate. Peoples, since we are ALL going, we need to make a meeting place at a good time! I am all for it, cuz I am going to be there all day Saturday for the National, no Preview I think. SO lets get this baby going!

~*~Helen~*~

AAJumper
Oct. 15, 2001, 08:37 AM
Now I know I am really nuts....I ended up changing my mind, and decided not to go to the National, just the Preview. I woke up at 5:30 this morning thinking, "WHY am I going for 2 weeks in a row???" I'd rather spend the money on a nice digital camcorder!!! And I don't want to deal with getting the extra time off work, since my classes go Thurs-Sat.

Anyway, if everyone is going to plan to get together on Saturday of for the GP, I might show up, since my trainer will be down there at the show. Only one person from my barn will be showing though. Is anyone going to be at the Preview?

Chanda
Oct. 15, 2001, 03:16 PM
Hey Chef, I have the Turkey show marked on my calender as the 17th - 26th of Nov. Is this right?? Is Cris still going and all that?

I would love to meet some more of you and since I may not even make it to the Turkey show that might be possible. If I don't show I will try and make it for the GP for sure.

OhhMeow
Oct. 15, 2001, 06:59 PM
AA Jumper- I will be at Preview in the Older Childrens Hunters. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Chanda- Turkey Show (assuming you are talking about SB!) is 21-25 I believe. I will be there too, but not showing.
So when is everyone meeting? Saturday of National at the GP?

~Hads~
&
~Wishful Thinking~
"Imagine all the people,
living life in peace..."
~John Lennon~

Kylie
Oct. 15, 2001, 07:34 PM
But I may also go to the Preview to watch so that I can get some visuale tips from other people, you know, watching the hands and the legs. So what is a good time for y'all?

~*~Helen~*~

CB
Oct. 15, 2001, 07:56 PM
I will be at both. I should be riding in the younger AAs on a baby. If I'm not showing, I'm sure I'll be there to school ponies.

AAJumper
Oct. 15, 2001, 10:19 PM
CB, I'd love to finally meet! Every time I'd go in to get my eyes checked, your dad and I would talk about which shows I was just at and which you were just at, and they never seemed to be the same!

Anyway, I'll be there Fri-Sun showing in the low AA jumpers and AA jumpers. Sunday I'm planning on doing just the AA's and the AA classic (my first classic ever!). Several people from my barn will be there, so I'll be all over the place. I'll wear my COTH cap though!

Kylie
Oct. 15, 2001, 10:28 PM
How about the Saturday of the GP around 6, we all meet at Viva's for din din? Then around 7 we walk to the GP. Sound good? I think we can also do it on a Saturday during the Preview for the people who can't go to the GP. Sound good? Lemme here you say YEAHHHHHHH! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~*~Helen~*~

In The Gate
Oct. 15, 2001, 10:41 PM
Helen, where is Viva's?

I want to come!!

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~

AAJumper
Oct. 15, 2001, 11:00 PM
Viva's is that Mexican restaurant that is right on the corner when you enter LAEC. It's the one will all the poor rental horses tied up as their riders have dinner. I always feel sorry for those horses when I see them standing there at night!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'm not sure if I'm going to go watch the GP or not. I am considering visiting my friend in Palm Desert that weekend, but I don't know if that is going to work out.

CB
Oct. 16, 2001, 02:00 PM
AAJumper,
I'll look for you. If I'm showing, I'll be riding a black horse in the aa hunters or I'll just be hacking ponies.

Chanda
Oct. 16, 2001, 02:05 PM
Do you need tickets to the GP?? I am up for a little Mexi dinner before (I am always ready to eat!). Gosh, what time do I need to leave Lompoc in order to get down there by 6?? What a drive!

AAJumper
Oct. 16, 2001, 02:42 PM
Yes, you need tix, but you can buy them there. However, exhibitors get them for free, and they generally don't limit the # you can get.

daytimedrama
Oct. 16, 2001, 07:17 PM
hint, hint AAjumper you'll just have to say you have to pick up lots of tickets for friends at your barn! (not that I support lying or anything! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

~Christina~
JD;Heathers

AAJumper
Oct. 16, 2001, 08:04 PM
CB, I'll be doing the A/A Jumpers on a tall seal brown TB mare who likes to stick her tongue out! I'll also be wearing my COTH cap when I'm not riding.

Daytimedrama, I won't even be an exhibitor that week because I flaked out on going. I decided one week was enough for me since I'd have to take off work, etc. But my friend will be showing! And Chef is showing too, right?

Chanda
Oct. 16, 2001, 09:26 PM
How much are the tix???

Jamie Taylor
Oct. 17, 2001, 01:04 PM
hey, Ill be at both shows. I dont know who I will be showing or what I will be showing in. I am pretty sure I will do WCE finals on my USET finals horse (miss molly.....) at the national but i never actually know who i am riding until i go into the ring with them.. I have yet to qualify for the LA Junior finals (oops silly me) and dont know if i would have a horse anyways since mine would just come back from NY...but I will be there to school if i am not showing, hope we can all meet there?

