PDA

View Full Version : Big thumbs up for Horseguard

ToTheNines
May. 29, 2012, 06:24 PM
My fencers just finished -- I installed 650 feet of cross fencing with the Bipolar Horseguard tape. Their technical support was great, and I am delighted with the fence. It is running off a solar charger, and the bipolar type needs no grounding.

Here is picture:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/461240_3679226153682_53940731_o.jpg

JB
May. 29, 2012, 06:35 PM
So glad you decided to use this and so glad you're happy! It really is awesome fencing :)

fairtheewell
May. 29, 2012, 06:56 PM
That looks great!

halo
May. 30, 2012, 06:51 PM
veddy veddy interestink......

Where is your gate? Did you use a real gate, or just the tape with a holder?

Do you have to run the tape as a solid run? I guess Im trying to figure out how a gate would work.

JB
May. 30, 2012, 07:43 PM
A gate works by running wire under it and reconnecting on the other side :)

Insulated wire runs from the bottom strand of the tape, under the gate, up the other side, and connects to the bottom strand on the other side, and another piece of insulated wire connects the bottom strand to the top strand(s).

I think the OP was using this as a less-used section, and was intending on just using the tape gate handles as the gate, so it can be a continuous run in that case. But when you're not, and need a gate in the middle (like my 3 gates), you do as per above.

halo
May. 30, 2012, 09:55 PM
Ah, I see. Makes sense.

ToTheNines
May. 30, 2012, 11:27 PM
Yes, what JB said. In my case, it was a straight run of cross fencing. I ran it between my perimeter fencing, which is pipe with a top rail and wire mesh.

I put a stretchy electric gate at each end because I will not be using the gates much. Horseguard sells a gate kit that was perfect.

You do not need to go in a circle -- that was one of my first questions to Horseguard.