AAJumper
Oct. 17, 2001, 01:46 PM
Chanda, the tix usually run $10 I believe.

Kylie
Oct. 17, 2001, 02:17 PM
all just meet at the grass ring around 3-ish?

~*~Helen~*~

Chanda
Oct. 17, 2001, 02:39 PM
Do you have any idea what time the GP would end. It is outside so probably not much after dark right? I think it is a 3 hour drive home. Anyone want to share a hotel room?? I hate night driving!!

Chef Jade
Oct. 17, 2001, 02:59 PM
We have never actually met but I had a nice chat with your mom at The Oaks about a year ago. LOL! But you know my old horse "Chef" because you won the PCHA finals on him. I sold him to Emily. I was happy that you didn't swith horses back for the awards ceremony because Chef loved to win. I am sure he knew he had won it with you!

So we really should meet in person this time! I be showing at the National in the younger A/A hunters on a little chestnut named Jade.

AAJumper
Oct. 17, 2001, 03:04 PM
Kylie, there won't be anything going on the grass ring at that show. The GP is in the Equidome, Chanda, and it starts around 7:30 I think. Depending on the # of entries (and if there is a jumpoff) it could end anywhere from 9-10. Last time no one made the jumpoff!!!

Kylie
Oct. 19, 2001, 08:42 PM
Since nothing is going on at the grass ring, would it be the perfect meeting place, we most certainly can't miss each other if we are all there?

~*~Helen~*~

Pretender
Oct. 20, 2001, 09:25 AM
My pony should be there for the Preveiw with Scarteen Show Stabbles. And my barn is going for the National, although I can't go. If anyone sees my pony PLEASE let me know, cuz i haven't seen her for awhile, and she is at that barn to be sold. She is a bay large with a blaze and Three stockings and a white tail. I'll attach a pic of her.

*Pretender*

AAJumper
Oct. 20, 2001, 10:09 AM
VERY cute pony, Pretender! I'll keep my eyes open for her.

Chanda
Oct. 20, 2001, 12:11 PM
Oh gosh, ponies are sooo cute! I wish I was small.

I have convinced my hubby to drive down for the GP. Hopefully you all will not mind a non-horsey hubby tagging along(he is still learning so we can all school him, hehe).

Are we going to meet for an early dinner too? I am so excited to meet all of you!

Kylie
Oct. 20, 2001, 06:46 PM
I will look for her too, little leggy thing!

~*~Helen~*~

OhhMeow
Nov. 12, 2001, 04:33 PM
But you know my old horse "Chef" because you won the PCHA finals on him. I sold him to Emily. I was happy that you didn't swith horses back for the awards ceremony because Chef loved to win. I am sure he knew he had won it with you!

Chanda- maybe you'd know this. Was that the same Chef that was at Betsy's for awhile forever ago?

~Hads~
&
~Wishful Thinking~
"Imagine all the people,
living life in peace..."
~John Lennon~

Chanda
Nov. 12, 2001, 05:09 PM
I must not have been there during that time because I don't remember any Chefs. I don't think this would be the same horse though.

Is everyone still meeting for the GP? This rain has thrown a wrench in my plans but I would still like to try and go!

Chef Jade
Nov. 12, 2001, 05:22 PM
Doubtful it was the same Chef because I got him at Hap Hansen's and they bought him back east, and before that he had been imported.

You mean to tell me that there were 2 people strange enough to name a horse Chef?

So I'll try and stay for the GP. I'll be showing earlier in the day so depending what time you make it down, Chanda, you may be able to see us in action.

We will be incognito b/c somehow I ended up being the only one a the barn going. So we won't have our drapes up or anything.

I am sure I will find you. I am certainly up for dinner. We MUST go to Viva's!!!!

Chanda
Nov. 13, 2001, 04:49 PM
OK, it is on, I am coming to the GP! Where are we all meeting and when? Dinner??

In The Gate
Nov. 13, 2001, 04:54 PM
I'm coming too!

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~

Chef Jade
Nov. 13, 2001, 05:28 PM
Here is the plan:

We meet between 4:45 and 5:00 in front of the snack shack between the east ring and large oval. I will be wearing my CoTH cap (ohhh unless I take it to be embroidered.) I will be with Chanda who is easy to spot becase she is taaaalllll and very beautiful - we are talking runway model here, folks.

From there, we will trot on over to Viva's for some dinner and maragarita's (virgin ones for you In The Gate /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

Anyone else care to join? We need to put the VA clique and Mosbys to shame!

P.S. I will try to get as many GP tickets in the office as I can.

In The Gate
Nov. 13, 2001, 05:38 PM
Sounds good! I will probably be meeting Helen (Kylie on COTH) earlier in the day.

Where do you get the tickets? Do you have to get them in advance, or can you just walk up and buy them?
Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~

Chef Jade
Nov. 13, 2001, 05:42 PM
Well Chanda and I will be there most of the day as well. I really want to watch the Onondarka Finals. I'll be showing in the younger A/A hunters on Jade - so look for us! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OhhMeow
Nov. 13, 2001, 07:36 PM
Chef- Let me know if you need me to get any extra GP tickets... none of my family is going, and I don't even know if I am gonna watch the GP (are we gonna Jamie?) but either way, I can get tix for people. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I will be doin the Older Childrens Hunters on Wishful Thinking... hopefully we will be a touch better than last week! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Hahaha. And I dont know if it was the same horse Chef... He wasn't at Betsy's as it turns out, Court just told me she used to know him, he wasn't at the barn. Anyways, I will most likely see y'all at National... Chanda- I hear Betsy will be there, we were stabled next to her at Preview.

~Hads~
&
~Wishful Thinking~
"Imagine all the people,
living life in peace..."
~John Lennon~

daytimedrama
Nov. 13, 2001, 10:49 PM
I'm a major flake right now, waaay too much caffine, and staying up late to do Homework. What day are we talking about? well I'll have to see if I can come. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Christina~
"I don't patronize bunny rabbits!" -Heathers

Chanda
Nov. 14, 2001, 07:31 AM
(Oh god, Hadley! Remind me not to come and visit over there! Hehe)

Why doesn't everyone who is going to meet take my cell phone number. Since I will not be riding or anything I will have it with me all day.
805-717-1985

I will be getting to the show around 11am or so depending on traffic so feel free to call anytime. I will probably just be wandering around looking for Chef! I will also be wearing my COTH cap.

See everyone in front of the snack shack between the East ring and the large oval at 4:45 Saturday the 17th for the GP!

Chef Jade
Nov. 14, 2001, 02:37 PM
Horse show update:

The pre-green hack (4th class of the day) is scheduled to go at 6:30 /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

There are 60 pre-green horses!

Jade was all dressed up and had no place to "show." She was cleaned and braided this morning and isn't to be doing her rounds until 4:00. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

AAJumper
Nov. 14, 2001, 02:47 PM
Yep, that hack went REALLY late last Thursday! My friend rode her horse in it, and it was pitch black out when she was riding. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Patrick is riding her horse in the o/f pre-green classes this week too. His name is Solid Citizen, in case you happen to see him! Good luck to Jade! Will Cris be doing her in the pre-green futurity (or whatever they call it...I don't remember!) on Friday if she qualifies?

Unfortunately, I can't make it to the GP on Saturday. I am going out to visit my friend in Palm Desert. I have to keep in touch to ensure a place to stay during Indio!!!

Chef Jade
Nov. 14, 2001, 03:40 PM
Too bad you can't make it on Sat. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I guess duty calls, since you won't want to be shacking up at the motel 6 with all the truckers like I do! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

John F is actually going to ride Jade. With 60 in the division, we need all the politics - I mean - luck we can get! HOPEFULLY she will be a good girl and qualify for the championship.

Isn't there supposed to be a recession or something? Where did all these people come from?

How did it go last week? We haven't gotten our requisite Cypress update! And here I am updating before my horse even gets INTO the ring! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by Chef on Nov. 14, 2001 at 06:50 PM.]

OhhMeow
Nov. 14, 2001, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chanda:
(Oh god, Hadley! Remind me not to come and visit over there! Hehe)

Why doesn't everyone who is going to meet take my cell phone number. Since I will not be riding or anything I will have it with me all day.
805-717-1985

I will be getting to the show around 11am or so depending on traffic so feel free to call anytime. I will probably just be wandering around looking for Chef! I will also be wearing my COTH cap.

See everyone in front of the snack shack between the East ring and the large oval at 4:45 Saturday the 17th for the GP!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know Chanda!!! LOL... You have my cell number too right? I emailed it to you anyways. If you get there early, make sure to come find me and watch the Old Childrens.... it will be entertaining that is for sure, hahahaha...

~Hads~
&
~Wishful Thinking~
"Imagine all the people,
living life in peace..."
~John Lennon~

OhhMeow
Nov. 14, 2001, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chef:
Horse show update:

The pre-green hack (4th class of the day) is scheduled to go at 6:30 /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

There are 60 pre-green horses!

Jade was all dressed up and had no place to "show." She was cleaned and braided this morning and isn't to be doing her rounds until 4:00. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha, no wonder my trainer hasn't called me yet!!! Hahaha. 60?!?! WOW! Oh well, anyways, Chef, I will be hanging out by the Pre-Green ring at some point tomorrow to watch my horse go, he is a little tiny bay with one leeeetle tiny hind sock and his name is Wishful THinking. So if you see me by the ring, don't hesitate to say hi! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I am short (like 5'.... I am seeing to overtake Chanda by Saturday, think I can do it?) and have dark brown hair and will probably be wearing a navy blue sweatshirt that says Michigan on it in gold. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif See y'all this week!

~Hads~
&
~Wishful Thinking~
"Imagine all the people,
living life in peace..."
~John Lennon~

Alex Pakzad
Nov. 14, 2001, 09:48 PM
Hey I was at LA last weekend, and I did the eq stuff. The huge tree in the indoor caused some issues for me:( I'll be there this weekend to do the 14 and under eq championship, childrens jumpers, and Onondarka Finals. Yes, I still show as 12! I have a great birthday! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AAJumper
Nov. 14, 2001, 09:53 PM
The show went well for Cypress and me! I didn't lean or shove at a long distance even once! In fact, we had some really good rounds as far as my riding went, but we had some rails here and there, so no ribbons. The biggest bummer was that on Sunday, I did my AA class without doing the lows first, had a wonderful round, and dropped the last rail! /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif Everyone, in unison (including me while still in the arena) said "damn!"

I did my first classic ever, and that went well. I really liked the course - fortunately Scott Starnes did the courses all week and I really like his courses. I had a lot of fun, and was clean until fence 7A, but then it was mega rails! Unfortunately the last line was the same as the last line in the AA class, and once Cypress knows where she is going, it is harder to get her straight to the fence in a bending line, and thus we have rails. But it was a lot of fun....and some of the fences were decent sized!

Chef, did you look into doing the Susie clinic? I wasn't sure if you saw my last reply on that thread, but there are going to be hunter groups. The clinic is Dec 1 and 2 at Peck Farms in Moorpark. If you look in the horse show office at LAEC, there are (or were) several red business cards for that barn on the desk where the candy is. It would be fun if you could make it. If you can't make that one, email me...I know of another possible clinic you might be interested in.

Chef Jade
Nov. 15, 2001, 08:47 AM
AAJ - I'll look into the clinic! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Sounds like you had an encouraging show. I know it can be a bummer when you actually are RIDING better than ever but stupid stuff gets in the way of getting a ribbon. Riding well and good ribbons don't always have a positive correlation! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ohh Meow - I won't be at the show until tomorrow. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif But I'll look for you once I get there!

AAJumper
Nov. 15, 2001, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex Pakzad:
Hey I was at LA last weekend, and I did the eq stuff. The huge tree in the indoor caused some issues for me:( I'll be there this weekend to do the 14 and under eq championship, childrens jumpers, and Onondarka Finals. Yes, I still show as 12! I have a great birthday! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL...yeah, what was up with that fake tree trunk??? I went in the equidome, and I thought I was at Disneyland or something!!!

Coreene
Nov. 15, 2001, 03:23 PM
I may go watch my friend Torie in the Onodarka, but Saturday night I have a date. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AAJumper
Nov. 15, 2001, 04:27 PM
Did you find another hot cabana boy on the beach Coreene? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Beezer
Nov. 15, 2001, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coreene:
I may go watch my friend Torie in the Onodarka, but Saturday night I have a date. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quick, somebody grab the keys to the liquor cabinet! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif We California clique-sters know how she can get! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

We tease, Coreene. You know we do. We tease because we LIKE you.

****Bulletin Board Goddess****

TuxWink
Nov. 15, 2001, 07:21 PM
I wish I could go! Unfortunately I have to go watch some stupid fight (Lewis v. Rhaman?) with my husband at a friend's house. I abhor boxing. This is going to be tortuous and I don't think I can weasel my way out of it. (Especially since my husband knows how much I just spent on the vet and the two new saddles /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) Have fun, girls, and please post some pics!

Chanda
Nov. 16, 2001, 07:30 AM
So, what you guys are telling me is that for our first CA Clique meeting it is just going to be me, Hadley and Chef??? I can't believe it! Come on, anyone else going to come play with us??

[This message was edited by Chanda on Nov. 16, 2001 at 11:16 AM.]

khobstetter
Nov. 16, 2001, 08:04 AM
Coreene.....
A DATE!!!!! Whoa there!!!!! Bring him to GP so we may all "take a peek" /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif and pass our vote.....hehehehe come on come on, play with us!!!!!!

In The Gate
Nov. 16, 2001, 08:47 AM
Hey, Chanda, I'm coming too! Don't I count for something?

/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And Kylie (Helen) is probably coming too.

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~

Coreene
Nov. 16, 2001, 10:10 AM
Oh nooooo, it is a FIRST DATE. I can't possibly scare the hell out of him with the horses on the first date! This is like the Warm-Up Hunters!! And then he would also be checked out like the Models by this darling bunch. Ooooooooh, I think I'll safely stay in Orange County tomorrow night.

I have always been of the opinion that my boyfriends (too much of a commitment phobe to ever marry) should only come to the barn when they are handymen and can fix things in the stall.

Then again, Chef's boyfriend is the Uber Man For The Horsey Gal. He is gorgeous, he is a sweetie and Jade seems to love him as well.

But then there's always the contrast, like this one husband at my stable. Mr. I Have Never Been On A Horse stands at the rail and coaches ALL the adults in that barn. And thinks it's appropriate!

khobstetter
Nov. 16, 2001, 06:07 PM
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!
New guy or not we are all in this together. All us girls got to stick together and that gives us the RESPONSIBILITY to protect our fellow sisters!!

Heaven forbid this guy does not pass muster because he has his plans to marry you for your money (all horse girls have money), take your horse to the glue factory to save $$$$ (all guys want the money$$$$) and keep you barefoot and penniless cause he has the checkbook (he writes better than you)!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

No No sister Coreene, he has to meet the girls right at the start so we can protect you from yourself!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOO......
Bring him on...we are ready !!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chef Jade
Nov. 16, 2001, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This is like the Warm-Up Hunters!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh - where were those warm-up hunters today when I really needed them????

Jade was a pretty darn good girl today and trucked my sorry a$$ around the A/A's(in an arena she had not yet been in no less!)

She even qualified for the pre-green championship and ended up 12th...there was actually some pilot error if you can believe that! I think there were over 70 pre-green horses.

And I even got to meet Hadley today! I plan to be there to cheer her on tomorrow.

See ya gals then! It sounds like Chanda and I will be chaparones for this affair. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chef Jade
Nov. 16, 2001, 07:30 PM
I almost forgot! Jade's stall is right next to your barn's! It may have even been Cypress's. Consisdering there are about 1200 horses here, I thought that was quite a coincidence. And I think the clinic is a no-go as Cris has to go to an IEL show that weekend and I think Jade needs some time off. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

daytimedrama
Nov. 16, 2001, 07:31 PM
well i'm going out there sometime mid-afternoon, to go to dominion, I'll try to track people down, or if you see me give me a wave! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

~Christina~
"I don't patronize bunny rabbits!" -Heathers

AAJumper
Nov. 16, 2001, 08:21 PM
Chef, that is so funny! We were down for 6 stalls in the office, despite the fact that I cancelled on the day of close of entries. By last week, they still had me down for a stall! So I cancelled it in the office, and I bet they decided to give that one to you! Congrats on Jade qualifying for the classic! I wonder if my friend's horse qualified. She's obviously stabled right next to you! That's too bad that you can't make that clinic. I know of another one that you might be interested in, so email me!

[This message was edited by AAJumper on Nov. 17, 2001 at 02:11 AM.]

Chanda
Nov. 17, 2001, 06:55 AM
Alright, In the gate and Kylie, I expect to see ya there!! I am getting ready to leave soon so I should be there around 10:30 or 11. You all have my phone number, please use it or I will never find anyone. Otherwise we will see ya at 4:45 in front of the snack shack between the East ring and the large oval.

Yay, GP!!

khobstetter
Nov. 17, 2001, 11:10 PM
Ok, just got in and here are the top three..
Will Simpson on Aido Annie
Holly Scapa and Jolanda
Mark Watering and Sapphire
Then a bunch of four faulters I forgot to keep track of (no pen!!).

A great course, big, technical and tough. Folks walking the course were going
"OH OH!!" /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

And is Linda Allen just toooooooo funny!!!!!. Gave a wonderful description of the course and the way it should ride..... from the front seat of a sports car. Yes Yes Yes she was sitting in the passenger seat with her normal hat and a microphone as she was driven around the arena to describe the jumps and the course for the crowd. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Will was supurb, came into the ring picked up an open gallop and never missed a beat. Holly was really good, her horse jumped great and she had a couple of lucky taps that stayed up. Mark was also good, had a bunch of luck and was just so estastic it was fun to watch.

Will blazed and made good turns, left out a step from a triple bar to a narrow vertical in the jump off. Both Holly and Mark pulled the second jump of the jump off and Mark had 1 more down for third.

Was an interesting class, /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And sooooooooo Coreene, how was your evening!??

/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Weatherford
Nov. 18, 2001, 04:02 AM
The ultimate question is, hobstetter, did it ride as she SAID it should??? (or should the riders have listened to her? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Nov. 18, 2001 at 07:38 AM.]

khobstetter
Nov. 18, 2001, 08:57 AM
That, dear Watson, is the true question.

She pretty well called it everywhere!!!! The problem seemed to be that Will stepped into the ring, first rider, and put on the cruise control, went clean and I think (what do I know) a few of the following riders didn't realize it was so difficult.

Holly Scapa, 4th rider, rode brilliently (oops, spelling! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif ) but did have a couple of really lucky breaks for clean also. They were the early cleans and then Mark went 4th from the end for the only other clean. However, lots of cheap 4 faulters that were unlucky. John French and Millenium were really good and strong but he kind of rolled a toe (or something) coming into the triple combination and had a bit of a swim at "B". Spooner had 4 rides of the 32 starters and I think had 4 or 8 faults on almost all of them. Kristen Coe and Pershing are amazing and MOLLY WARMINGTON with Mr. Pacific was actually quite spectacular but had a rail...what a GREAT horse to start the GP ring with.

Everyone else mostly fell victim right about where Linda said they would, trouble at fence 6 ( a funny black and red "fan" jump off a blind left turn after the triple combination), fence 9 (an option of two narrow verticals following a huge triple bar which followed a big square oxer away from the in gate /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif ) and then big troubles at the last combination, square oxer to oxer wide and tall. A few had a problem at the last jump ( a Ford panel set at 5'3" coming quickly away from the in gate after the huge oxer combination).

The "talk of the town" in our part of the seats was Heaven Bound ridden by George Bittar, last to go. Had alot of trouble just about everywhere on the course but is just an amazing horse with a heart as big as the universe!!! We were with Francie and Dick and their clients and everyone was stripping themselves of their jewlery to fund a pot of $$$ to buy him for Dick!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Certainly was a World Cup class.... IMHO! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

khobstetter
Nov. 18, 2001, 04:59 PM
Say Ms Allen, update us on what you thought.... that will be really interesting and informative....

Please Please Please !!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Linda Allen
Nov. 18, 2001, 08:51 PM
was how GREAT it was to have a full house to watch a good class! actually had to delay the start a few minutes for people to get parked when Riverside Drive got overfull getting in -- no kidding!

fun when we get to see show-jumping, well presented for the public, in a venue that is just the right size, develop an 'honest-to-goodness' fan base in the community. It can be done!!

As to course and results; compared to a top European event the first half was a bit 'soft' actually. But the second half was stout enough by any standard.

A couple of people did have unlucky four faults here or there: Ray Texel on Fleur sticks in my memory for a toe on a back rail of 11b. But for many it comes down to keeping the 'rideability' there for ALL the jumps.

Was interesting for me to have Frank Rothenberger (a top designer from Germany that has done a lot of major events in recent years including the European Championships) as a surprise visitor. He was VERY impressed with the arena, the crowd, and the decorations. But his initial reaction was the relative LACK of technical questions I was asking! With the big ring (he says that only Geneva is bigger...) things don't come up as fast as they would in a smaller ring.

It did seem to be enough tho -- and my only 'druthers' would have been having one or two of the 'fours' go clear, and having a winner as the last one to go -- always a CD's dream scenario.

But, just a couple of interesting observations -- all three of the clears last night were riders with a single entry. Rare, but no handicap on this occasion.

Will's mare was his promising and successful (1st or 2nd I think)6 yr old entry in the YJC a couple of years ago; looks, from her great results this year, that he put time and experience into a good one!

And Mark and his nice grey horse we've had the pleasure of watching develop from a really nice, but somewhat green, combination into contenders at this level. (BTW saw Mark in NY watching and learning, smart guy.)

Holly rode a confident first round, putting the experience she's been accumulating to good use on a horse that I hadn't seen before. I'd say they are an excellent match from what we saw over this track -- and following Will's fast and flawless j.o. round she put in a smart ride to finish the year with all systems go for the upcoming season.

It's a nice way to finsh up the year with an evening of real jumping competition one that provided all the excitement and atmosphere that the sport deserves.

Linda Allen

AAJumper
Nov. 18, 2001, 09:23 PM
Linda, I would have loved to have ridden in the M&S jumper classic over the same course the next day (I'm assuming they did that again this year)! Unfortunately, my horse isn't competitive enough to spend $250 just for the experience! Maybe someday though! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Weatherford
Nov. 19, 2001, 02:15 AM
AAJumper - Linda RARELY (if ever) uses the same track for two different classes at two levels! The fences may be in the relatively same place for the ease of setting up and taking down, but the track will be "tweaked" different, asking the different questions APPROPRIATE to the level for which she is building.

People may THINK it is the same track, but, believe me, she puts a TON of thought and consideration into changing each course for each class and level.

The exceptions may be when she has an Jr then A/O class or CH the AA class - where the levels are the same and the time schedule tight.

So, you may think youi are jumping the same course, but if she is CD (or, I believe any of the top CD's!), it really won't be!

I recommend volunteering to be on her jump crew sometime - you will learn a LOT!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chef Jade
Nov. 19, 2001, 08:27 AM
Yes - It was a fabulous class and I have the pictures to prove it! And Ohh Meow and I were very proud of the Hidden Valley contingent. The top 3 all ride in the area. It must be something in the grass they are growing out there!

OK - Now for pics!

Chef Jade
Nov. 19, 2001, 08:29 AM
The last one was I think Susie H and La Gometa.

This is Fluer and Ray Texel. You gotta LOVE the attitude on this horse!

Chef Jade
Nov. 19, 2001, 08:31 AM
Richard and Bradford, I believe.

Chef Jade
Nov. 19, 2001, 08:32 AM
Mark Watring (Ohh Meow's trainer) and Saphire speeding over the airy oxer.

Chef Jade
Nov. 19, 2001, 08:33 AM
Winner Ado Annie and Will Simpson in the Jump Off.

dmj
Nov. 19, 2001, 08:35 AM
That kinda looks like La Gometa. How did she do?

*Go Bruins*

Chef Jade
Nov. 19, 2001, 08:36 AM
And finaally the BB'ers... clockwise from top left:

Chanda, Chef, Erin (In the Gate's friend), Ohh Meow, In the Gate, and Kylie.

khobstetter
Nov. 19, 2001, 10:09 AM
Wow, do you ever have great timing with the camera!!! It is pretty difficult to get ALL the pictures right over the top at the right second, especially with the jumps so high!!

We are impressed!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

With a faster lens (a photographer friend told me that, sounds like I know what that is) I bet they could be sold or even better, sent to Towerheads for the year gallery!!!

Thanks for posting them..... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

khobstetter
Nov. 19, 2001, 10:11 AM
Has anyone noticed that Coreene has been missing from action since friday..... /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I bet the prince stole her away and she is chained in the cellar somewhere...

Where for art thou Coreene????????

AAJumper
Nov. 19, 2001, 10:23 AM
I don't know Weatherford...I've never done that AA classic which is the next morning, but according to my trainer and to my friend who have ridden it, it is the same. I suppose the striding could be slightly changed to account for the smaller fence sizes in the related distances, but the fences are in the basically the same place, and the course is the same, as far as the order of the fences. That is what I am referring to.

Coreene
Nov. 19, 2001, 10:58 AM
Saturday was fun, but this streak of fratboy came out and there was an utterance of "dude." Oh no! "Dude" is well and good in the AHSA/USET dance, but not on a date.

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO PICK A DATE OVER A HORSE SHOW!!!

The GP sounds like it was a blast! I love that mare. Who one the Onodarka? I know Torie got 8th, but heard nothing else.

And blast it, I have wanted to meet my new e-buddy Linda Allen for ages. Definitely would have thrown over the date had I known.

Weatherford
Nov. 19, 2001, 11:35 AM
Actually, AAJumper, Linda did say in this case, " almost the same but not quite -- can't move the jumps cuz of decorations and shavings used as part of them leave funny spots... "

I know one show at which I "assisted" (LOL - believe me, I did NOTHING but watch!), the kids were excited as they thought they were jumping the GP course, and it wasn't anywhere close to it! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

She really works on each course for each class asking question specific to that level of horses and riders - very important concept that, IMHO, often gets ignored by lesser CD's.

/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Coreene
Nov. 19, 2001, 11:38 AM
Grumble. Wish I had gone. How on earth are we going to coordinate which weekend we'll all be in Indio?

Chef Jade
Nov. 19, 2001, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Wow, do you ever have great timing with the camera!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank khobbstetter - if my timing were only this good on the back of my horse!

One of Karen's kids won the Onondarka - name is slipping my mind right now.

Jamie Taylor won the WCE (go Jamie!) Not one amater finished in the top 8 which I was sorry to see. However, the top 5 finishes in the M&S Hunter Classic were all amateurs. Emily Straw was 1st and 2nd on two AMAZING horses.

AAJumper
Nov. 19, 2001, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Weatherford:
Actually, AAJumper, Linda did say in this case, " almost the same but not quite -- can't move the jumps cuz of decorations and shavings used as part of them leave funny spots... "
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, nonetheless, I would still have liked the opportunity to ride one of Linda's courses. The AA's never get that opportunity at LAEC, other than this M&S course. We did get to ride a Conrad Homfeld course at the Oaks this July, and that was a nice opportunity. Anyway, in the past the AA classic was close enough to the GP that my trainer, who watched the GP the night before (this was last year and the year before, same show) thought it was the same course when she walked the M&S with my friend.

JustaLurker
Nov. 19, 2001, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chef:
Jamie Taylor won the WCE (go Jamie!) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chef, are you sure it was Jamie Taylor? I had heard it was Morgan Taylor. Since she's from my barn and I won't be seeing anyone with the authoritative news until after Thanksgiving, I'd sure like to know one way or the other.

Cheers, Maggi

[This message was edited by JustaLurker on Nov. 19, 2001 at 04:26 PM.]

adhock
Nov. 19, 2001, 01:13 PM
Hey Chef,

That was MY kid, Sophie Benjamin! Well, I can only take credit for parenting. She's been training with Marcy, Philip, Trudi and Hap and had just switched over to Karen. Sophie's horse was sick so we had planned on skipping the show. She was pretty fried after Indoors. At the last minute, Karen offered her a wonderful eq. horse, Maloma, owned by Shannon Kelly. Sophie had a lesson on her in the early morning then rode her for the first time in the ring Friday afternoon. Let's just say that at the ripe old age of10, years of good training, the priviledge of riding a great hrose, and catch riding many of the wonderful (and not so wonderful) ponies on the West and East Coasts paid off. We think she might be one of the youngest to win it and it was so much fun and a great surprise. Did you see the work off? Her dad and I were so proud! It was a great way for her to start off with a new trainer and a great moment for her old trainers who were leading the cheering section.

Coreene
Nov. 19, 2001, 01:18 PM
More and more bummed now that I didn't go (yes, was reminded of "bummed" when I heard "dude").

JustaLurker
Nov. 19, 2001, 01:24 PM
Well, with the same piece of information from 2 "in the know" people, I guess I must have heard wrong. Pity.

Cheers, Maggi

BLBGP
Nov. 19, 2001, 01:24 PM
Adhock - Congrats to you and yours! Your daughter is a great little rider who seems to really love the sport and the horses.

Justa - Do you ride in Santa cruz? I knew Morgan when she was on her pony. Nice girl.

AAJumper
Nov. 19, 2001, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coreene:
Grumble. Wish I had gone. How on earth are we going to coordinate which weekend we'll all be in Indio?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sounds like a lot of people will be there weeks 1 and 2. We should all try to get together and go out for dinner one night!

JustaLurker
Nov. 19, 2001, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLBGP:
Justa - Do you ride in Santa cruz? I knew Morgan when she was on her pony. Nice girl.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, being in my 7th decade (or is it 8th?), I don't ride these days -- just offer moral support. But, yup, I'm from the Santa Cruz area, Aptos being just a bit south.

Yes, Morgan is a very nice girl and is from a lovely, supportive family. She has been doing very well this year!

Cheers, Maggi

Coreene
Nov. 19, 2001, 01:33 PM
Maggi, maybe we should reassign everyone with an original name. I am forever getting people mixed up. Now watch, it will be your Taylor and not Karen's Taylor, and then to be even more confusing I am sure that there were some first names of Taylor in that class as well.

JustaLurker
Nov. 19, 2001, 01:38 PM
Maggi, maybe we should reassign everyone with an original name. I am forever getting people mixed up. Now watch, it will be your Taylor and not Karen's Taylor, and then to be even more confusing I am sure that there were some first names of Taylor in that class as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, you're sure right about the multitude of Taylors, both first and last names, these days. I wonder what happened years ago that made that name so popular. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The last name comes with the territory and you get it or don't, but it's an unusual first name.

Cheers, Maggi

Chef Jade
Nov. 19, 2001, 02:07 PM
Congrats Adhock! You must be VERY proud! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I did not see the workoff because I was waiting to show in the other ring but my mom watched it and was amazed at how difficult it was and how well all the youngsters handled it! And to think I was still learning diagonals at 10!

And to confuse you even more, Coreene, J. Taylor trains at Far West, and she has a younger sister Katie. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And to prove there really are 6 degrees of seperation using the equine Chef as the example...

I bought the Chef from Sophie's old trainers (Hap, Philip, Marcy, & Trudy) then sold him to Emily who now trains with Sophie's current trainers (Karen, Fred & Melissa) and Jamie Taylor switched horses to win the PCHA finals on Chef. Everyone get that? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Coreene
Nov. 19, 2001, 02:23 PM
Well now I'm even more confused. I didn't know you had sold Chef, I thought that you had only leased him out. Did you ever find out why they called him Chef??

CB
Nov. 19, 2001, 02:30 PM
WCE results:
1. Jamie Taylor
2. Elsa Horrigan
3. Rebecca Menco
4. Katy Brandes
5. Karrie Rufer
6. Jordan Lubow
thats all I remember

PromQueen
Nov. 19, 2001, 03:23 PM
Adhock.....why did you switch to Karen? and who else placed in the onodarka?

Coreene
Nov. 19, 2001, 03:31 PM
You must be glowing still. How wonderful for all of you. Now I am kicking myself even more for not going. And I hear that the class was HUGE as well.

Post photos!

Chanda
Nov. 20, 2001, 07:05 AM
AAJumper and Weatherford, I watched that class go on Sunday and the course was a little bit different. There was a different first fence and a couple tiny changes but it was very similar and just as fun to watch.

Peggy
Nov. 20, 2001, 09:26 PM
The final ten of the LAHSA Junior Medal finals included three pairs of sisters--Horrigans, Taylors and ???

CB
Nov. 21, 2001, 05:33 PM
the 3rd pair of sisters is the Hinthers

Alex Pakzad
Nov. 21, 2001, 06:36 PM
Aw. I'm glad to hear Em was 1st and 2nd in the Marshall and Sterling! She is so nice! Do you know if she won on her black horse or the cute paint one? She rides so so well.

-Alex-